Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
He was poor but I think the first goal being entirely pinned on him is harsh. Ings read it brilliantly and Pogba couldn’t have seen him, De Gea could and shouldn’t have played that pass.

I also think taking him off was a mistake tbh, for the reason outlined above in that he takes a lot of the oppositions attention and can always pull off a threatening pass.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I thought he was bordering on reckless in that first half, so sloppy. I doubt his camp will be quiet going into next season if there is no CL. Hopefully he gets his head back in the game against Palace.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
What unforced errors?? The times he was dispossess came from being pressed... And that was Southampton's entire game. How could Greenwood make such mistakes when he played in the safest position away from goal?

And didn't Pogba contribute to both goals??
Pogba happened to make the passes to led to both our goals, neither was exemplary or amazing! In fact the first pass to Martial was not good and required Martials skill to convert into an assist.

Re unforced errors, if you can’t see them, I don’t know what to say.

Mainoldo

No it didnt, he went off with 30 mins to go, we created plenty after he went off. Southampton were better team for last 10 or 15 mins.

He was dreadful and was rightly subbed.
What the hell was you watching. The game changed to counter attacking football as soon as he came off. What chances did we creat that wasn’t a counter? Let me know I’ll re watch it.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
But what did that do for us exactly? They was both as poor as eachother. Running or not running... You can’t tell me Bruno had a better game because he ran. I expect better from you.
He closed down the opponents and pressed far better than his midfield peer. I don't need to explain the positive impact that brings.
Oh, and he also had a better game because he didn't give away a goal like Pogba did with a lazy unforced error.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
He was poor but I think the first goal being entirely pinned on him is harsh. Ings read it brilliantly and Pogba couldn’t have seen him, De Gea could and shouldn’t have played that pass.

I also think taking him off was a mistake tbh, for the reason outlined above in that he takes a lot of the oppositions attention and can always pull off a threatening pass.
Agree with that. He looked like he had woken up by then and he did well playing that ball into Martial for our leveller. He just started really really really sloppy.

Silas

Pogba happened to make the passes to led to both our goals, neither was exemplary or amazing! In fact the first pass to Martial was not good and required Martials skill to convert into an assist.

It wasn't good because he made a pass he knew Martial was good enough to control? Literally went straight to his feet

el3mel

He was really, really poor. Didn't seem to recover at all from his mistake in their first goal and kept making mistakes.

However subbing him off and Bruno together was just a stupid move.

Mainoldo

How was his pass to Martial a bad pass. Stop listen to Gary Neville and use your own eyes... where should he have played? What he did was force a goal by putting the ball in a dangerous zone of the picture.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
How was his pass to Martial a bad pass. Stop listen to Gary Neville and use your own eyes... where should he have played? What he did was force a goal by putting the ball in a dangerous zone of the picture.
Haven’t seen or heard anything from Neville . 2 average passes that eventually led to a goal.

Falcow

I think he’s over rated, I don’t think he is committed to the club, and I detest that he tolerates his agent to troll our club. It’s been a very long-standing opinion and he hasn’t done enough to change my opinion.

It’s funny I’m accused of having an agenda. Nothing of the sort. Check the match thread today and you’ll see my first two comments were complimentary about his passes. Ditto previous games this season.

It’s actually the opposite which is his fanboys have the agenda in that he must always be feted as world class and best player in the team. Look even in this thread post the game: even after a bona fide shocker, excuses and imaginary context is created.
100% agree. Criticise him and the Pogba police are out in force with their excuse book.

Pogba is world class in the opposition half but in our half he is a liability. We have waited 4 years now for him to play well consistently and he hasn't done it. Bruno has been everything I expected Pogba to be.

Mainoldo

He closed down the opponents and pressed far better than his midfield peer. I don't need to explain the positive impact that brings.
Oh, and he also had a better game because he didn't give away a goal like Pogba did with a lazy unforced error.
He pressed hard because that was his job being the furthest of the 3 forward. If Matic was in his position that would have been Matić‘s job too.

I’m not going to debate the unforced error part. Your just showing your ass to be honest.

Eddy_JukeZ

He had one of his games unfortunately, but the midfield looked championship quality without him and Bruno.

Mainoldo

Haven’t seen or heard anything from Neville . 2 average passes that eventually led to a goal.
So what was it an average pass or a terrible pass? You say average I didn’t see anyone else making it. I didn’t see anyone else playing that ball in the Brighton game. I didn’t see anyone else making the run to get the pen against Spurs.

You guys can call it whatever you want. But it’s quite clear Pogba criticism just comes from agendas and nothing to do with common sense. For some reason people hate him and only you can search for why that is.

Drainy

I think he’s over rated, I don’t think he is committed to the club, and I detest that he tolerates his agent to troll our club. It’s been a very long-standing opinion and he hasn’t done enough to change my opinion.

It’s funny I’m accused of having an agenda. Nothing of the sort. Check the match thread today and you’ll see my first two comments were complimentary about his passes. Ditto previous games this season.

It’s actually the opposite which is his fanboys have the agenda in that he must always be feted as world class and best player in the team. Look even in this thread post the game: even after a bona fide shocker, excuses and imaginary context is created.
You called him a show pony

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He had few good moments but he had poor game. He struggled with Southampton's pressing and also looks completely shattered when he came off.

Falcow

What the hell was you watching. The game changed to counter attacking football as soon as he came off. What chances did we creat that wasn’t a counter? Let me know I’ll re watch it.
Sure, no problem.

1. Rashfords chance after his good run and one two with Martial. Should really have buried it.

2. Martial's chance after his great run but very wayward shot.

They are the two that immediately spring to mind. Like yourself, I may have forgotten about others.

Enjoy re watching them.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Remember Cardiff on last day of last season? He did it again today. He's so bad at it. Gives the ball away in terrible areas because he's far too casual.
Brilliant footballer in the opponents half but I don't like him near our box. This is not a new thing today. He's very casual.

KDB is twice the player. I know Pogba fanboys won't like it but KDB doesn't do this what he does. He doesn't give cheap possession away like that costs City goals. That's the difference between the two. Pogba is mega talented but he's still got these brain fart moments. Nearly got punished for his 2nd one too later in first half.

Falcow

We still created a couple of great chances after he went off. As we didnt take them Southampton were always going to push forward for a winner.

He'sRaldo

KDB is twice the player. I know Pogba fanboys won't like it but KDB doesn't do this what he does. He doesn't give cheap possession away like that costs City goals. That's the difference between the two. Pogba is mega talented but he's still got these brain fart moments. Nearly got punished for his 2nd one too later in first half.
He also doesn't collect the ball from his own Gk. He's an AM, no use comparing him with Paul.

With that said, Paul did need to do better there.

Eddy_JukeZ

Remember Cardiff on last day of last season? He did it again today. He's so bad at it. Gives the ball away in terrible areas because he's far too casual.
Brilliant footballer in the opponents half but I don't like him near our box. This is not a new thing today. He's very casual.

This is nonsense.

KDB gives the ball away too, you just ignore it.

And they don't play in the same position/system.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He pressed hard because that was his job being the furthest of the 3 forward. If Matic was in his position that would have been Matić‘s job too.

I’m not going to debate the unforced error part. Your just showing your ass to be honest.
What sort of a statement is that? Pogba doesn't have to press because he operates as a box to box role? This is a very odd statement, considering Bruno was pressuring opposition players even when they were knocking it around in our half.

Baxter

Go and watch De Bruyne’s ‘cameo’ in their loss to Southampton just a week or two ago.

It happens, everyone can have a shit game.

Go back and watch KDB performance against Chelsea

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
So what was it an average pass or a terrible pass? You say average I didn’t see anyone else making it. I didn’t see anyone else playing that ball in the Brighton game. I didn’t see anyone else making the run to get the pen against Spurs.

You guys can call it whatever you want. But it’s quite clear Pogba criticism just comes from agendas and nothing to do with common sense. For some reason people hate him and only you can search for why that is.
Pogba plays no 8, he is literally paid to make those passes, that's why no-one else makes them. Neither pass today was noteworthy or 'created' the goals.

Im also interested to know what this 'agenda' is, aside for wanting the best for my club.

The Original

You say neither pass was exemplary but if he doesn't make them Utd lose today. No?

If you don't know what to say, let me help you. Give examples of the unforced errors.

el3mel

Anyway, I just hope he'll throw this game away from his mind and return to being focused again next game. He was really playing some very mature and controlling stuff recently. This is a one off hopefully.

Last edited:

Mainoldo

What sort of a statement is that? Pogba doesn't have to press because he operates as a box to box role? This is a very odd statement, considering Bruno was pressuring opposition players even when they were knocking it around in our half.
You what? We play 4213. If we played 433 I could understand but we don’t. It’s a clear instruction we play that way. Who’s Pogba going out to press with exactly? Is Matic covering him Considering his job is to cover the full backs.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
The touch was heavy for the first goal which led to Ings won it from the first place. Got to blame it on him, if his first touch was spot on, he could draw a foul there. However, I think this is where the manager or the coach need to improve the game of his as well, try to release the ball earlier or play safe in that dangerous area. It's difficult to recover the ball back from that.

Mainoldo

Pogba plays no 8, he is literally paid to make those passes, that's why no-one else makes them. Neither pass today was noteworthy or 'created' the goals.

Im also interested to know what this 'agenda' is, aside for wanting the best for my club.
Wanting the best for your club? So what’s best for Our club? What positions need upgrading and what’s your view on the manager?

He's not wrong though. Having a poor day is fine for both it's not a problem but in their best form I doubt any neutral won't think KDB is the better player.
He is wrong though because he said KDB doesn’t make mistakes that lead to goals when I’ve witnessed him do exactly that. In terms of who the better player is it’s subjective tbh.

Mainoldo

The touch was heavy for the first goal which led to Ings won it from the first place. Got to blame it on him, if his first touch was spot on, he could draw a foul there. However, I think this is where the manager or the coach need to improve the game of his as well, try to release the ball earlier or play safe in that dangerous area. It's difficult to recover the ball back from that.
Should he even be there though?

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Anyway, I just hope he'll throw this game away from his mind and return to being focused again next game. He was really play some very mature and controlling stuff recently. This is a one off hopefully.
But it isn't. We've all seen him play for us for 3 years, this lack of discipline is part of his game. Doubt it will change this far into his career.

We all built up how critical todays result was, we all said 'no excuses, get the job done'. And yet Pogba doesn't turn up.

el3mel

He is wrong though because he said KDB doesn’t make mistakes that lead to goals when I’ve witnessed him do exactly that. In terms of who the better player is it’s subjective tbh.
Don't disagree about losing the ball thing. Pogba's mistake today was annoying but I thought Saints deserved the credit for their ridiculous high press.

The problem isn't the mistake itself for me. It's that Pogba didn't seem to recover after it at all and kept doing mistakes after mistakes in possession. He really was off the pace today.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
You what? We play 4213. If we played 433 I could understand but we don’t. It’s a clear instruction we play that way. Who’s Pogba going out to press with exactly? Is Matic covering him Considering his job is to cover the full backs.
Jesus give it a rest, your argument that Bruno should be pressing more "because he's a 10" is frankly ridiculous when he was out there closing down players when t hey were in our own half knocking it about. And when you're faced with Pogba's lazy error in the first 20 mins of the game that led to a goal you don't like it and think I'm an "ass" for factoring into a comparisons of performance.

el3mel

But it isn't. We've all seen him play for us for 3 years, this lack of discipline is part of his game. Doubt it will change this far into his career.

We all built up how critical todays result was, we all said 'no excuses, get the job done'. And yet Pogba doesn't turn up.
Look I'm known here to not be his biggest fan but he has been great recently. I just hope he'll throw this away and return to perform like the last few games. Yes, he had a lot of crap games with us in the past few years but I'm only talking about recent ones.

He'sRaldo

Where did you see a lack of discipline today?

I think for the error, it was a mistake as well as a good play by Ings. Nothing to do with discipline.

Status
Not open for further replies.