6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Suedesi

So many people have been saying it for so long, but the fan boys just refuse to accept the fact that United cannot win anything with Pogba in the team. He is one the most careless and temperamental footballers you could ever see. You don't win trophies with such players as your key players. You need reliable players like Scholes, KdB for that.
United need to find a buyer for this guy asap along with De Gea too.
Indeed

Suedesi

If Real Madrid come up with something over £100m, I would take it.

He’s great when he decides to play. But he’s never one who is going to change the game or win us games on his own. Plays when the team is playing well.
No team is paying anywhere near that. He's all hype and marketing

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I think this is oversimplified. Pogba might have picked up the flight of the ball too late which is reasonable depending on a few factors e.g. blocked sightlines (Fernandes?), flight of ball w.r.t eyeline, starting position, focus, and expected ball flight. Let's not ignore that the shot was blasted in the wrong direction.
I don’t really care how late he picked it up. Football, like most sports, is about reactions. The team-mates beside him reacted appropriately. He did not. Reminds me of that stupid fecking penalty he conceded against Liverpool. Careless, cowardly, unprofessional, whatever. There’s a reason what we saw him do tonight is incredibly unusual.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
It's a fecking joke. Look how far away he is too. Look how far out his arms are. It's all a mentality thing with Pogba. We laugh at Souness for how he is, but he's spot on when it comes to Pogba. He's a player who doesn't have the awareness, the football intelligence, the work rate, nor the desire to actually make use of his talent. All key things for a central midfielder. Just a mediocre player because of the mental aspects of the game.

Always talk about him going to Madrid or whatever. Hilarious. He'd flop because he is nowhere near as good as he thinks he is nor the reputation he has.
This 100%. Matic looked the better midfielder today. And worked harder.

Pogba conned us. He was never an 80 million pound player. I personally think we should sell him. But we will probably keep him. But we need to sign another MF as well.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
The natural human instinct is to protect your face. The ball was hit fiercely you forget at that split moment you're going to give a penalty away. Besides that, he admittedly had a poor game. Gary Neville is setting a narrative against Pogba. He never criticised his favourites once in the match even though they had worse games.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Give it a rest.

Pogba is not committed to this club, hence he has self preservation as his instinct above the team.

Last edited:

Red_toad

Looked dead on his feet for most of the game. Tbh I’d rather McTommy started that game over him. We needed runner and battlers. If we don’t qualify for the champions league is anyone expecting Pogba to be here next season?

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
He is not good enough. He does not work hard enough for starters. Then he cannot control or do the correct thing under pressure. He is not consistent at all.

We have to hold our hands up and say we were conned. So how long more are we going to put up with this.

My Liverpool mate is jealous of Greenwood but he always bursts out laughing about Pogba because he is nowhere good as the hype makes out. How long more can we put up with it.

For christs sake, Mark Noble looked better than him tonight.

Viral United

At this age he still look like potential then final product.
On his day he can be world class but You can't build team around him.
He is too inconsistent as player.

Red_Aaron

My point is we do give them a try and what they provide is well below what we need.
You can't completely ignore the pre-lockdown form though, I was as surprised as anyone when Fred started to look like an actual footballer but fair fecks to the guy he turned a lot of heads and rightly earned his place. Now maybe he's a player that needs rhythm to perform and so he's suffered since losing his place but I still don't see how we'd be any worse.

Pogbas not even trying things, he's taking 5 touches to make a sideways pass, if he was trying things and they weren't coming off I can forgive that (see Bruno) but he's not even trying atm imo

Bojan11

Grealish and Van De Beek for Pogba. Would people take that? That’s if we can trick Madrid into thinking Pogba is worth £100m.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
So many people have been saying it for so long, but the fan boys just refuse to accept the fact that United cannot win anything with Pogba in the team. He is one the most careless and temperamental footballers you could ever see. You don't win trophies with such players as your key players. You need reliable players like Scholes, KdB for that.
United need to find a buyer for this guy asap along with De Gea too.
Preach.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Looked dead on his feet for most of the game. Tbh I’d rather McTommy started that game over him. We needed runner and battlers. If we don’t qualify for the champions league is anyone expecting Pogba to be here next season?
I think he'll stay another season regardless. Would be best for us if we got rid though. Would be a Rooney in 2014/Sanchez 2018/De Gea 2019 type of mistake though if we gave him a new contract. Big wages, big reputation, never backs it up on the pitch and definitely not when it actually matters.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Protected his face in a reflex.. not smart to give a penalty away like that but a normal human reaction i think.
He is a great player but had a bad game today. Hopefully he will show the real Paul Pogba next game.
The over the top reactions that are posted and will be posted in this thread about how shit Pogba is are going to be interesting to read again...
When is this fake narrative going to end?
Pogba is not a great player, he is average level and clumsy, who also manages a hollywood pass once in a while.

Last edited:

RK

I don’t really care how late he picked it up. Football, like most sports, is about reactions. The team-mates beside him reacted appropriately. He did not. Reminds me of that stupid fecking penalty he conceded against Liverpool. Careless, cowardly, unprofessional, whatever. There’s a reason what we saw him do tonight is incredibly unusual.
Team-mates clearly picked up the flight of the ball better. I think it's harsh to lay into Pogba given the instinctive reaction and our lack of a full picture. The simple explanation makes the most sense here.
There's plenty of other valid criticisms of him.

RK

The "cowardly" rationale makes even less sense the more I think about it. A coward would've dodged much faster.

Godfather

He just looks totally knackered. Ole let our midfielders run themselves into the ground. No need to go completely overboard again. The pen was stupid of course.

m1tch

Bet he's glad there's no lap of honour to make it two seasons in a row where someone points out to him that he's 'f'ing shit'.

Compared with the top midfielders in the league he's an absolute disgrace. He's far worse now than in his first season with us.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Team-mates clearly picked up the flight of the ball better. I think it's harsh to lay into Pogba given the instinctive reaction and our lack of a full picture. The simple explanation makes the most sense here.
There's plenty of other valid criticisms of him.
Remind me the last time you saw a professional footballer lose the flight of the ball and react by flinging his arms up to push the ball away from him? The problem here is the nature of his “instinctive reaction” and elite sports is all about making the correct reactions on instinct.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
He's one of the most talented players of his generation, but talent alone isnt enough. He's the French Van der Vaart. Not strong enough mentally.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
So surely this is the end of the line for Pogba? That handball is ridiculous, you take that in the face and keep your hands down, 99% of footballers just wear that one. I’m livid, what a prize c*ck, get him out of our club

starman

There's a difference between protecting your face (which everyone defending him is using that argument) and throwing your arms up away from your body...

Strelok

The "cowardly" rationale makes even less sense the more I think about it. A coward would've dodged much faster.
Yeah I watched the highlight again like ten times and I don't think he was coward. It was just pure instinct to protect his face.

However if you watch the highlight again you'd see everyone were ready to the shot but him. Bruno was running up to block the shot, man this guy read the situation super fast. Others like Fosu-Mensha tried to turn away so the ball would not hit his face. But Pogba, he was like caught off that moment and just realised the situation after Rice shot. Then by his instinct he forgot that he's in the penalty area and raised his hand to protect his face. He's not concentrated and not focused at all. And imo, it's even worse.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.

There's a difference between protecting your face (which everyone defending him is using that argument) and throwing your arms up away from your body...
...while lowering your face to the ball's level. fecking jump, man! Unbelievable.

Ole should make him stand on the training pitch with his hands behind his back while the whole team blasts shots at him.

m1tch

He just looks totally knackered.
True, he's had a really gruelling season with around 15 appearances, and it's not even over yet!

His all action style, sprinting, pressing, covering every blade of grass, really does him no favours on the burnout front.

Shit the bed.

M16Red

Tomorrow I'm going into work and deleting a random database, lets see if like Pogba I'll still be in this week or next.

Drop him, Ole he's incompetent

wythyred

True, he's had a really gruelling season with around 15 appearances, and it's not even over yet!

His all action style, sprinting, pressing, covering every blade of grass, really does him no favours on the burnout front.

Shit the bed.
Great reply!

I’m starting to think he’s basically the Center Mid version of Nani.

E-mal

His lackadaisical approach to the game is unprofessional. He wont make success of his talent anywhere else if he doesnt learn to take responsibility. His general appreciation of the game in terms of concentration and tactical awareness despite playing in italy is just a shame.

LJJT

He’s an important player and I’d rather he plays than not. But he’s dropped off a lot last few games as has the team. In terms of the pen- you need to take them on the kisser or turn the head and get it side on. You can’t go in a wall and put your hands up. Hate to say it but sadly think it’s shows his underlying mentality, which is reflected in the team- it’s soft as shi*e

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
...while lowering your face to the ball's level. fecking jump, man! Unbelievable.

Ole should make him stand on the training pitch with his hands behind his back while the whole team blasts shots at him.
I think he was trying to throw himself to the ground, then flung his arms up when it looked like he wasn’t going to get under the ball. If he’d just stood still (or turned his face away) it would have hit him on the torso. His face wasn’t in danger until after he shit the bed.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass

Shit the bed.
True.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
:lol: :lol: :lol: Give it a rest.

he is not committed to this club, hence he has self preservation as his instinct above the team.
He's not committed? All the indications are he'll likely sign a new contract very soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.