Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
The news is he has a cold and hasn't trained for a few days, he's scheduled to be back soon. What news have you got that 's leaving?

Unless Pogba doesn't play any minutes until late January I won't believe a word of it personally.
Thanks. I have no news, I hope he is staying.
:lol:
Thanks @JPRouve I hope he is ready for today. Would be a good game to let him build some fitness. Not sure about throwing him into the side in the PL right away. Unless we have injuries. Or, he could just play instead of Lingard which would be fine too on second thought.

crossy1686

career ending
I’m not certain of anything, because I live in East London and don’t know any of the players involved. I’m not qualified to be ‘certain’ of anything.

Even beyond that, I’ve said a million times on here, I’ve seen no evidence of any incident that has signalled some sort of ‘point of no return’ from Pogba. Saying back in June that it ‘may be time for a new challenge’ does not constitute such to me.
I never said there was a point of no return and Pogba will always get into our team in it's current state but a player that actively stated he wanted to leave and have a new challenge in the summer (while on official sponsor duty) has outlined his intentions to leave.

Be certain of whatever you want or don't want but someone saying they want to leave and you ignoring that is pretty strange. I hope you don't treat your partners like that, or is that you Josef Fritzel?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I never said there was a point of no return and Pogba will always get into our team in it's current state but a player that actively stated he wanted to leave and have a new challenge in the summer (while on official sponsor duty) has outlined his intentions to leave.

Be certain of whatever you want or don't want but someone saying they want to leave and you ignoring that is pretty strange. I hope you don't treat your partners like that, or is that you Josef Fritzel?
:confused:

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen

Dude, that's the first comparison that came into your remind? Seriously?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Thanks @JPRouve I hope he is ready for today. Would be a good game to let him build some fitness. Not sure about throwing him into the side in the PL right away. Unless we have injuries. Or, he could just play instead of Lingard which would be fine too on second thought.
But I don't how his recent illness will affect that timeline, he may be a week away from his comeback but if the french press is correct then his ankle is supposed to be ready. An other thing I didn't comment on the article that was published two weeks ago by L'Equipe, that article isn't based on new information and is extremely speculatory, basically Degorre speculates on whether Pogba will leave next summer and he bases it on the fact that Pogba's contract ends in 2021(it doesn't, it ends in 2022 since United have a 1 year extension option), then he says that Pogba doesn't want to force a move and most likely won't. That article was written to sell paper and nothing else, he doesn't know a thing about Pogba's wishes and while it's always possible for a player to move, no one outside of Pogba himself knows if or when it will happen, L'Equipe did the same nonsense when he was in Italy, pretending that they knew that he was Madrid/Barcelona bound.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
But I don't how his recent illness will affect that timeline, he may be a week away from his comeback but if the french press is correct then his ankle is supposed to be ready. An other thing I didn't comment on the article that was published two weeks ago by L'Equipe, that article isn't based on new information and is extremely speculatory, basically Degorre speculates on whether Pogba will leave next summer and he bases it on the fact that Pogba's contract ends in 2021(it doesn't, it ends in 2022 since United have a 1 year extension option), then he says that Pogba doesn't want to force a move and most likely won't. That article was written to sell paper and nothing else, he doesn't know a thing about Pogba's wishes and while it's always possible for a player to move, no one outside of Pogba himself knows if or when it will happen, L'Equipe did the same nonsense when he was in Italy, pretending that they knew that he was Madrid/Barcelona bound.
Our last three league games is very winnable but again we have struggled against those types of teams that play with 10 men behind the ball, he would have been important for us now so it's too bad Pogba has been ill. Him leaving or not aside, just him not being reliable for us this season has really hurt us. I have some tiny blind faith for him left, but I'm also kinda sick of the whole thing. You never know with the guy, never knows.

romufc

Does this apply to all our other long term injured? Or just Pogba?
Should apply to all players. Do you honestly think Pogba's injury was that bad? Normally when a player gets injured it is known what injury and how long he is out for?

Fabinho as an example for injured and straight away it was reported he is out till January.

With Pogba, Ole has said he will be back after the International break two times, and everytime he has been questioned the answer is he isnt quite ready.. and then come December Ole said we might see him before the end of the year.

Now coming to the end of the year, illness has set him back so we wont see him till January.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Should apply to all players. Do you honestly think Pogba's injury was that bad? Normally when a player gets injured it is known what injury and how long he is out for?

Fabinho as an example for injured and straight away it was reported he is out till January.

With Pogba, Ole has said he will be back after the International break two times, and everytime he has been questioned the answer is he isnt quite ready.. and then come December Ole said we might see him before the end of the year.

Now coming to the end of the year, illness has set him back so we wont see him till January.
You can’t ask me what I think of Pogba’s injury as I’m obviously not qualified to say how serious it is. It’s easy for me to say ‘I think it’s not a serious injury’, but in reality, what the feck would I know?

And you’re making things up that he will not be back before January. The very last Press Conference has the manager saying he is expected to be back this month.

The idea that he is pretending to be injured does not exist outside Redcafe. Literally. And in the grand scheme of things, Redcafe are not amongst those entitled to be giving an opinion on the specifics of Pogba’s injury. The manager doesn’t seem to have an issue. The blood thirsty press are not even interested in fabricating a story here. Just John from Somerset who happens to have an internet connection.

The_Midfielder

He is gone isnt he ..
Lets spend the money we get wisely, and we might be a better team.. lookup Coutinho..

romufc

You can’t ask me what I think of Pogba’s injury as I’m obviously not qualified to say how serious it is. It’s easy for me to say ‘I think it’s not a serious injury’, but in reality, what the feck would I know?

And you’re making things up that he will not be back before January. The very last Press Conference has the manager saying he is expected to be back this month.

The idea that he is pretending to be injured does not exist outside Redcafe. Literally. And in the grand scheme of things, Redcafe are not amongst those entitled to be giving an opinion on the specifics of Pogba’s injury. The manager doesn’t seem to have an issue. The blood thirsty press are not even interested in fabricating a story here. Just John from Somerset who happens to have an internet connection.
This is a forum where people give opinions right?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50816540
I am making it up because I believe BBC and quotes from Ole in that article stating "He's been off two days, which is not beneficial. It's probably set him back quite a bit"

Read into that what you will. The manager doesn't have an issue because he isnt a throw a player under the bus manager.

Well, in that case not many of us can post on this forum because most of us are not qualified? on player positions, team line ups because we don't see how they train and we are not coaches?

We should just take what the manager says in the press conference as being true? Even when as fans we think we have played badly and the manager says afterwards it was a good game and the team played well? Because in reality we are not qualified and we don't know what the manager instructed the team to do?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
This is a forum where people give opinions right?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50816540
I am making it up because I believe BBC and quotes from Ole in that article stating "He's been off two days, which is not beneficial. It's probably set him back quite a bit"

Read into that what you will. The manager doesn't have an issue because he isnt a throw a player under the bus manager.

Well, in that case not many of us can post on this forum because most of us are not qualified? on player positions, team line ups because we don't see how they train and we are not coaches?

We should just take what the manager says in the press conference as being true? Even when as fans we think we have played badly and the manager says afterwards it was a good game and the team played well? Because in reality we are not qualified and we don't know what the manager instructed the team to do?
That’s stupid. Everyone gets to watch the match, therefore, we are entitled to give an opinion on a match we have seen. You can even have an opinion on Pogba’s hair if you like, because you can see it.

You cannot possibly be in a position to speak on the detail of Pogba’s injury; that much is obvious. Making up a theory on whether or not an injury is real or not is ridiculous. If the press were even hinting at it, then it is fair. It is only fair because, they are a lot more likely to have a source who is actually in the know than you are. They are not. The player is seen around the club, at games, at Carrington, and is constantly gushed over by his manager when questioned. Despite all of this, you have decided that you will believe that he is not injured at all. If you even knew the player, maybe in the past, enough to have a character reference, then fair enough. But you don’t. You literally have no clue what you’re talking about, but have still developed a wildly fantastical theory.

This idea that Pogba is faking his injury has grown way too many legs and found too many sympathisers on here. It’s basically an indirect character reference, and says a lot more of how those people see others than it does or the player.

He'sRaldo

This idea that Pogba is faking his injury has grown way too many legs and found too many sympathisers on here. It’s basically an indirect character reference, and says a lot more of how those people see others than it does or the playe
The idea was seen as laughable at the beginning, no idea why it's grown legs with time. Nothing's changed that I'm aware of.

romufc

That’s stupid. Everyone gets to watch the match, therefore, we are entitled to give an opinion on a match we have seen. You can even have an opinion on Pogba’s hair if you like, because you can see it.

You cannot possibly be in a position to speak on the detail of Pogba’s injury; that much is obvious. Making up a theory on whether or not an injury is real or not is ridiculous. If the press were even hinting at it, then it is fair. It is only fair because, they are a lot more likely to have a source who is actually in the know than you are. They are not. The player is seen around the club, at games, at Carrington, and is constantly gushed over by his manager when questioned. Despite all of this, you have decided that you will believe that he is not injured at all. If you even knew the player, maybe in the past, enough to have a character reference, then fair enough. But you don’t. You literally have no clue what you’re talking about, but have still developed a wildly fantastical theory.

This idea that Pogba is faking his injury has grown way too many legs and found too many sympathisers on here. It’s basically an indirect character reference, and says a lot more of how those people see others than it does or the player.
How do you know what the managers instruction to players are before criticising players then? We all go on about Lingard yet Ole praises him, surely he must be doing things right if we use your logic ?

In respects to Pogba, I did not say he faked an injury.. don't put words in. I stated it seems like excuse after excuse. The whole thing seems weird from when it started. Pogba was injured and played 120 mins of a League cup game then 6 days later played 90 mins Vs Arsenal. If someone is injured you don't play them. Since then, no one has come out and said what injury he has, just seen him rehabilitating in Dubai and all sorts. Yes he has been at games because he has to as a Manchester United player fulfil his obligations too.

The press isnt going to put article out saying Pogba is faking an injury, that will never happen. Very coincidentally, Pogba is ill a day before he is meant to start training ?

This is all fuelled because most fans know Pogba wants to leave, he has mentioned over the summer he wants a new challenge, his agent has come out over the summer and stated similar, and his brother.

I have no clue what I am talking about, but at least I am commenting based on things being said by Pogba and his team.

Why hasn't the nature of his injury been revealed?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Pogba was always out until December. The first initial injury made him come back faster, then when the reinjury happened they revaluated and found a stress fracture, so that required a longer period to heal.

Pogba IS ON his schedule, but being ill hasn't helped. If he hadn't been at his brothers wedding would people even be bothered?. He'll be back when he's ready, and it will be soon.

VJ1762

Lots of conflicting reports surrounding Pogba's injury and illness. Are we sure we are going to see him play for us again?

LJJT

My personal view is that he will be gone in January. Of course no one of us fans really knows but it’s all very strange how long it’s taken to recover, the basketball playing, dancing. Find it odd getting a cold sets the recovery back so much. We’ve only a couple of games left of 2019 one is this Sunday so don’t think he will be back for this year like Ole said he would be.

Classical Mechanic

Isn't the Athletic well respected too?
It's Laurie Whitwell, he was at the Mail before joining them. Truth be told I'd never heard of him before he made the move but I've read plenty of the stuff he's done in the Athletic and it's pretty good. He's definitely got decent contacts in the club. He does say in the article that some of his United sources are still optimistic about Pogba and his future with the club but a few are starting to question what's going on.

But yes, The Athletic's MO was to sign up the best connected journalists on the local beats for all the big clubs.

Last edited:

Ancient Of Days

He's definitely leaving sooner rather than later and who can blame him really?

Why would he rush himself back just to serve as the club's scapegoat?

The amount of abuse and vitriol aimed towards him since he's been here through the media and by our very own ''supporters'' I think he's done well to stay so long.

Especially after that fan at the end of last season verbally abusing him

You can't expect any loyalty from a player who is clearly not welcomed by the support

cyberman

He's definitely leaving sooner rather than later and who can blame him really?

Why would he rush himself back just to serve as the club's scapegoat?

The amount of abuse and vitriol aimed towards him since he's been here through the media and by our very own ''supporters'' I think he's done well to stay so long.

Especially after that fan at the end of last season verbally abusing him

You can't expect any loyalty from a player who is clearly not welcomed by the support
Loyalty and professionalisim are two different things

Ancient Of Days

Loyalty and professionalisim are two different things
Let's say he is being unprofessional which you don't even know and is out there somewhere dancing, skating and doing martial arts practice in his spare time, even if hes doing all those things, he's within his right not to want to return and face more abuse.

It's time our fanbase hold some accountability. Treat your best players like shit and they will not want to play for the club again and who'd have thought!

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Let's say he is being unprofessional which you don't even know and is out there somewhere dancing, skating and doing martial arts practice in his spare time, even if hes doing all those things, he's within his right not to want to return and face more abuse.

It's time our fanbase hold some accountability. Treat your best players like shit and they will not want to play for the club again and who'd have thought!
If he’s doing that it proves the criticism was justified though. He’s not been treated like shit anyway. Doubt he reads the caf. The only abuse was that nob that had words with him pitchside that time, which admittedly wouldn’t make you feel very welcome. He’s had plenty of opportunity to make the fans warm to more but not exactly grasped it.

ash_86

I don't know where i read it but the article was saying that it was Ole that was actually pissed off with Pogba and is keeping him out of the squad. We saw how Lukaku was sent packing and the reasons we heard from Ole sounds oddly similar to what's happing with Pogba. Ofcourse it might all be bullshit and maybe Pogba is truly ill but just saying that we've seen this happen to another high profile player who wants to leave the club.

dev1l

He wants to leave but no club made an offer which the Woody considers acceptable.
The question is, should we sell at a lower price or force Pogba to respect the contract he signed, even if he s not happy?

Ancient Of Days

If he’s doing that it proves the criticism was justified though. He’s not been treated like shit anyway. Doubt he reads the caf. The only abuse was that nob that had words with him pitchside that time, which admittedly wouldn’t make you feel very welcome. He’s had plenty of opportunity to make the fans warm to more but not exactly grasped it.
Not just the fans but the british media has targeted him and made it seem as if all United's problems are down to Pogba.

And what do you mean he's not grasped the chance to warm to the fans?

He was our top scorer and top assister last season and instead of receiving praise he recieves abuse and then the cherry on top is that Luke fecking Shaw receives player of the season ahead of him! :lol:

That is some twisted kind of joke right there. Luke Shaw who can't even turn up in shape and to play games half of the time, gets far more respect and support than our best player.

Now you tell me if that makes any sense!

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Which opportunities are you talking about bro?
Just time and games really. It's never really seemed like he's tried to work on his flaws while here to me.

Not just the fans but the british media has targeted him and made it seem as if all United's problems are down to Pogba.

He was our top scorer and top assister last season and instead of receiving praise he recieves abuse and then the cherry on top is that Luke fecking Shaw receives player of the season ahead of him! :lol:

That is some twisted kind of joke right there. Luke Shaw who can't even turn up in shape and to play games half of the time, gets far more respect and support than our best player.

I deffo see what you're saying, although I'd say Shaw won because he stood out on the pitch perhaps, possibly more because we finally saw some decent fullback performances after so long with nothing on show there, even if they weren't anything special in reality. Pogba stood out with certain stats, but less so on the pitch most of the time.

el3mel

I honestly can't get my head how this thread reached 96 pages while him playing 6 matches only. I checked and I found myself only posting 27 times in this, while many posters have close to 100 and the top poster has a whooping 288 posts. Seriously ? The most active thread among all other players despite pretty much missing the first half of the season. :lol: What do people discuss here ?

Last edited:

wrinklydong

I honestly can't get my head how this thread reached 96 pages while him playing 6 matches only. I checked and I found myself only posting 27 times in this, while many posters have close to 100 and the top poster have a whooping 288 posts. Seriously ? The most active thread among all other players despite pretty much missing the first half of the season. :lol: What do people discuss here ?
Its the "is she flirting with me or just being friendly?" situation again. And based on my experiences with the ladies, i can't tell.

RedTiger

Half mast
I honestly can't get my head how this thread reached 96 pages while him playing 6 matches only. I checked and I found myself only posting 27 times in this, while many posters have close to 100 and the top poster have a whooping 288 posts. Seriously ? The most active thread among all other players despite pretty much missing the first half of the season. :lol: What do people discuss here ?
Probably the same things discussed as in the Gomes thread.

Rish Sawhney

I'm not buying the recent "Ole has frozen Pogba out" theory either. He mentioned him in the Colchester post match press conference without being prompted and said we're got a world class player coming back soon. So its obvious Ole doesn't think Pogba is faking or not doing enough to come back quickly. Its most likely he's being allowed to heal fully without being rushed back.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United

When we were going through our purple patch Pogba was one of the main contributors to that and he rightly deserved all the praise he was getting from fans and media alike. On the flip side when we played for almost 3 months like a team of strangers Pogba was notable in his absence. Of course its a team game win or lose but Pogba has built up this aura of being a world class player so of course he's going to be put under more scrutiny than someone who isn't expected to perform at a higher level.

Why is it a twisted joke about Shaw winning the POTY? Pogba performed great for a 2 or 3 month period, the other 6 months he wasn't actually very good whereas Shaw performed at a more consistent level for longer, although I have to say no one deserved POTY last season.

You seem to think because one prick abused him Pogba doesn't have to show loyalty towards the club. I call BS on that. He's first and foremost a professional and if he gets upset because of one person then maybe he doesn't have the mentality to reach the very top. Or another way to look at it is it'll be very good experience for him if he does feck off to Madrid because there their supporters are ruthless. I would wish him good luck but it would be very tongue in cheek.

lsd

The Oracle

Gomes has 84 pages mostly full of Ole doesn't know what he us doing as gomes is clearly the greatest player ever and feck Lingard

Status
Not open for further replies.