Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyanza

This is something i just can't understand about our club. You saw his potential, i saw it, we all saw it. Why didn't we bid back then? Why don't we ever cut out the middle man? Why wait until these players cost a fortune and have other tempting offers around Europe?
Juve seem to be good at buying early, Monaco, Dortmund too.
Hell, if you're a scouser you must be awestruck at how Southampton do it!
The thing is, Monaco, Dortmund and Juventus have the time to patiently wait for a player to shine and it wouldn't hurt them much in their respective competitions as their main objetives (around the top for Dortmund and Monaco and a title for Juventus) are far easier to achieve than those of English top clubs (top 4 or a title). We spent 30 million on Lindelof's potential instead of 70 million on Van Dijk and you can see the result after a few unconvincing performances in frendlies in his performance thread - everybody is wondering why we don't go for the finished product. United are rich, sure, but that doesn't mean they can always throw 30 million at potential that may not perform immediately because sure, it worked out with Dybala after his performances at Palermo but what about Pastore for example? Showing huge potential for Palermo at the time, interest from most top clubs and in the end became just a good player, nothing more. Lavezzi at Napoli? The same.

I'm not trying to say we're doing perfectly with our business or bash those other clubs' amazing transfer business. It's just that our scouts are not retarded. They can see what you and I can see and it's not like buying the next potential word class player for no money is some genius thought that they haven't had. It's just not as simple.

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
It's either Griezmann or Dybala for United in which case AG makes a lot more sense and is the more natural fit.

...however, never know...what if United get Griezmann in January allowing them to be in on Dybala during the Summer

Can you imagine?

-------------Lukaku
Martial-----Dybala----Griezmann
--------Matic-------Pogba

:nervous:

Moonred

Robben? Bale? they score from all kinds of ranges.
Robben, Bale, Griezmann, Asensio all are great. Some of the non attacking ones like Marcelo is also pretty good. It's a subjective choice and I am discounting Bale because he is struggling a bit and Robben is at the twilight of his career. Asensio is too new.

Suedesi

Not too fussed about this guy. I watch Serie A religiously, and I think he's pumped up and overhyped by Juve. He scored 2 goals against Barca last year, but otherwise choked on the biggest stage.

I'd take Insigne over him, though I think neither is well suited for the PL.

PS - Also ppl who think is going to Barca, don't understand football. He plays in the exact position as Leo, so unless Leo is going somewhere, Paulo is staying put.

PPS - Amazing that such a great Raiola interview on Raisport generated little buzz, and just a throwaway comment at the end is getting all the muppets excited.

Posting it here for @devilish, @dichinero, @giorno etc
http://www.raisport.rai.it/dl/raiSp...ola-d35e4499-9967-4fd6-a144-cab1bedcacfe.html

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
What do you think about the transfer market?

In my opinion it wasn't special. Everyone speaks about Neymar. If we want to analyse the prices and take the Zidane deal a few years back. If you take everything in account (media rights etc) we reach the 220m mark too. Lets not forget that Barcelona spent alot for Neymar to bring him there and that Neymar wasn't bought by PSG but by a country.

What about Verratti? Will he remain at PSG?

I think yes. Now we need to organise his future. No one knows for sure what will happen in the future. I am not Merlin to know that. Lets plan little by little

What's your relationship with Milan and Mirabelli?

I have nothing against them. I don't believe in their project

What about the captain band to Donnarumma

Some promises were made and they weren't kept. They promised it to him in a bid to keep him there and that despite no one asking for it

You have angered de laurenties with your comment about Sarri

I think Napoli play a great football that is well appreciated throughout Europe. I meet many football people who ask information about him. De Laurentiis should be pissed off if no asked about Sarri instead

You said that you have proposed Insigne to Barcelona. What about that?

I didnt do that. Insigne has his own agent and his contract. We seem to want players to be slaves to their agents or their clubs. Anyway, I only showed appreciation to the player. I think he's good enough to play for the top clubs (including Barca and us) maybe even with Sarri

Balotelli is doing well. Is he happy at Nice and can he aim for the world cup?

I spoke with Mario and we decided he's better off there. No one hears about his private life anymore. We heard nothing from the national team. Sure Ventura called him on the phone but that is all

What about Inter's transfer market?

It was influenced by China more than by Italy. The Chinese seem to have stopped everything. This is sometimes good because too much money goes in the head. That doesnt allow you to use your brains. Case in point was Juventus who refrained from acting silly. That's not necessarly a bad thing

What about Dybala who had just signed a contract with Juve? Do you think he will remain there?

I think at the end he will leave Juventus

(then interview is cut short)

Here is a link that goes further

I think at the end he will leave Juventus. However it needs to be a club where he enters a project which is either made or formed around him. Its difficult for a young player like him to be a leader of lets say a reformed Barcelona. However if Barcelona make careful reforms and Dybala is part of that reform than that is fine. I also see Dybala do well at Real were he enters a great club or the Manchester clubs or Chelsea. These sort of clubs

Last edited:

The red panther

princess transfer emo
He will complete the amazing three up front for Paris most likely.

Dybala, Mbappe and Neymar is going to rule the world.
More like rule Paris and the french football competition. Meanwhile most people will still keep watching the PL or La Liga as it is alot more interesting to watch.

jesperjaap

I would take him over Griezmann and wasnt there rumours Mourinho sounded him out when he first got the job with us? Outside of Mbappe and Neymar for me he is one of the genuinely world class talents at the right age. Saying all that I cant see anything other than Dybala at one of the big two Spanish sides, though you cant rule out another ridiculous PSG fee either. Hope he doesnt go there though as they ruined the last great young Argentinian Pastore.

NoLogo

I don't think we should be signing one of the best shadow striker forwards in the game to then play him on the left of a attacking trio behind the striker. Can he play there? Yes, he definitely can because he's a relatively complete attacker. But he's tremendous through the center where he can weave in-and-out behind the center forward.

For reference, this is his average position for Juventus when he's close to firing on all cylinders:

When you sign a player of that caliber (someone who can be a Ballon D'Or Top 5 player in the immediate future), you need to build around him by assembling a complementary cast - not shoehorn into the side in a position that likely won't bring the best out of him.
He should certainly be the man behind Lukaku if we end up signing him, play a deep lying striker of sorts, which is imo what he is basically doing at Juve right now?

prtk0811

Imagine the price now that dembele costed 150 m euros and mbappe coast 180m.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
So basically nothing new there. Raiola doesn't have any inside knowledge anyway.
In my opinion, this is nothing more then a marketing ploy . Mino is basically telling Dybala that he's got the top clubs under his thumb + the experience to move him at the right time and only to a club who will develop him further. Earlier in the interview he did the same to Sarri and Insigne.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
He should certainly be the man behind Lukaku if we end up signing him, play a deep lying striker of sorts, which is imo what he is basically doing at Juve right now?
Yep, that's precisely what he's doing at Juventus, and did at Palermo alongside Vázquez. Last season, he was frequently played by Allegri as more of an attacking midfielder ahead of Pjanić and Khedira with Mandzukić and Cuardado/Alves on the flanks, and there was a marked effect on his game compared to when he was given more freedom as a forward. That said, he has the skillset and personality to eventually recede into a deeper attacking midfielder role with age - have more faith in him making that transition that Griezmann (who isn't as creative, or as good of a dribbler, and arguably doesn't see the field as well in terms of his passing). If United do sign him, we have a Higuaín-esque striker in Lukaku (in that he's not overly involved in the build-up and is a good finisher), but I'm not certain we have the requisite midfield structure right now to implement what will essentially be a 442 when Dybala presses forward:

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
Juventus general manager Beppe Marotta:
"Dybala? The player is the one that decides his fate, and if he wants to leave, it’ll be impossible to keep him"

Juventus mentality: if a players wants to leave they sell him, as happened with Tevez, Pirlo, Vidal, Pogba, Evra, Bonucci, D.Alves etc.
They don't force their best players to stay like other clubs (A.Sanchez, Verratti..)

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I'd weep with joy if he came to us, but I just can't see him coming to the PL.

It'll be scary if he goes to PSG, which is perfectly plausible. A front 3 of

Mbappe Dybala Neymar​

has the makings to dominate European football for a number of years if the rest of the team shapes up.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
With this 2010s club instalment and philosophy, you should be aware the sum is much higher than the parts, so Dybala is good as a cog in a well oiled machine but he can't make his fate at the highest level yet. In that sense, the only legit & sellable world class players we have this year are Chiellini, Alex Sandro and Mandzukic. All three would comfortably make their own impact almost everywhere, whatever the level. Dybala, not yet.

Zlatattack

I'd weep with joy if he came to us, but I just can't see him coming to the PL.

It'll be scary if he goes to PSG, which is perfectly plausible. A front 3 of

Mbappe Dybala Neymar​

has the makings to dominate European football for a number of years if the rest of the team shapes up.
If I were him I'd head off to Barcelona.

Stacks

The thing is, Monaco, Dortmund and Juventus have the time to patiently wait for a player to shine and it wouldn't hurt them much in their respective competitions as their main objetives (around the top for Dortmund and Monaco and a title for Juventus) are far easier to achieve than those of English top clubs (top 4 or a title). We spent 30 million on Lindelof's potential instead of 70 million on Van Dijk and you can see the result after a few unconvincing performances in frendlies in his performance thread - everybody is wondering why we don't go for the finished product. United are rich, sure, but that doesn't mean they can always throw 30 million at potential that may not perform immediately because sure, it worked out with Dybala after his performances at Palermo but what about Pastore for example? Showing huge potential for Palermo at the time, interest from most top clubs and in the end became just a good player, nothing more. Lavezzi at Napoli? The same.

I'm not trying to say we're doing perfectly with our business or bash those other clubs' amazing transfer business. It's just that our scouts are not retarded. They can see what you and I can see and it's not like buying the next potential word class player for no money is some genius thought that they haven't had. It's just not as simple.
Don't agree. We have often bought young talented players. Depay, Shaw, Martial are recent examples. Rooney, Ronaldo, and all the young players Ferguson bought through and have games to. Its probably just a case of missing the boat

Nedved

This isn't quite true, considering Juve bought Dybala (big Serie A talent) and Mandzukic (experienced big game player) the same summer and started the season with Mandzukic and Morata in attack. Dybala had to spend months getting into the starting XI. When Morata was brought in the season before, he also had to fight for a spot for several months against proven players Tevez and Llorente. Last season, 90 m euros was splurged on Higuain in order to guarantee continued Serie A-titles.

As you can see, Juve has never "waited patiently" for a player to shine as the main strategy, but rather spent on both the Lindelöf's and Van Dijks. Players with big potential have all started their Juve career as bench players and never as the main man, in order to make sure neither the results nor the new acquisitions suffer.

It's like you signing Ibra on a free (safe bet) while also investing in a young striker at the same time (Rashford, possible new acquisitions etc).

M Bison

Supports
York City

I agree to an extent, also we're not short of cash and if you were the manager, why risk buying a player that may come good at some point in the future when you could buy the finished article right now. English football is ruthless and clubs want immediate success so if i was the manager i'd want to buy players who i thought would give me the best chance of winning something immediately, cash/cost of a player is largely irrelevant.

CechMate1

Supports
Chelsea
This has got Real Madrid all over it. Their overdue a Galactico signing, especially with the moves PSG and Barca made in the summer and Dybala fits the bill perfectly

Jaybomb

Great player but after his comments about us when Pogba joined us, I wouldn't have him here.

serghei

Supports
FC Barcelona
Doesn't fit United at all anyway. Needs freedom to succeed, and won't get that in Mourinho's rather rigid setup.

Womp

idiot
Doesn't fit United at all anyway. Needs freedom to succeed, and won't get that in Mourinho's rather rigid setup.
Yes because Juve are known for their expansive, open football. On a more serious note, if he came in and played Mkhi's role behind the striker (Who is given heaps of freedom in his play), he'd be the best player in the Prem. Dybala would thrive in any setup as he's just that good

serghei

Supports
FC Barcelona
Yes because Juve are known for their expansive, open football. On a more serious note, if he came in and played Mkhi's role behind the striker (Who is given heaps of freedom in his play), he'd be the best player in the Prem. Dybala would thrive in any setup as he's just that good
Dybala gets a lot of freedom in this Juventus system. Mourinho would have to change the style of the team a bit.

Reynoldo

Any chance of getting agent Pogba on the case again, were they even close at Juve? :wenger:

beingshe7don

Pulisic over Dybala.
1. Pulisic is much much younger
2. Pulisic can play on the right/ left and center while Dybala can't
3. Pulisic is equally good with both feet while Dybala is more one footed
4. Most important fact of all, he's a Manchester United and a Wayne Rooney fan which means if he comes, he would want to become a legend and who better than to break Rooney's record. I also think he's heir to the No. 10 jersey whereas Dybala, if Barca come calling, he would have his bags packed.

We need to be linked to Pulisic who will become a bigger player next summer at the World Cup with USA.

Status
Not open for further replies.