Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I don't think there's single good pass from Pogba in a game that can't be noticed and repeated in pretty much every post that is praising him. James had a good pass or two(that run was better than anything Pogba did today), Rashford had at least one or two good passes after which we even scored(evn though he had a shit game), even Pereira had one or two good passes. But apparently it's only Pogba that deserved an assist. And it's like that in every game where he doesn't pick an assist.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Can't wait til he's gone.

The problem is that Longstaff will be his replacement if Ole's still the manager.

So welp.
I get what you're saying but Liverpool have 3 dogs in midfield that are all inferior to Pogba in the technical department.

Eddy_JukeZ

I get what you're saying but Liverpool have 3 dogs in midfield that are all inferior to Pogba in the technical department.
I agree, but they also have Klopp maximizing that midfield.

We need an incredible manager.

Yagami

Good post resistant
He did play a couple of nice passes (when under no pressure), is that enough for a £100m midfielder in his prime whose won a World Cup and wants even more money to stay on (apparently).
He did really well to beat his man in our half, thus getting us on the break, and played the ball to an attacker who had space to do some damage.

Sadly, that attacker was Lingard who passed off the responsibility to Pereira who couldn't do much in the position he was in. If we had some good attackers, not only would he have an assist, we could make a hel l of a lot more of these opportunities/overloads he creates.

Dan_F

The midfield was better today than it was against West Ham. It doesn't matter how much he cost vs performance, he clearly has to play as he’s the best we have.

I think we have a good midfield pairing, but we’re just getting it wrong by playing a number 10 at all costs. I think the balance would be far better with a creative DM behind them. Pogba and McTominay both look at their best when bursting forward. Last season I would have said it’s not creative enough, but McTominay seems to be getting more and more forward thinking with the ball.

Every time Ole pushes Pogba up looking for a goal, we can’t get the ball to him, because the rest of the midfield is easily nullified.

Frank Grimes

Only watched the last 30 minutes but he was largely anonymous apart from an effort on goal which he should have done better with imo. Mctominay got stuck in but Pogba was strolling around. Will not be sorry to see that back of him.

Irwin99

Thought he played pretty well actually. I'm not seeing this lack of effort that people accuse him of, i'm seeing a player who pretty much every match does quite a few good things (no one else in our team could make that pass to Rashford) and quite a few bad things (unnecessary ball loses) which he never seems to learn from.

MAME DIOUF 32

Thought he pulled strings and made some decent defensive contributions but he's a very, very expensive tidy midfield player. Needs to be further forward.

fergiesarmy1

He did really well to beat his man in our half, thus getting us on the break, and played the ball to an attacker who had space to do some damage.

Sadly, that attacker was Lingard who passed off the responsibility to Pereira who couldn't do much in the position he was in. If we had some good attackers, not only would he have an assist, we could make a hel l of a lot more of these opportunities/overloads he creates.
Someone posted a couple of weeks ago that Pogba’s 9 assists last season was good, if that came from a young midfielder finding his feet in the team I’d agree, maybe I have higher expectations of the worlds most expensive midfielder in his prime who wants stupid money to carry on playing for us.

Devil may care

Sloppy n the first half but I though he played his way into the game towards the end of the half and was decent in the second half

Yagami

Good post resistant
Someone posted a couple of weeks ago that Pogba’s 9 assists last season was good, if that came from a young midfielder finding his feet in the team I’d agree, maybe I have higher expectations of the worlds most expensive midfielder in his prime who wants stupid money to carry on playing for us.
I mean, 9 assists may be underwhelming for someone of his quality, but he probably would have a whole lot more if we had a better attack so I don't think that stat tells the whole story.

Honestly, even though pretty much every post I have in this thread is defending him, I have been disappointed with his signing as a whole. I don't consider it a successful one at all despite how much I like him. However, when I take into context how badly we're run on and off the field (poor coaching, a severe lack of quality in the squad, etc), I'm more lenient with him because he isn't the type of player who can singlehandedly transform a team despite his price tag, and he's 1 of our only genuine players capable of top quality.

nyanza

Persisting with playing him deep in a midfield two is an absolute madness. The good run last year and most really good performances under Mourinho came with him being as the most advanced player in midfield 3. When we have damn Lingard or Mata occupying the space behind the forward, how is any sort of good attacking display expected? What's the point of sending Smalling away and sticking with ballplaying defenders if we're still going to stick Pogba in front of them to play the ball from deep? Mctominay and Fred with Pogba ahead of them offers more both defensively and offensively than Mctominay and Pogba with Lingard ahead of them. It blows my mind how anyone can prefer the second option.

fergiesarmy1

I mean, 9 assists may be underwhelming for someone of his quality, but he probably would have a whole lot more if we had a better attack so I don't think that stat tells the whole story.

Honestly, even though pretty much every post I have in this thread is defending him, I have been disappointed with his signing as a whole. I don't consider it a successful one at all despite how much I like him. However, when I take into context how badly we're run on and off the field (poor coaching, a severe lack of quality in the squad, etc), I'm more lenient with him because he isn't the type of player who can singlehandedly transform a team despite his price tag, and he's 1 of our only genuine players capable of top quality.
I understand the arguments of a better team better results but united aren’t gonna be that team for at least 3 years so why keep persisting with a player who will assist once every five or six games, hasn’t scored from open play since the middle of February (for club or a better national team) and doesn’t add anything else certainly not defending when under pressure. He needs to be sold for the good of the team especially if he wants to be paid in the region of £30m a year. We aren’t a charity we are a club with issues he doesn’t help solve even though he is the best player. Square pegs and round holes and all that.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
He is a really weak player. He has no leader abilities, not grown much at all. I though he was going to become a physical, quick, technical beast of a complete midfielder. Like a hybrid of Essien, Lampard and Silva. He had the potential to be better than Zidane and any midfielder in the world really with his talent and body. He is big but don't know how to use his body, he is quick but is slow to react where he has to move, he is technical but doesn't apply it with an effective style. It is not just about where he is being played, it is about what he does whenever he is played in certain positions. To me it has been many years now, and he has not developed right. He is more like a hybrid of Messi and Zlatan annoyed he is playing out of position, but we all know he isn't going to turn into either player if he plays in their position.

Sylar

Forget price tag and anything else. If you judge him on that performance, its not good enough. And the issue is you add it up to all the other performances and you think, what is he doing. You can only make so many excuses for him regarding other plays failing around him. But hes not doing enough. He had one or two moments when he drove us forward and could have had an assist for Rashford but thats not enough.

And now im thinking since he joined us, how many of his games stick out that you think 'what a world class player'.
Same time I do think we are wasting him in this stupid formation that doesnt get the best out of anybody.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Can we please, please stop wasting this mans career? Take the money Ed. You can’t be on the fence about making us a midtable team cashing sponsorship cheque’s. You either penny pinch by sending players on loan or refuse 80+mil for Pogba. You can’t have both

Bojan11

Honestly just stick this guy forward. We need goals and didn’t he get 15 last year. So why we playing him deep? Just play whoever deep. I rather at this stage play Phil Jones back in midfield and just tell Pogba to focus on goals. He’s not good at doing the other things especially if the team around him is average.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Honestly just stick this guy forward. We need goals and didn’t he get 15 last year. So why we playing him deep? Just play whoever deep. I rather at this stage play Phil Jones back in midfield and just tell Pogba to focus on goals. He’s not good at doing the other things especially if the team around him is average.
Our manager has no clue

ReallyUSA

Imagine forcing a generational talent back for Lingard. He's being misused and is probably a daunting story to anyone that is thinking about coming to United

Steven-UK

If Pogba was in a conventional business role, or an employee in an employment role, his would be sacked for poor performance and any contract terminated.

You can give him all the excuses you want (and you usually do after every game), but the fact still remains that he really isn't that good. The most hyped up player of a generation.

Imagine forcing a generational talent back for Lingard. He's being misused and is probably a daunting story to anyone that is thinking about coming to United
Oh dear... generational talent? Give over. He is a lazy show pony, nothing else unless you have a habit of watching highlighted clips from years ago.

jackal&hyde

Not a great game by him for sure. He tried but few things worked. Lacks game sharpness i think.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I thought he’s done okay not the best but okay. Considering he lacks of match fitness, it’s expected that he didn’t look sharp enough but he’s nowhere near the issue is. The issue is our front 4 not the midfield & defense.

zenith

He was not bad, but I really hope that ole plays him in an advanced role with a midfield two behind him. He's a goal creator and he absolutely needs to be played on a more advanced role.

norm87cro

The amount of excuses this guy gets from the CAF is appaling. A young defender played out of his position (which resulted in the gifted goal) showed more responsibility getting pressed than Pogba did and he is supposed to be the most technically gifted player in the squad. Had one decent shot that went by the post. And the saddest thing is that he clearly can't be dropped because we have no depth whatsoever. The Dippers are going to tear us a new one and honestly I can see him losing 5 to 6 balls against their press.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

He was not the best and not the worst player on the pitch.
However, we missed an opportunity to move him on for a good price and completely rebuild our midfield with the money.
I have a feeling that he will have an average season at best and then will be sold for 70-80 next summer.

Godfather

Had a good second half. Midfield sure wasn't the problem for us yesterday. It's a shame we have such an incompetent attack and an overwhelmed manager.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Imagine thinking Pogba was a generational talent.
Okay that's debatable.

But really, imagine playing Paul Pogba deeper to play Jesse fecking Lingard. I well never understand why this clueless manager never tries to play pogba at 10 and play Matic/Fred deeper.

midnightmare

Okay that's debatable.

But really, imagine playing Paul Pogba deeper to play Jesse fecking Lingard. I well never understand why this clueless manager never tries to play pogba at 10 and play Matic/Fred deeper.
Common opinion - but the answer really is (probably) that if we played Pogba at 10, we'd not have the ball getting to him. Fred may be a lot of things, but I genuinely don't think he's the answer to any of the issues we have; nor is Matic. Don't think Pogba at 10 has worked for any manager in any team - and it's not for want of trying.

Kostov

God I wish we could bring players like Maddison in January, in order for this clown to leave. Absolute fecking clown of a player.

Dan_F

Was good actually. Until he moved into the number 10 position and disappeared like all our other number 10s. I swear that position is cursed.
If you can’t see the common problem here then I’m afraid football isn’t for you.

Zero chance of the midfield being able to pick him out due to lack of forward passing/quality. No helpful movement from basically anyone, no triangles, passing and moving.

He isn’t blameless, but you can tell the difference between when he’s deeper and when he’s not. He looks frustrated constantly throughout games.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
Torreira marked him out of the game in the first half. In the second he was much better.

Suedesi

He's our best player, but he's playing with shit teammates week in week out, so understandably the joy has been sucked out of his game.

Yeah I get it, he should show a lot more, but I see no movement in front of him, no ball carrier in midfield and no outlet on the RW, so his passing options are limited and he's got to try silly dribbles because every one else is marked.

Status
Not open for further replies.