Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dante

Average bang
Because he plays well when in the shop window desperate to leave
Possibly. But it's not worth worrying about when the situation is a win-win-win.

United get a top midfielder for a season, Pogba gets the move he wants, the buying club get a player in form in the summer.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Very very good today, that turn in the build up to rashys second was sublime, still a knob.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I feel a casual DM behind him in Matic makes him look worse. Thought he started poorly with the rest of the team of course. But overall he played well, some really really good pieces of skill and always took care of the ball.

Irwin99

Well I’m not afraid to admit I was turning the air blue when he managed to carelessly lose the ball three fecking times in a row, right before he started the move that ended in our third goal. Which my son told me to shove right up my arse (he’s a big Pogfan). Deserved tbf.
Snap (above post). Noticed the same thing . Good performance from him but that sort of sums up his time here.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Both extremes of Pogba today on the pitch.
This. Dispossessed 2 times with 5 unsuccessful touches going by the stats — he had lost the ball so many times in front of our box, thank feck Sheffield are shite! Fantastic contribution to two of our goals though and a great physical presence on defensive set-pieces (and his general passing have been mostly class today).

HowYouDoin

Well he is truly an excellent player. Not a single person in the world would say otherwise but he hasnt worked out for us really.
Hopefully for him somewhere else he"ll be a better fit.

el3mel

I think he played really well overall but he still shockingly losing weird balls in midfield so casually. Needs to sort this out, but otherwise, good performance and fantastic pass for the second goal.

On his performance. It was a bit mixed, but he was a one man midfield most of the night. Matic was playing as a third CB most of the time.

let’s remember he’s not really had much of a run in the team for a long time - due to injuries and poor form.

Pogba alongside Matic is a poor midfield, he needs McT and/ or Fred, which would give us a more steady midfield.

Baxter

I feel a casual DM behind him in Matic makes him look worse. Thought he started poorly with the rest of the team of course. But overall he played well, some really really good pieces of skill and always took care of the ball.
I think AWB has a tendency to play him into trouble too. Either way, if you want moments like the build up to the third, got to accept he’ll get it wrong sometimes.

DickDastardly

If he could only lose the dumb habit of inviting needless pressure on himself....

He enjoys playing with his back on somebody. He relishes contact. But he's not really good at the physical aspect of the game.

Lost the ball in our half too many times for my liking. It's a habit he can't seem to lose.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Great performance tonight.

Not even nearly enough after so many terrible ones and undermining the team ahead of the biggest game of the season, which they then lost.

-Supreme-

Both extremes of Pogba today on the pitch.

I hate him as much as I love him.
This.

We will get punished by better teams, I wish Pogba could play it simple when he didn't need to take risks by inviting 2-3 players on him.

Good performance but he loves holding on to the ball in dangerous areas.

laughtersassassin

Possibly. But it's not worth worrying about when the situation is a win-win-win.

United get a top midfielder for a season, Pogba gets the move he wants, the buying club get a player in form in the summer.
Agreed. That said we will be the big losers in the end when the Glazers pocket the money and either don't replace him or replace him with someone half as good

Alemar

Paul ran the game very well, 1 assist, participated in the combination for the third goal as well. Very nice performance

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I tell you one thing we miss when he’s not playing that doesn’t get mentioned a lot. His defensive headers.
Pogba is terrible in defensive transition but when he is in place, he is surprisingly productive in terms of clearances and blocked shots.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
He's too creative in his mentality to be deep. It's a conundrum because his defensive headers and physicality does add a lot to us.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
One of the reasons we didn't bottled this match and in the same time could be one of the reason of bottling this.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Phenomenal tonight. Shouldn’t be playing for me though. That being said reading the negative comments on here you have to say he’s right to want to move on.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
That third goal shows exactly what makes Pogba so good yet so dangerous to play. Had lost the ball in our half twice in the past few minutes already trying to hold onto it for too long, then he decides to do it again and roulettes two Sheffield players completely opening the field for our counter. Thought he was mostly wonderful today, but got us into trouble a few too many times, I've accepted that's just who he is.
Exactly. I still believe it's mad playing him in midfield against ANY top side. He plays way too dangerous which is OK against Sheffield, Burnley etc but I hope we don't make that mistake against Leeds.

laughtersassassin

Phenomenal tonight. Shouldn’t be playing for me though. That being said reading the negative comments on here you have to say he’s right to want to move on.
We don't play him we will drop points and sell him for less. Would be idiotic.

Not like VDB can be his replacement either. When he goes we will have to buy someone very good.

If we don't we will regress again.

United in sin

Well he is truly an excellent player. Not a single person in the world would say otherwise but he hasnt worked out for us really.
Hopefully for him somewhere else he"ll be a better fit.
Who or what has worked out for united since Fergie left?

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.

Not like VDB can be his replacement either. When he goes we will have to buy someone very good.

Where can we find another Pogba? Someone with his supreme technique with either foot, along with his height & physicality? It's impossible.

Bwuk

He’s so much better than Fred, McTominay, Matic or VdB it’s not even funny.

laughtersassassin

Where can we find another Pogba? Someone with his supreme technique with either foot, along with his height & physicality? It's impossible.
We don't need to find another Pogba but we need to sign another top class midfielder. They don't need to have all the same attributes.

The United

Showed again that he can be good anywhere if his mind is on. Of course, he still had those stupid moments at times.

And, also showed why Ole wanted him to play deep as if Bruno gets man-marked, we have another playmaker deep.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia

I agree that we will need to replace him with a very good player because contrary to popular belief on here, he’s a brilliant player. If you focus on the negative of any player you’ll find plenty.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
There is no one else, and that's ok. The transfers and formation from 2019 onwards have been building a team that has no place for him. Bruno is so far advanced, he's much more of a forward than a midfielder. Which means he needs two full-time defensive players behin him. Which makes Pogba out of place.
The replacement for him needs to be someone alongside Fred who can intercept, tackle, and pass forward. No need for Pogba's skill or pass variety, which is almost impossible to find anyway.
I'm convinced that the team which uses him correctly (8 or 10 in a 4-3-3 or left or CAM in a diamond) will have a monster midfielder, but aside from his first season, Ole's caretaker spell, and some bits of the end of last season, that's not happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.