Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I'd havz posted something but I was working today. Still managed to see a glimpse of that sublime pass no one else in our current team can pull off
He also nearly pulled off an incredible one to Rashford, if I find a clip of it later I'll post it.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Played really well, fair play to him.
Doesn't strike the figure of someone who will spit his dummy out if he doesn't get a move.
Lovely ball to Wan Bissaka for the first goal, whilst looking more defensively solid than previous performances.
Is it just me, or does he look a bit bigger?

clarkydaz

Played really well, fair play to him.
Doesn't strike the figure of someone who will spit his dummy out if he doesn't get a move.
Lovely ball to Wan Bissaka for the first goal, whilst looking more defensively solid than previous performances.
Is it just me, or does he look a bit bigger?
I thought the same

Web of Bissaka

Again that is very good. #8 and #6 hybrid type of performance.
B2B and what I like to day is how good he get the ball from the back and connect it to attack consistently with intent.
He's dictating plays twice games so far.

:devil: That follow through at the back when Rojo lost his man or the striker went to LW, nice cover there. His defensive senses are consistently on today, can do it after all.

That said, starting the 20+ mins, his usual Pog habits started to creep in eg. overconfidence making flicks in dangerous positions which like always is not even a good flick->lose the ball and we get countered hard. Then did I see him blaming his teammates again? for his mistakes.. it's just few moments, and it's vs a small team while we already scored twice, so not a huge problem.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Some of the passes, only he can pull them off in this squad.

Also interesting to see us playing 4231 in both games with Pogba as deeper midfielder.

Played well again but it doesn't tell us much about where his head is at. He is so far above the opposition we've played so far he can look good without breaking a sweat. Hopefully he stays because we will have a very average team without him.

Raven

He looked like he'd filled out didn't he? He looked huge when he stood over that freekick.
Maybe it's because he's going to be playing a bit deeper?
I noticed it at the tail end of last season, he could barely fit into his jersey.

settembrini

He definitely looked a lot heavier today, I saw a few people comment about it on twitter and reddit. Bit weird as I thought he looked as lean as ever against Perth.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Personal opinion but to me its pretty clear its too easy for him. He needs to be playing against and with players that test him properly. Otherwise to entertain himself he starts showboating. When you look up and you see Lingard do you genuinely want to pass him the ball if your pogba?
You mean to calm him down and prove him he is nowhere near good enough as he think he is? Because he was never the best player in any team he played, even when he had much better teammates at Juventus and France. He was never the best player in our team either(at least consinstently), on or two great games in about ten doesn't mean you are much better than your teammates.

SATA

He definitely looked a lot heavier today, I saw a few people comment about it on twitter and reddit. Bit weird as I thought he looked as lean as ever against Perth.
Thought he was carrying a bit of extra weight there especially around his belly. But he was still extremely quick and mobile. Not sure myself if it's fats or muscles

Art Vandelay

I thought that too, assumed it was just my eyes playing tricks.

Almost every time he touched the ball today he had a Leeds player almost literally on his back.

mancan92

You mean to calm him down and prove him he is nowhere near good enough as he think he is? Because he was never the best player in any team he played, even when he had much better teammates at Juventus and France. He was never the best player in our team either(at least consinstently), on or two great games in about ten doesn't mean you are much better than your teammates.
That's my point he plays with people he can trust and play a more natural game. Whereas with us everything has to be forced.

He is by far our best player so don't really know what your getting at. He knows it and his team mates do aswell. That's why when everything is crap they go hiding and just hope he comes up with something.

Art

Art the artist
Thought he was carrying a bit of extra weight there especially around his belly. But he was still extremely quick and mobile. Not sure myself if it's fats or muscles
He was working out throughout the summer. Paul is shredded.

Devil81

I wonder what's currently going on with Pogba, do we think he's still looking for a move or a new contract?

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
He is by far our best player so don't really know what your getting at.
He isn't. He didn't have single season qhere he was our best player, apart from patches in few seasons? When exactly did he prove that he is our best player by far?

mancan92

He isn't. He didn't have single season qhere he was our best player, apart from patches in few seasons? When exactly did he prove that he is our best player by far?
Haha are you serious? OK I won't bother discussing one thing which is just a f act is pogba is our best outfield player. No one else has the influence he has.

Regardless how much you may dislike him.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Obviously the best player in the team and a level above everyone else. It's clear watching that football at that level is too easy for him. He needs to be at the heighest level with team mates who can match his ability its clear thats why he sometimes loses concentration.
It certainly didn't look 'too easy' for him when he was humiliated in some games against top sides. And you can't say he wasn't tested.

Tomuś

Playing in a crap team where you don't really have a hope isn't the same as being challenged.
I love this. He plays well - 'too easy for him with this lot', he's literally one of the worst players on the pitch - 'plays in a crap team, not his fault'.

mancan92

I love this. He plays well - 'too easy for him with this lot', he's literally one of the worst players on the pitch - 'plays in a crap team, not his fault'.
Or you can just know and watch enough sport that you understand there is nuance that everything is not black or white.

Tomuś

There's a difference between being unable to change the complexion of the game when surrounded by underperforming team-mates/wrong tactics (PSG at home) and being the worst player out there (Liverpool 2 yrs ago/Sevilla). Now you'll be telling me to watch more sport? What age are you and what sort of ridiculous argument is that?

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
Haha are you serious? OK I won't bother discussing one thing which is just a f act is pogba is our best outfield player. No one else has the influence he has.

Regardless how much you may dislike him.
Haha

mancan92

There's a difference between being unable to change the complexion of the game when surrounded by underperforming team-mates/wrong tactics (PSG at home) and being the worst player out there (Liverpool 2 yrs ago/Sevilla). Now you'll be telling me to watch more sport? What age are you and what sort of ridiculous argument is that?
I’m not attacking you mate I’m just saying it’s not black and white. Big players want to play with others at their standard because often they end up dropping a level or two because regardless they don’t need to raise it to be better than their teammates. An fit can get frustrating when people aren’t on your level.

I don’t know a single top or great sportsman let alone football player who was consistently good when playing in a poor or disfunctional team. It often takes for them to play in a great team for them to find consistency.

Last edited:

Tomuś

He's not the first player in the history that's deemed better than his teammates(even then some would argue) and most often, the natural consequence is those carry their teams. Would be shitty if every stand out player said 'I'm the best player in this team so why bother showing that and have bigger chances at winning'.

It's an incredibly lazy argument I keep hearing about Pogba. That he plays badly because of his team mates. In that case let's excuse every single one of underperformers. Get down to work, play like your pricetag and reputation (self-esteem) suggests WEEK IN WEEK OUT - then sulk. He's yet to show that on a consistent basis.

mancan92

He's not the first player in the history that's deemed better than his teammates(even then some would argue) and most often, the natural consequence is those carry their teams. Would be shitty if every stand out player said 'I'm the best player in this team so why bother showing that and have bigger chances at winning'.

It's an incredibly lazy argument I keep hearing about Pogba. That he plays badly because of his team mates. In that case let's excuse every single one of underperformers. Get down to work, play like your pricetag and reputation (self-esteem) suggests WEEK IN WEEK OUT - then sulk. He's yet to show that on a consistent basis.

As I said can you think of another top player who has been consistently good in an otherwise poor or disfunctional team?

It’s not lazy if it’s a consistent theme across multiple sports,eras etc

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
It's not lazy, it's completely stupid argument repeated by a bunch of 15 year olds who have never seen better player than Pogba play for United and think that having skill is everything that is important on football pitch.

mancan92

It's not lazy, it's completely stupid argument repeated by a bunch of 15 year olds who have never seen better player than Pogba play for United and think that having skill is everything that is important on football pitch.
As I said name a player who has played consistently great whilst playing in a poor or disfunctional team.

Or are they all lazy and not impressive?

Tomuś

As I said can you think of another top player who has been consistently good in an otherwise poor or disfunctional team?

Difficult to find a top player willingly join a disfunctional team, isn't it? Nobody would've had any problems with him had he done his best at all times like Lewandowski did for Poland when the chips were down or Dzeko for Bosnia. In club football it's difficult as I said because top players play in top/functioning teams right now an we've been one of a kind in recent years. Can you honestly say he always does his best for us?

Tomuś

He's to be judged by different standards because we all know how good he is. The criticism of his consistency actually shows how highly we rate him.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
Are you serious?

There is a reason top players are called top players and that's because they stood out ahead of their teammates when it mattered. Have you ever watched Hazard for Chelsea? Aguero and Silva are magnificent for turbulent City team ever since they started bulding team, they were excellent even when they were just scrapping top4. Veratti for very inconsitent PSG team? Kroos for Bayern and Real Madrid? Suarez for Liverpool? Gerrard for Liverpool? Costa for Atletico Madrid? Modric for Spurs? Bale for Spurs? Van Persie was great for Arsenal. Even Mahrez and Kante stood out in pretty average and disfunctional Leicester teams after they won the title? etc, etc. That's just from top of my head.
Even Messi can be considered in this list because some of the performances from his teammates in last few years for Barca have been laughable, and I seriously think he is the one keeping them challenging for big things all by himself. Difference between his and his teammates performances at times is far bigger than anything we have seen with Pogba and his teammates here.

Edit: Dzeko for Bosnia is excellent example from @Tomuś , regulary one of the best strikers for his national team with pretty shit teammates around him.

Last edited:

mancan92

Difficult to find a top player willingly join a disfunctional team, isn't it? Nobody would've had any problems with him had he done his best at all times like Lewandowski did for Poland when the chips were down or Dzeko for Bosnia. In club football it's difficult as I said because top players play in top/functioning teams right now an we've been one of a kind in recent years. Can you honestly say he always does his best for us?
How often do you think those two players performed for their teams ? Lewandoski didn’t even score in the last big tournament Poland played. Look at Messi for Argentina.

Tomuś

How often do you think those two players performed for their teams ? Lewandoski didn’t even score in the last big tournament Poland played. Look at Messi for Argentina.
Lewandowski gave his all and probably ended up with his legs all bruised. Nobody criticized him here in Poland. Anyway, look at the examples of Amar.

mancan92

Are you serious?

There is a reason top players are called top players and that's because they stood out ahead of their teammates when it mattered. Have you ever watched Hazard for Chelsea? Aguero and Silva are magnificent for turbulent City team ever since they started bulding team, they were excellent even when they were just scrapping top4. Veratti for very inconsitent PSG team? Kroos for Bayern and Real Madrid? Suarez for Liverpool? Gerrard for Liverpool? Costa for Atletico Madrid? Modric for Spurs? Bale for Spurs? Van Persie was great for Arsenal. Even Mahrez and Kante stood out in pretty average and disfunctional Leicester teams after they won the title? etc, etc. That's just from top of my head.
None of your examples make sense because I said disfunctional or poor team. Leicester were a super function team kante was great but so was drink water,’Morgan, huth etc. Hazard has been called overrated and inconsistent everytime Chelsea has their every other season of terrible form. Kroos for Madrid ? You mean the same kroos who had an awful year last year when Madrid were “disfunctional”. Gerrard is literally called mr Hollywood because he would just try everything to do something good but a lot of time it didn’t work out which is why most of this forum don’t rate him highly. He didn’t find any consistency until he got a few other great players to join him.

You just proved my point.

Rossa

Gerrard was for Liverpool, for one. I think you are way off on Pogba, making far too many excuses for him. He's inconsistent and needs to put his act together and stop blaming everyone else. Not passing to teammates becausehhe finds them beneath himself?even I doubt he is that arrogant. If he is our best player, he should carry the team. Maradona for Napoli. Bale for Spurs, Shearer at Blackburn, RvP for us in 2012/2013, ddg for us these last few seasons. List goes on. Pogba is not among them. Talent is there though.

Status
Not open for further replies.