Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

NoPace

If we had a proper right winger I think he'd get more goals with the space in the D to shoot from (currently occupied by Mata or Lingard mostly) and also get some crosses to actually reach him.

I don't want Douglas Costa because you just can't sign wingers at his age unless they're complete freaks (29 as next season starts at a position where peak is on average like 25 if I remember the charts correctly), but I feel like if we had him at RW or a player like him, comfortable and productive wide right, Pogba could have his first season where he produces like a prime Lampard.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Since when did having plenty of the ball mean you had a good game?
He was good in the second half. Kept going forward and pushing the team, creating openings (just that one for Rashford was brilliant), threatening from outside and getting on the end of the crosses in the box. He also wasn't wasteful with the ball during that period like he sometimes knows to be. Not sure what more to ask from him.
It is clear he needs some creative help from the teammates though. Just one more player to be more threatening and able to cut the defence open would help. Even Lingard who just played it fast and simple since he came in was a massive improvement. If he was quite poor as you say, I don't know how would you describe the rest of the team or those who should give some help to this team going forward.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He pulled his groin, didn't look good at the time. This is the problem though, Pogba has no alternative in this squad. It's like the situation with Rooney for years, we just didn't play well without him.

OldTrevil

He willed us back from defeat last night, he was the only one creating opennings regularly. His determination and purpose whenever he had the ball was palpable. He could have given a better ball in a couple of situations, but he was very good overall. My man of the match

Sparky Rhiwabon

He pulled his groin, didn't look good at the time. This is the problem though, Pogba has no alternative in this squad. It's like the situation with Rooney for years, we just didn't play well without him.
Yeah, no direct alternative but what team really has an alternative to their best player (OK, apart from City and their bottomless money pit)?

I would like to think that Sanchez could adapt to this role if needed though

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
Easily our best player last night (again... there has honestly been around 12 games this season where he has been out best player IMO), some superb passes that got the likes of Shaw/Young but they were fairly wasteful.

Standard game from him, created a few things but hard for him when he has no passing options into dangerous positions. You could see him start to dawdle on the ball a bit when he had nobody to pass to.

Adam-Utd

That reverse pass to Shaw in the 1st half was amazing. Things like that he pulls off not many can do.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
If he pulled his groin we could be in big trouble. I saw the same footage but was hoping he’d got a kick in the bollox. Surely if he felt his groin go he wouldn’t have played on?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
If he pulled his groin we could be in big trouble. I saw the same footage but was hoping he’d got a kick in the bollox. Surely if he felt his groin go he wouldn’t have played on?
I'd have thought not, with groin injuries it's very difficult to play on and you immediately know something's up. If it is his groin though we really don't have a great replacement, time for Fred to do a Lindelof perhaps?

SATA

Thought he ran the injury off and then took the penalty right after without any problems. He even managed his routine stuttering run up prior to that. Seems fine to me. Hopefully it's not a case of aggravating it. He has put in some serious mileage chasing the game

Adam-Utd

It's difficult to say for sure but he gave all the obvious signs of a groin injury, he did seem to run it off though in the match but perhaps that was adrenaline.

Often injuries show up again after a game, we just have to hope it's only a niggle maybe.

minoo-utd

Need him badly in every game, with his form he is irreplaceable. No news from the club or anything about him having a serious one. So hopefully it is just a check and he can play.

Devil may care

I was hoping he just got a whack on the nob, but if he has pulled his groin then I'm worried about how we'll set up against Leicester, most of our creativity comes through him.

AgentP

I was hoping he just got a whack on the nob, but if he has pulled his groin then I'm worried about how we'll set up against Leicester, most of our creativity comes through him.
Yeah that is what I was hoping too. He seemed fine after a few minutes.

extincti fugax hominum

He's great but has also the potential to be much better than this. If he cuts his "underestimating opponents, fecking around and dwelling on the ball too much at times" thing and plays with a bit more discipline and decisiveness i really believe he can be an all time PL great. He's that good.

Bwuk

If we hadn’t had Jose I’d of backed him for 20+ goals and 20+ assists this season.

He won’t be far off it this season anyway.

Cloud7

Everything went through him in the second half, so you are either a WUM or pulled that one right out of your arse.

Could be both tbf.
This guy has been a blatant WUM in this thread for quite some time now.

Brightonian

If Pogba is out, I'd go with:

Martial Rashford Lukaku
Lingard
Matic Herrera
Shaw Jones Lindelof Young
DDG
Try Lukaku as a wide forward again, particularly in order to keep Leicester's dangerous left side busy - Albrighton won't want to leave Chilwell on his own against the pace and strength of Lukaku too much, so it should stop him getting forward too freely. Meanwhile Martial and Rashford are likely to do most of our attacking for us down the other flank anyway.

SATA

Not good. Hope he's able to train abit on Saturday and be ready for Sunday. He's a fit lad so i hope he can make it. It's going to be tough without him

Holocene

His assist was brilliant. That run at the end was ridiculous, players just bounce off him. Special player.

marktan

Genuinely think he's the most all-round talented attacking player we've had since Cristiano.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Great pass but was very sloppy otherwise I thought, important run at the end to buy us some breathing time

Djemba-Djemba

He suffered from sloppy moments like everyone but he's so good you still get moments of incredible quality.

The pass to Rashford for the goal and that burst through the pitch in injury time.

Outstanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.