Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Would perfectly fit our current style, but unless we use all our transfer cash in a single player, not going to happen.

Zlatattack

We're not getting Dybala and Grizemann. Don't be ridonkulous.
That's why i liked LvG, for once out transfer activity was Ridonkulous. Di Maria and Falcao... i was practically erect when that happened. How that turned out to be a let down.

Icemav

If our transfer window consists only of signing Dybala and one good 2-way fullback (either an RB to replace Valencia long-term or wait on that for one more year and sign an LB) and we extend Mata, Herrera, Blind and Fellaini we'll be in nice shape. We're definitely at the quality over quantity stage of the rebuild.
Totally agree. The way way that Matic and Lukaku have transformed us this season is proof of that.... also including Mou's much better managment.

This would be a dream signing. Our attack would be sorted for the next 5 seasons. Rashford and Martial's improvement has been significant, Lu is a beast, Pogba the mercurial maestro and all very young. Dybala bulletproofs us and launches us back into the top stratosphere of clubs. We then only need to augment other positions further back and already be thinking about Matic.

But I imagine every big club will be in for Dybala particularly Madrid. So maybe no point in dreaming.

ManuMou

World class player. He costs at least 150M euros.

I reckon we are about 2-3 players away from a "perfect" squad. If our budget for next summer is around 200M, I wouldn't mind spending 150M on Dybala plus 50M+ for a good fullback if Shaw disappoints this season. Sounds sensible to me. In order, I would prefer either Dybala/Griezmann/Bale, then no complaint from me.

Luke1995

Expect PSG and City to offer the most money. Would love him at United of course, but if Sanchez leaves Arsenal Wenger would be dumb not to make a move for Dybala. He'll likely end up at Madrid or Barça anyway

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Expect PSG and City to offer the most money. Would love him at United of course, but if Sanchez leaves Arsenal Wenger would be dumb not to make a move for Dybala. He'll likely end up at Madrid or Barça anyway
You can scratch Arsenal off that list as Kroenke would never sanction a move for 150m for one player.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
World class player. He costs at least 150M euros.

I reckon we are about 2-3 players away from a "perfect" squad. If our budget for next summer is around 200M, I wouldn't mind spending 150M on Dybala plus 50M+ for a good fullback if Shaw disappoints this season. Sounds sensible to me. In order, I would prefer either Dybala/Griezmann/Bale, then no complaint from me.
If we buy Griezmann, which seems fairly likely, then that will be that and Dybala, if he moves would likely go to Barca.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Wenger does whatever he wants. Do you really think that guy has more control ?
Well yes, he is the majority owner of Arsenal so he would obviously have to approve smashing the clubs transfer record to buy one player.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I'd take Dybala over Griezmann personally. I honestly think we will be fine if we just added him and one full-back next summer.

The reality is, we need a City-like summer with regards to full-backs. A few can go, and one RB, and at least one LB should arrive.

If we are to get Dybala though, I'd be happy with a two-sided full back like Sidibe perhaps.

We need an rvn

If we buy Griezmann, which seems fairly likely, then that will be that and Dybala, if he moves would likely go to Barca.
The way griezmann is playing lately then not sure he's worth the money (and this is me watching him on bt sport as we speak), unless of course his head is ready at United in which case you can understand why he's not the player he was last season

Edit. Wanker goes and puts on in the goal doesn't he only to be rulled out

Hawks2008

I'd take Dybala over Griezmann personally. I honestly think we will be fine if we just added him and one full-back next summer.

The reality is, we need a City-like summer with regards to full-backs. A few can go, and one RB, and at least one LB should arrive.

If we are to get Dybala though, I'd be happy with a two-sided full back like Sidibe perhaps.
Jose will just sign him, stick him out on the right and tell him to play like a right back anyway so two birds with one stone.

Coops73

He’s Argentinian, looks shit hot in serie A and wears his socks in the same way as Veron. All the omens are there. DO NOT TOUCH!

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
He's stopped playing under Allegri. It's pretty obvious that Juve will have to make a decision in the summer. It's either Allegri or Dybala.

Devil may care

He's stopped playing under Allegri. It's pretty obvious that Juve will have to make a decision in the summer. It's either Allegri or Dybala.
What makes you say that? I know he got taken off early today but he's scored 12 in 13 this season.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
What makes you say that? I know he got taken off early today but he's scored 12 in 13 this season.
There's been some tension between Allegri and Dybala for months now, according to Juve fans themselves.

Devil may care

There's been some tension between Allegri and Dybala for months now, according to Juve fans themselves.
Ah right, I didn't know about that, this is the second personal player issue Allegri has had.

Looks like he wasn't too happy about his substitution (and insulted Allegri's mom):
http://www.calciomercato.com/news/d...-durante-l-uscita-dal-campo-messaggio-a-39178
That's stiff! :eek: Well last time someone personally insulted Allegri they got broomed in the following transfer window, but Bonucci was older and a CB, I wonder if the Juve board will back him on this one.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Both will go, Allegri because his cycle is finished, Dybala to finance the massive rebuilding next Summer.

Devil may care

Both will go, Allegri because his cycle is finished, Dybala to finance the massive rebuilding next Summer.
You're still a good team though, do you think you need that much rebuilding outside of defense? As I know bar Rugani it's all getting a bit old back there.

Dybala over Griezmann for me.
Me too, we need more guile added into the positions behind Lukaku.

beingshe7don

Dybala is overrated and I don't know if he'd be good enough in the PL. A huge gamble.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
You're still a good team though, do you think you need that much rebuilding outside of defense? As I know bar Rugani it's all getting a bit old back there.
World Cup 2018 is the curtain for half the starting line-up.

Buffon and Barzagli will retire, Benatia should go (Caldara and Spinazzola will be back from Atalanta loans though). Sczeczny should replace Gigi.

In the midfield, Khedira will go for sure (hopefully we get his like-for-like Emre Can on a free) and Marchisio might go to Monaco as he dreams of year in year out.

Simone Inzaghi from Lazio should replace Allegri and he will ask for De Vrij and Milinkovic-Savic, so that Dybala is gone for hard cash, also because Bernardeschi is a like-for-like replacement and Italian. There is a chance Mandzukic will also go for a very rich contract overseas and we may go for Immobile or Belotti.

The main question is what happens to president Andrea Agnelli, though: he could go to Ferrari as his next managerial assignment within the dynasty. All in all, interesting times ahead.

beingshe7don

No, one guy posted the same 39 mins ago.
It's not that I don't rate Dybala. I think he's a good player but I think he's been overrated. He's not done enough to be valued at the 150m+ and he would be a huge gamble for that fee in the PL.

Mcking

Ridiculous, he'd immediately become our best attacking player.
He's not entirely wrong. Dybala is a bit overrated and is rated higher than he should be. He's by no means an average player and will probably be our best attacking player if he ever join, but right now, I think he's Martial, Bernardo Silva level and Coutinho's level at best. He's still a long way behind Hazard, De Bruyne, Isco and the top players he's being compared to.

Moonred

It's not that I don't rate Dybala. I think he's a good player but I think he's been overrated. He's not done enough to be valued at the 150m+ and he would be a huge gamble for that fee in the PL.
Doubt he thinks he is shit either. In that case, he could be one of the very few. Top striker imo but ofcourse that kind of price can be justified by a select few.

Andersons Dietician

He's not entirely wrong. Dybala is a bit overrated and is rated higher than he should be. He's by no means an average player and will probably be our best attacking player if he ever join, but right now, I think he's Martial, Bernardo Silva level and Coutinho's level at best. He's still a long way behind Hazard, De Bruyne, Isco and the top players he's being compared to.
Where would you throw Griezman in in that equation? Because for me Dybala is better than Griezman.
I know 150mil is crazy money but Mbappe and Dembele Just went for that sort of money and yes both amazing talents and I’d love them at United but in terms of proven ability I’d rate Dybala more so than them.

Isco is an intresting comparison. Last season at the back end of it I’d say Isco was the best player on the planet. He’s always had that ability he just never seemed to step up that gear and I feel the same about Dybala. He still has 2 or 3 more gears to go up to reach his full potential.

Primitive

Supports
Juventus
To say Dybala is on Martial's level or that he is inferior to De Bruyne is mildly said disrespectful to one of the handful number of players that is capable of producing that sort of magic that can decide a game. For me personally he and Neymar will be the 2 players fighting for the Ballon dor after Messi and Ronaldo decline. From those you mentioned i can agree Isco is brilliant, but Hazard is hugely overrated by people who watch mainly the PL, there were moments he was the best player in the PL, but no even a top 10 player in the world. Hazards best season produced 17 goals in 43 apps if we go by the stats, Dybala has 12 goals in 14 apps this season, and both players aren't in a CF position.

Reactions: Varun

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Dybala on Martial's level, I've heard it all now.

Mcking

Where would you throw Griezman in in that equation? Because for me Dybala is better than Griezman.
I know 150mil is crazy money but Mbappe and Dembele Just went for that sort of money and yes both amazing talents and I’d love them at United but in terms of proven ability I’d rate Dybala more so than them.

Isco is an intresting comparison. Last season at the back end of it I’d say Isco was the best player on the planet. He’s always had that ability he just never seemed to step up that gear and I feel the same about Dybala. He still has 2 or 3 more gears to go up to reach his full potential.
Griezmann is entirely a different type to Isco, De Bruyne. He's regressed lately, but at his best, I will put him on the same level with them or maybe Sanchez's.

To say Dybala is on Martial's level or that he is inferior to De Bruyne is mildly said disrespectful to one of the handful number of players that is capable of producing that sort of magic that can decide a game. For me personally he and Neymar will be the 2 players fighting for the Ballon dor after Messi and Ronaldo decline. From those you mentioned i can agree Isco is brilliant, but Hazard is hugely overrated by people who watch mainly the PL, there were moments he was the best player in the PL, but no even a top 10 player in the world. Hazards best season produced 17 goals in 43 apps if we go by the stats, Dybala has 12 goals in 14 apps this season, and both players aren't in a CF position.
I don't agree with Hazard being overrated. Seriously? He losed form after the season they won the PL with Mourinho, so did his teammates and he's being unlucky with injuries, but he his still a great player.
I don't class players on who outscored the other especially when they don't play exactly the same role. He's got 12goals this season, but the season is still young. He's not scored in his last four games IIRC. On the bolded part, there's a lot of players who are on par or better than Dybala right now. You seriously think they will suddenly regress and Dybala will suddenly overtake them because you have a soft spot for him?. Also, please, De bruyne is superior to Dybala.
This is the list of individual awards Dybala has won so far according to wikipedia.
  1. Serie A top assist provider 2014-15.
  2. Serie A team of the year 2015-16.
  3. ESM team of the year 2016-17.
  4. Coppa itallia top scorer 2016-17.
  5. Fifpro team of the year 2nd team 2017.
  6. Fifpro team of the year 5th team 2016
He will be 24 in November and has 0 goals in 10caps for Argentina. That's a mild surely? Don't you think placing him as 2nd favourite to dominate the ballon d'or after Messi and Ronaldo retire is a bit of a stretch?

Before KDB turned 24:
  1. Bude young play of the year 2012-13.
  2. Budes player of the year 2014-15
  3. Europa league squad of the season 2014-15
  4. Budes top assist provider 2014-15
  5. Budes team of the season 2014-15
  6. Footballer of the year in Germany 2015
  7. Belgian player of the year 2015
He also had over 30 caps for Belgium, scoring 10.
And at 24, he appeared in the FIFpro 3rd XI.

Comparing Dybala's Award list and caps to Hazard's will make Hazard look like Messi, Ronaldo, Maradona, Zidane put together, so no point in doing so. You can check it here if you wish. Not bad for someone you think is overrated?
Dybala on Martial's level, I've heard it all now.
My bad, I probably meant LVG's Martial. But I stand on him being Coutinho's level.

Last edited:

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
He will be 24 in November and has 0 goals in 10caps for Argentina.
This is a really bad argument for two reasons:

1. He directly competes with Messi for a spot on the Argentina NT. They play almost identical positions for their club.
2. The reason he has such few caps is because he's got injured just before an international break about 3 times.

Dybala has scored 54 goals and 19 assists in 107 appearances for Juventus, while playing mostly as a 10. That's much more representative of his abilities.

Sometimes you have to watch a team without a said player to understand how important he is. Watch Juventus without Dybala, then you'll get it.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
This is a really bad argument for two reasons:

1. He directly competes with Messi for a spot on the Argentina NT. They play almost identical positions for their club.
2. The reason he has such few caps is because he's got injured just before an international break about 3 times.

Dybala has scored 54 goals and 19 assists in 107 appearances for Juventus, while playing mostly as a 10. That's much more representative of his abilities.

Sometimes you have to watch a team without a said player to understand how important he is. Watch Juventus without Dybala, then you'll get it.
Iirc, Dybala is a huge Barca fan, isn't he? I always thought he'd end up with you after he leaves Juve, but the Messi comparison is interesting - if you were to sign him, how do you think he'd best fit in?

Should he replace Messi (I doubt Messi will ever be sold by Barca) or maybe move Messi to a false 9, or even a 10, to accommodate Dybala? (Suarez has also been out of sorts recently, so a case could be made to sell/drop him as well).

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
I wouldn't be surprised if Paris Saint-Germain decide to target him in the summer. You could argue that Neymar + Dybala + Mbappé seems excessive on paper, but if they strike the right balance in terms of chemistry - that's an era-defining trident of players that have definite Ballon D'Or potential. Paris Saint-Germain have deep roots with the Serie A with the likes of Ancelotti, Leonardo, Ibrahimović, Thiago, Cavani, Verratti, Motta as well as their current General Manager Jean-Claude Blanc: who was previously at Juventus.

Could play as a False 9 of sorts, instead of Cavani leading the line:

If they have issues with UEFA's committee, selling the likes of Cavani and Draxler to raise ~€100 million+ will alleviate a lot of the concerns. Maybe even Guedes for a big fee after his displays for Valencia.

Status
Not open for further replies.