Paul Pogba / turned down United offer of 300k as “nothing”

Tallis

A modest wage increase isn’t in excess of 10%, not sure what planet you’re on with that point of view? I don’t really see what he’s done to increase his worth to the team? He has no defined role and isn’t an automatic choice, I can see why the club are going to give Bruno a big pay increase, not so much Pogba. Other clubs are cutting their wage bill, he’ll find it hard to get anyone to match his current salary.
I am happy to take a wager that when he leaves for a free, someone will give him more than 10-20% increase on his current pay.

Tallis

What has he done to deserve that modest wage increase?
Perhaps, nothing. But that’s not how these contract works...

If he can walk away to another club for an increase of 20-30 % and big sign on, then we may need to offer him 10-20% to keep him. It’s nothing to do with what he deserves.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Perhaps, nothing. But that’s not how these contract works...

If he can walk away to another club for an increase of 20-30 % and big sign on, then we may need to offer him 10-20% to keep him. It’s nothing to do with what he deserves.
Seriously, you’d pay more to keep him? What we pay him is absolutely to do with what he deserves and he doesn’t deserve what we pay him now.

So say we pay him more to keep him, then no other club wants to buy him, we’re then stuck with him. Still putting up with all of the nonsense that surrounds him and paying him more all at the same time?

redmanx

Seriously, you’d pay more to keep him? What we pay him is absolutely to do with what he deserves and he doesn’t deserve what we pay him now.

So say we pay him more to keep him, then no other club wants to buy him, we’re then stuck with him. Still putting up with all of the nonsense that surrounds him and paying him more all at the same time?
Pay him more? Why? If all Pogbas interested in is money we should show him the door and accept a low offer just to be rid of him. Hes been very well paid but his performances over the last 5/6 years have not warranted it and certainly dont warrant an increase. The truth is Pogba has flattered to decieve throughout his time with us, giving one half decent performance every now and then but mostly simply going through the motions at best. Yes, he has it in him to be a fabulous player but when will we see that? When will he become the player we thought we had purchased; hes 28 now and should be in his prime. Sell him and be rid of him.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Pay him more? Why? If all Pogbas interested in is money we should show him the door and accept a low offer just to be rid of him. Hes been very well paid but his performances over the last 5/6 years have not warranted it and certainly dont warrant an increase. The truth is Pogba has flattered to decieve throughout his time with us, giving one half decent performance every now and then but mostly simply going through the motions at best. Yes, he has it in him to be a fabulous player but when will we see that? When will he become the player we thought we had purchased; hes 28 now and should be in his prime. Sell him and be rid of him.
I know, it’s bonkers that there are any supporters even contemplating paying him more. It would be an insult to the players that are happy playing for United and are committed to the club.

RazorOz

Can't believe so many people are willing to let Pogba go. We were generally absolutely shite without Pogba last season, he makes the team tick time after time, and is the only player normally who can move the ball from back to front quickly in the team.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Can't believe so many people are willing to let Pogba go. We were generally absolutely shite without Pogba last season, he makes the team tick time after time, and is the only player normally who can move the ball from back to front quickly in the team.
You mean when he played wide right? That's the only time I can remember how we looked better when we had Pogba in our front four. However, we got new player Sancho to play in that wide role. We literary beat City 2-0 without him.

SinNombre

We were so shit without him that we literally had more points per game with every other central midfielder starting.

The fact that our highest points per game was with Matic starting (again) clearly demonstrates what our midfield needs and doesn’t.

Tarrou

its because he wants to leave, not because people don’t rate him (whilst some don’t, it’s just a minority)

I love him but it’s time we got rid and moved on

Red_toad

I am happy to take a wager that when he leaves for a free, someone will give him more than 10-20% increase on his current pay.
I’ll wager if you go ask your boss for a ‘modest’ 15% pay increase you’ll get laughed at.
I care not what another club pays a player. When it’s United related it should always be performance based. He’s done nothing to earn another 20%

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Slash pogbas wage and bench him, that'll make him jump ship this summer.

Marcus

If United want to keep him, maybe Pogba's pay can be increased, but the guaranteed proportion reduced. The remaining proportion will be performance based, including by the team as a whole.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
The fact that our highest points per game was with Matic starting (again) clearly demonstrates what our midfield needs and doesn’t.
While I do think a better, younger version of Matic would be something like what we need, if that stat is true it doesn't really mean anything. Matic only tended to face the lower teams. He didn't start against Man City, Liverpool or Chelsea at all, or even against the likes of Arsenal, Aston Villa or Everton. The only decent teams he faced in the league were Spurs (when we lost 6-1) and Leicester (when we lost 2-1).

UpWithRivers

The main problem is not wage increases or staying or going its where is he going to play. We have seen time and time again. Manager after manager discussing how to fit Pogba in. We saw it last year when he was shifted left and Rashford RW. Ole doesnt trust the Pogba double pivot, he prefers McFred. This just cant keep happening. But yet somehow everyone still thinks that he will become the double pivot king. Even though this hasnt worked for 5 years. Sure it has on occasion but not over the season or in big games. Put it this way would you really bet your house that Pogba + Fred pivot will be fine against City/Chelsea/Liverpool? Against Barca/PSG/Bayern etc in Champs league? Nope. So what's the point of him? And dont say Camavinga. Pogba/Camavinga? Yeah right.

Maybe it can work. I cant see it but maybe. Especially if we get a really good DM. Maybe. But either way if Pogba stays it has to work. This will be the most crucial thing Ole needs to do. No point in Sancho and Varane if the midfield sucks.

I don’t want him to leave, but I certainly don’t want him leaving on a free and with that hanging over the club all season.
Being part of a PSG dream team would suit him down to the ground in fairness, I still think that despite being an incredible footballer, English football just isn’t a great fit for him.

buchansleftleg

I'm looking forward to watching the London Marathon under these new rules. I always found them running consistently in one direction really boring.

Having them zig-zag across the road, run forwards and backwards and have them try and trip each other up every now and then will make it much more enjoyable.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
female world record holder for Olympic lift clean and jerk is 190kg, I'd expect any male athlete professional to get within 10% of that too tbh. I mean look at the muscles of Bruno or de gea
I genuinely think Fernandes’ arms would break

nainaisson

I wonder if you've actually seen us play last season. Our best performances were at Everton, Leeds at home, and at City, and he was either on the bench or injured for all of them.

GoldanoGraham

It’s the annual circus I can’t stand……I’d have more respect if he just came out with a statement either way so everyone knows where they are - the devisive nature of his agent is what makes the whole saga that more frustrating for everyone

SplitzMagic

Why not swap him for mbappe? Both have 1 year left on their contracts.

If not and Pogba stays we'll all be sick to our stomachs next year when Real Madrid sign both of them for free and Haaland for 67m.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
While I do think a better, younger version of Matic would be something like what we need, if that stat is true it doesn't really mean anything. Matic only tended to face the lower teams. He didn't start against Man City, Liverpool or Chelsea at all, or even against the likes of Arsenal, Aston Villa or Everton. The only decent teams he faced in the league were Spurs (when we lost 6-1) and Leicester (when we lost 2-1).
This is always ignored when these sort of comparisons are brought up to slate a player. I'm not too concerned either way, but I think people are swift to forget how well he was playing earlier in the season.

Tarrou

If not and Pogba stays we'll all be sick to our stomachs next year when Real Madrid sign both of them for free and Haaland for 67m.
because PSG won't swap him for Mbappe

Womp

idiot

Because Mbappe is worth more than double Pogba is.

-Supreme-

Tbf I'd be surprised a decision has not been made yet given the complete silence from his camp.

Redlyn

It’s the annual circus I can’t stand……I’d have more respect if he just came out with a statement either way so everyone knows where they are - the devisive nature of his agent is what makes the whole saga that more frustrating for everyone
I want him to resign for a token increase or else be sold for a decent amount. But it would be against his own interest to make a statement now with no agreements in place. It would weaken whatever position he wants. The best thing for him is to play both sides against each other till he gets what he wants where he wants it.

Whatever the case may be I hope it ends next week.

TheRedDevil2019

Let Pogba join the main circus act (Neymar) at PSG. He'll be right in his element and when the curtain calls, I'm gonna enjoy the inevitable clash/fallout, whilst my beloved United move on from this clown. I'll also predict Poch won't last more than 6 months with those diva's causing issue after issue.

redmanx

The main problem is not wage increases or staying or going its where is he going to play. We have seen time and time again. Manager after manager discussing how to fit Pogba in. We saw it last year when he was shifted left and Rashford RW. Ole doesnt trust the Pogba double pivot, he prefers McFred. This just cant keep happening. But yet somehow everyone still thinks that he will become the double pivot king. Even though this hasnt worked for 5 years. Sure it has on occasion but not over the season or in big games. Put it this way would you really bet your house that Pogba + Fred pivot will be fine against City/Chelsea/Liverpool? Against Barca/PSG/Bayern etc in Champs league? Nope. So what's the point of him? And dont say Camavinga. Pogba/Camavinga? Yeah right.

Maybe it can work. I cant see it but maybe. Especially if we get a really good DM. Maybe. But either way if Pogba stays it has to work. This will be the most crucial thing Ole needs to do. No point in Sancho and Varane if the midfield sucks.
Pogba has been tried in just about every position possibe in midfield, none has worked for him or us, at least not consistently or in fact anywhere near it. The common denoniminator in all this is...Paul Pogba. Does he try hard enuogh to make a position his own? Has he got the desire? He has the skill, Ive never doubted that, but I dont think he has the heart, as was shown again in Frances defeat to Switzerland; Pogba simply wasnt prepared to do the gutty things, defending, tackling, chasing and this in all likelyhood cost France the trophy. Pogba is a luxury, self indulgent and careless and will never be in the same bracket as Ronaldo, Messi, Zidane, Cruyff, Pele or any other top, top player. What a waste of his undoubted talent.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Tbf I'd be surprised a decision has not been made yet given the complete silence from his camp.
The decision will be hold on for a year and get colossal wad from whoever doesn't have to pay a fee.

Only deviation to this is if we're mad enough to offer some ludicrous 5-6 year deal on wages that make De Gea look underpaid.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Pogba has been tried in just about every position possibe in midfield, none has worked for him or us, at least not consistently or in fact anywhere near it. The common denoniminator in all this is...Paul Pogba. Does he try hard enuogh to make a position his own? Has he got the desire? He has the skill, Ive never doubted that, but I dont think he has the heart, as was shown again in Frances defeat to Switzerland; Pogba simply wasnt prepared to do the gutty things, defending, tackling, chasing and this in all likelyhood cost France the trophy. Pogba is a luxury, self indulgent and careless and will never be in the same bracket as Ronaldo, Messi, Zidane, Cruyff, Pele or any other top, top player. What a waste of his undoubted talent.
I agree. He is miles off them.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Why would you even put him next to those players ? 99% of pro footballers don't come close to them

sp_107

Sell him for 50M and use that money on Brozovic(25M) + Carmavinga(35M) can be a good business.

Brozovic can provide some window for Carmabinga to settle in as Brozovic and Fred can play in midfield in few games.

I think Fred has an attacking side if he got someone like Brozovic playing alongside him.