6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

HowYouDoin

Say what you will, Pogba can be an excellent player. Now I am his critic and I wanted to get rid of him 2 yrs ago but hey when youre good, youre good. And Pogba is very good, no question there.
The reason why we arent nearly as good as last year is because Matic-Pogba-Bruno was a very formidable midfield. We created a ton and on a good day we absolutely dominated.

What changed this year is that Matic just completely lost his legs, he is our worst option and Pogba also wasnt himself to start the season so instead we decided to play Fred and McT who at least provide a lot of running and defensive safety. The correct choice was probably playing Fred and Pogba like we did vs Sevilla, just replacing Matic with Fred but oh well, what is done is done.

Either way best for both parties to move on but Pogba is still a good player. It just hasnt worked out. Its almost like it wasnt meant to work out. Wasnt meant to be I guess.
If we had Matic of last year when he was still good, if that midfield still worked, you would have seen more of Pogba.

Just time to move on.

Real Name

Bla bla and future is far. Said nothing basically but will satisfy some of his fans. If only he told his agent to stop talking but we want watch that movie.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Thought he was OK, probably one of his better performances this season which tells you about his level of performances this season. It's also no surprising comsidering it was quite slow tempo game, and he likes those.

Web of Bissaka

The reason why we arent nearly as good as last year is because Matic-Pogba-Bruno was a very formidable midfield. We created a ton and on a good day we absolutely dominated.

What changed this year is that Matic just completely lost his legs, he is our worst option and Pogba also wasnt himself to start the season so instead we decided to play Fred and McT who at least provide a lot of running and defensive safety. The correct choice was probably playing Fred and Pogba like we did vs Sevilla, just replacing Matic with Fred but oh well, what is done is done.

Either way best for both parties to move on but Pogba is still a good player. It just hasnt worked out. Its almost like it wasnt meant to work out. Wasnt meant to be I guess.
If we had Matic of last year when he was still good, if that midfield still worked, you would have seen more of Pogba.

Just time to move on.
Since when?
I'm sure you meant last season specifically this year last June to August... which is still wrong.

That midfield is leaky as hell, and succumb easily to high pressure, lose possession easily in return, poor defense support and never dominated games. To be fair, they did create the highest number of chances when we're attacking compare to when any of Fred and McT repalce one of them, but then once we lost possession, teams counter-attacked us hard passing by our midfield with ease. I believe why they create more chances is more on to by design --> opposing teams let them have the ball until more and more spaces created in our half as our players moving up. Both of them are also good at creating attacks of course, better than Fred and McT when attacking.

Matic already lost his legs before then since year 2018. Nothing recent. What helped him is having Herrera, McT and then Fred to provide him the "legs" or rather to be specific --> "energy" and "support". Pairing up with one of them is a must, not Pogba as his partner.

Web of Bissaka

Bla bla and future is far. Said nothing basically but will satisfy some of his fans. If only he told his agent to stop talking but we want watch that movie.
"Bla bla" reveals a lot of how half-hearted his statement is. He's doing it under instruction by the club. Have to... if he wants to get his wishes to leave the club. #talktothehand isn't it, so sad.

But that'll appease the gullible Pogba FC enough to believe in him back and defending him.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Your agent talks shit about your employer
You talk shit about the news caused by your own agent, calling them not important even though your dear life depends on it
That's how mafia works
Stupid mafia
Mafia without balls

AneRu

Since when?
I'm sure you meant last season specifically this year last June to August... which is still wrong.

That midfield is leaky as hell, and succumb easily to high pressure, lose possession easily in return, poor defense support and never dominated games. To be fair, they did create the highest number of chances when we're attacking compare to when any of Fred and McT repalce one of them, but then once we lost possession, teams counter-attacked us hard passing by our midfield with ease. I believe why they create more chances is more on to by design --> opposing teams let them have the ball until more and more spaces created in our half as our players moving up. Both of them are also good at creating attacks of course, better than Fred and McT when attacking.

Matic already lost his legs before then since year 2018. Nothing recent. What helped him is having Herrera, McT and then Fred to provide him the "legs" or rather to be specific --> "energy" and "support". Pairing up with one of them is a must, not Pogba as his partner.
You are right, Pogba is not the right partner for Matic because he doesn't have the ability to provide energy to help Matic out defensively and he is also loose with the ball which exposes the team to the high press. Pogba is just no good in a deeper role.

We should have sold him in the summer of 2019 and brought in Bruno who was available then. We should sell him now and use the funds to purchase a No.6 or No.8 that will give us creativity and control from deep. Anything else is just a waste of time and I fear, money, because Raiola's statement was designed to smoke out Woodward who will likely panic and offer him the monstrous deal he wants.

Superunknown

This won't happen. Sorry to be a debbie downer after a decent performance, but he's done this multiple times now. It's always short lived. Might be a bit longer now if he has to wait til the end of the season to leave.
Unfortunately, I completely agree with you on this one and this is most likely what will happen.

Godfather

Who cares honestly. We've had so many players talk shit outside the field. Let him put in decent performances like that and feck him off in the summer if he wants to. End of. We have bigger issues than him and his agent.

Heardy

What o can’t quite get my ahead around is other players supporting/liking his Instagram announcement etc.

Youd think they’d be as annoyed at it as we are. Unless they, like pogba, appear to give very little fecks about united and the problem is far worse than we thought.

TsuWave

Thought he was professional in his display today. Ship him out in Jan for some cash. Sir Alex was so right in not paying what he wanted before he pouted his way off to Juve long ago.
These many years and this dumb myth still persists. Both Rio & Evra have said Ferguson tried his hardest to keep him, including sending both to his house to convince him to stay

Himannv

Decent performance. Very good against the press sometimes (and I don't mean journalists).

I'm not really paying much attention to what he and his agent are saying. That circus is not really important anymore.

Dve

He said nothing, literally. He only said what matters is present, the future is far, and everything is clear between him and the club. This doesn't commit him to the club at all. There's no single word in the Instagram post that indicates he's going to stay or leave. He's just saying he's focusing on the present or won't talk about the future. Please read it again.

That's from this perspective.

But the ridiculous notion is him labelling talking about him leaving as bla bla bla when this literally came from his own agent. Neither journalist nor fans invented it, it's his agent who came and talked about him leaving and that his career here is over.
I think it´s pretty easy to read what he´s saying. He´s saying he is not staying, but as long as he is here, he´ll give his all. And I believe that.

DavelinaJolie

It is purposeful non-commital communication. You can read into it what you want, but the only things he is making clear is that he'll put effort in and Comms between him and the club are clear.

In the wider context of events this week, it would suggest:
He wants to leave (he hasn't refuted the statement of Raiola or committed to the club for the future).
He has informed the club he wants to leave.

OldTrevil

He was one of our best performers, his passing and vision were excellent as is often the case, and defensively he was very solid protecting the left side. He also combined very well with Fred in all phases of the game. The middle 3 in particular of Pogba, Fred and McT made a very combative unit, with City finding it very difficult to threaten our goal. The midfield also gave a good platform for Bruno and co to attack, who unfortunately were not at the races and made a multitude of technical and decision-making errors.

DoomSlayer

What is with Pogba and him always either shushing people or telling them to "talk to the hand"? Who is he even targeting with those messages right now???

SuperiorXI

Thought he played really well and my MOTM but should be nowhere near the team. I think it's weak from Ole to be playing him since he hasn't apologised and refuted the claims.

This isn't just press gossip (which I expect him to ignore) it is his agent who is his main representative.

Godfather

Thought he played really well and my MOTM but should be nowhere near the team. I think it's weak from Ole to be playing him since he hasn't apologised and refuted the claims.

This isn't just press gossip (which I expect him to ignore) it is his agent who is his main representative.
That's a bit odd no?

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass

I agree. I dont think Ferguson would have played him if he was in a similar position.

Haddock

Like Rooney? Actually Rooney was worse. He questioned the club's ambition himself
See I don't have a problem with Ole playing Pogba if he knuckes down and plays properly till he's sold but re: Rooney.

1. Rooney was right because we pissed the Ronaldo money away on Obertan and co. refused to sign a midfielder (the "no value in the market years") after Hargreaves was crocked. Post Fergie he was absolutely proven right. This very forum had a thread called 'zombie passing' because of how piss poor our midfield options were.

2. He's this club's top scorer - five fecking league titles and the champions league, numerous comebacks from the brink, some of the best goals we will ever see in United colours, and one of the most selfless footballers on the pitch but he still gets shit here because he dared to be scouse, fat and question a bullshit transfer policy. Pogba on the other hand has found plenty of defenders on this site despite contributing feck all by comparison.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
See I don't have a problem with Ole playing Pogba if he knuckes down and plays properly till he's sold but re: Rooney.

1. Rooney was right because we pissed the Ronaldo money away on Obertan and co. refused to sign a midfielder (the "no value in the market years") after Hargreaves was crocked. Post Fergie he was absolutely proven right. This very forum had a thread called 'zombie passing' because of how piss poor our midfield options were.

2. He's this club's top scorer - five fecking league titles and the champions league, numerous comebacks from the brink, some of the best goals we will ever see in United colours, and one of the most selfless footballers on the pitch but he still gets shit here because he dared to be scouse, fat and question a bullshit transfer policy. Pogba on the other hand has found plenty of defenders on this site despite contributing feck all by comparison.
1. We haven’t signed the players we need in the time Pogba has been here just as much as we didnt when we sold Ronaldo.

2. Regardless of what he did in a far greater team, albeit also a far greater player, does not give him the right to try to force through a move to City and question SAF. Not a single player has contributed much of anything bar DeGea in seven seasons so let’s not pretend it’s any individuals fault. No player for me is bigger than united though and if they want to leave Manchester United they can go, and certainly they shouldn’t be playing.

Highlyevolved

It was evident against RB in the second half Pogba’s abilities. He made our midfield more dynamic and works well with Bruno. Would be a shame to see him leave, but if he does I think they should try and do a deal for Mbappé. Pogba might want to try PSG, Mbappé reportedly wants out, Barca, Madrid and Liverpool reportedly in no place to buy. We could have an open door to a deal for one of the top young players in world football.

eire-red

He just makes you want to pull your hair out. With Paul, unfortunately it's a case of what could have been, and it's likely how we'll look back at his career at United.

With his abilities, if he just had the drive and discipline he could be that midfield dynamo we're just crying out for to provide some class from deep.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
I'm not a Pogba fan by any means, but was quietly surprised by his performance on the LW vs City. I mean, it's not a long term option at all, but it seemed like he gave a sh*t and tried. The fact that he has a good first touch and is a quick one touch passer creates space quickly in the final third. Something we don't get when we play Rashford as he's better dribbling and attacking the full back.

The other thing about having Pogba higher up the pitch is that he's less likely to be a total liability in our own box - the guy is an abysmal defender.

I think Pogba playing as an impact sub on the LW or in the #10 (giving Bruno a break) should be the way forward until he's eventually sold.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Not really, what he did was not okay. Allowing him to be in the team playing makes it seem okay and is not a good look to the rest of the squad.
With Raiola back tracking recently it's clear HE was the one who spoke out of term. Obviously Pogba behind the scenes has made it clear he wants to leave - but he didn't ask him to go public like that.

I think Ole will know whether Pogba is genuinely trying or not, he saw that with Sanchez and Lukaku they weren't so he got rid ASAP.

With Pogba he obviously believes in him and feels like he is giving his all, so he plays him. Whether Pogba wants to leave at the end of his contract is up to him really isn't it? they are professionals after all. It's frustrating but that's just how it is.

We will probably sell him this summer but until then Ole will keep playing him unless he down tools.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Pogba will be gone in the summer hopefully he follows through with giving 100%. Bizarrely he’s put in more effort over the last 2/3 games than I’ve seen in a long time from him.

He’s in decent form but will never live up to expectations (at United)

SuperiorXI

With Raiola back tracking recently it's clear HE was the one who spoke out of term. Obviously Pogba behind the scenes has made it clear he wants to leave - but he didn't ask him to go public like that.

I think Ole will know whether Pogba is genuinely trying or not, he saw that with Sanchez and Lukaku they weren't so he got rid ASAP.

With Pogba he obviously believes in him and feels like he is giving his all, so he plays him. Whether Pogba wants to leave at the end of his contract is up to him really isn't it? they are professionals after all. It's frustrating but that's just how it is.

We will probably sell him this summer but until then Ole will keep playing him unless he down tools.
Raiola is his representative and being an experienced agent has many high profile clients all across the football world over many years. Do you really believe he acted randomly of his own volition?

I believe he has backtracked because the club has had a word and out of damage limitation he is trying to protect himself for future dealings with the club. We should steer WELL clear. He is a clown and a detriment to those he works with.

One thing is for sure Pogba needs to be phased out and we need to build the team around a different player, Bruno is perfect for this and fits the bill. If we can create a midfield that compliments and gets the best out of him we'll be in business.

Adam-Utd

Do you really believe he acted randomly of his own volition?
Yes, he always talks very loosely and loves to talk in riddles. He wasn't even speaking publically, he talked directly to an Italian paper who was covering the Balon D'or. I doubt he even expected it to go public or as big as it did.

He has a history of blabbing and then back tracking - and this time Pogba DID go public with a statement which is unusual. Clearly he wasn't happy this time.

SuperiorXI

Yes, he always talks very loosely and loves to talk in riddles. He wasn't even speaking publically, he talked directly to an Italian paper who was covering the Balon D'or. I doubt he even expected it to go public or as big as it did.

He has a history of blabbing and then back tracking - and this time Pogba DID go public with a statement which is unusual. Clearly he wasn't happy this time.
If it is the case that he has done this on his own then it is an extremely careless thing to do and should be red flags to his other/potential clients.

I highly doubt he did it without checking first. This is Pogba, he creates headlines every time he gets his hair cut and is playing for Manchester United no less, one of the worlds most famous and well known clubs. There is no proving whether he checked first or not but I think it's more likely that he did check... either that or isn't doing his job properly as a representative.

Chief123

I’ve been desperate for Pogba to smash it for us for nearly 5 years now.

The problem is his two extremes are too far apart. On his day he’s amazing, but there’s too many days where he’s not only poor, he’s actually a liability. If we have any ambitions of winning honours we can’t have a key player having such distance between the two extremes.

The whole reason the fan base is split on him is because of the variation of which performances each fan focuses on.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
It's really a price tag problem, isn't it? A 100M€ player should be on double digits with scoring + assisting and drive the team forward. Unfortunatelly, not going to happen here and his market value decreased in the meanwhile.

Adam-Utd

It's really a price tag problem, isn't it? A 100M€ player should be on double digits with scoring + assisting and drive the team forward. Unfortunatelly, not going to happen here and his market value decreased in the meanwhile.
Not from Central midfield though in a 2 man midfield? how is that possible. Name 1 other midfielder who does that.

The one season he played more as a 10 he DID get double figures scoring and assisting. People seem to forget that for some strange reason.

This year has obviously been bad for him in terms of injuries and performances, but his past few years have been nowhere near as bad as people make out.

I think we actually forget his first few season consisted of him playing alongside Fellaini in midfield, Having Pereira and Lingard at CAM. He's a good player but not a magician.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Not from Central midfield though in a 2 man midfield? how is that possible. Name 1 other midfielder who does that.

The one season he played more as a 10 he DID get double figures scoring and assisting. People seem to forget that for some strange reason.

This year has obviously been bad for him in terms of injuries and performances, but his past few years have been nowhere near as bad as people make out.

I think we actually forget his first few season consisted of him playing alongside Fellaini in midfield, Having Pereira and Lingard at CAM. He's a good player but not a magician.
Even that season when he played as a 10, he only performed for 3 months. The rest of the months were shocking, he only scored 2 league goals in 3 months of football and those two were penalties, surprisingly players voted him in PFA TOTY based on 3 months performance. His problem been inconsistency. He only show 3 or 4 months period of consistency in 10 months.

Adam-Utd

Even that season when he played as a 10, he only performed for 3 months. The rest of the months were shocking, he only scored 2 league goals in 3 months of football and those two were penalties, surprisingly players voted him in PFA TOTY based on 3 months performance. His problem been inconsistency. He only show 3 or 4 months period of consistency in 10 months.

Only listed as an AM twice in that red square?

Anyway, yes consistency has always been his issue - but the bigger issue is he never had anybody else to pick up the slack when he was off the boil.

Similarly to Fernandes right now, if he performs badly where else are the goals coming from? people will start (and have already) turning on him when he has a bad game because we expect them to win it by themselves. It's not healthy.

The biggest issue is we seem to play him closer to the defence rather than the attack and that just doesn't suit his style of play. I have no idea why we haven't tried a proper 4-3-3 with him and fernandes at the tip, maybe the lack of a proper CDM?

Status
Not open for further replies.