Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Brilliant/arguably best player in the league for 14 games or so, then quiet last 5 (and as a result the whole team has dipped hugely). Sell him though, right?

jem

If he leaves, what star player would want to come here?
For God's sakes man, we're Manchester United, not Leicester. Plenty of star players would come here, especially given the wages we can pay and the team's history.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
For God's sakes man, we're Manchester United, not Leicester. Plenty of star players would come here, especially given the wages we can pay and the team's history.
We got di Maria and he left. I cant think of a big name that has signed besides him and pogba since RVP.

jem

I hope Ole does realize that licking Pogba's ass all the way around will come back to bite him. Pogba is not the guy that you put your hopes on and not someone on who you can build a team around. He clearly flirts with Madrid and what does Ole do? Yeah lick his ass some more.
Jesus man, don't you think you should afford Ole a little more respect?

jem

We got di Maria and he left. I cant think of a big name that has signed besides him and pogba since RVP.
Zlaten, Lukaku, Mhkitaryen, Matic (just because the last 3 haven't really worked out, doesn't mean they weren't big names, unless you're referring to established, Real/Barca level players - other than RVP and Pogba, I can't think of too many we've signed who would be placed in that bracket.)

jem

I actually don't think big name/Di Maria-style signings are the way to go. Someone like Sancho should be the goal, and you can't tell me he'd snub the chance to play for United.

RedDevilCanuck

Zlaten, Lukaku, Mhkitaryen, Matic (just because the last 3 haven't really worked out, doesn't mean they weren't big names, unless you're referring to established, Real/Barca level players - other than RVP and Pogba, I can't think of too many we've signed who would be placed in that bracket.)
Your list is the main reason why we are currently in such a shit state.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite clearly we were still able to attract them though. Which was the point you were making, that we aren't/weren't able to.
So I should have said we cant attract star players in their prime.

bucky

So I should have said we cant attract star players in their prime.
Remains to be seen. Whether that's the way forward is also questionable. Name recognition isn't that important. Pogba leaving isn't going to stop us from signing good players. We should be looking and probably are looking to keep him though.

jem

Liverpool lost Luis Suarez, a player in his prime who had done far more for them than Pogba has done for us, and 3 years later they were fielding the likes of Salah, Firmino, Mane, Van Dijk, and Robertson, any of whom I'd gladly welcome into our team.

jem

I just don't get the fatalism: we lost Veron, Berbatov, Tevez, and Di Maria, big names all, yet none of those loses proved to be some kind of death-knell to United's aspirations to sign good players. Why would it be any different with Pogba?

bucky

Liverpool lost Luis Suarez, a player in his prime who had done far more for them than Pogba has done for us, and 3 years later they were fielding the likes of Salah, Firmino, Mane, Van Dijk, and Robertson, any of whom I'd gladly welcome into our team.
They weren't big names when they signed them either.

I just don't get the fatalism: we lost Veron, Berbatov, Tevez, and Di Maria, big names all, yet none of those loses proved to be some kind of death-knell to United's aspirations to sign good players. Why would it be any different with Pogba?
To be fair, when we lost Bechkam, Veron, van Nistelrooy, Berbatov and Tevez we were in a much better position. We need to keep Pogba at least for another season, so in case he does eventually leave, it wouldn't be as big of a loss as it would be this summer.

el3mel

If we are a real football club and having a headache with no solution like Pogba we should just sell him for 150m and spend to enforce the weak areas of the squad.

Liverpool selling Coutinho for 140m to reinforce the squad was a magnificent move and look at Coutinho now at Barca. He has been failing miserably there. They didn't lose anything with selling him.

Pogba will never be your consistent man who leads the team. He's just a part of an already well driller machine. Problem is no English club par City will have enough funds to build him an 11 world class squad to cover for his arse.

We will be better to go with more consistent players who play week in week out. Every aspect of logic says that.

Lemur

Why is Pogba's thread or all of his threads going haywire when all of these strangers to reality keep reminding us he is not the best mid or he isn't this and that.

I am no expert but from my calculations we started with 11 players against wolves, why concentrate on him??

Other than Pogba having to learn to hold off niggling players like Neves and Marquinhos while finding space like Scholes there is no problem with him at all.

He should hold his head high and keep his consistency because there is no midfielder currently playing or in recent history who has ever shown a top level like Paul Pogba has, none.

Shaka Hislop says it better below :
www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuXN-uysW48

Last edited:

NK86

You will be mad to think some fans on these boards don't have a intense hatred of PP. There's a good group of about 5 or 6 who seems to take extra satisfaction in winding up anyone who dares to give an benefit of doubt to PP. They also tend to go around many of the other threads making their sarcastic comments. Some of the vitriol and venom aimed in his direction exceeds a lot of other players and it's not just because of football. I just responded to a poster taking aim with his religion.
Tbh I don't intend to stir up trouble and don't see anything wrong with critism but people going over the line deserve warnings and bans.
Every player cannot be liked by all. There will be favorites and similarly some people will just not like a player's style. I don't think it has anything to do with Jose. Most people on here don't care about Jose at all. I was glad he got sacked but that doesn't mean that Pogba is absolutely guilt free in this. He always has these performances where he seems completely disinterested in what's happening in the game, which should never be the case with a player with his talent.

Someone like Lingard is usually slaughtered on here because he lacks talent and is invisible in a lot of games. However with Pogba it is because although he has all the talent in the worlf, he just cannot turn up sometimes because of his mentality.

Now before anyone brings up France, with his country he can be dropped and it's not like he can switch countries. With a club he can always sulk and push for a move which will put the club in a difficult position as he is on huge wages. So obviously he cannot just decide when to not play when he donning the French jersey.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
You will be mad to think some fans on these boards don't have a intense hatred of PP. There's a good group of about 5 or 6 who seems to take extra satisfaction in winding up anyone who dares to give an benefit of doubt to PP. They also tend to go around many of the other threads making their sarcastic comments. Some of the vitriol and venom aimed in his direction exceeds a lot of other players and it's not just because of football. I just responded to a poster taking aim with his religion.
Tbh I don't intend to stir up trouble and don't see anything wrong with critism but people going over the line deserve warnings and bans.
It's obvious who those 5-6 posters are.

Stacks

The more time goes the more I feel bad for Jose and that he had to deal with him, it’s become obvious Pogba was a problem. I couldn’t careless if he’s sold.
Disagree. He is just on bad form and people who say he is disinterested are WRONG. He is trying and maybe trying too much due to pressure. He definitely wants to make an impact but gets overwhelmed and a bit flustered which negatively impacts his performances

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
Brilliant/arguably best player in the league for 14 games or so, then quiet last 5 (and as a result the whole team has dipped hugely). Sell him though, right?
Best player in the league? If that's the case, how would you describe the current performances this season, of the following players?

Van Dijk
Aubameyang
Sterling
Eriksen
Son
Hazard
Salah
Mane
Aguero
Robertson
Silva

Literally, not interested in hearing how they play with better players or how he has better ability or how they have better managers or how they don't have the crushing responsibility of driving a Rolls Royce... It's your belief he has been the best player in the league so, by comparison, how would you describe those players and their seasons?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Thing is the other players don't have "Jesse Lingard is the best midfielder in the world" threads but rather "Why did we buy Fred". Lukaku is fairly criticized and so is Shaw. De Gea is clearly getting a fair amount of criticism especially in light of his absurd wage demands and recent performances.

But none of them (De Gea aside) can claim to be a world class player like Paul, so the criticism is calibrated by the built-in expectations...

PS and feck Jose, I couldn't stand the cnut you can do a thorough search of my post history if you think otherwise.
If he plays badly I have zero problem with people calling that out, but honestly he wasn't THAT bad. He's played much worse in other matches.

I just feel that people can't help but make it personal. Certain sections of the fanbase have alienated him as the enemy which is ridiculous.

Canagel

Best player in the league? If that's the case, how would you describe the current performances this season, of the following players?

Van Dijk
Aubameyang
Sterling
Eriksen
Son
Hazard
Salah
Mane
Aguero
Robertson
Silva

Literally, not interested in hearing how they play with better players or how he has better ability or how they have better managers or how they don't have the crushing responsibility of driving a Rolls Royce... It's your belief he has been the best player in the league so, by comparison, how would you describe those players and their seasons?
In his position he's the best.
Whoscored top 10 rated players:
1) Hazard
2) Sterling
3) Aguero
4) Salah
5) VVD
6) Mane
7) Pogba
8) Kane
9) Sane
10) Fernandinho

Their team of the season is Pogba, Fernandinho midfield.

bosnian_red

Van Dijk
Aubameyang
Sterling
Eriksen
Son
Hazard
Salah
Mane
Aguero
Robertson
Silva

Since December hes been top 3 hence why I said for the first 15 games or whatever he was arguably the best in the league. I dont think he is the best in the league, just that his form was as good as anyone.
Anyway, you listed way too many players. Pogbas been better than at least half of those.

Owen06

I think the issue he's having now is his insistent on playing like a number 10.i don't think he's a 10 at all.the game goes by him a lot,he doesn't position very well during build up,and he's easily marked out there.
I still think his best season for us was his first season when he playing deep next to herera chasing loose balls and releasing through balls to overlapping fullbacks,feeding zlatan and the rest attackers like he was doing at the wordcup.
He's really talented which sometimes gets into his head.he plays as a number 6 for France he has to do so for man united because its his best and playing different positions can hinder his consistency.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
Since December hes been top 3 hence why I said for the first 15 games or whatever he was arguably the best in the league. I dont think he is the best in the league, just that his form was as good as anyone.
Anyway, you listed way too many players. Pogbas been better than at least half of those.
I don't think so if I'm honest. Not from what he has shown so far

bosnian_red

I don't think so if I'm honest. Not from what he has shown so far
You dont think hes been top 3 was since December or better then half of those? It's not even debatable tbf. 8 goals and 6 assists for a central midfielder in 15 games, 3 below par league games doesnt undo the 12 brilliant ones he had.

GM K

Disagree. He is just on bad form and people who say he is disinterested are WRONG. He is trying and maybe trying too much due to pressure. He definitely wants to make an impact but gets overwhelmed and a bit flustered which negatively impacts his performances
The irony is that Jose actually made this case for Pogba for a long time. He even went as far as attacking Paul Scholes to defend Pogba. People forgot that too quickly as soon as Jose publicly said Pogba needed to replicate his World Cup attitude at United and their relationship went south.

I am not sure I have seen a player like Pogba whose reasons for not actualizing his potential at a club has been so analyzed, debated or defended.

Stacks

The irony is that Jose actually made this case for Pogba for a long time. He even went as far as attacking Paul Scholes to defend Pogba. People forgot that too quickly as soon as Jose publicly said Pogba needed to replicate his World Cup attitude at United and their relationship went south.

I am not sure I have seen a player like Pogba whose reasons for not actualizing his potential at a club has been so analyzed, debated or defended.
Ozil probably. pretty much the same. Won league titles at Real, played in CL semi's and was expected to be Bergkamp and take Arsenal to the next level but could not replicate it week in week out or in big games, despite fantastic numbers at Real (most assists in European leagues), solid numbers at Arsenal but was called "mentally weak". Funny enough Ozil also won a world cup and played a blinder. I think he created the most chances in the world cup or most assists or something......

Last edited:

GM K

Ozil probably. pretty much the same. Won league titles at Real, played in CL semi's and was expected to be Bergkamp and take Arsenal to the next level but could not replicate it week in week out or in big games, despite fantastic numbers at Real (most assists in European leagues), solid numbers at Arsenal but was called "mentally weak". Funny enough Ozil also one a world cup and played a blinder. I think he created the most chances in the world cup or most assists or something......
Yeah, Ozil.

Really strange phenomenon.

Zorica

I think we have to take note that Ozil has never performed against any big clubs in an Arsenal shirt. He is consistently weak against big clubs.

But we have Pogba who has done well and scored goals against Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal etc. Though Pogba is inconsistent against big clubs, at least he did not totally disappear in all big games like Ozil.

Janson

Pogba is supposed to be that better player.
Why? It's not like Kante is. Pogba's form is down to Pogba. Yes, some more movement would be great but it can get annoying when he doesn't do the basics.
I'm not excusing him of anything. In fact I'm very sceptical if he is ever gonna become consistent. I just don't believe Herrera helps him as much as people think. I would like to see him next to someone that can link up better and share the responsibility with him on offense.

el3mel

I think we have to take note that Ozil has never performed against any big clubs in an Arsenal shirt. He is consistently weak against big clubs.

But we have Pogba who has done well and scored goals against Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal etc. Though Pogba is inconsistent against big clubs, at least he did not totally disappear in all big games like Ozil.
Well that's not true actually if we're going by numbers only, he did played some good big games (ignore what they're saying else though :D) :

jem

They weren't big names when they signed them either.

To be fair, when we lost Bechkam, Veron, van Nistelrooy, Berbatov and Tevez we were in a much better position. We need to keep Pogba at least for another season, so in case he does eventually leave, it wouldn't be as big of a loss as it would be this summer.
Yeah I certainly don't want to lose Pogba either. I just don't see it being the end of our being able to sign quality players in the future.

jem

I have nothing but respect for Ole, but I'm pissed that he's too nice to a guy who sooner or later will turn on him. I maybe use strong language though.
Fair enough - I'm hoping we'll soon discover a previously unseen side to Ole.

Zorica

Well that's not true actually if we're going by numbers only, he did played some good big games (ignore what they're saying else though :D) :
That stats, I believe, was over many games. Like maybe 8 games against Spurs, 8 games against United etc.

If you go and count the actual average stats for Ozil in big games, it would still be pretty bad.

And let's not forget, Arsenal lost 3-6 to Man City in the match. Ozil was totally missing in defence. Ozil did not bother to wrestle and fight for the ball because Ozil is small. Ozil's weak point is his defensive attributes is extremely bad. At least we know that for Pogba, he will fight for the ball.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stacks

Yeah, Ozil.

Really strange phenomenon.
I don't find it strange. Its a sign of the modern day football player. They are superstars with less consistency or mentality than their predecessors. Coutinho is the current Brazilian superstar midfielder but he is far away from Kaka or Ronaldinho in terms of consistency and is being lambasted at Barca while in his prime.

Status
Not open for further replies.