6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

edgecutter

He's head and shoulders above anything else we have in midfield. It was a shit pen, but shit happens. Hopefully this removes him from pen duty and he comes back stronger from it.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
He's head and shoulders above anything else we have in midfield. It was a shit pen, but shit happens. Hopefully this removes him from pen duty and he comes back stronger from it.
There’s no disputing he’s head and shoulders above anything else we have, but that’s due to the rest being shite and not because Pogba is actually that good.

Alabaster Codify7

Never felt confident with Pogba taking penalties, as soon as he took the ball I said 'miss'.

No more, please. Ole, grow a pair and stick to the decision of who takes them.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Apparently he was racially abused on twitter due to missing a penalty in a game of football.

The world is full of wankers.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Apparently he was racially abused on twitter due to missing a penalty in a game of football.

The world is full of wankers.
Already a thread on it, mate.

I hope he gets a great reaction at Old Trafford against Palace.

Posh Red

There’s no disputing he’s head and shoulders above anything else we have, but that’s due to the rest being shite and not because Pogba is actually that good.
Weren't you the poster saying something along the lines of 'regularly puts in 1/10 performances'? You'll forgive me for not taking your posts too seriously :lol:

chb23

He was decent and worked hard in the deeper role. When he managed to get forward more you could see he had the potential to impact the game more so it was a shame we didn't try to get him forward more towards the end.

It was a great run and unfortunately penalties do get saved every now and again. I think we should lay off him, he's the only one in our midfield capable of being in a top 4 team across the world. We are putting too much emphasis onto his performances because we have no one else who is capable in that midfield. That's the club's fault, not his.

Reiver

I think he's had a good couple of games so far. Does he over complicate things at times? Yes. But I can forgive him that for the positives he brings to the team. He's been quite disciplined in the two with McTominay, and I had my doubts about whether he could manage it, but he's done well so far.
Part of me thinks we should play him at 10. Or, if not exactly that position, do away with it, play another midfielder and let Pogba have a more free role further forward. That driving run for the penalty last night shows what he can do. I'd like to see more of it and the best way to get that is by playing him further forward. Just don't think we'll see him at his best in his current role/position.

Raven

People throwing their toys out of the pram again. He was good yesterday, other than 15 minutes in the second half, we pretty much controlled the game, that's down to our defense and midfield.

ArjenIsM3

People throwing their toys out of the pram again. He was good yesterday, other than 15 minutes in the second half, we pretty much controlled the game, that's down to our defense and midfield.
No it's not. That was down to our defence more than anything. We often had to resort to passing the ball around the back four because there was nobody available in midfield. Wolves had our midfield locked down. We often had to resort to passing the ball from our fullbacks to our wingers to get out of the press.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I was one of the first to say get rid in the summer, especially when there was time to get two others in for the same money. That's still another discussion.

However, he's been good both games so far. Good attitude, more tactically disciplined etc. Was a bit sloppy at times in both games and missed a pen, but these things happen and it's not a big deal missing a penalty. Hope he keeps up the good work he has done.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Weren't you the poster saying something along the lines of 'regularly puts in 1/10 performances'? You'll forgive me for not taking your posts too seriously :lol:
Certainly am.
1/10 was obviously a bit of an exaggeration but I do think he’s absolutely shite for around 85 minutes of a game, with a few moments of brilliance thrown in during the other 5. And that’s nearly every game.

Freeney

Supports
Djibouti FC
Was the best player on the pitch yesterday. At first i wasn't that fussed that we didnt get another midfielder, but after watching yesterdays game we desperately need another player who is comftorble in possession so that Pogba can be more attacking sometimes instead of always having to collect the ball from the defense.
It's a shame that Lingard doesn't have Pogbas passing or creativity because i do like his energy and pressing which is perfect for this formation.

marktan

I think he's wasted personally in the deeper holding role. It'd be like playing De Bruyne as the DM. It makes no sense when both those players best qualities are attacking ones, as we saw with the run for the penalty yesterday.

romufc

I think he's wasted personally in the deeper holding role. It'd be like playing De Bruyne as the DM. It makes no sense when both those players best qualities are attacking ones, as we saw with the run for the penalty yesterday.
Yes that's why France use him deeper to waste him.

Pogba is a player who can control a game and run with the ball.

Playing him as a number 10 makes no sense. He doesn't press, and is easily marked out the game in that position, and not to mention there is no one to pass the ball to him if he plays there.

AaronRedDevil

I dislike his positioning on the pitch. Always thought he should be in a way more attacking position. Everytime our defenders have the ball pogba is always too close to them, which makes passing to him pointless. He doesn't seem to go further away and be open for a good pass. Always seems to be in useless parts of the pitch unless he long balls it over to the strikers. He's a damn good player. But he can easily be better

youmeletsfly

He was playing in a more defensive role and was still contributing to the offensive.
Yes, he did miss a penalty, but other than that he was more than good.

deleon

I thought the way he played the deeper role in the first half was pretty good, and the best way bring some consistency out of him.

He helped retain possession in a congested midfield, and regularly moved the ball into dangerous areas. He was less involved in the final third, but that also meant the defence was less exposed.

We'd have no build up play if he's moved further forward.

Canagel

I wish we had another two of him in the midfield. Then we can be a really top team.

Ronaldo's Love Child

Pogba still has the bad habit of holding on to possession for far too long instead of making the pass when it's available there and then.

It's not bad judgement, it's not circumstance it is Pogba's trait and I'm surprised we haven't tried to coach him out of it. I am tired of seeing him hold on to the ball far longer than necessary or dribbling past a few players when a simple pass would suffice. He is no Zidane. The great players keep the ball longer to ultimately find that killer pass or make that killer dribble that unlocks a defence but it seems Pogba just likes to keep the ball longer than he needs to.

Pierluigi Casiraghi

He was alright. Not gonna give shit about missing a pen, he didn't do that silly run up and try to be too clever, pens get missed sometimes.

Full bodied red

At least he didn't go missing last night as he did so often last year. So a genuine improvement in that respect

I don't agree with those on here who try to make out that he's World Class. I don't think he's anywhere near World Class - not yet, anyway.

But I will agree with those who reckon he's head and shoulders better than all our other MFs, so it'll be a pity if today's racism story causes him to go backwards to the sulky non-hero we had to endure for large parts of last season.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
At least he didn't go missing last night as he did so often last year. So a genuine improvement in that respect

I don't agree with those on here who try to make out that he's World Class. I don't think he's anywhere near World Class - not yet, anyway.

But I will agree with those who reckon he's head and shoulders better than all our other MFs, so it'll be a pity if today's racism story causes him to go backwards to the sulky non-hero we had to endure for large parts of last season.
He doesn't have the consistency to be world class but his top level is undoubtably world class, just doesn't do it often enough.

Irwin99

this one?
Lovely pass. Shows that Wolves kind of sat off us and let us have the ball which surprised me as I thought they'd press a bit harder.

I don't think people are giving their keeper enough credit for the penalty save which was pretty good. There was a fair bit of power behind the shot. Was disappointed he missed it but could happen to anyone.

Rauður Djöfull

Way to unstable, had moments like that pass for Rashford but also saw him a few times just walking around looking like he gave no fecks.
Than of course he had to take the pen and I just knew he would miss. It was just to typical. Worst thing is he is easily our best player as you most know or agree on. Needs to get his head in order. Hopefully he'll know to stay away from penalties for awhile now.

Of course you can always miss and had he scored he would have been hero since he also won the penalty but he has missed now 4 or 5 in the past year, simply too many when we have other players who have better conversation rates.

OldTrevil

It's like some people watch a different game, Pogba was constantly moving looking to receive a well-angled forward pass from the defense but they regularly hesitated for a second or two, and then eventually had to circle the ball from left to right and rinse and repeat. Our defenders still have a lot to prove on the ball, to be fair their job is made harder by the fact that we only have one midfielder who can build the game from deep. They have a small margin of error, hesitating for even a second means that two opposition players are already on Pogba.

Lee565

Thought he did really well in the first half, not so much in the second but he cant do everything himself, u would be concerned about using him in a deep role long term as that is not getting the best out of him when already have very few high quality attacking threats and it will sink his valuation because deep lying playmakers never go for massive amounts of money.

He was very good yesterday. These are the sort of performances he needs to be doing.
Agree. He was playing a much simpler game yesterday and it was good to see. He wasn't trying to do everything himself.

He dropped off in the second half but that was because Wolves pushed us and the game became too frantic. Critics need to get over the idea that he should be controlling the game, he's obviously not that kind of player. He will make things happen but we need someone else to control the tempo and slow things down when we're under pressure like that.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
It's getting to the stage where I'm almost feeling kinda embarrassed that he is playing for United with all the attention and crap that is unfairly heaped on him. People don't have the haircuts to blame for anything he does anymore so have to always find something else. I wouldn't blame him one little bit if he left United and part of me is thinking that he should probably go somewhere else where he would be appreciated more. It's getting really embarrassing.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
The Paul Pogba witch hunt infuriates me. He's contributed more to the team than the likes of Lingard, Mata and Sanchez and yet, all you see is people going on and on about his haircuts, his dabs and how much of a liability he is.

Some of the criticism has been over the top and personal.

I think the likes of Neville and Souness only has to tolerate for a while more. I'm pretty sure he'll leave in the next two years tops, and go on and be a qualified success where he goes. As a United fan, I can only hope we replace him properly.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Was the best player on the pitch yesterday. At first i wasn't that fussed that we didnt get another midfielder, but after watching yesterdays game we desperately need another player who is comftorble in possession so that Pogba can be more attacking sometimes instead of always having to collect the ball from the defense.
It's a shame that Lingard doesn't have Pogbas passing or creativity because i do like his energy and pressing which is perfect for this formation.
The player you're asking for is Angel Gomes IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.