6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammondo

When the pressure is on, Pogba is nowhere to be seen. Martial and Rashord were fantastic but this guy is just a luxury player when things are going well it seems.
Hes never been good under pressure, he needs space. We need a midfielder with him that can make that space.

3KDré

When the pressure is on, Pogba is nowhere to be seen. Martial and Rashord were fantastic but this guy is just a luxury player when things are going well it seems.
Do you not remember the League Cup final under Mourinho? One of our best players that day. Do you not remember the Europa League final where he was also one of our best players and scored? In fact he was one of the best players in the pitch in a World Cup final too what are you talking about?

RedIan

Poor game, looked half a sleep. Caught in possession twice, the first time cost us a Goal.. maybe needs a day off.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Old Pogba is back. Sloppines wasn't punished against Villa, didn't learn, and now it costs us.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
As average as Paul was today taking him off possibly cost us the game. The fact is, Southampton felt like they had to pay attention to Pogba (and Bruno). They didn't feel that way about Fred and McTominay. Without Pogba to worry about Southampton focused on causing us problems, and they were successful at doing so. This team of ours has some really good first teamers but once you take them out you get these kind of results, which was the story of the team while Pogba was injured.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Dreadful today. Never seemed to get to grips with the pace of the game.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Yup. At best an inconsistent flat track bully.

kundalini

Dispossessed twice in dangerous positions, including for their first goal. One nice flick that set up a shot from Martial and had a shot from distance saved easily.

LJJT

Such a shame he did not deliver today. I’ve been so impressed with him since his return but he’s let us down today. Inconsistency is just no good from our star man. I can only assume he’s knackered but he was sloppy today and a throw back to his annoying times

Paul_Scholes18

It was a bit like last spring. Started so well under Ole and looked a world beater. Then when the pressure was on and we needed to win for top 4 he didn't perform well with the rest of the squad I may add.
He has shown he can do it at the biggest stage and under pressure in the word cup so I am not sure what it is. Maybe the surroundings make him nervous?
Still having said that I would have kept him on because he looked to have recovered after his poor start.

Raven

Poor enough today but everyone bar Martial, Shaw and Lindelof (barring the cock up) were.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
He shouldn't have been taken off, some of his attacking ideas were coming off unlike with Fernandes. Both goals he had the key pass (and theirs too of course).
Him at 10 - away from our goal - and Fred on for Bruno was the right sub.

Name Changed

weso26
He was very poor. He did improve after the first twenty minutes. He wasn't the worst player on the pitch at the time he was subbed.

Mainoldo

He sucked but should have never took him off. Just adjust the formation.. Bruno need to tuck in and we should have earnt the right to play again.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He wasn't good but we lost the plot when he came off, Southampton looked a bit blunt before that but once he went off their tails went up.

Falcow

Hopefully Madrid can find the cash and buy him. Just so sick of this guy and his constant losing the ball in key areas. Supposedly one of the best players in the world and cant resist a one man press. As he is incapable of retaining the ball when pressed, he is not good enough to play in midfield for Man united, it's as simple as that.

I will add that all of our midfield was exposed tonight, all three were complacent. For the first time I admit we need a midfielder.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Like others have said, I wouldn't have subbed him despite how poor he was. I think we should've just moved Bruno deeper and played them two just in front of Matic in the 2nd half.

Mainoldo

Hopefully Madrid can find the cash and buy him. Just so sick of this guy and his constant losing the ball in key areas. Supposedly one of the best players in the world and cant resist a one man press. As he is incapable of retaining the ball when pressed, he is not good enough to play in midfield for Man united, it's as simple as that.

I will add that all of our midfield was exposed tonight, all three were complacent. For the first time I admit we need a midfielder.
Go to bed. The game changed as soon as he come off.

He'sRaldo

Had a hand in 3 of the four goals today.

It was difficult because Southampton targeted Matic and Pogba, and neither the players nor the coach adjusted quickly enough. Fernandes too high and uninvolved in buildup, and the buildup too focused on the center when there's obviously a trap there.

Regardless, it was an average performance by the lofty standards he has set recently.

Mainoldo

Like others have said, I wouldn't have subbed him despite how poor he was. I think we should've just moved Bruno deeper and played them two just in front of Matic in the 2nd half.
Exactly. Bruno doesn’t need to be so far forward the way the game was going. Just let us try and win the midfield battle.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
At the time that Pogba was subbed, AWB was having a nightmare, Fernandes wasn't much better, Greenwood was not in the game.

Regardless of how bad he was, we were significantly weaker when he was brought off.
The problem with Pogba was that there was no confidence he could smarten up his performance and eliminate unforced errors.

I agree we missed his creativity when he left, but I was tense every time he was on the ball and under pressure so felt relieved after he went off.

Greenwood wasn’t in the game today but he wasn’t making unforced danger creating mistakes. Nor was AWB.

acnumber9

When the alternative is bringing Fred on then I think Pogba should probably stay on shy of having a limb hanging off.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Dispossessed twice in dangerous positions, including for their first goal. One nice flick that set up a shot from Martial and had a shot from distance saved easily.
I'm tempted to say the second time he was dispossessed wasn't completely his fault. There was plenty of time there for somebody to yell and let him know that he had somebody near him, but I can only presume nobody did. "Man on" is one of the most basic shouts you learn on the football pitch. Unless somebody did yell and he didn't react, which actually does the opposite and makes it even worse for Pogba, but I didn't hear it on my stream.

He did make an important pass to set up the attacking move for Rashford's goal. Overall probably his worst match since the restart, but he certainly wasn't as bad as some others and I thought he was the wrong person to bring off early unless he was carrying an injury or something.

acnumber9

The problem with Pogba was that there was no confidence he could smarten up his performance and eliminate unforced errors.

I agree we missed his creativity when he left, but I was tense every time he was on the ball and under pressure so felt relieved after he went off.

Greenwood wasn’t in the game today but he wasn’t making unforced danger creating mistakes. Nor was AWB.
Did Fred even get on the ball to give you a chance to feel under pressure? We completely surrendered the game the minute he came off.

The Original

What unforced errors?? The times he was dispossess came from being pressed... And that was Southampton's entire game. How could Greenwood make such mistakes when he played in the safest position away from goal?

And didn't Pogba contribute to both goals??

Yagami

Good post resistant
Exactly. Bruno doesn’t need to be so far forward the way the game was going. Just let us try and win the midfield battle.
Yep. Plus Bruno was doing poorly at holding the ball up as a forward so, as well as the team in general, it may have benefited Bruno alongside Pogba, too.

Name Changed

weso26

Greenwood wasn't, but AWB certainly was.

I agree with everyone, Pogba was awful. But it was a bad move to take him off, most of our play was still running through him, albeit with a fair few mistakes. Fred is not close to his level though, and we lost total control of the match as soon as he was hooked.

Falcow

Go to bed. The game changed as soon as he come off.
No it didnt, he went off with 30 mins to go, we created plenty after he went off. Southampton were better team for last 10 or 15 mins.

He was dreadful and was rightly subbed.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He was really bad today. So was Bruno but at least off the ball we saw Bruno put in 150% to close players down and the hustle was there. Pogba struggles on the press, he needs to wake up in dangerous areas.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Everywhere I turn on this forum you seem to be lurking looking for an opportunity it to say something bad about Pogba.

Maybe you need to come out with what it is that really bothers you about the young man.
I think he’s over rated, I don’t think he is committed to the club, and I detest that he tolerates his agent to troll our club. It’s been a very long-standing opinion and he hasn’t done enough to change my opinion.

It’s funny I’m accused of having an agenda. Nothing of the sort. Check the match thread today and you’ll see my first two comments were complimentary about his passes. Ditto previous games this season.

It’s actually the opposite which is his fanboys have the agenda in that he must always be feted as world class and best player in the team. Look even in this thread post the game: even after a bona fide shocker, excuses and imaginary context is created.

Squeaky Bumtime

No excuses for him. Was poor overall, like his head wasn't in it. Dispossessed for the goal and few times after that in dangerous positions. Was involved in the build up for both of our goals but very poor and no mention of his pass games can excuse him.
Saying all that he shouldn't have been subbed.

Mainoldo

He was really bad today. So was Bruno but at least off the ball we saw Bruno put in 150% to close players down and the hustle was there. Pogba struggles on the press, he needs to wake up in dangerous areas.
But what did that do for us exactly? They was both as poor as eachother. Running or not running... You can’t tell me Bruno had a better game because he ran. I expect better from you.

Status
Not open for further replies.