Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cliche Guevara

I think he’s been injured but telling Jose he’s fit. I also think Jose suspects he’s injured but has tried to play him and it hasn’t worked. He’s definitely been holding back recently.

Regarding the other stuff, obviously players are entitled to do what they like off the pitch.

Perhaps at the moment, however, he needs to decide if he wants to be a successful footballer or an Internet personality. You’re going to start looking a bit silly showing off on your social media when you’re embarrassing yourself on the pitch.

Clowning around the day after a humiliating Champions League exit is going to try a lot of people’s patience, and maybe even question if you’re taking it seriously.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I think he’s been injured but telling Jose he’s fit. I also think Jose suspects he’s injured but has tried to play him and it hasn’t worked. He’s definitely been holding back recently.

I certainly think there's a lot in that. I don't think he's one of those players who is good with niggly injuries. He's more like Robben, who has to be fully right, or not at all.

Oldyella

I prefer football like it used to be, when players would finish training, and go and spend all afternoon in the pub on massive benders rather than waste their time getting fancy haircuts.

meamth

If he is leaving, it will be the saddest day for United for me since Fergie's retirement. Flair players like him will be a massive loss for us. :(

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff

Regarding the other stuff, obviously players are entitled to do what they like off the pitch.

Perhaps at the moment, however, he needs to decide if he wants to be a successful footballer or an Internet personality. You’re going to start looking a bit silly showing off on your social media when you’re embarrassing yourself on the pitch.

Clowning around the day after a humiliating Champions League exit is going to try a lot of people’s patience, and maybe even question if you’re taking it seriously.
What on earth do you base that first paragraph on?

OldSchoolManc

If this was true and he had an injury that meant he couldn’t run or pass the ball, it would make him completely and utterly stupid. It would also mean that our physios and back room team are a complete failure.
Every one needs to stop making excuses for him.

Litch

Incredible player who at the right club under the right manager will no doubt become one of the best in the world. Special players need the right environment to play and currently this isn't it. There is something very toxic at Utd and something needs to change quickly because Jose is struggling. If he can't get a tune out of 3/4 of the most creative and talented players in the prem in Pogba, Martial, Rashford and Sanchez......we are fecked as the issues will be exactly the same if Griezmann or Neymar turned up here tomorrow. Why buy fecking Porsche to use it to take stuff to the tip.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Anybody hoping he leaves is absolutely bonkers. He will be world class in any other team that doesn't think negatively first.

If he joined PSG alongside Verratti and Neymar he would be amazing, no doubt he's probably had some offers and is considering it.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
If he is leaving, it will be the saddest day for United for me since Fergie's retirement. Flair players like him will be a massive loss for us. :(
I understand where you're coming from, but... Has Pogba really produced that many amazing games that left you thinking "Wow, he's going to win as many ballon d'or as Ronaldo or Messi"?

I know he's a beloved player here in the forum, but for me he's a big disapointment not only for this season. And plus: he's not a big game player. he just gets swallowed on those games and doen't step up.

I really hope he'll stay and improves, because we all know he's a fantastic player, but if things are not working in this relationship, the divorce might be the better way for both parties.

Oldyella

I understand where you're coming from, but... Has Pogba really produced that many amazing games that left you thinking "Wow, he's going to win as many ballon d'or as Ronaldo or Messi"?

I know he's a beloved player here in the forum, but for me he's a big disapointment not only for this season. And plus: he's not a big game player. he just gets swallowed on those games and doen't step up.

I really hope he'll stay and improves, because we all know he's a fantastic player, but if things are not working in this relationship, the divorce might be the better way for both parties.
No player will ever win as many as Messi or Ronaldo.

Is he capable of winning one? Yes, although it is rare players playing in the UK ever do.

GBBQ

Is he capable of winning one? Yes, although it is rare players playing in the UK ever do.
I think that will change with the money in the leagues and the caliber of players being brought into the league.

Minimalist

The worrying element of what Pogba has said is not that he wants to play with Neymar. It’s the players he wants to emulate.

Besides Modric none of them is really known for helping with the defensive work. Pogba clearly does not model his game after box to box players. Tactically that’s an issue. It suggests he won’t change his game to suit 4-2-3-1. Long term that’s an issue.
Agree with this.

Either him or his manager has to change their thinking on this. His recent work ethic on the pitch does him little favours though.

Oldyella

I think that will change with the money in the leagues and the caliber of players being brought into the league.
Maybe, as Messi and Ronaldo get a little older. Although Barca and Real always seem to sign the very best players despite the money spent in the PL

Revaulx

His top level may be really high, but he’s not at any time since he’s been here shown that he can operate anywhere near that level consistently enough to be considered for the Ballon d’Or.

If he’s desperate for it he’d be better off at PSG.

Micky Targaryen

Pogba stating that he would love to play alongside Neymar actually means that he would love it if Neymar joins Man Utd one day.

Am I the only one who read it like that?

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
The most frustrating thing about him is despite being a very, very good midfielder (proven during his time at Juventus) and has the potential to be the best, He lost battles in midfield against less talented players from mid table clubs again and again.

People suggested that He has to play in a midfield three but it's ridiculous, a player with his technical skill, physicality and experience shouldn't have problems playing in a midfield two - sure, His goal/assist ratio would be lower than if He's being played as a midfield three but that shouldn't be a reason why can't He perform at least decently in a midfield two against 'lesser' teams.

Regardless of that, He's a class midfielder on his days and I hope He stays.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Incredible player who at the right club under the right manager will no doubt become one of the best in the world. Special players need the right environment to play and currently this isn't it. There is something very toxic at Utd and something needs to change quickly because Jose is struggling. If he can't get a tune out of 3/4 of the most creative and talented players in the prem in Pogba, Martial, Rashford and Sanchez......we are fecked as the issues will be exactly the same if Griezmann or Neymar turned up here tomorrow. Why buy fecking Porsche to use it to take stuff to the tip.

Exactly this.

RedDevil@84

Pogba stating that he would love to play alongside Neymar actually means that he would love it if Neymar joins Man Utd one day.

That would be fun. Neymar sulking all season about the clouds, rain and the cold in Manchester. And then getting injured for his sister's birthday.
But before all that it will be fun to complete deals with his family.

Zlatattack

Has anyone seen Pogba do any defending for us? I was reading another topic where people were talking about using Pogba as one of a "double pivot", i've always thought players in that role have some defensive and some offensive duties. I'm not sure i've ever seen Pogba do defensive work for us. I don't watch him regularly though. Can someone clear this up for me please? What kind of defensive contribution does Paul Pogba provide?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

More like he wants to move back to France and play for PSG, I think that's more likely.

He's obviously unhappy with the Mourinho treatment and dropping little hints recently.

peridigm

More like he wants to move back to France and play for PSG, I think that's more likely.

He's obviously unhappy with the Mourinho treatment and dropping little hints recently.
Both will meet up in Madrid.

with Dave of course.

Rasfene

Pogba is a Frenchman. Of course he wants to move back. Less stress and he can concentrate on attacking in psg. Pogba is good at linking up in attack but terrible at sensing danger or defend.

Look at all the goals Juventus conceded in champ league. Most of them are due to Pogba not defending

Minimalist

Has anyone seen Pogba do any defending for us? I was reading another topic where people were talking about using Pogba as one of a "double pivot", i've always thought players in that role have some defensive and some offensive duties. I'm not sure i've ever seen Pogba do defensive work for us. I don't watch him regularly though. Can someone clear this up for me please? What kind of defensive contribution does Paul Pogba provide?
He's actually not that bad when you look at the numbers. Certainly when you compare him to midfielders in the league that play comparable roles in their teams.

I think when you watch him live it's a different feeling (which may not be wrong - stats probably not telling the real story).

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
People suggested that He has to play in a midfield three but it's ridiculous, a player with his technical skill, physicality and experience shouldn't have problems playing in a midfield two - sure, His goal/assist ratio would be lower than if He's being played as a midfield three but that shouldn't be a reason why can't He perform at least decently in a midfield two against 'lesser' teams.
He's played well in a midfield two plenty of times for us. His recent terrible form seems to have made many people forget that.

The big two questions are:

1) can he play well in a midfield two consistently or will he always bounce between great games and poor games?

2) can he reach his absolute peak in a midfield two, or will it always hold him back to some extent?

Personally I've got no problem with him playing in a midfield two sometimes, but I have doubts over whether he'll ever be able to be consistent enough in that position to build a team around. Especially in games against other top teams. I'm hoping Mourinho's comments about midfielders a month or two ago means he's come to the same conclusion and intends to tweak what he intended to get us another controlling midfielder next to Matic and Pogba.

Laurentiu amt

I m at the stage with Pogba that I really don't think he would be much of a loss if we sign 2 top midfielders in the summer. Anyone else feel like this?
It wouldn't be at this given moment. But if you think ahead and imagine what potential he has, why not level with him and get him back on track. He's present form and ability is not a lost, but his potential ones are.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Pogba was really good until the whole Mkhitaryan-Sanchez swap.

I'm hoping he is inured, but I wouldn't be surprised if the transfer affected him. Because not only was he good friends with Mkhitaryan, but also Martial. Pogba is like that, he enjoys being friends with footballers, he builds a bond with his teammates. Some footballers are just model professionals, that lead by example and are no nonsense (ie Zlatan).

Frank Grimes

It wouldn't be at this given moment. But if you think ahead and imagine what potential he has, why not level with him and get him back on track. He's present form and ability is not a lost, but his potential ones are.
I don't care how well he plays for a future team though. He has been a United player for almost 2 seasons and has not done the business, that is my concern.
If I thought we could get Milinkovic-Savic and Jorginho/Weigl we would have improved a lot imo.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
I m at the stage with Pogba that I really don't think he would be much of a loss if we sign 2 top midfielders in the summer. Anyone else feel like this?
Can you name 2 top midfielders who are better than him, and are available?

Status
Not open for further replies.