6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinghy

Not sure why I people keep on with this. Would it make everyone feel better if he swung a regular shot and Dier blocked it? The ball was dropping awkwardly, he went for the backheel instinctively, it was goal bound and was blocked. He wasn’t set to hit the ball regularly, at least not in a way that it would have been easier than backheeling it.
He was perfectly set to smash it in with his right. Backheeling it was a fecking shocking decision, but it's all forgotten now. MoM by far.

laughtersassassin

Pogba playing narrower and basically being another Midfielder is what won us this game.

If he goes replacing him will be massive.

Jose wanted Paul sent off. Probably cause he was having nightmares about him.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
A motivated, in form Pogba is a sight to behold. Just a class on his own

If he is committed to the club and wants to stay, i'd love to keep him, but honestly, as good as he is on his day im done with the drama and the half arsed performances where he barely even looks bothered.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I make that about 15 good performances to his last poor performance with a couple of decent games coming back from injury.

Still all will be forgotten by the usual dimwits the next time he has a poor game...he simply isn’t allowed any.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He was perfectly set to smash it in with his right. Backheeling it was a fecking shocking decision, but it's all forgotten now. MoM by far.
Not to me. He could have swung on it, but it was slightly behind. It would not have been easier, for any footballer with decent ability, to swing at it than backheeling it. You can’t even physically attempt to back heel a ball that is in front of you!

Tiber

He was great today.

Enjoyed hearing The Toxic one still criticising him after the game :lol:

ShinjiNinja26

He was excellent today. When he’s on top form he’s unplayable, basically impossible to dispossess. Really hope he signs a new deal because he’ll be very difficult to replace.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Also, the talk is of him playing in the second half, but he was robbed of a brilliant assist in the first half by an incompetent ref.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He was great today.

Enjoyed hearing The Toxic one still criticising him after the game :lol:
To be fair, Jose is perfectly entitled to feel PP could have seen a red there. I can understand why he wasn’t sent off, but he’s caught Aurier cleanly there and it could have gone either way.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I make that about 15 good performances to his last poor performance with a couple of decent games coming back from injury.

Still all will be forgotten by the usual dimwits the next time he has a poor game...he simply isn’t allowed any.
Moreover, him playing well makes the team better and the team playing better makes him look good. Sometimes what's asked of him is just impossible.

laughtersassassin

Aye. It would be impossible to replace him like for like.
Exactly. And my fear is this club never replaces it's best players leaving under the Glazers.

I'd say our summer plans would barely change wether we sell or keep Pogba. And that's a massive problem.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I didn't really know what position he played as the game went on, and I mean that in a good way. He was smartly picking up different pockets and transitioning defence to attack, swapping around with Bruno or Rashford and interchanging with pretty much everyone.

city-puma

I now hope pogba stay with us to win the league next season. Ole has figured out how to bring his best. He seems a lot more matured as a person as well. He has become a real treasure to have.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
You know those threads about the lack of entertainers in football today, we've had one for the last 5 years and he spent most of that time shoehorned into a midfield 2 to screen the defense.
I know but as much as I enjoy watching Paul, a football team is also about balance and he's not an easy player to fit in, tactically.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Class performance from a classy player. If that backheel attempt had gone in would've been perfect.

kiristao

Top top performance. Absolutely ran the show. Been a long time since we saw such a dominant performance from him.

mu4c_20le

If we make the right signings this summer, who knows we may actually get the best out of him after all

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Not sure why I people keep on with this. Would it make everyone feel better if he swung a regular shot and Dier blocked it? The ball was dropping awkwardly, he went for the backheel instinctively, it was goal bound and was blocked. He wasn’t set to hit the ball regularly, at least not in a way that it would have been easier than backheeling it.
Would have been easier to give more power behind the effort had it been a normal shot. Pogba was incredible today but I agree with the view that his effort shouldn't have been a back heel. In fact Ole said this to him right after the final whistle. Of course he could have still missed.

kouroux

Would have been easier to give more power behind the effort had it been a normal shot. Pogba was incredible today but I agree with the view that his effort shouldn't have been a back heel. In fact Ole said this to him right after the final whistle. Of course he could have still missed.
I thought it was setup perfectly for a bicycle kick but not many are wired to try it

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Maybe him coming off the left and drifting into the centre is the way to use him? Let McFred do the running to defend behind him and then get the ball into him.

ShinjiNinja26

Exactly. And my fear is this club never replaces it's best players leaving under the Glazers.

I'd say our summer plans would barely change wether we sell or keep Pogba. And that's a massive problem.
Completely agree but they already have an easy excuse to fall back on with the VdB signing, which they will just say was the replacement all along. Now I’m a fan of Donny and have been one of the ones crying out for him to get more game time all season but I don’t believe we can fill the Pogba shaped hole with him alone if he does happen to leave the club.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He could have hit it ‘normally’, but he’d need to have swivelled and come round it a bit.

I thought it was setup perfectly for a bicycle kick but not many are wired to try it
Indeed, as did I. You cannot possibly try and backheel or bicycle kick a football if it in front of you!

Ladron de redcafe

Best player on the pitch today. I don't know what he'll do this summer but I don't want the club losing its best players and Pogba is one of the best.

RaptorSlo

Not to me. He could have swung on it, but it was slightly behind. It would not have been easier, for any footballer with decent ability, to swing at it than backheeling it. You can’t even physically attempt to back heel a ball that is in front of you!
I think with backheeling he had to wait for the ball longer and gave defender more time to get in block.

el3mel

Club has a massive job on its hands replacing him.
I think he'll stay, hopefully of course but I don't think anyone can afford him anyway. I expect him to sign a new contract in summer, probably 3 years contract or something.

kouroux

He could have hit it ‘normally’, but he’d need to have swivelled and come round it a bit.

Indeed, as did I. You cannot possibly try and backheel or bicycle kick a football if it in front of you!
And to shoot it "normally" he'd have needed to anticipate the ball's trajectory. Those things happen so fast, a decision is made in a split second. I don't blame him at all for the backheel, it shows invention for me

Status
Not open for further replies.