Paul Pogba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drifter

American
Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba has ruled out a move to his former club Manchester United or European champions Real Madrid.

The 21-year-old was linked with a move away from Serie A in the summer, with Chelsea and Manchester United both eyeing up a transfer.

However, last month Pogba signed a new deal at Juventus to keep him with the club until 2019 and the France international admits he is happy in Turin.

"Transfer rumours to Real Madrid? It's a great club, but I feel very well at Juventus," Pogba told Maxifoot.

"I hope to stay here for long. Manchester United? I will ask why they let me go.

"I came here and I am very happy to wear the Bianconeri jersey. Everything is fine."

Read more at http://talksport.com/football/blow-...rafford-move-141124126135#9Wyu10PVKypzy6tP.99

RuudTom83

He should come back to Manchester and have a chat with Woody.

Much has changed since he departed and if he feels he has unfinished business with the club then United should open the doors wide enough to fit his huge head through the doors.

The premiership would be a better place if Pogba was in it!

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Excellent game this weekend apparently, saw the highlights and indeed he looked bright. He seemingly bossed the midfield and is doing very well, though his manager is asking him to do so consistently now (though I guess that's to keep him grounded mostly).

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
:lol: Some legends never die. Regardless of a lot of reports that he accepted a lower wage for Juve than what we offered to him.
Oh of course, nothing greedy about him or his agent. Nothing at all.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Excellent game this weekend apparently, saw the highlights and indeed he looked bright. He seemingly bossed the midfield and is doing very well, though his manager is asking him to do so consistently now (though I guess that's to keep him grounded mostly).
He needs to do those type of performances in the CL. He's a confirmed great Serie A player now but he needs to reach another level.

anver

Shart stop
He should come back to Manchester and have a chat with Woody.

Much has changed since he departed and if he feels he has unfinished business with the club then United should open the doors wide enough to fit his huge head through the doors.

The premiership would be a better place if Pogba was in it!
Only his head. Let his body be outside. The twat.

OldTrevil

Just watched a replay of Lazio v Juve, very impressive from Pogba indeed. His languid style and calmness on the ball is Yaya Touresque but his ceiling is so high with so many skills at such a young age. I like how he controlled his area of midfield as well, telling others who to mark and where a pass was likely to go. What a midfield they have though, it was very bitter sweet enjoying their play and thinking of our midfield.

Hemil

Supports
Chelsea
How much will it cost to get a homegrown player like him to Chelsea?

anver

Shart stop
Why do people say this ?
"I hope to stay here for long. Manchester United? I will ask why they let me go."

Who let him go? He came here, as a raw recruit, took advantage of our training, academy, and when he was being groomed to take over, he became impatient. He wanted to quit, and refused to sign a new contract. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
"I hope to stay here for long. Manchester United? I will ask why they let me go."

Who let him go? He came here, as a raw recruit, took advantage of our training, academy, and when he was being groomed to take over, he became impatient. He wanted to quit, and refused to sign a new contract. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Well it's easier to look at this from the prismatic perspective of a United fan and blame Pogba for the fallout leading up to his departure but these things go both ways. We didn't train him out of courtesy, but with the intentions of profiting from his talents on the cheap. Let's not pretend that the club we support is a sanctuary to young players like Pogba. He was extracted from Le Havre for a pittance (did we adequately compensate the tiny French club for forcefully snapping up one of their rough diamonds ? We certainly did not). They even lodged a case with FIFA bemoaning United's conduct amid allegations of us swaying his parents with guaranteed financial gains. Clubs like United and Arsenal and Chelsea and Barcelona most other European giants do the same. So its rather self righteous to then claim higher ground.

These are professional athletes with very short shelf lives, who have at times given up on their education to pursue football and I wouldn't blame him for looking out for his own career. One could probably count any number of players who were heavily touted as prospects but stagnated as a consequence of getting buried behind the existing club hierarchy, sometimes even costing them the chance to have successful careers and financial safety. Who's to say Pogba wouldn't have ended up like one of the youngsters churned out of the conveyor belt at top clubs, players who go on to have mediocre success at mid-table clubs ?

We just cannot discern the circumstances behind closed doors peering in from the outside. There's just not a lot of public evidence supporting the claims of either side, none of us know what promises (if any) Fergie made to Pogba or about the supposed greed of the player. But there certainly was a distinct lack of faith shown in the player evinced by the reluctance to play him regularly despite key players missing out in midfield. If we were so keen on keeping him at United, we'd have done something similar to what happened with Adnan (who was linked with PSG too and whose agents made some rather unsettling remarks prior to the contract negotiations which included a minimum playing time clause). We weren't willing to provide that very playing time guarantee in Pogba's case, which speaks of a lack of real intent for keeping him on-board. If he was truly valued, Fergie and Gill would've moved heaven and earth to renegotiate a contract.

Count Orduck

Maybe he really should play in a system with minimal defensive responsibility and maximum attacking freedom.
So what you mean to say is "maybe he should be a direct replacement for Toure at City"? ;) Because, sadly, that's what I can see happening. He's just too perfect for them: their system depends so much on Toure that they'll really start suffering when he gets too old. Suddenly there's a youngster who may even be even better, and then you don't even have to change the system anymore. The fact that they'd absolutely love rubbing our noses in it would only make the deal seem sweeter to them.

I don't think it'll happen this summer, mind you. Pogba's still young, he can spend another year in Italy learning his trade until he's ready to move. And Toure's still got a year left in his legs, definitely.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
So what you mean to say is "maybe he should be a direct replacement for Toure at City"? ;) Because, sadly, that's what I can see happening. He's just too perfect for them: their system depends so much on Toure that they'll really start suffering when he gets too old. Suddenly there's a youngster who may even be even better, and then you don't even have to change the system anymore. The fact that they'd absolutely love rubbing our noses in it would only make the deal seem sweeter to them.

I don't think it'll happen this summer, mind you. Pogba's still young, he can spend another year in Italy learning his trade until he's ready to move. And Toure's still got a year left in his legs, definitely.
I can absolutely see this happening which is a shame.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

Tbh, it's exactly what I had in my mind. Despite being a little different to Toure, he'd be a perfect replacement of sorts. What Pogba needs to learn more than anyuthing else is to stay 100% focused during matches and not just think that his awesome natural talent will be enough. You can see in the way he plays, such an ease with the ball at his feet, he makes it look too easy and at times even careless.

SonnyTheHaloPro

"Van Gaal is David Moyes +£150million"
:lol:

Every United fan and his Dog knew what a wicked player Pogba was going to end up becoming, I remember back in school in 2012 everyone was buzzing about Pogba and hoping he would become a regular in our midfield (our MF was was pretty bad even back then). He came on against Stoke and I thought Fergie would give him loads of games considering the quality he showed, against Wolves as well, he was absolutely bossing them and he was only 18/19.

This is just one of those players some United fans including me will never get over, I really hope someone asks Fergie and gets a full detailed response on why he was let go or why he ended up leaving, and Tbf to Pogba, I would have left as well if I knew I had his ability and other players like Rafael were getting games in midfield ahead of him. However I also understand that Fergie was caught up in a title race and wanted to play players he could trust to perform.

Gannicus

I've read on another forum that Strootman looked fantastic in Roma's win over Udinese. True or not, I have no idea.

Forget Pogba and go with Strootman, exactly the kind of mid we do need, right now. We don't need Kevin to secure a top four place -- which is our sole objective right now -- but we do need to start bedding in a new midfielder so we can hit the ground running in the season.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Very good player, followed his progression with the youth side. Letting him go (or whatever happened there) wasn't Fergie's best bit of business. Have him back here in a heartbeat, but he'd cost a hell of a lot.

Considering his age, 50m wouldn't be a terrible amount to pay for him. He has the ability to be the best midfielder in Europe over the next 5-10 years.

Bwuk

The youth team he came through was brilliant. Morrison and Pogba had the talent to be our midfield. Shame Morrisons a complete idiot and Pogba left us.

No one can blame Pogba either, why we played Park and Rafael in midfield ahead of him is mind boggling.

We wouldn't go back for him I don't think though but if we did, a midfield containing Blind, Herrera and Pogba would be a very strong one for the future.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I've read on another forum that Strootman looked fantastic in Roma's win over Udinese. True or not, I have no idea.

Forget Pogba and go with Strootman, exactly the kind of mid we do need, right now. We don't need Kevin to secure a top four place -- which is our sole objective right now -- but we do need to start bedding in a new midfielder so we can hit the ground running in the season.
I watched 20 minutes of the second half, it was such a dreary game it's impossible to judge anyone apart from Maicon who looked Sunday League. Strootman didn't stick out while I was watching and apparently not in the first half either.

I'm starting to think Serie A is a bad place to scout from these days.

Devil may care

I watched the Inter/Juve game tonight, Pogba was class once again, he's a true box to box CM and still has so much room to develop.

Status
Not open for further replies.