Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Oh if we could bring Grealish in that'd be a sensational change over.

But I have a feeling Grealish is quite happy at Villa while they're premier league - which looks to be the foreseeable now. And would take as high a figure as anyone out there.
The lure of UCL football and a serious title challenge should. Mind you there are other players out there too

Bwuk

If we somehow win the league Pogba won’t go anywhere imo.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Was very good for the first half an hour, then had a not so good 3 and a half minutes, followed by an amazing 17 minutes. Then a poor 6 minutes, great 44 minutes then a terrible 60 seconds.

Alright I guess.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The lure of UCL football and a serious title challenge should. Mind you there are other players out there too
He's the nearest thing to a Gazza we've seen in 30 years. But fees these days are insane and the covid situation makes it even more difficult.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Easily MOTM for me. Has he played a better 90 minutes for us?

Guapa

Looks like the real Paul Pogba has finally turned up.Great to see.If he keeps this up we might just be in with a shout.

VivaRonaldo85

Said it since day one that to get the best out of him, he has to be played further up the pitch with two other CMs doing the dirty work in behind. He’s a waste of time playing in a deeper double pivot.

I’m convinced he’s gone in the summer but if we can get another brilliant half a season out of him, he could make a huge difference to our chances of doing something this season. He was excellent tonight.

Silas

I'm hearing that about many experiments but right now we seem to be getting the best output from that role. Rashford is slightly blunted on the right wing but I don't think it's major. He's still very threatening.
Agreed, I think this is our strongest setup as it stands. We've had some poor performances using it too, but I'm hoping that if we stick to it for an extended period of time, we can iron out a lot of the flaws.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Our best player tonight, so influential, always demanding the ball, always pressing the opposition and always dangerous. Unlucky not to score. I’m not even going to ask the obvious question. I’m happy to see him deliver like this in an important match.

Stadjer

If we somehow win the league Pogba won’t go anywhere imo.
I think that would make certain people on this site want to not win the league... he is a virus, a bad player and needs out. No matter the cost.

He had a good game. Hopefully he wont let Fred take a shot next time and just does it himself. I think a bad positioned Pogba has a better chance to score than a good positioned Fred when it comes to shooting.

Wilt

Pogba is absolutely vital if we are to sustain a genuine title challenge.

We won’t win it without him.

Polar

Today it was fun to observe his body-language. He was everywhere on the pitch and really on fire.

Maybe he is very motivated by the fact United now seriously is involved in the title race? If so it’s more to come. Finally we will see the Pogba we’ve been waiting for, and it’s on time.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He was my MOTM until Bailly decided to make that crucial block. The only reason I picked Bailly over Pogba as MOTM mainly because of the block and Pogba's missed that he should have finished it to take us 3-1.

united for life

I always feel reluctant to post about him. I’m one of those who wrote him off. He’s been here for how long? 4/5 years, never reached his potential/expectations at the club. The main problem was attitude; both on and off the pitch. The things he says, the things his agent says, his inconsistent performances, all the dancing at the time we were crap... all of this made me write him off.

credit needs to be given when due though, he’s been very good ever since the Raiola comments. I feel he’s calmed down, matured a bit and is more focused (he is generally “quieter” under Ole). I’m not seeing any silly posts on instagram, he looks more serious. Will this make me optimistic about him fulfilling his potential? Will this make me believe he will stay? No, don’t think so still. He needs to show more.

A-man

If Pogba can keep this level or even improve, I’d say we have the best midfield in the league. Extra important in games where Bruno is at his best.

el3mel

Hypothetically, if he performs well for the rest of the season and we won a trophy or too...would people accept him staying? I think he would want to if we challenged for the title.
Well it's up to him really. It's the question of him wanting to stay or not, not the opposite. If he wants, sure enough, a useful player to have, even if he's not suited to play every game. We have been using him well this season by not just playing him against every single opponent. If he's fine with that, he can stay, no problem.

KennyBurner

I think he should be embarrassed that he cant cement a regular position. Ole doing his best to keep him happy and involved all because he cant commit to being a CM.

Still Im happy with his performance today on the left. I think its best for everyone if we keep him higher up the pitch with less defensive duties. We need him to compete on multiple fronts this year.

Andersons Dietician

I just feel like today we got him in the positions he should be playing. No point in having a player like that and making him sit deep. Saying this his energy today was impressive and he really worked to get back in and defend at times.

Its annoying that he has these games or moments in games where you can see the player he could be and what a benefit he could be to us but then never sustains it. I don’t want to get carried away as it feels like we’ve been here before with him. If he can sustain performances like that till the end of the season then just maybe.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
It's a shame Pogba hasn't played more like he has in his last 2 games during his time at the club.

Looking like he's getting back to how he played when Ole first came in.
It makes me quite suspicious to be honest. It’s not great on his part. But then we’ve always known what he could be capable of. If he goes this Jan or at the end of the season it will certainly not reflect well on him.

Nori-

It's going to be so interesting to see how this contract situation plays out. So many different possibilities.

1. He could be sold in January to maximise the money we get for him, but very unlikely as no one will spend massive in a pandemic + we'll need him to mount a title challenge.

2. He could stay until the summer but if we win the Prem or really look like a team that can challenge for silverware, he could sign a new contract?

3. He could stay until the summer and leave after we win the Prem as he's achieved his goal at the club or if we fail to challenge leave anyway as he's getting on with age and wants to win things.

Either way, it will all be sorted by the summer. United won't let him run his contract down so they'll either sell or he signs a new contract. Lets see....

RedIan

I gave him motm. heavily involved in all our attacks and he Should have scored. Hes class when he wants to be.

Adamsk7

I’ve said it all along but if he plays it has to be somewhere without much defensive responsibility because he is just terrible at running back once turned by an opponent. It really costs us when he’s in the centre of the pitch but on that left side, where he only really has to do some mild pressing, he can concentrate on drifting around and influencing matches. This was the best he’s played for a long time.

Mindhunter

It's going to be so interesting to see how this contract situation plays out. So many different possibilities.

1. He could be sold in January to maximise the money we get for him, but very unlikely as no one will spend massive in a pandemic + we'll need him to mount a title challenge.

2. He could stay until the summer but if we win the Prem or really look like a team that can challenge for silverware, he could sign a new contract?

3. He could stay until the summer and leave after we win the Prem as he's achieved his goal at the club or if we fail to challenge leave anyway as he's getting on with age and wants to win things.

Either way, it will all be sorted by the summer. United won't let him run his contract down so they'll either sell or he signs a new contract. Lets see....
I firmly believe that Pogba will change his mind and resign for us if we offer him the wages he wants and the commission to his agent provided he believes that there are 2 or 3 other match winners in the team who he can hide behind. He has never been someone as driven as a Bruno Fernandes to single-handedly win matches for us through sheer grit and passion.

He lacks thats quality and for some reason believes that he will thrive in a team of superstars where there is less focus on him every time the team drops points because he isn't the most influential player. We are slowly getting there since Bruno has arrived.

Question is should be be pandering to their demands? It's tricky because we can't hope to sign a player of his calibre for anything less that what we will end up paying him in wages and agent fees.

spiriticon

I only get to say this a handful of times a season so I will make the most of it:

He was absolutely majestic today!

Sylar

Fantastic game and nearly undid all his great work with a bit of senselessness near the end given how the game was going (good to see him go over and thank Bailly along with the rest of the team)

His skill to help put in awb was fantastic. Shame he didn't top his performance with a goal

Chicharo

On his day, one of the best players in the world and he seems happy here. Cant figure him out because of this situation with Raiola, but I just hope he can sustain this form until the end of the season, then we will see

lysglimt

Scout
I am going to put it as simply as this - if Pogba plays at this level for most of the remaining season we actually CAN win the title. If he doesn't, we wont win.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Excellent performance, made all the right choices and good execution.

I hope we never play him in midfield again, seeing how well he performs with a bit of freedom.

KeanoMagicHat

Pogba plays best in that role in midfield, just drifting off the left in that diamond. While it really suits him and he really adds a lot attacking-wise, it doesn't really suit Rashford so from what you gain, you lose there.

Mcking

He looks so much better when he is not completely surrounded in the centre circle with Matic blatantly abandoning him and effectively leaving him as a one-man midfield.

Our failure to secure a proper holding midfielder in the summer has been a big problem this season. I know we are doing quite well, but we could be so much better than we are.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Pogba may want to leave -

Yet at the same time would you really think about leaving this United team and Ole Gunner Soljskaer?

I think it looks so enjoyable to play as a player in his system because it's being consistently rotated both with players and tactics- there is a 4231, there is a 442 diamond, 352, 4222 and I'm sure there will end up being more to be done.

There is games where Pogba gets to play in his tactical best position whilst tactically holding back Aston Villa (we played the diamond to centrally block Grealish and McGinn in my opinion), whilst this will be changed when we play a different team because a player like Pogba will have to understand that and change his style of play to.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
There's another option then.
Play him on the left, put Rashford/Greenwood on the right. He can be a false left forward, whatever the feck it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.