Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Womp

idiot
He's just so good, honestly think we coulda got something out of the game if he played vs Arsenal.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
He's just so good, honestly think we coulda got something out of the game if he played vs Arsenal.
I honestly think we would of smashed them had paul played today.

His contributions are criminally underated.

RuudTom83

Jose knows what he is doing, Pogba needs a rest and who cares about finishing 4th 5th 6th we want a trohey!! and today's result simplifies the selection dilemma.

Without Zlatan we need to wrap Pogba in cotton wool, United have 2 important games to win and we need Paul to do it!

Sylar

I think if he had come on for Rooney at half time, we would have won the game.
But I think the priority was to make sure he didnt play and was ready for Celta which is fine.

Hamadovich86

Anyone else think that Pogba's best role would be the same as young Iniesta? He used to play on the left of a midfield three and support the forward/fullback on the left, providing the pass before the assist and even direct assists himself. He didnt score too many goals but they were important goals and I just think that Pogba fits in that role. Hes not as gifted on the ball (still better than most) but hes definitely stronger than Iniesta and I really think he could do a better job there then being in a midfield of two. Thoughts?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Anyone else think that Pogba's best role would be the same as young Iniesta? He used to play on the left of a midfield three and support the forward/fullback on the left, providing the pass before the assist and even direct assists himself. He didnt score too many goals but they were important goals and I just think that Pogba fits in that role. Hes not as gifted on the ball (still better than most) but hes definitely stronger than Iniesta and I really think he could do a better job there then being in a midfield of two. Thoughts?
Best role for him, yes, best role for the team right now? No. The difference between having him playing in the heart of midfield and not having him there is so plain to see. He provides so much power, energy and creativity, it's just essential to have him there right now.

If we managed to sign someone like Fabinho to provide that energy and power though and gave him more freedom to maraud around the pitch then there's a good chance he will settle back into the faux left wing position which could work nicely for Martial as it would ease up his defensive responsibilities and allow him to play as an inside forward again.

Ole90+3

This isn't some kind of revelation that Pogba is most suited to the left side of a midfield 3. It's the position he played his best football for Juventus in. I can't see Mourinho deploying this formation or tactic however. I think it's obvious that the 4-2-3-1 is the formation that Mourinho sees as the long term solution. Mourinho has played Pogba in a midfield 2 most of the season, giving him further defensive responsibility. Considering how inept Pogba looked on the defensive side of things against City at OT, I think his improvement since then has been extremely encouraging. I can see Pogba becoming a great complete midfielder in that role.

People bring up the fact that Griezmann and Pogba didn't work together in the Euros last year, however I think Pogba has worked on his game a lot this season, and is much more defensively competent and positionally disciplined because of it.

Hamadovich86

This isn't some kind of revelation that Pogba is most suited to the left side of a midfield 3. It's the position he played his best football for Juventus in. I can't see Mourinho deploying this formation or tactic however. I think it's obvious that the 4-2-3-1 is the formation that Mourinho sees as the long term solution. Mourinho has played Pogba in a midfield 2 most of the season, giving him further defensive responsibility. Considering how inept Pogba looked on the defensive side of things against City at OT, I think his improvement since then has been extremely encouraging. I can see Pogba becoming a great complete midfielder in that role.

People bring up the fact that Griezmann and Pogba didn't work together in the Euros last year, however I think Pogba has worked on his game a lot this season, and is much more defensively competent and positionally disciplined because of it.
Not sure about that, Mourinho has played so many different formations throughout the years with different teams I am certain that he would use the one that is most suited to the squad that he has on hand. This is why hes played Pogba in the middle I think because he believes thats the best position for him in the current squad. After the transfer window I think (hope) that this would change and we'd see Pogba in a different role.

Kearnkoff69

Very good yet again. His contributions don't always show up on the stat sheet, but we haven't had anyone with his skill and creativity in the middle of the park for a while. Even Scholes was a totally different player as he dropped deeper and deeper. He will be an vital cog of our team for years.

3KDré

Every time he gets fouled it gets ignored because he's big and strong.

Roboc7

Our best player, getting better players in midfield to get even more out of him is essential in the summer.

Devil may care

Grew into the game and certainly played his heart out, the movement in front of him at times was utterly woeful.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Amazing, amazing, amazing. I hate our tactics but love watching this guy play.

roykeane19

Head and shoulders above our other players. Really needs better players around him, surrounded by absolute shit in front of him, our attack is totally non existant

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
I had been criticising Pogba for much of the season but he has looked good recently and is looking like our best player at the moment.

Womp

idiot
One of the best signings we've ever made imo. He's only getting started. It's baffling to think we should have never had to buy him back in the first place.

izec

Just glad he didnt do some stupid things in the end, easy to smack one of the Spanish cnuts in the face. He is our most important player.

Web of Bissaka

Love it, he's becoming a genuine B2B all around type of complete midfielder :keano:

Under Mourinho, his defensive work improved by a lot, and he bother to put more effort in defending now compare to earlier season where he just shirk away from it displaying no interest.

Now, just improve that finishing and make those distance shooting be more consistent.

:smirk:It's amazing how he turns people's opinions around with his more matured improving performances.

Blessing.

Sylar

I think overall hes had a good season for us, let down by some aspects (such as finishing of others)
Thought he had a good game today too.

I think we will defo see him improve and get even better. Hoping he has a midfield partner (along with herrera) that helps take some of the defensive duty away from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.