6.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jib

I watched a hundred matches of Pogba at Juventus. I think that many underestimate Pogba if they think that he's been really good with Manchester United so far. He just show glimpses of magic, he's not even currently half the player he was last season (even though the stats say the reverse). The best is coming and I think that in the spring he'll walk on the league or so next season. Honestly, Pogba is by far the best player in the league, but he still can't show it, it's just a matter of time.

The players who are better than him play in la liga, not here.

Icemav

Good performance and clearly improving. Combative all over the pitch and disciplined positionally. Almost chipped in with a couple of super goals.

Could still offer more creativity in the final third but overall he is looking a much improved player being played in his preferred position.

Sylar

I thought he was fantastic for the team. The big positive is that theres still so much more to come from him.

ti vu

sums up the shirtcomings of the stats-dependent approach more than anything
Or Otamendi as bad as he is, has been doing twice the work in defending playing with Rio mkII Stones.

In Pogba case those passes, the touches, those turns... ain't fluke

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Compared to his first months here, I think he improved his weaknesses a lot. He was a bit "headless" and too casual without the ball, now we see a lot of determination to win the ball and he is always there to defend. It is all coming together and finally, he has the right role in the team. With Herrera doing so much off the ball and Carrick shielding our back 4, it gives him exactly the kind of freedom he needs.

The United

Like how he is so composed at making space in tight spaces and generally protect the ball well. His cross field passes when you does are pretty good too.

Once he figures out when to pass quicker near the box, he will be a super player, imo. He is still holding the ball around there too much at the moment.

Stacks

Another good performance. Such a class player, been playing well for ages too. We've missed his quality so badly, worth every penny.
This is more hyperbole. Not that I am bothered about his cost but in relation to your statement you would expect Bale's final season at Spurs for those "penny's", nothing less. Or even a Suarez final Liverpool season where he carried them to near title success. That said I am happy if the Tottenham game is his lowest level as that would be a good base to build from. On other days like this he would have a goal and didn't put many feet wrong in the match. Allowed us to keep things going in a positive fashion without being a liability.

Moonred

Nothing...
Just probing.

Switches off a lot. Picks wrong pass. He plays like a young Rio Ferdinand, expecting his athleticism to get him out of trouble. Very frustrating player at the minute.
He isn't frustrating unless you expect him to be magic every time he has the ball. He makes mistakes but he also is one of our best and consistent performers over the last many matches.

Robbie Boy

Good half. Needs to cut out some of the fancy flicks and extravagant passing (when not necessary). But lots of positives again.

Zoo

Switches off a lot. Picks wrong pass. He plays like a young Rio Ferdinand, expecting his athleticism to get him out of trouble. Very frustrating player at the minute.
He's been superb. Such a complete player not sure you're watching.

Man-United

Love this man. Even if he's made mistakes in this first half it's him and just a few others who try. Too many just want good passing stats by doing it safe safe safe all the time.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Apart from a single sloppy pass he's been amazing, I've wanted him to improve his decision making and so far he's made all the right decisions.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's been great. Really pleased to see him score.

So much of his play this season is at the 'nearly-man' stage - that chip into Rooney and the clever pass he made to Blind who made the wrong cross are just two examples this game. You hope at some point it all just clicks, and we'll be talking about him with a lot more goals/assists to his name.

Kag

I thought that was a bloody brilliant half of football. The same band of bores will whinge on about some of his loose passing, but the creativity to his game is magnificent. He's running the game (which he apparently can't do) and is the only reason we've created anything. He's been everywhere.

Tiber

Good half. Needs to cut out some of the fancy flicks and extravagant passing (when not necessary). But lots of positives again.
That is who Pogba is. Comes with the player, unlucky not to have a wonder goal as a result of it in this game

AndyJ1985

Can't wait until we bring in more world class players. They'll thrive on Pogba's creativity.

cyberman

Has taken the defensive responsibility on his back tonight, he's really stepped it up

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
His worst half in a while with some atrocious passes, but scored a goal and had an assist that Rooney failed to convert. He's going to win us so many points.

Status
Not open for further replies.