6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

RUCK4444

I enjoyed his partnership with Shaw. I think Shaw played much better with Pog than Rashford because of Pog's decision making and the way he was finding him or putting him through.

I really think Rashford should stay on the RW and Pogba should play the LW role interchanging with Bruno to add confusion for the opp. Switching with Rashford occasionally. It would add dynamism and unpredictability.
Agree with this. Pogba is ridiculously productive when in advanced positions, even in his periods of poor form when he gets on the edge of the opponents box he’s creative and helps greatly in sustaining attacks.

In my opinion Pogba would have more output than both Rashford and Martial from the LW position, certainly from an assist perspective.

SAFMUTD

I think Partey's brilliant but I don't think you can call him a long term successor. He's 29 I think? I'm sure he's 2 or 3 cracking years left yet but £50m is a lot unless you get 5+ years out of him. Maybe you would of course but it's a gamble.
He's 27, so he has 4-5 more years at least.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
He's 27, so he has 4-5 more years at least.
Oh fair enough, yeah still slightly risky but no reason to think he can't maintain a good level for at least 5 years then.

city-puma

His body shape is much better than that at the beginning of the season when he was clearly overweight. But compared to his first season with us, he is still not on the same level of fitness. But it had already indicated how much hard work he has done behind the scenes.
regardless if he leaves in the summer (almost a sure thing), just hope he gets fitter and gives his all in the second half of the season to achieve something.

lost7

I think he's 100% leaving in the summer, which is fine for us because Grealish would be an adequate replacement. I like the guy and think he's quality, but it just hasn't worked out with us so I just hope he performs well for the rest of the season and helps the team win the league (I like to be optimistic!) and at least he can leave on a high

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
Definitely think there has been an uptick in form(and possibly attitude) the past few weeks. The sceptical part of me thinks it is because he is trying to attract a new club which I'm sure has been pointed out to him will be hard to do considering how broke most football clubs are likely 2 be this summer after 18months without fans so if he wants a new club he has to really shine, not just look like a squad player who can occasionally produce something flashy which is what he has seemed like for most of his time at united.

Still think what will happen is that no club pays a high enough fee for Woodward to feel justified in selling him so we end up offering him a mega new contract, which he signs and then reverts back to his inconsistent form and after a year or so we end up with a Sanchez/Ozil/Aubameyang style situation.

Riz

He’s probably off in the summer but if there was ever a time for him to put in a half season’s worth of consistently excellent performances - it’s now. If we got the Pogba of Ole’s first few months in charge alongside a firing Bruno we could have a great season.

TsuWave

I like this kid so much still. In fact, I think we have a very likeable group of players. Just saw Matic cooking him for the way he was dressed. “A World champion can’t dress like that” :lol:

then Mata did a poll and Matic >>>

lost7

Thought out of the front 4 he was probably the best. That's not saying much, but at least he wasn't giving the ball away with every touch

Idxomer

The only one of our attacking players who performed to a decent level today.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I don't think he played that well, but nor did Bruno or Martial or Rashford. Don't think he looked any worse either. It just didn't work for us, we have to give credit to City.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Decent game, I'm disappointed with both out AMs performances, but far more with Bruno.

Doesn't like being pressed, slight touch puts him completely off balance.

El Jefe

He was one of our better players today, even though he wasn't great.

Thing is if he can't pull us out of the shit in games we're struggling in, then there's no point of him and the hassle he brings.

Classical Mechanic

Apart from being badly at fault on the first goal it was a mediocre showing. The bigger issue is that he still doesn’t fit into the team. We have to sacrifice Rashford to get a tune out of him in the games because he can’t be trusted in central midfield defensively.

NinjaFletch

He was crap, admittedly surrounded by crap too, but nevertheless crap.

He was also crap in an entirely predictable way. I'm not sure there's much point shoehorning him into the side (and in doing so moving Rashford to the right, where he is pretty ordinary) on the left in games like these. His moments of magic, which are presumably why you pick him when you're expecting not to have much of the ball, are too infrequent to excuse him watching the game go by with and without the ball.

el3mel

Honestly think he barely did anything tonight to even evaluate his performance, he was probably just present, I believe ?

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Apart from being badly at fault on the first goal it was a mediocre showing. The bigger issue is that he still doesn’t fit into the team. We have to sacrifice Rashford to get a tune out of him in the games because he can’t be trusted in central midfield defensively.
This is hilarious...but highlights Gary Nevilles bias and the influence it has had over the years.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
He wasn't awful tonight by any means but he needs to be doing more to justify playing Rashford out of position

I hope the experiment stops soon and we go back to Rashford on the left and Greenwood on the right

G-MUFC

Lets be honest he barely runs. He just jogs around and allows players with half his own ability dominate him. He does this because he does not want to be here.

His performances against Wolves and Villa were way overstated.

I wish we played Donny instead, especially as Donny will not be leaving in the summer like Pogba will.

frookydinho

I've always defended Pogba. Again, thought he was decent tonight, better out of a bad bunch.

But really why is he starting. He isn't going to sign a new contract, he isn't committed to the club. He will leave, he wants to leave. We are putting him in a position where Rashford plays and where Rashford produces far greater numbers. Pogba is a fantastic player, do not get me wrong. But give those minutes to someone who wants to commit themselves to the club.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Shaw and Pogba were the only competent players today (Shaw may have messed up for the goal, not sure). But on the ball everybody was awful, bad touches, bad passes, bad decisions, except Pogba, so he gets credit.

caleb2003

Too slow on the ball, wants to go. Would love it, love it if we got rid and brought Grealish in, who seems to affect games a lot more from a similar position

Zlatan Ibrahomovic

Thought he was the best attacker 6/10. Martial lost everything and was clueless, Bruno played like he was wearing blue and Rashford made runs but really made 0 impact.

Atleast Pogba got on the ball, played some forward passes and made some runs.

MattofManchester

Had a decent performance tonight.

His bleak interview implied how much he wants to be winning trophies, but he's not shown very much on that level anymore.

He's the epitome of Manchester United these days. Calamity one minute, brilliant the next, all in the space of 90 minutes.

Sylar

Agree with most posts, he was probably our best midfielder but there wasn't much competition for that. He tried though but he's not going to single handedly carry us when the team is playing bad.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
The problem with shoehorning Pogba into the starting 11, when we have better players in his favoured positions (double pivot, and #10) is that we have to play him as a LW. That means we lost all of Rashford's explosivity, and coming onto his right foot from the left, where he's been largely excellent for the last couple of years. He's good on the right too, but not as good.

We have to play our best players in their best positions. That means Rashford as LW, not Pogba. What has Pogba done to justify starting the last few games? He was good vs Villa granted, but pretty average last night. I think this may be the 5th or 6th game as a LW. Can you honestly say he's done better than Rashford would have in those games?

I'm a big fan of Ole, but he seems to be a Pogba fanboi, to the detriment of the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.