6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mainoldo

News seem to change every other month with him. You seem confident in trusting and believing in these news, so let me ask you this, if there is a lot of conflicting noise coming out of that camp until the summer, and yet he still ends up leaving United that summer. Would you still be happy with him after you going through all that?
Not really bothered would like him to stay but if he goes so be it. I love United players when they are here, Beckham hurt me the most. But I’m a big a$$ grown man now. I don’t care that much.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Not really bothered would like him to stay but if he goes so be it. I love United players when they are here Beckham hurt me the most. But I’m a big a$$ grown man now. I don’t care that much.
That's good! I guess I might be suspicious of nature and my feelings towards Pogba at the moment is rather negative as I do have a low tolerance for feckery. But, You know what you might be right, Pogba might get rid of his agent and stay here for the rest of his career. While I don't see that as very likely it's still a possibility we should welcome if that happens. We're starting to gather some real quality in this team, we shouldn't get rid of talent unless it serves a specific purpose and we're reinvesting in someone else.

RedTiger

Half mast
That's good! I guess I might be suspicious of nature and my feelings towards Pogba at the moment is rather negative as I do have a low tolerance for feckery. But, You know what you might be right, Pogba might get rid of his agent and stay here for the rest of his career. While I don't see that as very likely it's still a possibility we should welcome if that happens. We're starting to gather some real quality in this team, we shouldn't get rid of talent unless it serves a specific purpose and we're reinvesting in someone else.
Even if he keeps his agent I still think he'd stay for a few more years. Dont forget that Nedved was represented by Raiola and still stayed at Juventus when they went down.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Even if he keeps his agent I still think he'd stay for a few more years. Dont forget that Nedved was represented by Raiola and still stayed at Juventus when they went down.
But did Raiola repeatedly try to move Nedved on while he was playing for Juventus?

Redo91

Pogba - 31 goals and 31 assists in 4 seasons.
Rashford - 56 goals and 29 assists in 4 seasons.

I'm still working on stats for dawdling on the ball and losing possession but I suspect Pogba might have Rashford beat there.
You can hardly count this season to be fair. In reality he’s averaging around 10 goals and 10 assists a season over three seasons which are good numbers.

TsuWave

Imagine being so obsessed with scoring points on the internet that you fail to understand that a point was made in direct response to a specific claim, even after it's been spelled out twice.

Then imagine lacking the integrity needed to understand that an evil rag like the Sun shouldn't be getting clicks from a decent forum like the Caf.

Finally, try to imagine the lack of common sense needed to think a player who lost the ball 602 times last season, deserves praise because he retrieved it 27 times. I'd be embarrassed to leave the house to be honest.
Do people not contextualise and evaluate circumstances when talking football anymore? You speak of lacking integrity, yet you disingenuously act as if Paul Pogba is meant to be scoring more than the forwards at Manchester United.

Obsessed with scoring points? I’m not the one ridiculously responding to erroneous claims on the internet. You went and looked up how many times Pogba lost the ball last season, him being the creative midfield outlet, then acted like he had only won it 27 times, despite that stat being posted on September 12th for this season, but I guess being dishonest and shameless just comes naturally.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Imagine being so obsessed with scoring points on the internet that you fail to understand that a point was made in direct response to a specific claim, even after it's been spelled out twice.

Then imagine lacking the integrity needed to understand that an evil rag like the Sun shouldn't be getting clicks from a decent forum like the Caf.

Finally, try to imagine the lack of common sense needed to think a player who lost the ball 602 times last season, deserves praise because he retrieved it 27 times. I'd be embarrassed to leave the house to be honest.

Possession lost is a dumb stat(without context) shocker.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
These replies :

also ;

Personally i think it is a good thing when a very talented and really good player is contracted by Manchester United and playing games for the Manchester United... You prefer those good and talented players to play for another club while not so talented and not very good players like Lingard or Pereira are contracted and playing for Manchester United?
Most talented player? Only on paper he is. We rarely ever see it on the pitch and his fan boys continue to touch themselves to his Instagram posts.

We've come 6th twice with him playing all season. His talent isn't matched by any kind of effort and desire so it's all a waste of time.

Move his ego circus on. Its Bruno time now.

diarm

Do people not contextualise and evaluate circumstances when talking football anymore? You speak of lacking integrity, yet you disingenuously act as if Paul Pogba is meant to be scoring more than the forwards at Manchester United.

Obsessed with scoring points? I’m not the one ridiculously responding to erroneous claims on the internet. You went and looked up how many times Pogba lost the ball last season, him being the creative midfield outlet, then acted like he had only won it 27 times, despite that stat being posted on September 12th for this season, but I guess being dishonest and shameless just comes naturally.
That stat was plastered all over several of your favourite newspapers yesterday. I just managed to see it and share it without trying to generate click revenue for the Sun.

I didn't realise that it was only a snapshot of the first couple of weeks of the season that you were using as a basis for your argument as to Pogbas incredible work rate and tenacity. My mistake.

A quick glimpse at the story on a more respectable website tells me that he lost the ball 90 times in those same first few games. Still a comfortable net loss.

crossy1686

career ending
With us being on the cusp of a CL spot and getting CL football means Pogba gets his pay bump back, I can see him pulling up trees when he gets back, just in case we refuse to sell in the summer.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
The best players always top possession lost charts
I think the fixation of lost possession by Pogba is particularly odd, as he is easily the best we have in possession! I haven’t been counting (because, why the feck would I?!), but Bruno Fernandes has lost the ball loads since he’s been here. He’s also created a few chances and scored a few penalties, but like Paul Pogba. If Fernandes, or subsequently, Grealish, were to play at the same level as Pogba for the next 3 years, I am confident they will be labelled huge successes here.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Pogba looks like an ok player in those highlights.

Other thing that stands out is how trash Lingard is.
To be fair to Jesse, he’s far from the worst culprit in the video. The first half is almost exclusively sitter after sitter missed by Mata, and the latter part is almost all Zlatan.

romufc

The best players always top possession lost charts
Yes, agreed with that but that includes crossing and through balls.

Pogba is one of them where he will lose the possession trying things, which I don't think fans would mind.

What frustrates fans is when he loses possession in the centre of the pitch and there is 2 players behind him. He gets dispossessed in dangerous areas leading to counter attacks.

People like Lingard, Perreira are always getting criticised for this.

Righteous Steps

I think the fixation of lost possession by Pogba is particularly odd, as he is easily the best we have in possession! I haven’t been counting (because, why the feck would I?!), but Bruno Fernandes has lost the ball loads since he’s been here. He’s also created a few chances and scored a few penalties, but like Paul Pogba. If Fernandes, or subsequently, Grealish, were to play at the same level as Pogba for the next 3 years, I am confident they will be labelled huge successes here.
It’s not odd, it’s been like that ever since the great Barca teams, midfielders aren’t allowed to lose the ball even when being creative, stupid thing if you ask me, but when you’ve grown up watching Pogba and Keane I guess it’s fair to yearn for that type of consistency in passing from other midfield players.

The flip side is neither were creative as aDe Bruyne or Pogba at their best so it’s a sacrifice you have to accept when dealing with these type of players.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
It’s not odd, it’s been like that ever since the great Barca teams, midfielders aren’t allowed to lose the ball even when being creative, stupid thing if you ask me, but when you’ve grown up watching Pogba and Keane I guess it’s fair to yearn for that type of consistency in passing from other midfield players.

The flip side is neither were creative as aDe Bruyne or Pogba at their best so it’s a sacrifice you have to accept when dealing with these type of players.
I mean, I find it odd that Pogba in particular is painted as a midfielder who struggles to hold on to the ball. Like, if you want to question him, his ability on the ball surely isn’t where you start. Ability off the ball would surely be far more valid. Like, other midfielders who give the ball away more frequently seem to not receive this same scrutiny in that area. With Pogba, I keep reading how he gives the ball away too frequently. He’s the most assured in possession. Of course, if you want to count the times he gives the ball away every game, then of course, there will be a number. Especially when he has it the most, given his teammates often lack ideas other than to pass it to him and stand still hoping he just ‘does something’. Thankfully, the team looks a lot more developed than that now, and with Bruno, the creative load will be shared in the midfield.

Okey

Sigh... Just hurry up and come back to the pitch Monsieur Pogba, so we can judge you by the most important metric there is. Most of the other stuff is subjective. I'd love what happens in the summer to be decided by what happens on the pitch. Not by antics driven by a man SAF called a snake (or what was it?) even before Pogba was old enough to speak for himself...

Kostov

Yesterday I saw a tweet mentioning his and Andre Gomes recovery from injury. It's really astounding how Andre managed to get back so soon after such a horrible brake and you have Pogba missing the whole season through not so bad injuries.

Hellboy

Yesterday I saw a tweet mentioning his and Andre Gomes recovery from injury. It's really astounding how Andre managed to get back so soon after such a horrible brake and you have Pogba missing the whole season through not so bad injuries.
Such a stupid comment .. Bodies react to injuries differently.

Okey

Been hearing this mentioned a fair bit. Just a tad ill informed. A clean fracture (which thankfully is what Gomes had) is one the easiest things to recover from. The harmless looking but difficult to diagnose illnesses/injuries are the worst nightmare of a doctor or sportsman respectively. That little floating bone in Pogba's can miss him a whole season while another player has 2 fractures and returns from both. Want an example? Ilkay Gundogan. Problem never really diagnosed. Missing for ages, only for the problem to disappear as mysteriously as it came. Surely Gundogan didn't have an agenda too?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Pogba has had two separate spells out, he came back from injury in December for the first time. Also, if it is the same injury, then if he had had the surgery initially, it would have likely been resolved far sooner. His reaction to playing in December is what prompted the surgery, which in itself was 3 months after his initial injury. Players do not usually get surgery 3 months after injury.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
So likely back for Sheffield Utd at home on March 22nd? Probably sub the Thursday before for the return leg against Lask?

Dve

Pogba has had two separate spells out, he came back from injury in December for the first time. Also, if it is the same injury, then if he had had the surgery initially, it would have likely been resolved far sooner. His reaction to playing in December is what prompted the surgery, which in itself was 3 months after his initial injury. Players do not usually get surgery 3 months after injury.
Ole said it was two different injuries. If he was telling the truth.

Okey

So likely back for Sheffield Utd at home on March 22nd? Probably sub the Thursday before for the return leg against Lask?
If we beat Derby, it'll be the FA Cup quarter final that weekend. The Sheffield game will have to be postponed.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
If we beat Derby, it'll be the FA Cup quarter final that weekend. The Sheffield game will have to be postponed.
Will likely be a big game then, so hopefully hes good to go. Probable quarter finals teams are: Arsenal, Chelsea, Sheffield Utd, Newcastle, Man City, Leicester, Spurs, Man United.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
Sheff Utd are already qualified in the FA Cup so our game against them is postponed

SplitzMagic

God, can you imagine if Pogba starts against City and then goes off at half-time with a 'recurring issue' never to be seen again! I doubt that Raiola thing is true to be honest. What shocks me more is that he's only played 99 times for us since we paid £90m for him, what, four years ago? Pretty poor that. Ah well, as far as I'm concerned it won't be our problem anymore come the summer.
Just under a million a game that, plus his 15m salary each year and loyalty bonuses.

The club is bleeding money... Bonkers!

Bestietom

I don't think anything will change in Pogba's situation. He want's out, and will go this summer. Nothing will change his mind now, even if we get into Champions League.

Icemav

Yes, agreed with that but that includes crossing and through balls.

Pogba is one of them where he will lose the possession trying things, which I don't think fans would mind.

What frustrates fans is when he loses possession in the centre of the pitch and there is 2 players behind him. He gets dispossessed in dangerous areas leading to counter attacks.

People like Lingard, Perreira are always getting criticised for this.
I forget which game but he lost possession in our half 3 times in 20 seconds. I couldnt believe it. He is a special player and only a special player could do that and not be subbed immediately.

romufc

I forget which game but he lost possession in our half 3 times in 20 seconds. I couldnt believe it. He is a special player and only a special player could do that and not be subbed immediately.
It has happened in more than one game. This season, I recall the Palace game where he lost the ball and we got counter attacked and lost the game?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I don't think anything will change in Pogba's situation. He want's out, and will go this summer. Nothing will change his mind now, even if we get into Champions League.
You sound very well informed.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It has happened in more than one game. This season, I recall the Palace game where he lost the ball and we got counter attacked and lost the game?
Oh no! a player got tackled I shudder at the thought :eek: he lost the ball in their half ffs.(due to a good tackle while he was going forward) thank god we had a solid defense behind him to mop it up like other teams... oh wait we didn't.

Icemav

I forget which poster said that Martial only cares about his one special moment, and doesnt care much about murdering the basics. You could say something similar about Pogba though to a lesser extent.

But its a fair point. Games are sometimes settled by special moments however consistency comes from controlling games. Someone like Keane would mostly control games, and Scholes could control games and deliver special moments. You can build a club around these players.

Martial and Pogba can deliver special moments (Pogba hits passes even Scholesy would be jealous of) but can also seriously hamper the teams ability to control games.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.