6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven-UK

Ok, and yet the big clubs from around europe would welcome him with open arms and a lot of my mates who support various teams would snap our hands off if we were to put him up for sale! Not a bad show pony I feel, oh and yeah, I tend to get to Old Trafford on at least 8 occasions each season and have since the 80's. Moved from Manchester in the 90's so not always easy to get there so watch at pubs and bars whenever I can.
These big clubs were not exactly queuing up to buy him in summer.

He really isn't that good. I'd go as far as saying that Pogba is possibly the most over-hyped player Manchester United have ever had.

Our only world class player, once again.
He is far from being world class.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I honestly think Carrick had more support in midfield in 12/13 with Cleverley, Giggs, Jones, Anderson and Kagawa.

Lingard and McTominay are a hindrance.

Jaae

Not ITK
He's an immature and undisciplined footballer who often plays for himself rather than the team. He gives the ball away every game trying needless tricks and dribbles in the middle of the pitch and today it has cost us big time. There was an easy pass to Maguire and we could have built an attack from the back, but nah... Pogba needs to Cruyff turn and dribble into four opposition players, just because...

We have no-one in our dressing room big enough to stand up to him and put him in his place, manager included. Jose was but Pogba managed to help shove him out to the applause of many on here, and now he wants to leave too. What a mess.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Fergie also kind of ostracized Nani for doing something similar in that crazy League Cup game at Stamford Bridge in 2012:

“Ferguson blamed Nani for giving the ball away in the 94th minute at the end of normal time with United leading 3-2. It ended with Wootton fouling Ramires and gifting substitute Eden Hazard the penalty that would take the game into extra-time. "Nani decided to try and beat a player and we ended up conceding a penalty kick," Ferguson said.”

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/fa-league-cups/sweet-revenge-for-chelsea-as-manchester-united-boss-alex-ferguson-blames-nani-for-decisive-penalty-8270011.html?amp
Oh i remember that. I didn't agree with the way Nani was harshly treated at times too. What a player he was. :drool:

Pogba's creativity reminds me of him a lot. Similarities between the way they are treated by the fanbase in general too.

Eddy_JukeZ

I thought he was terrible. He just takes too many touches on the ball at times. I know our movement is often poor or non-existent, but he always loves an extra touch.

One of those games from Pogba you have to forget.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Fergie also kind of ostracized Nani for doing something similar in that crazy League Cup game at Stamford Bridge in 2012:

“Ferguson blamed Nani for giving the ball away in the 94th minute at the end of normal time with United leading 3-2. It ended with Wootton fouling Ramires and gifting substitute Eden Hazard the penalty that would take the game into extra-time. "Nani decided to try and beat a player and we ended up conceding a penalty kick," Ferguson said.”

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/fa-league-cups/sweet-revenge-for-chelsea-as-manchester-united-boss-alex-ferguson-blames-nani-for-decisive-penalty-8270011.html?amp
Didn't Depay do something similar vs Chelsea?

Stevondo8

Tried hard, things just didn’t come off for him today...like many days. Wasn’t the best today, no means the worst either. World class talent, not consistent enough to be deemed a world class player in my book.

Yagami

Good post resistant
He's an immature and undisciplined footballer who often plays for himself rather than the team. He gives the ball away every game trying needless tricks and dribbles in the middle of the pitch and today it has cost us big time. There was an easy pass to Maguire and we could have built an attack from the back, but nah... Pogba needs to Cruyff turn and dribble into four opposition players, just because...

We have no-one in our dressing room big enough to stand up to him and put him in his place, manager included. Jose was but Pogba managed to help shove him out to the applause of many on here, and now he wants to leave too. What a mess.
Because no one else does anything.

The whole game our entire team was literally passing him the ball at every opportunity to do something.

If we had other players capable of doing something - anything - in general play, I'm sure he wouldn't feel the need to do everything by himself.

When he plays with actual quality - like for France and Juve - he's much more willing to take a step back as he knows others will step up. Here? Who's going to do anything if not him? Martial or Rashford if we're lucky. That's it.

Devil may care

Poor in the first half but better in the 2nd, played a big part in our goal but will get some blame on the 2nd we conceded, I will stand by my view though, anyone would struggle in a midfield 3 with McTominay and Lingard as their partners.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Imagine suddenly going from playing with Pirlo,Vidal to playing with McT and Lingard.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He’s had his pocket picked umpteen times already this season, from dwelling on the ball too long. If anything it’s surprising it took this long for us to end up conceding as a result.
Yeah, that's why I never really like him playing deeper, or players like that. Players who play in those 2 key midfield positions should be players who are very reliable on the ball, very reliable in terms of getting open to receive the ball and knowing how to spread it around to other players while not dwelling on it too long. You don't need anything amazing there, but far too often he tries to feck around or make runs with it when he shouldn't do it because it puts us at risk. Problem is the only other player who can play there would be Fred, who is prone to the same feck ups. Still think a midfield of Fred in Pogba's position (while hoping Fred starts to show why we actually bought him) and Pogba pushing up in Lingard's position is our best chance this season at a functioning midfield (and McTominay dramatically improving). Not holding my breath though.

GM K

Four seasons later we are still discussing Pogba's best role, who to pair with him and which formation will best suite him.

That says it all.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Yeah, that's why I never really like him playing deeper, or players like that. Players who play in those 2 key midfield positions should be players who are very reliable on the ball, very reliable in terms of getting open to receive the ball and knowing how to spread it around to other players while not dwelling on it too long. You don't need anything amazing there, but far too often he tries to feck around or make runs with it when he shouldn't do it because it puts us at risk. Problem is the only other player who can play there would be Fred, who is prone to the same feck ups. Still think a midfield of Fred in Pogba's position (while hoping Fred starts to show why we actually bought him) and Pogba pushing up in Lingard's position is our best chance this season at a functioning midfield (and McTominay dramatically improving). Not holding my breath though.
The funny thing is (and by funny, I mean not funny at all) he’s lost the ball loads of times in far more dangerous areas of the pitch than he did today. Palace still had a hell of a lot to do after Pogba fecked up. So it’s not worth getting worked up about.

Eddy_JukeZ

He’s had his pocket picked umpteen times already this season, from dwelling on the ball too long. If anything it’s surprising it took this long for us to end up conceding as a result.
He's been as sloppy in possession as I've ever seen him for us.

In 2 of the 3 games so far.

3KDré

Four seasons later we are still discussing Pogba's best role, who to pair with him and which formation will best suite him.

That says it all.
It says that we don't have enough quality in other positions to get the best out of our best player. Everyone knows his best position, our CEO is a fool who gives managers new contracts then doesn't get them the targets they want.

Yes, he does lose the ball. He is also essential to every single good play we have and he also plays balls than very few people in Europe can.

Yagami

Good post resistant

That says it all.
I think we all know his best role is the most advanced CM in a 3 like in O!e's first games.

The problem is we need him deeper as well because none of McTominay, Fred, Matic or Pereira are reliable at being able to playmake.

a CM is a must in January.

fergiesarmy1

Imagine suddenly going from playing with Pirlo,Vidal to playing with McT and Lingard.
I’m guessing the first two are glad as apparently we need to pay umpteen players to make him look good. I know a few real world class players that didn’t need others to make them look good. He is a fecking liability.

fergiesarmy1

He's been as sloppy in possession as I've ever seen him for us.

In 2 of the 3 games so far.
Exactly that last game against wolves he gave the ball away more than anyone, came on here after and people are talking about balloon doors.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Much better in the second half. But thinks he is salah or messi or something with trying to beat two or three people in the middle of the pitch.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I’m guessing the first two are glad as apparently we need to pay umpteen players to make him look good. I know a few real world class players that didn’t need others to make them look good. He is a fecking liability.
Yeah, good luck with making things happen with Lingard and McT. You take risk, you lose the ball. It's part of the game.

You give him better partners, he will start trusting them and will see less of this shit. I would much rather prefer him taking responsibilities than lingard.

Foxbatt

What is he supposed to do when he has no movements up in front of him? yes he got picked today and we concede but this midfield is impossible. A lot of us has been saying that our midfield was poor yet we do not strengthen it and buy James. I would rather buy a quality midfield player. We should have sold off Matic, Mata, Fred and Young and got a decent midfield player. We never replaced even Fellaini and Herrera.
The only way to play with the squad we have is if we had a good coach and Ole is not a good coach. he does not know if he is standing or sitting on his arse.

fergiesarmy1

Yeah, good luck with making things happen with Lingard and McT. You take risk, you lose the ball. It's part of the game.

You give him better partners, he will start trusting them and will see less of this shit. I would much rather prefer him taking responsibilities than lingard.
I’m no Lingard fan either but a real world class player would shine regardless.

I could probably get on board with pogba if everyone on here didn’t think he was the second coming.

Steerpike

In today's game, he either dwelt on the ball too long before making a simple pass that could have been completed 5 seconds earlier, or he tried a more difficult pass and didn't get it right. As soon as it was clear he was having an off day, he should have been substituted (probably with Perreira, to give us a bit more aggression).

I can't criticise his effort - it was his determination to recover the ball he'd lost which led to our equaliser - but once again his judgement was poor - getting dispossessed on the halfway line with most of his teammates ahead of him led to the Palace winner.

Green_Red

I thought he had a good game from where I was sitting. Won the ball back a couple of times. Did well to fight off tackles a couple of times.

I think a lot of people are blaming him for not unlocking palace today but this is exactly the type of game people said we'd struggle in, when teams decided to sit deep.

I think hes shown improved performances this season to last. He just needs the players ahead of him to start ticking. Rashford had an absolute mare today. A few times he should have scored. An Aguero or Abumyang would have put his chances away. If him and Martial do better up top the negativity surrounding Pogba should lift.

DickDastardly

What is he supposed to do when he has no movements up in front of him? yes he got picked today and we concede but this midfield is impossible. A lot of us has been saying that our midfield was poor yet we do not strengthen it and buy James. I would rather buy a quality midfield player. We should have sold off Matic, Mata, Fred and Young and got a decent midfield player. We never replaced even Fellaini and Herrera.
The only way to play with the squad we have is if we had a good coach and Ole is not a good coach. he does not know if he is standing or sitting on his arse.
Erhmmmmm let's see....not fecking lose the ball for start?!

Recycle it, pass it back, don't give a feck - just don't fecking lose it!

You lose the ball at center line as a dm, you concede a goal. It's that easy.

I was taught that at 7. Never play a square ball and don't get caught in possesion in your half.

If he can't play that - don't fecking play football. Go design a new Adidas line of sneakers or whatever.

He was alright today but it's clear playing him in a two does not work, especially when our 10 does a disappearing act. We have been overrun in midfield in every game so far.

We need Fred fit asap, or somebody who can properly play alongside him and McT rather than an attacking mid in disguise.

Terminator

Only player in midfield with quality. We're firmly mid table if and when he leaves. How no one else even has quality to unlock a tight defense is beyond me.

LoneStar

First of all, he needs to okay further up the field. While he did lose the ball, I'm not going to place the entire blame on him. Our defence should have sorted it out.

What is scary is that he is the only creative player in the team. Literally no one else is trying to take responsibility at all. Lindelof, Shaw, Lingard, McTominay - all these players were simply passing the ball to him and he was expected to do something.

He can't be expected to handle the whole of midfield on his own. It's very clear he's not going to work as a CDM. Ole needs to sort his out (God knows how, with the options we have)

Stadjer

In today's game, he either dwelt on the ball too long before making a simple pass that could have been completed 5 seconds earlier, or he tried a more difficult pass and didn't get it right. As soon as it was clear he was having an off day, he should have been substituted (probably with Perreira, to give us a bit more aggression).

I can't criticise his effort - it was his determination to recover the ball he'd lost which led to our equaliser - but once again his judgement was poor - getting dispossessed on the halfway line with most of his teammates ahead of him led to the Palace winner.
Even on a bad day Pogba still is capable of proving some magic to create a chance. There is literally nobody in the squad who is capable of doing that so i would not sub him. Perreira isnt even half the player as Pogba when Perreira has a great game.

El Jefe

Let's be honest this 4231 with him in CM is bollocks. He's paying the price for our other CMs being dogshit. Ole/Ed should have just brought in another CM or two as every United fan wanted but we're told only Longstaff was made of the right to play play CM for us :rolleyes:

He's clearly better further forward but because our options are so trash the ball will never reach him there or he'd have to drop too deep to receive it. The goal we conceded today is the price for playing him in a 2 man midfield, Paul will give the ball in dangerous areas and that's why he needs good cover behind and beside him.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Awful today, and I’m generally a Pogba fan. Must move the ball quicker, teams know his tendency to hold and protect the ball and they purposely swarm him in twos and threes....and that’s when we lose possession

Foxbatt

Erhmmmmm let's see....not fecking lose the ball for start?!

Recycle it, pass it back, don't give a feck - just don't fecking lose it!

You lose the ball at center line as a dm, you concede a goal. It's that easy.

I was taught that at 7. Never play a square ball and don't get caught in possesion in your half.

If he can't play that - don't fecking play football. Go design a new Adidas line of sneakers or whatever.
There was 4 United players between DeGea and the ball. Yes he lost the ball but was way up the pitch almost in Palace half and yes I do agree he should not but generally he was the only one who could do something and with the way we play with two midfield players with him and Scott, there was no way even the best midfield player in the world is going to do well at United. That goal was scored because Degea let it go under him at the near post. 9 times out of 10 he would have used his feet.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
He was alright today but it's clear playing him in a two does not work, especially when our 10 does a disappearing act. We have been overrun in midfield in every game so far.

We need Fred fit asap, or somebody who can properly play alongside him and McT rather than an attacking mid in disguise.
We've had significantly more of the ball in our last two games (and the game we didn't we won 4-0) so we most certainly haven't been overrun in midfield in every game so far

Halftrack

Just watched a clip of a fan being interviewed outside OT. He was asked about the result, and answered that it seemed like the players took it to casually (which is fair), then veered off into a tirade against Pogba. Apparently, Pogba's a liability to the club, and the club should give him away for nothing, because the sooner he's gone the better, and we can let someone come through who doesn't try to be fancy, because he's having a negative infection (sic) on Rashford and Lingard and some of the other lads, who just want to be fancy and flick balls instead of playing football like they were taught when they were kids. And no, it wasn't Gary Neville.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Just watched a clip of a fan being interviewed outside OT. He was asked about the result, and answered that it seemed like the players took it to casually (which is fair), then veered off into a tirade against Pogba. Apparently, Pogba's a liability to the club, and the club should give him away for nothing, because the sooner he's gone the better, and we can let someone come through who doesn't try to be fancy, because he's having a negative infection (sic) on Rashford and Lingard and some of the other lads, who just want to be fancy and flick balls instead of playing football like they were taught when they were kids. And no, it wasn't Gary Neville.
He must be a Sky Sports subscriber..

Status
Not open for further replies.