Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonno

In excellent form. His professionalism and ability has never been in question

Ole will keep utilising him as and when he sees fit.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
It is, famously, his best position.
I'm hearing that about many experiments but right now we seem to be getting the best output from that role. Rashford is slightly blunted on the right wing but I don't think it's major. He's still very threatening.

Heinzesight

Played well. Looking a bit fitter. Didn’t dick about with the ball and moved it quicker.

Take the ball to the corner next time though...he is actually very good at the old waste time at the corner flag routine too.

Red & White

Outstanding today. He’s hit form and hopefully keeps this up as he could be key to how our season unfolds from here.

Rolaholic

Anyone have his heat map for the for today?

He was absolutely everywhere on the pitch and made a big impact jelping out defensively while linking the play together moving forward in attack

Vintage box to box performance that

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Yeah, dunno why we don’t do this more often. We don’t need to be rigid with the positions of our players.
Anyway, yeah Pogba very good again except for that daft pass in the box at the end when he should have wasted time.
Missed from point blank range and let Cash run by him without tracking in the first few minutes. Apart from that, he is quality.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
His first touch is impeccable. He easily connects intricate 1 2 play anywhere on the field with his touch

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!

He was absolutely everywhere on the pitch and made a big impact defensively and linking the play together moving forward in attack

Weird how perceptions differ between people.

I noticed him getting around the pitch but he was completely invisible on the ball. Can’t remember anything he did. Thought he was easily bypassed by Villa too.

mu4c_20le

He was absolutely everywhere on the pitch and made a big impact defensively and linking the play together moving forward in attack

DoomSlayer

If Pogba plays like this every game, we will win the league. Now we have the quality players around him so he definitely adds the X-factor. Up to him to apply himself in every game, just like he did today.

MDFC Manager

I noticed him getting around the pitch but he was completely invisible on the ball. Can’t remember anything he did. Thought he was easily bypassed by Villa too.
Nothing about perceptions. Have a look at his stats from today.

Rolaholic

Well he made the most passes in the final third for us and had a knack of getting the ball out of tricky areas in our half to flick/kick the attack onwards.

All his balls to transition our play on the counter stood out quite a bit to me.

He had plenty of recoveries as well, was a proper all around performance really

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

He was exceptional in the second half. You can’t have watched after half time without being impressed.

Nearly killed me when he didn’t take the ball into the corner at the end, mind you. WTF?!?

Djemba-Djemba

That's the best he's played for Utd in a long long time. Maybe back to when Ole was caretaker manager.

His decision at the end to put a cross in instead of just keeping the ball with seconds on the clock was very stupid but we got away with it .

I think it's fairly obvious he's going in the summer, but hopefully he plays to his standard for the test of the season and he can help us to number 21.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Good game lad.

sillwuka

Top performance from PP tonight.

When he is on it and things are coming off for him he's a joy to watch. Flicking balls over heads, shielding the ball and playing off some cross field passes - bossed it.

RedTiger

Half mast
He was exceptional in the second half. You can’t have watched after half time without being impressed.

Nearly killed me when he didn’t take the ball into the corner at the end, mind you. WTF?!?
I think that's why ole sounded a bit meh in the post match interview, I think he wanted us to rack goals up. It's not like we've never missed out on a title due to goal difference.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout

Replay either goal.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Hypothetically, if he performs well for the rest of the season and we won a trophy or too...would people accept him staying? I think he would want to if we challenged for the title.
I think he'll stay personally. Don't see any club offering enough for him, and if we can make some serious progress and at least challenge for the title, all whilst he's playing a more advanced playmaker role like we've seen lately I think he'll be happy to stay and more importantly Ole will want him to stay.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I think that's why ole sounded a bit meh in the post match interview, I think he wanted us to rack goals up. It's not like we've never missed out on a title due to goal difference.
He's right, but with 5mins extra time and the clock showing 94:40 and Pogba having the ball on the edge of their area - it very much was not the right time to look for an extra goal! There was no gap there - they had loads of men back.

Then 30secs later they have a superb chance.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Hypothetically, if he performs well for the rest of the season and we won a trophy or too...would people accept him staying? I think he would want to if we challenged for the title.
If he plays well - no-one in their right mind would want him out.
Maybe we've found a good role for him against decent teams now. Wide and focused on the attack with three harder working in the centre.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
If he plays well - no-one in their right mind would want him out.
Maybe we've found a good role for him against decent teams now. Wide and focused on the attack with three harder working in the centre.
I think hes good but I dont think he suits us. Its his mobility thats the issue more than anything. I think he suit a slower league. (He is quick when he gets going) but the acceleration and sharp turning causes issues and I think we want to be an aggressive team out of possession.

If he plays well we should cash in and sign Grealish

Shame as I really like him as a player and personality, but we need to move on

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He might very well be just trying to put himself in the shop window but an in form Pogba is one of the most valuable assets this team has. He was fantastic tonight, his long range passing seems back to its best.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I think hes good but I dont think he suits us. Its his mobility thats the issue more than anything. I think he suit a slower league. (He is quick when he gets going) but the acceleration and sharp turning causes issues and I think we want to be an aggressive team out of possession.

If he plays well we should cash in and sign Grealish

Shame as I really like him as a player and personality
Oh if we could bring Grealish in that'd be a sensational change over.

But I have a feeling Grealish is quite happy at Villa while they're premier league - which looks to be the foreseeable now. And would take as high a figure as anyone out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.