Paul Pogba | Manchester United player

How do you feel about the signing of Paul Pogba?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PieCrust

Finally. Wonder if he'll play against Bournemouth. I'd guess not quite yet.

Mr. Ant

Finally. Wonder if he'll play against Bournemouth. I'd guess not quite yet.
I think it depends on how fit he is, maybe he'll get 20 minutes and then full debut at home against Southampton.

Camilo

Ridiculous money. Good player, and will improve us I'm sure... Strangly I'm not all that excited about him. I think the big changes (including Mourinho) have just distanced the whole team from me, and it'll take time for it to all feel right again!

Glad it's done anyway.

nazanto

Not only we sign a really really good player, I think we might sign our future captain as well. So where is his chant?

Aussie_Red_Devil

Yes glad he is finally our player. Been a fun saga. Though nothing will beat that plane taking a left hand turn last night.

Bogga

Is there a longer interview than the 4 minute one available at the official site?

hbgreg

In memory of the glorious Torinio supporters who came when we signed Darmian; "feck juventus!"

POGNA IS HOME.

JackXX

He's genuinely buzzing to be back here. I love it. A true red devil. It's in his heart :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil:

Super Nani

So happy we've finally got Pogba back here, he's going to light up the league and should help us win some trophies along the way. He will give us the goal threat from midfield we have lacked and should also smash a few goals in from free kicks too, something we haven't really had since Ronaldo left.

Pogba seems incredibly happy to be back with us and I think he will prove to be the missing piece that we've needed. Our squads looking in great shape to fight for the league, I can't wait for the season to start. With the signings we've made and Mourinho in charge I think it's safe to say United will be back on top soon enough, everything is in place for a successful season.

xplatformjedi

Supports
Pittsburgh Steelers
Rooney though? he will never be dropped. sadly.
There is this guy...names Mourinho...who don't give a feck who Rooney was.

This is about winning the EPL within the next 2 years. You aren't EXPERIMENTING with Rooney as a #10. Have you not seen the past 6 months? He's had two good Euro games and scored some decent goals, but as a creator and someone whose going to feed Ibra, feed Martial and maybe Rashford...he's not good enough. And Mourinho knows he's not good enough.

Pogba is back!!!

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
There is this guy...names Mourinho...who don't give a feck who Rooney was.
You say that, but this is the same guy who played an incredibly past it Ivanovic at right back all season, a right back in Azpilicueta at left back, all the while leaving one of the best left backs in the world in Filipe Luis on the bench.

MDFC Manager

Apparently this was out in Italy:

ACCORDO CON IL MANCHESTER UNITED PER LA CESSIONE DEFINITIVA DEL CALCIATORE PAUL POGBA

Torino, 9 agosto 2016 – Juventus Football Club S.p.A. comunica di aver perfezionato l’accordo con la società Manchester United Football Club Limited per la cessione a titolo definitivo del diritto alle prestazioni sportive del calciatore Paul Labile Pogba per un importo di € 105 milioni pagabili in due anni. Il valore di acquisto potrà incrementarsi di € 5 milioni al verificarsi di determinate condizioni nel corso della durata contrattuale.

Tale operazione genera un effetto economico positivo di circa € 72,6 milioni, al netto del contributo di solidarietà e degli oneri accessori.

Edit: Club statement in English

Turin, 9 August 2016 – Juventus Football Club S.p.A. announces that an agreement has been finalized with Manchester United Football Club Limited for the definitive transfer of the registration rights of the player Paul Labile Pogba for a consideration of € 105 million to be paid in two financial years. The consideration may increase of € 5 million on achieving given conditions in the course of the duration of the contract.
The economic effect is positive for about € 72.6 million, net of solidarity subsidy and auxiliary expenses.
Nice work, Woody and Raiola. Didn't cave in where they could well have.

@VP89 @Insanity We've paid the world record €105m to Juventus but nothing of the 20% to Raiola business. That's gone from the pockets of Juventus, if at all.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Fantastic to see him back at United. Also Juventus press release says they are getting net amount of 72 Million euros after all the expenses, so we aren't paying the agent either. So much for many saying we are spending 130-140 Million for Pogba.

Anyways can't wait to watch him play for United.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Away for 4 years and finally home. Still speaks perfect english.

Valencia... can you please explain your inability to conduct an interview in the language of the land you have adopted for the past 8-10 years?

xplatformjedi

Supports
Pittsburgh Steelers
I'm still not so optimistic about the transfer but it's nice to see him back :)

Why not? If you don't mind me asking?

1. Jose seems more adaptable than LVG
2. Paul is the best overall midfielder the Reds have had in years
3. Do you think, at worst, Rooney would be the teams #10 for more than 3 months?

As long as Jose doesn't try to use Paul as a holding midfielder (why would he...SEE Euros), or as a #10 (which Mickey would be the better at) how is this not a great move for Manchester United?

I really hope your answer doesn't include transfer cost.

MDFC Manager

They also have to pay solidarity fees to his old clubs which means we get 5% of it back. About 4.5m.
:lol: Just gets better!

Although, part of it would go to Le Havre, or is it just to the clubs where a player has played professional football?

MDFC Manager

Having another world class talent in the squad should lift the rest of the squad. Should make this transfer well worth the amount spent

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Really hope he is fit enough already and can at least make a sub appearance against Bournemouth :drool: Most likely we'll have to wait for Southampton but I'm so pumped for this now

Status
Not open for further replies.