6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kappa123

Can't wait for this guy to leave so I never have to hear about him or watch him "play" again. He's not even that good; he was infinitely better at Juventus than he ever showed here. Even for France he was much better.

Virgil

If he returns and commits himself to the team and club then I would welcome him back. Problem is I reckon he is not as passionate regarding Utd as we would like him to be. Sadly, for most players in today’s society, club loyalty is a ‘bygones’ concept.

Marcelinho87

Can't wait for this guy to leave so I never have to hear about him or watch him "play" again. He's not even that good; he was infinitely better at Juventus than he ever showed here. Even for France he was much better.
Because he was surrounded by infinitely better players.

Nobody comes close to the output he has in a United shirt in his time here.

Kappa123

Early days yet but Bruno seems to be doing just fine on his own. In fact, he's already shown more passion for United than Pogba has in his decade of being an on-again off-again United player.

Pogba has disrepected the club and the fans, put in awful performances and got his agent making a mockery of the whole situation. Can't believe people would rather support this than support United.

laughtersassassin

Early days yet but Bruno seems to be doing just fine on his own. In fact, he's already shown more passion for United than Pogba has in his decade of being an on-again off-again United player.

Pogba has disrepected the club and the fans, put in awful performances and got his agent making a mockery of the whole situation. Can't believe people would rather support this than support United.
Always good for a laugh this thread.

RedDevil@84

Mostly because his competition was almost non-existent during his last few years. In the world of blind and all that.

I would give him one more shot at this. Play along with Bruno and see if he still has the urge to prove himself here. Overall, I don't get the feeling he enjoys it here anymore. But you never know. Only footballers can speak about their priorities.

diarm

Pogba - 31 goals and 31 assists in 4 seasons.
Rashford - 56 goals and 29 assists in 4 seasons.

I'm still working on stats for dawdling on the ball and losing possession but I suspect Pogba might have Rashford beat there.

diarm

I'm still working on stats for dawdling on the ball and losing possession but I suspect Pogba might have Rashford beat there.
Martial - 46 goals and 25 assists in 4 seasons.

The two boys have a goal or an assist every 134/135 minutes. Pogba has a goal or assist every 191 minutes.

Seano_thegr81

Rashford is a striker. Pogba is a DM. Not really a fair comparison.

TsuWave

People in this thread responding to specific claim about output in a United shirt.

Other people shamelessly posting links to the Sun.
is Pogba meant to be bagging more goals than the forward line at Manchester United? Paul fecking Labile Pogba :drool:

Imagine being so shameless to the point of attempting to dismiss factual stats by attacking the source. In 2020. As if things aren’t googable.

RedTiger

Half mast
He has played 4 years at Juve and 4 years with us, his stats for us including this years injury ravaged season is still better than his stats at Juve.

peridigm

Watch Pogba come roaring back from the sidelines and sign a new contract after United get Champions League and he gets his *normal pay back.
He's off in the summer if a club comes in with a reasonable offer.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
You never ACTUALLY watched him at Juve did you :lol: statistically his best season was last year in terms of goals and assists. ouch.

Amazing how upset some people get over a loud mouth agent.

Yagami

Good post resistant
You never ACTUALLY watched him at Juve did you :lol: statistically his best season was last year in terms of goals and assists. ouch.

Amazing how upset some people get over a loud mouth agent.
I mean, you're quoting a guy who said Rashford is nothing more than a speed merchant who'd struggle to get into a bottom club team, and said Bruno's already better than Scholes and that Scholes would also struggle to get into a top team in this day and age, sooooo...

He's a what???? How is he a DM? He can't tackle and rarely tracks back.

Has definition of DM changed?
He's not one, no, but at the start of the season - before his injury - he was making as many interceptions and tackles as McTominay. Sometimes making more.

tjb

He has played 4 years at Juve and 4 years with us, his stats for us including this years injury ravaged season is still better than his stats at Juve.
That shows how overrated he was at Juve. His association with United was the main reason for the hype in the first place.

tjb

I mean, you're quoting a guy who said Rashford is nothing more than a speed merchant who'd struggle to get into a bottom club team, and said Bruno's already better than Scholes and that Scholes would also struggle to get into a top team in this day and age, sooooo...

He's not one, no, but at the start of the season - before his injury - he was making as many interceptions and tackles as McTominay. Sometimes making more.
He played 3 games. That in itself is a problem. He may be injury prone.

Canagel

People in this thread shamelessly comparing a forwards goal output to a midfielders.

Meanwhile, along with his goals and assists contribution Pogba also does this:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/foot...-ball-winner-europe-paul-scholes-man-utd/amp/
only CM in world football compared to strikers. infact players from every position are compared to him like he is the benchmark for them while nobody dares compares players of his postion to strikers, forwards and DM's..
it shows how complete and unique he is.

ultimately it's also his biggest downfall, simply too gifted

diarm

is Pogba meant to be bagging more goals than the forward line at Manchester United? Paul fecking Labile Pogba :drool:

Imagine being so shameless to the point of attempting to dismiss factual stats by attacking the source. In 2020. As if things aren’t googable.
Imagine being so obsessed with scoring points on the internet that you fail to understand that a point was made in direct response to a specific claim, even after it's been spelled out twice.

Then imagine lacking the integrity needed to understand that an evil rag like the Sun shouldn't be getting clicks from a decent forum like the Caf.

Finally, try to imagine the lack of common sense needed to think a player who lost the ball 602 times last season, deserves praise because he retrieved it 27 times. I'd be embarrassed to leave the house to be honest.

diarm

Rashford is a striker. Pogba is a DM. Not really a fair comparison.
Sigh. If people are going to say that nobody in a United shirt can match his output, they're going to be pulled up on it.

If I said Ryan Giggs saved more penalties than anyone at United during his time here, and you rightly said that Schmeichel, Van der Sar and De Gea all saved more, I wouldn't win the argument by saying "yeah but they're all keepers so it's not a fair comparison".

Also, if Pogba is a DM it's safe to say he's the worst one on Earth.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
only CM in world football compared to strikers. infact players from every position are compared to him like he is the benchmark for them while nobody dares compares players of his postion to strikers, forwards and DM's..
it shows how complete and unique he is.

ultimately it's also his biggest downfall, simply too gifted
And the mad part is his stats are actually near comparable! 191 minutes per goal for a central midfielder is seriously impressive numbers.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Because he’s the most talented player we have, and if he’s willing and wanting to sign a new contract, why wouldn’t you want that?
Why would he want to sign a contract, I thought he had ambition and deserved to play with other inferior players compared to him at another club like Real. If he is willing to sign a contract despite him clearly not wanting to do that at this point in his career, I'd question what we'd get in return. I think we can do better, especially with the baggage attached to him.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Because he’s the most talented player we have, and if he’s willing and wanting to sign a new contract, why wouldn’t you want that?
Yeh. If he signs a new contract to spend his best years here, it means he's fully committed to the Club. It would be crazy not wanting that.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

This ‘give the ball away’ thing has really grown legs to a massive degree. This is the most exaggerated thing on here. Pogba loses possession less than all of our other midfielders I would imagine. What is a shame is that, as soon as he is back, there will be some sort of ‘Pog-giveaway-ometer’ from the first game, as if Bruno for example doesn’t cede possession multiple times a game. It’s been there for a while, loud groans or 2 minute analysis by commentators/pundits when he loses possession. Are we implying he isn’t good on the ball or doesn’t know how to pass it or something? The rate that he loses possession is not a concern at all, at least in comparison with other midfielders. And I’m talking about the good midfielders. I don’t have numbers , but any suggestion that Pogba is not amongst the midfielders who are ‘good in possession’ is surely ridiculous.

He’s becoming a worse and worse player on here every day. Perhaps because he hasn’t played for so long some have forgotten he’s actually pretty good. The same was happening before his last comeback, and it took about 20 minutes to shut them up then it was ‘he’s so much better than his teammates’. Then slowly and slowly, without a ball being kicked, he’s been retreating back into some geezer who can’t pass a football or something.

Mainoldo

News is he might sign a new deal. The reaction on here alone will make it all worth while. Imagine having to witness Paul Pogba being our best player for a few more seasons. Some might end up switching to Rugby claiming their club has been hit with a virus.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
News is he might sign a new deal. The reaction on here alone will make it all worth while. Imagine having to witness Paul Pogba being our best player for a few more seasons. Some might end up switching to Rugby claiming their club has been hit with a virus.
News seem to change every other month with him. You seem confident in trusting and believing in these news, so let me ask you this, if there is a lot of conflicting noise coming out of that camp until the summer, and yet he still ends up leaving United that summer. Would you still be happy with him after you going through all that?

Stadjer

Nah, they will just stay around and come out to claim that 'the toxic cnut should never have gotten a new deal' the moment he has a bad game or even a bad moment during an otherwise okay game.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
All I hope for with Pogba is that he's the catalyst for an end of season push to finishing top 4 and winning the EL or FA Cup

After that if we can get good money for him let him leave

Stadjer

Why would you want that?
These replies :
Are you asking a poster why he would he hope our best player signs an extension?
also ;

Personally i think it is a good thing when a very talented and really good player is contracted by Manchester United and playing games for the Manchester United... You prefer those good and talented players to play for another club while not so talented and not very good players like Lingard or Pereira are contracted and playing for Manchester United?

Status
Not open for further replies.