6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

hubbuh

The majority of people on this forum think Rashford & Bruno are more technically gifted footballers than him. Let that sink in.

We have a Rolls Royce and we use it like a Reliant Robin. Ole has blood on his hands. Benched for McTominay & Fred FFS :houllier:
I dunno who's fault it is (the players or manager), but whenever Pogba plays in a two man midfield with one of either Fred or McTominay, we look bad - especially in big games. We need need need to bring in someone that can let Pogba do his thing.

Look at the underlying numbers. They'd suggest Fred and Pogba might work well together, but both Fred and Pogba (particularly Fred) is too prone to giving the ball away in dangerous areas.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Anything he's done tonight he's done numerous times for United. Why do people on here keep trying to create this narrative that he's elite for France and shit for United? He's done nothing tonight we haven't seen in a United shirt.

Last game he was bang average for France (just like he has been in games for United). Stop acting like there is some major difference between the United Pogba and the France Pogba.
Thats fairly fair. France are just a killer team who would beat most club teams. Usually its the other way around.

RooneyLegend

It's amazing how the PL is overrated. Pogba has had many good games in the PL for Utd too, it has feck all to do with this mythical great pace
Our team is substandard and gets a fair number of bad results and scapegoats are always needed. In England its common practice to blame a teams failings for whatever reasons especially if they don't run around like a headless chicken.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Anything he's done tonight he's done numerous times for United. Why do people on here keep trying to create this narrative that he's elite for France and shit for United? He's done nothing tonight we haven't seen in a United shirt.

Last game he was bang average for France (just like he has been in games for United). Stop acting like there is some major difference between the United Pogba and the France Pogba.
You also can’t ignore the Kante effect. Made Danny fecking Drinkwater look top class.

When he has someone doing all his fetching and catching it definitely helps Pogba perform at his best. And his best is right up there. Some of the stuff he did tonight was sensational.

RooneyLegend

What amazes me about all of this is no one expects Kante to play passes like Pogba yet everyone expects Pogba to run around like Kante. It makes no sense.

KD6-3.7

I see a lot of people saying at Juve he was carried by Pirlo, Marchisio which is not only complete rubbish but why wouldn’t you want to surround your best players with other great players?

Pogba literally goes from playing with Pirlo, Marchisio, Vidal for Juventus or Kante, Matuidi for France at United he has played with Matic, Herrera, Fred and McTominay not exactly world class midfielders in that list. Obviously his weakness is defending, tracking runners so you’d think a competent club would go and sign a top quality DM nope we play him in a midfield two with Matic to just highlight his weaknesses.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
If we don't have him already, I don't mind us spending 70+m on him.
It's also telling the quality of those chuckle brothers we have in DM/CM.

CG1010

People are asking him to do the nitty gritty, why not ask Kante to do the flashy flashy
Can't speak for everyone, for me only thing Pogba needs to change is become more consistent. I get that some players have poor / average games but with Pogba the ratio of great + good games vs poor + average games is just too high. Usually immediately after a great game, he tends to lose focus and start dallying on the ball and try to do everything himself.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
You also can’t ignore the Kante effect. Made Danny fecking Drinkwater look top class.

When he has someone doing all his fetching and catching it definitely helps Pogba perform at his best. And his best is right up there. Some of the stuff he did tonight was sensational.
:lol: The french Danny Drinkwater...Thanks in all fairness to Kante

sp_107

well said, if we want to keep Pogba we need to build team around him by bringing in a top class DM in kante mould

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
What amazes me about all of this is no one expects Kante to play passes like Pogba yet everyone expects Pogba to run around like Kante. It makes no sense.
Haha, good point.

Pogba showed exceptional quality tonight. Genuine world class ability.

Red00012

Buy a fecking DM so Pogba can be used to his potential . Watching him with Kante makes me sad :lol:

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Can't speak for everyone, for me only thing Pogba needs to change is become more consistent. I get that some players have poor / average games but with Pogba the ratio of great + good games vs poor + average games is just too high. Usually immediately after a great game, he tends to lose focus and start dallying on the ball and try to do everything himself.
have a look at his performances from December to May:houllier:

Oranges038

A couple of decent performances for France and all of a sudden he's the best midfielder in the world and all Ole has to do to accomodate him is buy a clone of Kante.

Sure, give him 500k a week for another 5 years at Utd and lets just forget the circus we've witnessed for the last 5 years.

RUCK4444

A couple of decent performances for France and all of a sudden he's the best midfielder in the world and all Ole has to do to accomodate him is buy a clone of Kante.

Sure, give him 500k a week for another 5 years at Utd and lets just forget the circus we've witnessed for the last 5 years.
Such an unbalanced view.

marktan

In all seriousness though it's a joy to watch him in that French team, his technical ability is out of this world. The passes he hits to the runners in particular are worth turning in for alone. It's not like it's a recent thing either, he was exactly the same in the 2018 world cup.

It's a shame but I don't think it's going to work out for him ever at United, for a combination of managers not understanding how to play him (as a holding mid or box to box..), a poorer team and some patchy performances. I really think we should sell him if a good offer comes because I doubt it'll ever reach the level of comfortability that Pogba has for France and United and we could use that money to reinvest for positions we need.

RooneyLegend

If he doesn't do it, who's going to do it? Our other midfielders can barely execute a 20 yard pass. They are also prone to hiding from the ball. There's no such thing as a consistent player in a mediocre team outside of keepers.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Yes I did. And he was inconsistent like I said. Still better in the left wing role than any other in United's team.
In 34 games there’s a handful of poor performances....I’d be happy for you to enlighten me as to who you think was consistent in this period

Oranges038

Such an unbalanced view.

How so?

He's not shown anything in a Utd shirt in 5 years to show he deserves anywhere near what he's being paid or what he's going to be looking for, without even considering the knock on effect it has on the entire wage structure of the club.

But now after another few decent games for France, people are creaming themsleves over him and think if Utd/Ole sign a player like Kante all of a sudden we'll see this Pogba every week.

We all know he looks better and plays better for France. Seen it in the World Cup and now the Euros. I don't know when he has he ever put in the same levels of effort and performances for Utd over an extended series of games aside from Ole's honeymoon period.

He's got the talent there's no doubt about. It's his application of that talent in a Utd shirt and the circus that surrounds him that makes him worth the money or the trouble.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

So you don’t like him then. Cool. Everyone who doesn’t rate Pogba seems to be fuelled by feelings rather than actually assessing his ability. It’s weird. He’s our best player & it’s not even close.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Pogba always looks like a true world class player to me whenever he played for France, especially in big tournament.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
How so?

He's not shown anything in a Utd shirt in 5 years to show he deserves anywhere near what he's being paid or what he's going to be looking for, without even considering the knock on effect it has on the entire wage structure of the club.

But now after another few decent games for France, people are creaming themsleves over him and think if Utd/Ole sign a player like Kante all of a sudden we'll see this Pogba every week.

We all know he looks better and plays better for France. Seen it in the World Cup and now the Euros. I don't know when he has he ever put in the same levels of effort and performances for Utd over an extended series of games aside from Ole's honeymoon period.

He's got the talent there's no doubt about. It's his application of that talent in a Utd shirt and the circus that surrounds him that makes him worth the money or the trouble.
except this assertion that he has only performed in single games or for United exists only in the minds of his detractors, the reality is he’s been good for United and United have been shite since Saf.

passing-wind

Pogba is far better suited for France because he's tactically accommodated by the manager. France have better midfield personnel than United and the manager is aware of Pogbas weaknesses, having covered his disposition with Tolisso last night and in the world cup with Matuidi.

I think the reality with Paul is he's not versatile but given he's so talented it makes it seem as if he's suitable for a multitude of midfield roles. He needs the right infrastructure around him to perform the blueprint seems to be a pure defensive midfielder and a box to box 6 so sit alongside. Coincidentally this isn't far off the shape at Juventus with Pirlo / Vidal.

Eddy_JukeZ

His talent is ridiculous.

He's probably the most talented midfielder in the world.

I hope we keep him. He was pretty good for us once he fully recovered from COVID.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Yeah I think it’s an English thing, fans here just appreciate hard tackling and grifting in a player, as it shows “passion”. So commentators and fans will slobber over Kante as he’s obviously the best we’ve seen in some time at that role, and they’ll push agaisnt a player like Pogba who’s one of the most technically class, elegant midfielders of the last 10 years but who isn’t a player that can sprint the length of the pitch for 90 minutes recovering every ball.

Pogba can’t do what Kante does obviously, but Kante couldn’t polish Pogbas boots when it comes to full array of skills he has in his locker from a technical standpoint.

AshRK

People act as if he was shit for us. He has been decent for us too, just that we expect more from him as we don't have that many class players like France have. He was average against Hungary yet no one said anything.

Oranges038

So you don’t like him then. Cool. Everyone who doesn’t rate Pogba seems to be fuelled by feelings rather than actually assessing his ability. It’s weird. He’s our best player & it’s not even close.
except this assertion that he has only performed in single games or for United exists only in the minds of his detractors, the reality is he’s been good for United and United have been shite since Saf.
Funny that people who say anything against him are just accused of just not liking him or being blinded by bias and hatred. I think he's a talented player alright, he's got bags of it.

But, I find the love in tonight quite over the top. We all know how talented he is and how great he can look when he wants to show it off. He was excellent tonight no doubt about it.

But, lets not pretend that he's been worth the 80m plus wages he's cost for the last 5 years and lets not pretend he's worth another 4 or 5 years on up to 500k a week.

Would we see a different Pogba for Utd if there were a player like Kante out there to be brought in and he gets his shiny new contract? Maybe, but I doubt it. The circus would just continue.

Jibbs

He shows such performance in a United shirt once in a blue moon. He is a tournament player, where he remains focused for couple of weeks. In league he easily gets distracted and can not be relied upon to win the league. These performances might add 10 20 million to his value. So, if somebody offers 60,70 million, United should grab it with both hands.

Are there seriously people who enjoy watching football but don't enjoy watching Paul Pogba?

Yes, there is a debate to be had about whether he is ever gonna be able to consistently perform to the standard we want him to at United, but for me that's almost beside the point. He may never win the trophies he should with United, and that would feel like a waste. He's seemed uncommitted at times, and his agent is an arsehole. But Pogba is just one of those players who makes me love watching football, like Zidane or Iniesta or Kaka, who regularly does things with a football that I can't really understand, and I love that he's our player. There aren't many players like that around nowadays, maybe they don't really fit into the modern game so easily. But when he's on form - which is usually - he makes football so fun to watch.

Reactions: berbatrick

He'sRaldo

He shows such performance in a United shirt once in a blue moon. He is a tournament player, where he remains focused for couple of weeks. In league he easily gets distracted and can not be relied upon to win the league. These performances might add 10 20 million to his value. So, if somebody offers 60,70 million, United should grab it with both hands.
On this point, the fact that France actually has a good chance to win the tournament no doubt adds extra motivation. Top players aren't motivated by fighting for top 4 year on year.

Jibbs

On this point, the fact that France actually has a good chance to win the tournament no doubt adds extra motivation. Top players aren't motivated by fighting for top 4 year on year.
Agree. When you have Varane at your back, Kante beside you and Mbappe to collect your passes, it definitely would add another dimension to your game.

Status
Not open for further replies.