6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

FahadiHossein

I still suspect that his fitness has been devastated by covid, and I don't remember him losing possession so easily in center midfield.
Let's see if France plays him this week and if he will struggle again.

EasyE

You have outdone your previous post with more rubbish.

I would not expect someone to accept they are prejudiced however it is quite the obvious the moment you see fit to find fault with an arm sleeve with everything else that went on yesterday.

None of our players played well but here you are finding fault with clothing attire because Paul is to be picked apart by you nobody. All with a rap tag, you cannot make up this idiocy.
Paul - is that you?

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
What on Earth has happened to him? He looks like he’s not even a central midfielder anymore?
See Bruno, James, Matic again, AWB, Maguire... He’s not the only player whose game has gone to shit. We basically finished third on the strength of Bruno’s impact, and a relatively low points total, and now even he has been pulled into the regression.

People would have a point about Pogba, if he was the weak link in an otherwise strong unit, but we look garbage as a footballing team. This isn’t a strong XI being let down by a goalkeeper or a centre forward, who clearly are not good enough. We’re a confused mass of players who seem to have little understanding of how they want to play and who can easily be exploited. People are utterly kidding themselves is the solution is just to get rid of Pogba. Our most effective team has him in a role that gets the most out of him.

Sea-Cow

To me he looks seriously unfit. Also he's not that lean anymore.
I've noticed this as well. Ever since he returned after the Covid lockdown, he has looked bulky. I am not saying he's fat, but he just looks like a different dude. He normally is very lanky and stringy, and now his body has changed. Its very strange.

But my god it looks like he is playing with ankle weights right now. Just so slow

dcrompton

What do you think was the bigger mistake: losing him to Juventus for nothing or buying him back for a fortune? Ole should have brought him off at half-time against Spurs. Think he should be dropped for VDB and used as impact sub until he gets his form and fitness sorted.

Hammondo

See Bruno, James, Matic again, AWB, Maguire... He’s not the only player whose game has gone to shit. We basically finished third on the strength of Bruno’s impact, and a relatively low points total, and now even he has been pulled into the regression.

People would have a point about Pogba, if he was the weak link in an otherwise strong unit, but we look garbage as a footballing team. This isn’t a strong XI being let down by a goalkeeper or a centre forward, who clearly are not good enough. We’re a confused mass of players who seem to have little understanding of how they want to play and who can easily be exploited. People are utterly kidding themselves is the solution is just to get rid of Pogba. Our most effective team has him in a role that gets the most out of him.
He's the CM, he's supposed to be running our game. He has the most influence, and if he doesn't do his job it has the biggest impact in the team.

Everything starts with him.

Not saying he's the reason for Maguire etc, but he's the one who should be running things to get on top of our opponents to make it easier on everyone, and give our football direction.

Achilles McCool

What do you think was the bigger mistake: losing him to Juventus for nothing or buying him back for a fortune? Ole should have brought him off at half-time against Spurs. Think he should be dropped for VDB and used as impact sub until he gets his form and fitness sorted.
“Impact” :lol::lol::lol:
The only impact he provides is shit tackles for penalties and loss of possession

Stretender

He should never have been signed back. Another example of Ed Woodward vanity project
He's the CM, he's supposed to be running our game. He has the most influence, and if he doesn't do his job it has the biggest impact in the team.

Not saying he's the reason for Maguire etc, but he's the one who should be running things to get on top of our opponents to make it easier on everyone, and give our football direction.
Am sure he is a good player. But he doesn't work in our system. Sell him to Real for 40 million. I would happily take a loss on him.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours

He shouldn't be playing as a 2 man pivot though.

People assume that because he did it for France he can do it here. Pogba played for the strongest team in the world cup with world class players in nearly every single position & he wasnt by himself the reason they won the world cup.

The international games playing for france doesnt have the pressing and pressure put regularly by nearly every club in the Premier league.

The 4231 hardly puts any of our most important players in the right position. Pogba is just one of them. Rashford looks wider and deeper on the touchline than ever. Matic hardly gets to play by himself centrally to dictate the defensive duties and drop between the CB'S and behind the midfielders as required. Bruno is involved in more defensive situations than before because Pogba needs that support. Martial should be playing as a supportive striker with Rashford and Greenwood making runs off of him rather than Martial making runs off Rashford's & Greenwoods play.

The 4231 does no one benefit. Pogba for all his flaws does not fit that system as much as a 433.

spiriticon

He'll win you 10 games a season with a sublime performance but lose you 20 with his general 'defending'.

He's still the best footballer in our team but why oh why can he just not perform

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I don't get why he is so slow on the ball. Needs to release it quicker.

Dve

I don't get why he is so slow on the ball. Needs to release it quicker.
That´s his game. He needs time to look up for his long pass. He always seeks to gain full control of the ball to pick out that pass. I think the opponents target him.

I think Pogba would thrive more in a diamond.

VivaRonaldo85

That´s his game. He needs time to look up for his long pass. He always seeks to gain full control of the ball to pick out that pass. I think the opponents target him.

I think Pogba would thrive more in a diamond.
Top of a diamond for me supporting the front 3. But with Bruno and VDB there I can’t see it happening. His deep lying role in a 2 is useless and we get nothing in return.

SATA

Play him up top left wing where he can take players on and beat them. He was majestic a few times when he was deployed there. Leave the centre midfield to the grafters like Fred

Foxbatt

He has a basic flow in his body posture. People may laugh at this but look at him when he has the ball. He leans away a lot of times which means his c of g is not right. That is why he loses possession of the ball so often when tackled. He does not have control of the ball.
I would sell him in a flash and get a better team player who can do a better team job.

Clermontois

Supports
France
No bigger mistake than this post.

Had we not brought him back we would have been worse.

He has a basic flow in his body posture. People may laugh at this but look at him when he has the ball. He leans away a lot of times which means his c of g is not right. That is why he loses possession of the ball so often when tackled. He does not have control of the ball.
I would sell him in a flash and get a better team player who can do a better team job.
For a poster who clearly does not like the player why camp in his thread.

To the bolded Paul is actually being too much of team player right now, no way he should accept the restrictive role Ole has asked him to accommodate lesser players. Definitely a mistake from Ole but as was said before Ole has made quite a few mistakes that have nothing to do with Paul and we are seeing the results of those now with Maguire etc.

Having said that he needs to get his fitness right with sub appearances first though.

edcunited1878

Play him up top left wing where he can take players on and beat them. He was majestic a few times when he was deployed there. Leave the centre midfield to the grafters like Fred
You mean the position he was responsible for when United went down to ten men against Spurs? He was responsible for Aurier's run and Aurier just went past Pogba like he wasn't there. You have to be aware of the space and runners defensively, it take discipline and awareness at all times especially when the ball is near your half of the pitch. If it's a huge switch, then okay, you can get over to cover the space and close down the space. But when you're not positionally aware or don't care enough, like Pogba does when he's off the ball trying to defend, he's a liability.

hungrywing

Thank feck he hasn't signed a new deal, imagine being stuck with that for another 5 years
Let's just hope it stays that way. My worry is we "convince him" to sign a new deal to lock him up well past his prime on horrendous wages.
Cross your fingers and toes. Pogba was a Woodward signing. For an insecure narcissist like Woodward, to get rid of Pogba is to 'lose' to Mourinho (probably exponentially more now after the 1-6), the pundits, the 'plebian' fans who called the mistake out etc. This cannot be allowed to happen as he cannot ever be 'wrong'.

Look what happened when the extension of Woodward's insecurity (Pogba) went up against the manager. Those are the extents to which a Woodward will go just to preserve that belief. We're a lot closer to a Pogba extension than a good chunk of the caf would like.

If you want him out - as he should be - there needs to be a lot more vocalization. And even then it's going to be difficult.

I don't think he is giving 100%. He ambles about with no real intensity to his game. I'd happily see the back of him but looks like that is not going to happen anytime soon.
You mean the position he was responsible for when United went down to ten men against Spurs? He was responsible for Aurier's run and Aurier just went past Pogba like he wasn't there. You have to be aware of the space and runners defensively, it take discipline and awareness at all times especially when the ball is near your half of the pitch. If it's a huge switch, then okay, you can get over to cover the space and close down the space. But when you're not positionally aware or don't care enough, like Pogba does when he's off the ball trying to defend, he's a liability.
Posted about the psychological reasons. We see so so so many posts (good posts in intention) like the above that get the symptoms but not the diagnosis.

He is not a team player.

He looks like he is for France/Juventus (and sometimes for us) because what he wants (to be flash/to be the one to make the highlight-reel pass etc) can come off 'in the right system'.

This is what SAF saw.

If he were, then the fanbase would see a true team player (of purported world-class ability) at this point making at the very least some noticeable positive strides in his tackling, tracking back as he tries like crazy to learn his new role. You would be seeing posts like 'wow, Pogba's doing a bit better at _________/did you see him make that interception NGL never seen him really do that before' even if it wasn't coming off all the time.

I'd go so far as to point out the obvious that the fact that you don't see this is a huge indicator of what he actually is (prima donna/narcissist) but it's kind of redundant since there are and far more blatant/visible signs off the pitch and these have been glaringly obvious for years.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Cross your fingers and toes. Pogba was a Woodward signing. For an insecure narcissist like Woodward, to get rid of Pogba is to 'lose' to Mourinho (probably exponentially more now after the 1-6), the pundits, the 'plebian' fans who called the mistake out etc. This cannot be allowed to happen as he cannot ever be 'wrong'.

Look what happened when the extension of Woodward's insecurity (Pogba) went up against the manager. Those are the extents to which a Woodward will go just to preserve that belief. We're a lot closer to a Pogba extension than a good chunk of the caf would like.

If you want him out - as he should be - there needs to be a lot more vocalization. And even then it's going to be difficult.

Posted about the psychological reasons. We see so so so many posts (good posts in intention) like the above that get the symptoms but not the diagnosis.

He is not a team player.

He looks like he is for France/Juventus (and sometimes for us) because what he wants (to be flash/to be the one to make the highlight-reel pass etc) can come off 'in the right system'.

This is what SAF saw.

If he were, then the fanbase would see a true team player (of purported world-class ability) at this point making at the very least some noticeable positive strides in his tackling, tracking back as he tries like crazy to learn his new role. You would be seeing posts like 'wow, Pogba's doing a bit better at _________/did you see him make that interception NGL never seen him really do that before' even if it wasn't coming off all the time.

I'd go so far as to point out the obvious that the fact that you don't see this is a huge indicator of what he actually is (prima donna/narcissist) but it's kind of redundant since there are and far more blatant/visible signs off the pitch and these have been glaringly obvious for years.
statistically one of our best player against Totenham. I'm no Pogba fanboi and I can admit to his frustrating career but this is too much.

ooeat0meoo

Member of the Muppet Empire
My Happy Place - So Don't Be fecking With Me!
I'm not sure why people are shocked that Pogba puts in half assed performances. This past June he made it clear to Woodward and Ole that he doesn't want to stay at United. Why even bother rating this spoiled brat of a traitor?

Anyone notice how the big clubs came rushing in with record bids for him this past transfer window?

hungrywing

statistically one of our best player against Totenham. I'm no Pogba fanboi and I can admit to his frustrating career but this is too much.
Do you think we should keep him? Do you think there's a way we can get the best out of him? I don't see it. (I'm on the record for keeping him if there's a way to rotate/use him in a more advanced role)

You really need a break from football. Manutd has broken you it seems :lol:
I think I've noticed you frothing at the mouth arguing with some posters with extremely good track records. (it's not your name I noticed but the profile of those other posters and then your name being the respondent)

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

johanovic

How many passangers can a top football team in this moment in time carry....NONE bescause top teams have a starting 11 that give a maximum effort all the time..Look at Klopp and Guardiola teams...Look at Bayern and Dortmund...Look at Barca,A.Madrid,Sevilla and Real..Look at Juve..... We are just playing with to many players that do not have the workrate or mindset to give their all on the field every time they play...Pogba is the worst of the lot as he´s talented but just one of those Big Time Charlies that do not give a feck about their job and do not have the professional pride to do their fecking job....Imagine a Bryan Robson or Roy Keane ever putting on a shitshow as bad as Pogba does regulary...They did what every top midfielder does..do your basics on the field to the maximum every time...of course they did not have a perfect game everytime BUT you could count on them tracking back, supporting attack, assisting the defence and put all the hard work into the game they could...That´s not what Pogba does...And no matter how talented you are, if you are not willing to graft and fight on the pitch you are not worth having in a football team

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
:lol:

How about dropping him, play someone else and try to win the match then? Or we can't win any match without him?
We definitely could but fact remains he is a very talented footballer, hasn't worked in other positions as we hoped and we have a dearth in quality at RW, what's to lose? I'd personally go with the diamond anyway as we don't have proper wingers quite simply:

DDG
Henderson
AWB_______Maguire__Lindelof___Telles
Williams___Bailly_____Tuanzabe__Shaw
_____________Matic
__________________________Fred
______________Pogba___VDB_____
________________________Mctom___Fred
___________________Bruno_________
________________________Mata___
______________Rashford___Martial_____
__________________________Cavani_______Greenwood_____

Strelok

We definitely could but fact remains he is a very talented footballer, hasn't worked in other positions as we hoped and we have a dearth in quality at RW, what's to lose? I'd personally go with the diamond anyway as we don't have proper wingers quite simply:

DDG
Henderson
AWB_______Maguire__Lindelof___Telles
Williams___Bailly_____Tuanzabe__Shaw
_____________Matic
__________________________Fred
______________Pogba___VDB_____
________________________Mctom___Fred
___________________Bruno_________
________________________Mata___
______________Rashford___Martial_____
__________________________Cavani_______Greenwood_____

A diamond needs good complete FBs. We have none.

A winger needs acceleration and agility in tight spaces. He has none.

Truth is what we need is to drop him, and what he needs is a new club.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
A diamond needs good complete FBs. We have none.

A winger needs acceleration and agility in tight spaces. He has none.

Truth is what we need is to drop him, and what he needs is a new club.
A traditional diamond needs rampaging full backs, agreed, Telles is good going forward and if Pog is in front of AWB on the RM spot he will be quite attacking minded and leaving AWB to be more defensive and VDB on the other side is hard working and will cover for Telles.

It doesn't just suit Pogba, it suits more of our players, Rashford and Greenwood aren't wingers or the lone striker role, I think Greenwood may develop into that but right now, Rashford and Martial playing in tandem up top could really suit them both.

Clermontois

Supports
France
A traditional diamond needs rampaging full backs, agreed, Telles is good going forward and if Pog is in front of AWB on the RM spot he will be quite attacking minded and leaving AWB to be more defensive and VDB on the other side is hard working and will cover for Telles.

It doesn't just suit Pogba, it suits more of our players, Rashford and Greenwood aren't wingers or the lone striker role, I think Greenwood may develop into that but right now, Rashford and Martial playing in tandem up top could really suit them both.
A diamond suits no one and presents more of the same problems as we have now.

A flat midfield with 5 or so players in it would suit us far better.

RuudTom83

Even after so many seasons I cant say where his best position is...I don't even think Paul knows.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Even after so many seasons I cant say where his best position is...I don't even think Paul knows.
If psychologically, he isn't focused and willing, the position will not affect his performances that much. During his best period at the club, when Ole arrived, he was doing a bit of everything and playing with energy and intensity that he doesn't display anymore for whatever reason.
A player like him, if he is lazy on the pitch, he's virtually pointless

Status
Not open for further replies.