Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedCurry

If Riola isn't his agent, then why is this even worth discussing?

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Great player, destined to be a balloon door winner.

LoSpritz

Should have signed him when he was at Palermo, his talent was obvious. Contrary to someone like Vietto, who had a purple patch and scored some time for Villarreal, Dybala's class outshone him and he showed it during pretty much the whole season.

I know Juve were in for him at the end of the season, but we could have doubled his wages and also offered more money to Palermo. he was getting whored around by the president to get the biggest offer, he went for a steal at 35m in the end.
This is something i just can't understand about our club. You saw his potential, i saw it, we all saw it. Why didn't we bid back then? Why don't we ever cut out the middle man? Why wait until these players cost a fortune and have other tempting offers around Europe?
Juve seem to be good at buying early, Monaco, Dortmund too.
Hell, if you're a scouser you must be awestruck at how Southampton do it!

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Time again for Woodward to 'do things in transfer market other clubs can only dream about'.

Trizy

He's good with brilliant potential but some of the comments on here you'd swear he was Messi :lol:

GrandJury

I need me a Seth rollins cashing in money in the bank with woody's face gif.

Andersons Dietician

I'd rather Dybala over Griezman, easily. Problem is Griezman has a set price at 100mil. Dybala in the current market surely would be the 2nd or 3rd most expensive player in the world so I'd guess somewhere around 150-200.

Another problem is he isn't really that big of a name. Half the folks on talking reds had never even heard of him until the Madrid game. Should have got him whilst he was at Palermo. He looked a real talent and I think Juve got an agreement mid season with them if I remember right.

As for coming to us just can't see it at all.

DarkXaero

I would love to have Dybala here and if he's on the market, then we should make a serious push to get him. That being said, it doesn't seem to me that Dybala would want to play in England or for Manchester United, not when Spanish clubs are in for him. Just last season, he said something about Pogba leaving CL finalist Juventus for Europa league Manchester United (at that point we were in the EL knockout stages). Also, Dybala's publicly known love of Barcelona and Barca's desperation to sign another star after Neymar leaving. Here's hoping Barca eventually sign Coutinho.

luke511

How much would Juventus ask for Dybala after the summer just gone? Surely only the likes of City and Barcelona can afford their potential asking price.. That Neymar transfer has truly fecked everything up.

red thru&thru

When will people realise, we CAN compete for him. Whether we get him or not, that's a different question. There are so many different factors to take into account.

But can we compete for him? Yes we can. We've shown that we have the money, plenty of times. The difference now is, we have a manager who is more shrewed in spending the money.

Trizy

Didn't he just say like 3 weeks ago that the only way he'd leave Juv was if the president didn't want him?

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Should have signed him when he was at Palermo, his talent was obvious. Contrary to someone like Vietto, who had a purple patch and scored some time for Villarreal, Dybala's class outshone him and he showed it during pretty much the whole season.

I know Juve were in for him at the end of the season, but we could have doubled his wages and also offered more money to Palermo. he was getting whored around by the president to get the biggest offer, he went for a steal at 35m in the end.
This thread is a bit funny in hindsight.

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/dybala-vs-vietto-vs-lacazette-vs-berahino.402389/

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
He's good with brilliant potential but some of the comments on here you'd swear he was Messi :lol:
Cute face, comes from huge football nation, is hyped up as Messi's successor. Bound to be very marketable.

Crashoutcassius

Talented guy but hasn't proven anything at all, does well in the most dominant team in Italy, plays very deep and gets a bit lost in the tougher cl games - certainly not their big player. Could see him going to Paris where the pressure is less and it's very easy to score a lot of goals. Would prefer AG as he is proven 7 ways to Sunday at this stage. This guy is a nice talent tho and could be a great signing for sure

poacher

This is something i just can't understand about our club. You saw his potential, i saw it, we all saw it. Why didn't we bid back then? Why don't we ever cut out the middle man? Why wait until these players cost a fortune and have other tempting offers around Europe?
Juve seems to be good at buying early, Monaco, Dortmund too.
Hell, if you're a scouser you must be awestruck at how Southampton do it!
I wrote a post about Manchester United needing better scouting. To be fair we hired Juve senior scout in June so hopefully, we will pick up some gems in the future. It does my head in when we consider players like Eric Dyer or Danny Rose for 60m when we could go to Europe and get better players for much cheaper. Why did the club not get Sergie Aurier to supplement/replace Valencia at 23m is crazy. Spurs sold Kyle Walker for 52m and then replaced him with arguably a better player at half the cost. I am not sure why United don't grab great deals like that.

Nedved

Talented guy but hasn't proven anything at all, does well in the most dominant team in Italy, plays very deep and gets a bit lost in the tougher cl games - certainly not their big player. Could see him going to Paris where the pressure is less and it's very easy to score a lot of goals. Would prefer AG as he is proven 7 ways to Sunday at this stage. This guy is a nice talent tho and could be a great signing for sure
Baffling. Juventus would not have won been the most dominant team in the league without Dybala. Did you see the league table?

He also kicked out minnows Barcelona in the Champions League semi final last year with two beautiful goals.

Bestietom

He is another who could end up here at Old Trafford I feel.. Mourinho is not done yet and I would expect big names to come here next summer..

Kurosawa

Supports
Liverpool
Time again for Woodward to 'do things in transfer market other clubs can only dream about'.
With the way PSG are going about their business, You'll be joining us in the 'dreamers ' club.

From the perspective of a football fan, I'd want to see him play in a two with Ronaldo, Isco at CAM in a diamond. Think he'd offer what Benzema does and more.

Last edited:

Zlatattack

Miki Greizman Dybala
Lukaku

:eek::eek::eek:

;)
I'd love to see that, or something like it. I don't know why we don't go to that level of excess at Manchester United. Barca had MSN, Real have done galacticos for years, Bayern had the same stellar style line ups. Today City and PSG are trying it too. The only time I recall us having such talent overload was tevez-rooney-ronaldo.

The 99 team were stellar too but I think it was more the midfield. There were better individual strikers in the world, but not midfielders, I think we had 4 who were the best of the best.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Miki Greizman Dybala
Lukaku

:eek::eek::eek:

;)
I don't think we should be signing one of the best shadow striker forwards in the game to then play him on the left of a attacking trio behind the striker. Can he play there? Yes, he definitely can because he's a relatively complete attacker. But he's tremendous through the center where he can weave in-and-out behind the center forward.

For reference, this is his average position for Juventus when he's close to firing on all cylinders:

When you sign a player of that caliber (someone who can be a Ballon D'Or Top 5 player in the immediate future), you need to build around him by assembling a complementary cast - not shoehorn into the side in a position that likely won't bring the best out of him.

United Pro

I don't think we should be signing one of the best shadow striker forwards in the game to then play him on the left of a attacking trio behind the striker. Can he play there? Yes, he definitely can because he's a relatively complete attacker. But he's tremendous through the center where he can weave in-and-out behind the center forward.

For reference, this is his average position for Juventus when he's close to firing on all cylinders:

When you sign a player of that caliber (someone who can be a Ballon D'Or Top 5 player in the immediate future), you need to build around him by assembling a complementary cast - not shoehorn into the side in a position that likely won't bring the best out of him.
I think if we were to sign him, it'll be as an alternative to Griezmann. So, he'll be playing as a secondary striker next to Lukaku.

beingshe7don

We won't get him because we are after Griezmann. He could go to Barca in the next couple years since they would want to find replacements for Iniesta, Xavi, Suarez and eventually Messi. Coutinho will join them next summer and will be Iniesta's replacement. Dybala could be Suarez's replacement with the front three being Dembele --- Messi --- Dybala. Verrati was supposed to be Xavi's heir but since the resurgence of PSG and it flexing it's financial muscle, it would be difficult to get their top players. We as united need to get Griezmann in but Dybala to replace Mata on the right wing would be super crazy as well. Dybala is also good friends with Pogba. Getting Pogba to United was a masterstroke by Woodward and Mourinho.

Status
Not open for further replies.