Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flytan

Pulisic over Dybala.
1. Pulisic is much much younger
2. Pulisic can play on the right/ left and center while Dybala can't
3. Pulisic is equally good with both feet while Dybala is more one footed
4. Most important fact of all, he's a Manchester United and a Wayne Rooney fan which means if he comes, he would want to become a legend and who better than to break Rooney's record. I also think he's heir to the No. 10 jersey whereas Dybala, if Barca come calling, he would have his bags packed.

We need to be linked to Pulisic who will become a bigger player next summer at the World Cup with USA.
We haven't even qualified for the World Cup as of yet.

Think you're seeing it with bias since you're from the US. Not against signing Pulisic by any means but I think he's a step or two below someone of Dybala's caliber

arthurka

We haven't even qualified for the World Cup as of yet.

Think you're seeing it with bias since you're from the US. Not against signing Pulisic by any means but I think he's a step or two below someone of Dybala's caliber
Doesnt even look like they will qualify..

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Pulisic over Dybala.
4. Most important fact of all, he's a Manchester United and a Wayne Rooney fan which means if he comes, he would want to become a legend and who better than to break Rooney's record. I also think he's heir to the No. 10 jersey whereas Dybala, if Barca come calling, he would have his bags packed.

We need to be linked to Pulisic who will become a bigger player next summer at the World Cup with USA.
I usually cringe at the caf's favourite 'why not get both?' line, but I don't think that's impossible in this case. It appears we are in for a second striker, and Mata is not the answer on the right in my opinion. Pulisic could fill that role, or at least share it with Mata at first.

ghagua

If we can prise him away from Juventus, this is the player I would love Woody and Mourinho to target next summer. Really exciting player to watch with an end product.

Womp

idiot
No chance he'll come here. Hasn't he spoken about how much he dislikes the EPL? He's Barca bound.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
He is very good at playing against a parked bus. At Juventus he faces one almost every week. His close control and ability to split defenses through quick one-twos is heads and shoulders above any United player. Last season, when Juve played 352, he had almost no support going forward. If Dybala didn't drop deep, nothing would happen. He can lead an attack almost completely by himself. He has become both Juve's best finisher and best creator. Without him, they often look toothless and devoid of ideas going forward. Dybala is also a monster at long distance shots, volleys and free kicks (no current United player can touch him at those things).

If Manchester United had Dybala last season, you guys would have finished 2nd instead of 6th. He would have turned at least 10 of those 15 draws into wins, probably contributing to 20 goals and 10 assists. And this season, you guys would be clear title favorites.

As you can probably tell, I do rate him highly.

Womp

idiot
He is very good at playing against a parked bus. At Juventus he faces one almost every week. His close control and ability to split defenses through quick one-twos is heads and shoulders above any United player. Last season, when Juve played 352, he had almost no support going forward. If Dybala didn't drop deep, nothing would happen. He can lead an attack almost completely by himself. He has become both Juve's best finisher and best creator. Without him, they often look toothless and devoid of ideas going forward. Dybala is also a monster at long distance shots, volleys and free kicks (no current United player can touch him at those things).

If Manchester United had Dybala last season, you guys would have finished 2nd instead of 6th. He would have turned at least 10 of those 15 draws into wins, probably contributing to 20 goals and 10 assists. And this season, you guys would be clear title favorites.

Still think City would be slight favourites given the FB situation, but we'd be scoring a feckload more goals, that's for sure. Agree with the rest of your post, incredible player. Not even sure if we call him a talent anymore as he's already one of the best in the World, yet he's still so young. Was obvious at Palermo he was a special player though.

Bwuk

Yes please.

Lukaku and Dybala upfront would destroy teams. I'd rather him than Griezmann.

Hojoon

No chance he'll come here. Hasn't he spoken about how much he dislikes the EPL? He's Barca bound.
More Real Madrid. Plays in the same zone as Messi and Real probably have a few treasure chests left after spending around 50m this summer while selling for around 120m.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Yes please.

Lukaku and Dybala upfront would destroy teams. I'd rather him than Griezmann.
I agree, he has a higher ceiling imo but didnt he just sign a new contract? I think this is all agent talk

Treble

Would be a huge signing for United. But he's more likely to move to Spain.

poacher

You sold me. How much do you reckon it will take to get him over here? Are we talking or 100m?

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
You sold me. How much do you reckon it will take to get him over here? Are we talking or 100m?
£100-120 million would have been his price earlier this year in June. The Neymar transfer has fecked everything up. This transfer market has almost doubled the price of most players.

Dybala is scoring for fun right now. At his current rate he's on track for a 40 goal season. In a market where we bid £138 million for Coutinho (thank god that didn't go through), Dybala is not going anywhere for £100 million.

I can honestly see Juventus asking £160 million for him and it wouldn't be completely outrageous. He's still only 23. He has scored 54 goals in 100 games for Juventus (despite also being their most creative player), and right now he's scoring more than a goal per game.

The good thing is that Juventus generally don't keep players who want to leave. We've seen it with Tevez, Vidal, Pogba, and Bonucci.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
£100-120 million would have been his price earlier this year in June. The Neymar transfer has fecked everything up. This transfer market has almost doubled the price of most players.

Dybala is scoring for fun right now. At his current rate he's on track for a 40 goal season. In a market where we bid £138 million for Coutinho (thank god that didn't go through), Dybala is not going anywhere for £100 million.

I can honestly see Juventus asking £160 million for him and it wouldn't be completely outrageous. He's still only 23. He has scored 54 goals in 100 games for Juventus (despite also being their most creative player), and right now he's scoring more than a goal per game.

The good thing is that Juventus generally don't keep players who want to leave. We've seen it with Tevez, Vidal, Pogba, and Bonucci.
I would pay that all day long.

poleglass red

our name being used to drive the price up no doubt. I'd say he's nailed on to go to Spain.

Solo Toure

Dybala is a superstar, this kid can produce absolute magic and would decide games with his ability.

If he is available all the European giants will be in for him. Juve are going to get top top dollar.

I really wanted and still want Griezmann but if Dybala is available then we need to get in quick.

Trizy

You're over rating him.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
At the moment his best game at international level is the brace vs Barca (3-0 Juve FT) he scored six months ago in Turin at QF level in the Champions League. A glimpse, a promise, not the real thing yet, he disapperaed in the final vs Real as soon as he was booked 15 minutes into the match. He is surely switching gear this year, 10 goals in 6 matches in the league for a free roamer behind the main striker is Messi-esque indeed, but it is early days, he still needs to deliver at the highest level. Sure, the market is exploding, so €175m seems fair and there may be some club willing to pay that sum already, but the season is very long and WC 2018 looms over us all next Summer.

Last edited:

NoPace

I would pay that all day long.
If our transfer window consists only of signing Dybala and one good 2-way fullback (either an RB to replace Valencia long-term or wait on that for one more year and sign an LB) and we extend Mata, Herrera, Blind and Fellaini we'll be in nice shape. We're definitely at the quality over quantity stage of the rebuild.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Pulisic over Dybala.

You're missing the point about Dybala being much better than Pulisic at this moment in time.

beingshe7don

You're missing the point about Dybala being much better than Pulisic at this moment in time.
Dybala is the better player at this point in time and I agree. My only concern is that with the current setup (Mata on the right), our play gets a little too narrow with him constantly drifting inside. We've been losing width and dependent on our full backs for width. I would like us to have atleast one side where our winger actually gets to the by-line and crosses the ball than always drifting inwards. With Mata, it's become predictable. Dybala is a similar mold as Mata but obviously quicker and younger and so on. He would be drifting inwards as well. The only reason I said Pulisic is because he offers that unpredictability to the opposition's full back because he could go out wide and whip in a cross and he could also drift inwards and shoot.

Kapardin

Dybala is the better player at this point in time and I agree. My only concern is that with the current setup (Mata on the right), our play gets a little too narrow with him constantly drifting inside. We've been losing width and dependent on our full backs for width. I would like us to have atleast one side where our winger actually gets to the by-line and crosses the ball than always drifting inwards. With Mata, it's become predictable. Dybala is a similar mold as Mata but obviously quicker and younger and so on. He would be drifting inwards as well. The only reason I said Pulisic is because he offers that unpredictability to the opposition's full back because he could go out wide and whip in a cross and he could also drift inwards and shoot.
Who cares if Dybala drifts in or not so long as he scores? Which he will do regularly.

We can get a traditional LW for width. If ever Dybala becomes available or interested, it would be madness to turn it down. Griezmann and Dybala would make our attack better than City's current.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Who cares if Dybala drifts in or not so long as he scores? Which he will do regularly.

We can get a traditional LW for width. If ever Dybala becomes available or interested, it would be madness to turn it down. Griezmann and Dybala would make our attack better than City's current.
Probably the 3rd best in the world... :drool:

ghagua

Why would it be agent talk if he's just signed a new contract?
Raiola is not his agent. Raiola probaby wishing he was though. He may be the next high profile transfer. He would find a way to bring him to Old Trafford.

Cal?

CR7 fan
De Gea
New RB Bailly Jones New LB
Pogba Matic
Dybala Griezmann Martial
Lukaku​
I am in love :drool:. Fits in with the 4 players per year as well.
That looks better than PSG... :drool:

Just need to wait for those 2 to retire and we’d dominate the CL.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Of course, he will leave: Juve likes to do business

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
We're not getting Dybala and Grizemann. Don't be ridonkulous.

Nick.

De Gea
New RB Bailly Jones New LB
Pogba Matic
Dybala Griezmann Martial
Lukaku​
I am in love :drool:. Fits in with the 4 players per year as well.
If wont happen, but if you absolutely had to play this XI with this system I would think having Griezmann wide and Dybala central would make more sense. Griezmann has played most of his career as a wide man so he's experienced at it.

Martia11

If wont happen, but if you absolutely had to play this XI with this system I would think having Griezmann wide and Dybala central would make more sense. Griezmann has played most of his career as a wide man so he's experienced at it.
It wouldn't be fixed. Both of them could rotate between the two positions during the match. I was thinking of Dybala playing like how Messi played as a right winger for Barca. Think he could really excell there but I might be wrong of course. Let's talk about it when it happens. ;)

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
You are aware that being linked to a player in the press/other means literally means feck all when it comes to the club actually signing a player right?

Womp

idiot
What a signing this would be for us, he's the type of player to get us to the latter stages of Champions Leagues and win us titles. I just don't see it happening.

doomy20

Way better than Griezmann. Ungettable though i guess. He will suit Real or Barca as their shiny toy, PSG stole the show this summer anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.