Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

automaticflare

Selective thinking. In the first half he won the ball, drove forward passed 2 Chelsea players and played it to Sanchez who nearly fell over, leading to the Rashford chance where he completely mishit the ball.

Several times he drove into the space really well when the game got stretched, but no he did nothing effective :rolleyes:

He played the ball to the forwards and wide men all game long, but they proceeded to do sod all with it.

Pogba is a CM not Messi, I seriously can't understand what you all expect of him?
Spot on

El Zoido

I thought he was our best player. That header was so poor though, he’s got to do better than that.

Backrow Singer

I’ve criticsed him a lot this year but I felt for him today. He’d pick the ball up, turn and there was consistently no movement ahead of him at all. Rashford either dropped deep or gave the ball away, they shut Sanchez out of the game and every time he played out to Young/Valencia, the delivery never beat the first man. We have to start being more ruthless with the ball, we give the ball away far, far too much in tight spaces.

That missed chance at the end though was inexcusable, won’t get a better chance than that to grab an equaliser.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
Was alright...

Course, we could all say, "90 million quid? Rubbish" but what's he supposed to do?

They defended deep, they nullified the wings, Rashford was awful, he done everything he could....Is he supposed to take on teams by himself?

He's not Messi

Rasfene

Ka_BC0oIEWs

People still need to remember that Pogba did well last night (other for the miss) and don't forget he won the Europa and League cup for Man United last season.

RoLo

Can't post media yet but some potentially troubling quotes coming out of his Canal+ interview:

Pogba: “Stay at United? You're never sure of anything. Contractually, it's on, yes.” #mufc [Canal FC]
Pogba: “These are times when I wasn’t playing. I was on the bench. Much has been spoken about. People thought it was wrong but a coach and player don’t have to be best friends. One is not forced to go to the restaurant together. I had some problems, it's mental.” [Canal FC]

AgentP

Pogba might be looking to move if the right opportunity arose based on his comments. If Madrid or PSG come for him, his head might be turned. I don't trust Raiola one bit.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Veron Mk 2.

Lots of people desperate to believe something will happen that won’t when it comes to this lad.

Maybe he’ll prove to be world class but I am not convinced it’ll be at United. Love him to prove me wrong.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Pogba might be looking to move if the right opportunity arose based on his comments. If Madrid or PSG come for him, his head might be turned. I don't trust Raiola one bit.
Can't blame him. I'd too if I were as good as him, and playing for this current United. He's a pro, not just a football fan.

AgentP

Can't blame him. I'd too if I were as good as him, and playing for this current United. He's a pro, not just a football fan.
Yeah. We can't expect players to think like us fans. They will always do what's best for them. Even when playing FIFA career mode, I left United for another team because they wouldn't start me all games :lol:

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Yeah. We can't expect players to think like us fans. They will always do what's best for them. Even when playing FIFA career mode, I left United for another team because they wouldn't start me all games :lol:
Exactly, man. I said in other post, that if the like of Madrid/Barca show interest on me (as a pro footballer), United need to double my wage to get me stay.

Ludens the Red

Meh, not particularly bothered either way. Other than De Gea, there's nobody in this current squad who you'd get bothered about making these sort of comments. Who's really going to pay in excess of 100 million and meet his excessive wage demands based on his two years at United? Fecking nobody is the answer.

Kapardin

Meh, not particularly bothered either way. Other than De Gea, there's nobody in this current squad who you'd get bothered about making these sort of comments. Who's really going to pay in excess of 100 million and meet his excessive wage demands based on his two years at United? Fecking nobody is the answer.
Zidane would.

But you are right. Pogba may have world class potential, but the way he's played for us, he's not irreplaceable. 6 goals and 10 assists this season is not uncommon among midfielders, and it will be easy to get a player who doesn't have fancy world class technique but always solidly scores a dozen and assists as many each season.

macheda14

I mean in the same interview he literally said he doesn't want to play for PSG

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
Pretty much. With the fee he'd inevitably command if he were to move at this point, we'd probably get the better end of a deal anyways.

Hope he stays, picks it up, and becomes the talisman for our return to the top. But with the Raiola connection, it's hard to see him staying beyond another season or two, regardless of what happens.

Ludens the Red

Zidane would.

But you are right. Pogba may have world class potential, but the way he's played for us, he's not irreplaceable. 6 goals and 10 assists this season is not uncommon among midfielders, and it will be easy to get a player who doesn't have fancy world class technique but always solidly scores a dozen and assists as many each season.
I think Real are more in need of a CF but yeah replacing him won't be too difficult.

Pretty much. With the fee he'd inevitably command if he were to move at this point, we'd probably get the better end of a deal anyways.

Hope he stays, picks it up, and becomes the talisman for our return to the top. But with the Raiola connection, it's hard to see him staying beyond another season or two, regardless of what happens.
Yeah I'd want him to stay and tear the place down but after the two seasons he'd had here, to go and release those comments, it kinda sums him up and makes me think "you know what, this guy can fecking do one". With the fee he'd command we could not only replace him but sign a decent full back on top of it.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He's very non-committal either way. He'll probably stay but it's pretty clear that he's also open to leaving with the right offer.

JMack1234

I'd want to him stay. He's a fantastic player and obviously something has gone on with Jose. You feel that both sides would be willing to talk if the right offer came through.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
He's a great player, not the finished article yet, but we look better when he plays. I really don't feel that CM is a problem for us (with him and Matic), it's solid, imposing and Pogba provides the drive to play forward which complements Matic well. He's very creative and picks out some excellent forward passes (I don't know what his exact assist stats are, but they must be decent), and is capable of beating a man through the middle. Usually sets up things well for the rest of the forwards. Our issue is that the movement in front of him isn't cohesive enough, that's the area we really need to improve. Definitely hope he stays, don't think there would be many available players who could come in and do what he does better than him.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
He can leave if he's not committed.
Hes a good player but he is not a great player. Yet. He may become a world class player but he needs to do more for United on the pitch

FerociousCorgis

Man a lot of people ready to just ship pogba out. Apparently we can easily bring in someone to carry this midfield and this team. It is definitely pogbas fault we get no support from our flanks, or that the LW and RW both are literally within 5 feet of him/the space he is running into at all times, or that our service apparently is worse than everton's in feeding our striker. Yes pogba can improve, but holy shit is it frustrating to see him become the brunt of the blame for a much larger issue. Plus no guarantee whoever we bring in to replace him wouldnt be trash in the premier league. Wonder if the people who are ready to ship out our best midfielder are the same who make fun of chelsea for swapping matic for bakayoko? Shit this would be ten times worse than that.

Borden

Maybe include a link next time:

http://www.skysports.com/amp/footba...-a-big-future-at-man-utd-says-michael-carrick

Carrick, who will now become a coach at United having retired at the end of the season, was firm on the Frenchman's future at the club after talks of unrest.

He told Sky Sports: "Of course he's got a future, he's a big player for us, he's a great age, he's got his peak years ahead of him.

"It's not even something I'd give a second thought to, to be honest."

Miscemayl

He's left once so wouldn't be surprised he's open to leaving again.

That said, don't think he's even suggesting he'll leave and frankly this summer, we hold all the cards.

Alfie092

What would you guys views on him be if he was to give another 6/10 performance next season?

Sepukku

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
What would you guys views on him be if he was to give another 6/10 performance next season?
Then he can feck off for the same ammount if next season will not up his level. I was in awe when he came, he has everything is needed to be a top player. He is at an age when he must command that midfield line and contribute with goals and assists and this year he's been doing that only at times. I think regardless of the system he's being used in or the manager he must contribute more.

TheReligion

Abusive
Maybe include a link next time:

http://www.skysports.com/amp/footba...-a-big-future-at-man-utd-says-michael-carrick

Carrick, who will now become a coach at United having retired at the end of the season, was firm on the Frenchman's future at the club after talks of unrest.

He told Sky Sports: "Of course he's got a future, he's a big player for us, he's a great age, he's got his peak years ahead of him.

"It's not even something I'd give a second thought to, to be honest."
Why bark when you have a dog? ;)

Alfie092

Then he can feck off for the same ammount if next season will not up his level. I was in awe when he came, he has everything is needed to be a top player. He is at an age when he must command that midfield line and contribute with goals and assists and this year he's been doing that only at times. I think regardless of the system he's being used in or the manager he must contribute more.
My views too! People say "oh if it was under a more attacking manager Pogba would show his world-class potential". Not sure if I do believe that, could be true, but there have been so many occasions where he complicates the basic things. That's not Mourinho! He will be 26 by the end of next season, which is approaching his peak years. His goalscoring can definitely improve, assists wise I think he has been decent. I just want to mainly see him command and boss the midfield on a more consistent basis. On the days he has turned up he has been a beast!

Another 6/10 season? He's been far better than that this season.
Well the average performance rating on the CAF is 6.1, so I disagree he has been "far" better than a 6 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.