Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hahao

His future is in 4-2-3-1.
Not easy to find that idea midfielder to pair up next to him though. You need both a destroyer and a holding midfielder in one.
We"ll find that player though..

CG1010

Are we ever going to stop talking about that damn price tag? It doesn't matter! We've already made it back from his shirt sales alone! He was never worth 90 million as a footballer, we paid 90 million because of his commercial worth! Time to start viewing him for what he is: a high-quality, all-round midfielder who's job it is to make our midfield tick. He doesn't have to be the talisman in every game in order to be a good signing and an important player.
Run! Run before they come after you. If there is a myth you shouldn't repeat at the caf, its this one. This and that "Man Utd" is a offensive term to the fans.

Hahao

Pogba is a phenomenal player but we need to stop petting him. He does have some big weaknesses in his game and he better work on them. He needs to take responsibility and improve what he has to. A lot of it is just effort and giving his all. He needs to be in 4-2-3-1.

Footyislife

Except for the Liverpool game, he's been pretty good. His shooting has been atrocious and his effort on defense has been lacking. However, last game against Leicester, he showed pretty good work rate. Needs to do better with his shots and score some more headers from set pieces.

AgentP

His finishing has really let him down this season. He could have easily been closing in on 15 goals if he was just more clinical. Playing him in a 2-man midfield will take some pressure of him as the onus will be on the more attacking players to assist and score. Yaya Toure played alongside Barry and still scored a lot of goals. Pogba needs to pick and choose moments like him to move up the pitch to grab a goal or assist. If Pogba can adapt to this role well, then it will be easier for us to integrate Greizmann (if we sign him) into our side.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
There's worse things to be called in life and I've been called most of them. Man Utd doesn't bother me in the slightest.
Depends how invested in the history of the club you are really I suppose. For some it's about realising it was once a derogatory term for others that meaning has now passed. I'm in the middle personally whereas I'll never use it and find it strange when United fans do but if an opposition fan my age said it I would know they didn't mean it offensively.

dirkey

Except for the Liverpool game, he's been pretty good. His shooting has been atrocious and his effort on defense has been lacking. However, last game against Leicester, he showed pretty good work rate. Needs to do better with his shots and score some more headers from set pieces.
If only we had someone capable of putting a half decent dead ball into the box. We're absolutely pitiful at them.

BerbaDean

Pogba. Complete waste of money Just ask SAF
You can't say that after only 5 months, give the lad a chance. The fee was very overpriced but when your desperate and Manchester United, you pay way over the odds!

I can remember when I and many others used to pull my hair out when 'crabby Carrick' was playing, now for the last few years he's been pretty irreplaceable, now playing with the passes forward, not sideways/backwards.

Skills

Snitch
I actually like him in a slightly more restricted role. I just think he's so insanely talented , he'll still contribute significantly in the attacking half even with the additional defensive burden.

ukbob

Caf's Coolest Rag n Bone man
For that money and the fact he used to be with us I expect him to NOT be given time. A lot of that money was through his agent who by the way are the most evil money grabbers of all time. You just have to think players of that value perform right away. Just how long would he be accepted at say City or Arsenal. Ozil performed to his value right off the bat as do many other players these days. He is no different
Then just think, why did SAF let him go? and it was not because of his agent, SAF would NOT be intimidated by them, so why ? I will tell you, because he was a prima donna poofter!!

Zoo

For that money and the fact he used to be with us I expect him to NOT be given time. A lot of that money was through his agent who by the way are the most evil money grabbers of all time. You just have to think players of that value perform right away. Just how long would he be accepted at say City or Arsenal. Ozil performed to his value right off the bat as do many other players these days. He is no different
Then just think, why did SAF let him go? and it was not because of his agent, SAF would NOT be intimidated by them, so why ? I will tell you, because he was a prima donna poofter!!
He didn't. And there are still doubts over him.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
The same Ozil Wenger had to bench :lol:

podurban2

I'm calling a free-kick goal against Watford. Hopefully set him on a run too. He needs it.

ukbob

Caf's Coolest Rag n Bone man
I don't care what you all say about Ozil, the fact is that Pogba just has not performed, Even the little that Ozil has performed has made him a far better buy than Pogba, Just because its United most of you bury your head in the sand, listen to the media, accept his comings and goings like hes a god. Well, sorry folks to tell you . he is a phoney

Marcelinho87

I don't care what you all say about Ozil, the fact is that Pogba just has not performed, Even the little that Ozil has performed has made him a far better buy than Pogba, Just because its United most of you bury your head in the sand, listen to the media, accept his comings and goings like hes a god. Well, sorry folks to tell you . he is a phoney
So Ozil performing a little in nearly 4 years is comparable to Pogba in 6 months? How?

kr0nix

Homophobic pejoratives in 2017 :lol:

hellohello

Supports
Tottenham
For me, Pogba will have next season to convince me. He has shown flashes of brilliance, but not yet convinced me that he's a top class midfielder. I'm excited to see what he does towards the end of the season in the big games. IF he doesn't manage to impose himself on those games and goes missing, I think most people will agree that it's been a bad first season for him.

Regarding Özil. He is works class at spotting a runner and releasing the ball correctly. This made him extremely effective in Real Madrid who had great runners off the ball. He also got weaknesses to his game, and for me, those are too many to be a truly world class player. He goes missing too often, and doesn't impose himself on games, others have to include him, or he doesn't offer much.

NotQuiteManc

Pogba has shown that he excels when given the more forward free role in midfield three, that is without any doubt. Based on recent news/interview though, it is stated that Mou is training the players to be more of a complete player. An all rounder in that sense, and with Pogba, I think Mou is training him to be more disciplined and more defensive aware and more complete midfielder. If he can improve on that two aspects, as well as his strengths, I think he would be worth more than the fee United paid for him.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
I quite like him in this deeper position, if he can somehow learn the role in terms of positioning then it's perfect for him. He has all the physical and technical attributes you could ask for.

Minimalist

He's been okay. To be honest I don't know what his effective role is supposed to be. One nice shot on goal to be fair.

3KDré

I don't like restricting him in this role. He is fine here but it's a waste of his abilities. We really need to find a suitable Carrick replacement.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
I still want him further forward but he's fine being deeper until we sign someone in the summer.
Even with him playing deeper, today he's shown a willingness to go forward for chances too. He's had a couple good long shots and almost scored.

That long pass to Zlatan was great and he's put himself about well, he's out muscled Watford on many occasions.

cyberman

I like him in this role. It spreads our quality wider through the field which makes it harder to handle for the opposition

Ekeke

He's made almost twice the amount of passes of the next highest player. 52 for Pogba, 35 for Miki next. Dominant

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
I actually think he's best in this role even if it doesn't fully exploit his skillset. Playing here allows him to get on the ball and get in a rhythm, he's so much better in rhythm than he is flitting in and out of the game when he plays further up.

Status
Not open for further replies.