Paul Pogba: My attitude wasn't right

Quizierda

No.

He’s playing proffesional football for Manchester United. If his attitude or motivation is being impacted by other people, he shouldn’t be playing for the football club. End of story.

The whole situation is embarrassing. All the nonsense about systems, tactics, some of his passing today was absolutely disgraceful.

For people to say “good on him for coming out and saying it” it just as bad. Nonsense. He shouldn’t be saying it because his commitment shouldn’t be an issue in the first place.

I play rugby to a high level and for a proffesional athlete at this level of the game not to go into a fixture with the correct attitude is an absolute disgrace. Inexcusable.
Never have I said that I acceppt it or defend his attitude. However the payers are only humans as well and I can understand that you face motivational difficulties at "work" (whatever it may be) when your supervisor is still trying to tell you that Bing is the biggest search engine in 2018!

Jim Reaper

its actually good to see the players take responsability for the weak performances. Jose did not ask them to play like that and even if he did, at a certain point you have to ignore what the manager wants a just go for it. No one did.

RK

"Attitude" can mean any feeling in this context.

Clearly he let frustration get the better of him a few times in the game, perhaps that's all he's recognising here.

Hantwo

Supports
Liverpool
It could mean a million things, he doesn't feel he was positive in his attacking or covering ground quick enough etc, I wouldn't read too much into it - I heard it as someone taking responsibility for a poor performance not my attitude was that I couldn't be bothered etc

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
It was obvious anyway. Pogba from the WC/Pogba vs Leicester and the sloppy one who showed up today were completely different in terms of attitude

Rory 7

His response was "ask him, I dont want to speak for others". If you watch Jose interview he didn't want to publicly criticise any players for the press.
Probably Pogba was aware of that and didn't want to speak out of turn.

Seriously too many conspiracy theories here.
It’s hardly a conspiracy theory to say José criticised our players in the summer time; specifically Pogba. And now we have Pogba saying he is going into games with the wrong attitude. There is stuff going on behind the scenes between these two, it’s pretty obvious at this point. I nearly got sick when I heard Pogba’s interview just now. In fairness to Mourinho he only went as far as calling out ‘big mistakes’ today with no fingers being pointed or names being named. The manager could have called out the ‘attitude’ but he knows it’s pointless with this bunch of big time Charlies.

Turkleton

"Attitude" can mean any feeling in this context.

Clearly he let frustration get the better of him a few times in the game, perhaps that's all he's recognising here.
This is what I think. It's easier to recognise after an incident than during that you're doing something wrong.

James Peril

His English is so and so, a lot can be incorrectly presented in an interview straight after a match. He controled everything for us once again, albeit not with the same production as last week. The runs he had to deal with were atrocious to say the least, no chemistry at all out there. Had a good shot on goal and scored the penalty, he wasn’t the worst today. A lot of 2’s and 3’s, Pogba gets a 5 from me.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
I think it was his way of saying the manager can't motivate the team. And honestly, in some respects I don't blame him.

You should always try and give your best but I don't think any of our players enjoy their football at the moment and it's understandable.
Wow

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
It’s not fecking acceptable, let alone the captain of the team.

Imagine Keane, Robson, Cantona etc coming out after a defeat in which we didn’t even put up a fight saying their attitude wasn’t right.

Absolute joke.
Both Keane and Cantona had attitude problems but were managed properly.

AllezLesDiables

Captain is just a player with an armband. Fact is, no one in our team stepped up today. Also, we've had similar performances where Pogba hasnt been captain.
That’s been part of the problem. The armband shouldn’t be reduced to some fashion plate. It supposed to denote the leader a player who would “bleed Manchester Red” and puts the club above anything else.

Does that sound like Paul Pogba to you? Nope.

SammyUnited_83

I don't think he is even that good tbh.

Certainly doesn't have the impact of a club record signing.

Hopefully the next manager will get more out of him.

Draco1986

Do not sell him. Get rid of the Manager. Let the new manager come in and build a team around Pogba.

fellaini's barber

It could (and probably) will be used that way.

Quite a smart thing to say if Pogba does have an issue with Mourinho. Initially people ask 'why aren't the players mentally prepared?' from an individual perspective. Then after people ask 'wait, why isn't the manager preparing them right?'
At some point someone will have to explain how friction with a manager is supposed to turn players to drunks on the pitch. I've watched players have spats with their managers over the years and they still manage to look like footballers. We make too many excuses for shit performances from players on here

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I miss the days when the right attitude was basically a given. It's what everything needs to be built on

Ban

He only said their attitude wasn't right.
I don't see a dig at Mourinho, him wanting to go to Barcelona it white rabbits.

Golden Nugget

He talked about the Brighton players having more hunger - started to say that the players came out with the wrong attitude then changed it to say he had the wrong attitude and absorbed all the blame.

Didn’t feel like he was blaming José at all or suggesting anything bad between them.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Nipped in here after the initial pure gutted feeling had gone, and see the captain saying his attitude wasn't right!
The absolute heck is going on here.

OldSchoolManc

Flattering to deceive.
The World Cup winning Paul Pogba, kept it simple and played for the team.
At United, he plays for himself. Step overs, turns and shite passes when the obvious play will be the better option. The definition of a fancy Dan.
Better to cut our losses now. He’s a luxury player.

SammyUnited_83

He’s a world class player when he’s in a good structure and his head is in the right place - see World Cup, see Juve. He’d be great for Barca in my opinion.
Not world class yet imo. Definitely could get there, but, even in a shite team (like us) he would stand out more if he was world class now.

izzydiggler

It could just be an innocent attempt at taking responsibility for such a poor team/individual performance but I (and this could just be misplaced paranoia) suspect it's another attempt to undermine the manager and a show of how unhappy he is - as soon as he mentioned attitude, you knew there'll be a million stories and media inquests about why his attitude was poor...they're obviously going to speculate about his relationship with the manager.

He knows this...all seems like he's playing a game, especially after the comments last week.

Ban

Has all the tools to be but not a wc player right now even if we don't count if he's in a row with Jose or not. Fame has already gotten into his head.

crossy1686

career ending
Reading into Pogba's comments, what I took from it:

He was poor, the team was poor but he scored a penalty and did about enough in the second half to suggest he was one of out 'better' players. Coming out and saying something like that will get you some stick but ultimately people will say "well why hasn't the manager got him playing right?". It sounded to me like another Pogba play in the Pogba vs Jose chess match that is apparently going on.

We could easily fix the Pogba issue by getting someone else in as good as him. At the moment he does what the feck he wants because he's indispensable.