6.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
I think overall hes had a good season for us, let down by some aspects (such as finishing of others)
Thought he had a good game today too.

I think we will defo see him improve and get even better. Hoping he has a midfield partner (along with herrera) that helps take some of the defensive duty away from him.
Fabinho! He would improve us so much, in a lesser extent, Dier.. but that'd be really underwhelming.

Untied

He's our best player. And once his shots stop hitting the woodwork and our strikers start finishing his key passes, the goals/assists will reflect that.

Born2Lose

I think he's still a bit hit and miss at times, but I suspect he'll be one of the guys who benefits the most if we bring in the right players in the summer.

WhoDaGOAT

He's a Soccer AM player. 4-5 moments a game amongst a lot of poor decision making and timidness.

He's basically the midfield version of Nani.

Stacks

To be honest, ignoring the soccer AM part, the Nani comparisons hold weight and I have posted quotes from Nani former team mates which support it. In terms of ability, Nani was said to match the best in the world in his position and with his boot, could have fleeting moments in a game where he will get an assist or score a goal, however the world class players know when to do the right thing more often and also do the simple things like clockwork, which is what separates Nani from say a Ronaldo or a Pogba from a Scholes

WhoDaGOAT

:lol:

Try harder.
He was awful. A nice piece of skill on the middle of the park blinds people. He can be easy on the eye at times, but flatters to deceive.

He constantly fouled their players and even fecked up his own assist to Herrera by fouling. His shooting was abysmal.

2-3 key passes and cheeky piece of skill to draw a foul does not hide the fact that it was a subpar perfomance. Our midfield did not control the game. Fellaini outperformed Pogba and Herrera.

WhoDaGOAT

To be honest, ignoring the soccer AM part, the Nani comparisons hold weight and I have posted quotes from Nani former team mates which support it. In terms of ability, Nani was said to match the best in the world in his position and with his boot, could have fleeting moments in a game where he will get an assist or score a goal, however the world class players know when to do the right thing more often and also do the simple things like clockwork, which is what separates Nani from say a Ronaldo or a Pogba from a Scholes
Good post.

Compare that performance with Modrić's the other night. He is a more efficient player. That is what we need from our midfield. Consistency over 90 mins, without being flashy.

I'd take Eriksen over Pogba at present. Another highly effective and efficient player. Pogba is our Coutinho.

Stacks

Try harder.
Pogba could have matched Lampard and Gerrard, says Stacks

Stacks believes only a lack of consistency stopped Pogba becoming one of the best players in the world.
Stacks says he can be happy with his career after winning four Serie A titles, the Italian cup and the League cup.

And the 30-year-old thinks only a lack of consistency has prevented him from being talked about in the same bracket as Gerrard, Lampard, Toure and Vieira.

Stacks wrote on Facebook: “He was blessed with lots of attributes, having the tools to match most in the world - pace, power in both feet, skill, strength, I could go on.

“It’s one thing having all that it’s another putting it all together, week in week out.

“There aren’t many that do and there is the thing that separates Kroos and Modric from the next tier of Thiago, Vidal and De Bruyne.

"Don’t get me wrong those are world class players as well but there is tiers with how consistently they produce moments of defining brilliance and it goes on and on through the tiers of players.

"A key attribute for any world class player is decision making, when to dribble, when to shoot and when to pass.

“The players in the top tiers get them decisions right more often than not.

“What category Pogba sits in now is hard to judge as he hasn’t played for Man Utd for a long time.

“He produced wonder moments back in Italy but I have not seen much of him consistently at Juve.

“For me he had all the attributes to have been in the second and third tiers easily."

NOTE: this was written about Nani. All I changed was Ferdinand to Stacks, our ages, the attackers to CM, Sporting to Juve, EPL to Serie A, some of the cups. To me it does ring very true

Last edited:

el3mel

He was awful. A nice piece of skill on the middle of the park blinds people. He can be easy on the eye at times, but flatters to deceive.

He constantly fouled their players and even fecked up his own assist to Herrera by fouling. His shooting was abysmal.

2-3 key passes and cheeky piece of skill to draw a foul does not hide the fact that it was a subpar perfomance. Our midfield did not control the game. Fellaini outperformed Pogba and Herrera.
Sorry but the argument is really invalid considering how dogshite our midfield appeared when we were without him, during Jan and Feb when he was slaughtered for the slightest reason we could have an argument about his role but we already see the team with and without him to know how important he's to our play and how can't even create a chance while he's not playing, not as you claim.

WhoDaGOAT

Sorry but the argument is really invalid considering how dogshite our midfield appeared when we were without him, during Jan and Feb when he was slaughtered for the slightest reason we could have an argument about his role but we already see the team with and without him to know how important he's to our play and how can't even create a chance while he's not playing, not as you claim.
What a terribly biased view. You'd swear Pogba is the only player capable of key passes. Herrera, Mata, Mkhitaryan and Martial have been passing backwards all season, I take it.

Pogba is a creative player, but he's not a central midfielder or an attacking midfielder. He's a luxury hybrid player who makes good content for highlight reels.

He should have more assists to his name, but that does not exclude him from criticism. He makes basic errors that need to be stamped out of his game.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
What a terribly biased view. You'd swear Pogba is the only player capable of key passes. Herrera, Mata, Mkhitaryan and Martial have been passing backwards all season, I take it.

Pogba is a creative player, but he's not a central midfielder or an attacking midfielder. He's a luxury hybrid player who makes good content for highlight reels.

He should have more assists to his name, but that does not exclude him from criticism. He makes basic errors that need to be stamped out of his game.
Hypocrisy at its finest

WhoDaGOAT

Hypocrisy at its finest
Can you not see that with your eyes? I'm the only one fairly analysing the player. I've been watching Pogba every season since he debuted for the U18s. I know the player's game as well as a fan probably can. He is not a central midfielder or an attacking midfielder like Silva. He is a hybrid player; a mixture of both roles. He has his moments in every game, but often flatters to deceive and makes unnecessary errors. That is fair.

el3mel

When talking about biased opinion I think you really need to consider your opinion at first because it's biased in its best form, when he has been great recently and you are telling us he's soccer AM.

Regarding the bold , well he is and we saw it already when he's absent how we can create nothing without him, him and Mata are the only players who got any vision for the field, Mikhi is not bad but physically wise, he loses the ball a lot to even get a chance to create anything and Martial doesn't have any vision and know nothing except to try and dribble past defenders till he loses the ball.

Paul combines great vision to the field, complete awareness of players position to play the through or long balls, and high physicality to compete with other players unlike Mikhi. He's having a defensive role like them so it's not excuse.

If you can't see how we looked toothless without him then we all know whose opinion is biased.

el3mel

Can you not see that with your eyes? I'm the only one fairly analysing the player. I've been watching Pogba every season since he debuted for the U18s. I know the player's game as well as a fan probably can. He is not a central midfielder or an attacking midfielder like Silva. He is a hybrid player; a mixture of both roles. He has his moments in every game, but often flatters to deceive and makes unnecessary errors. That is fair.

WhoDaGOAT

When talking about biased opinion I think you really need to consider your opinion at first because it's biased in its best form, when he has been great recently and you are telling us he's soccer AM.

Regarding the bold , well he is and we saw it already when he's absent how we can create nothing without him, him and Mata are the only players who got any vision for the field, Mikhi is not bad but physically wise, he loses the ball a lot to even get a chance to create anything and Martial doesn't have any vision and know nothing except to try and dribble past defenders till he loses the ball.

Paul combines great vision to the field, complete awareness of players position to play the through or long balls, and high physicality to compete with other players unlike Mikhi. He's having a defensive role like them so it's not excuse.

If you can't see how we looked toothless without him then we all whose opinion is biased.
I'm done debating with you. I have my opinion and you have yours. It's obvious we can't agree.

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
Pogba is too good for this United team. I sincerely hope we buy players closer to his level in the the summer and coming seasons.
I think this is correct, or at least close to correct. Not sure if it's a lack of talent within the team or the way we play, but we're not getting the best out of our best player and its frustrating.

This summer should be an interesting one.

AXVnee7

Only one out of who?

cyberman

He must go to bed dreaming of picking up the ball from the defenders, looking up for an offensive player to play off of only to see Rashford running 35 yards the other way while pointing at the ground looking for an impossible through ball...for 90 mins straight.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
He must go to bed dreaming of picking up the ball from the defenders, looking up for an offensive player to play off of only to see Rashford running 35 yards the other way while pointing at the ground looking for an impossible through ball...for 90 mins straight.
:lol::lol::lol:

That gave me a proper good chuckle. Of all the talk of pace, Zlatan would provide Pogba with intelligent runs when needed and drop into midfield to help with build up when needed. Im not sure how its possible but Rashford might actually have too much pace in the first 10 or so yards, he needs to bend his runs because he's offside a lot.

cyberman

:lol::lol::lol:

That gave me a proper good chuckle. Of all the talk of pace, Zlatan would provide Pogba with intelligent runs when needed and drop into midfield to help with build up when needed. Im not sure how its possible but Rashford might actually have too much pace in the first 10 or so yards, he needs to bend his runs because he's offside a lot.
We had the best away record in the league when Ibra injured himself. He would drop deep and pick up the ball and maybe a few things didn't come off but he allowed Mkhi etc to run in behind, it was a tradeoff that worked.
When Rashford plays nobody holds up the ball and nobody can use him to run in behind when Rashford is already off on his travels.
It's infuriating to watch. It works v Chelsea when he's isolated but he's dribbling around 3 Chelsea defenders and Herrera is picking out Xavi like passes but the average Rashford game will slow us down.

Last edited:

Stadjer

Pogba is too good for this United team. I sincerely hope we buy players closer to his level in the the summer and coming seasons.
He is. Players like Pogba and DDG shpil be playing to win the league and CL. Not play to be 4th and win the EL. Too bad they have to play with mediocre players like Fellaini, current Rooney and Lingard

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's surrounded by static players every game, must be infuriating. Ibra was the only forward who ever gave him a run in behind a defence, you can see he clearly looks for that ball first before any other, but we never utilise it.

The point in the 2nd half where he ran away from his marker, moved across the pitch looking for a pass but nobody helped. All of a sudden he has to turn back and then gets swamped by the other midfield players. It looks like his fault but what can he do if nobody wants the ball?

Anyway good game, worked his socks off and had very little to work with.

UnitedForever147

He's our best player. And once his shots stop hitting the woodwork and our strikers start finishing his key passes, the goals/assists will reflect that.
He hasn't hit the woodwork for a while though. Most of his recent shots have been closer to the car park. Makes you wonder if he practices shooting.

Peshi

I think he looks desperate to make good. This is how it is when youre getting pressure from the media fans etc. I think he should start to play easy and then rebuild his confidence instead of trying out hard stuff which he sometimes fails and it looks bad.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Once he has a couple of better midfielders around him he's going to be class. Fellaini, Herrera and Carrick are just not there unfortunately. Pogba sticks out like a sore thumb but his weaknesses get exposed as the other two partnering him don't offer enough imo.

southlegend

Apparently his father passed away today :(

Hopefully we give him all the time he needs. Horrible losing a parent.

Status
Not open for further replies.