Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaybomb

We should go all out to get him. He could have an Aguero-like effect on us.

bebeanderson

To be fair, Romero could go for a decent fee. Other prem clubs are in for him and if Pickford can cost £30m, I reckon we could get 40m+ for him. We could easily sell the rest for at least 15m in this market.
40+ for Romero? Is this a typo and you added a zero on accident?

davidmichael

Dybala on the right of a front three I think would perfectly but it would NEED to be a front three and NOT a three behind a main striker (4-2-3-1) as that would negate pretty much all of Dybala’s attacking attributes, I think that way already with Martial and Rashford playing on the left of a three behind Lukaku as they’d thrive in a front three released of the defensive shackles.

If you took away Messi and Ronaldo and had to put everyone else up against each other for best player in the world I think you’d have Dybala on that tier below with Neymar, Hazard, Griezmann and De Bruyne although form wise he’s probably on the bottom of that group right now but me personally I’d take Dybala over Griezmann and it’s only those two that would be available from that group.

cletus7

I see you are getting laughed at but I think we could push for £80m, so £100m isn't too far wrong.

Mkhitaryan £20m
Blind £15m
Darmian £15m
I think we could demand a high fee for Romero, as he is clearly a top, tried and tested keeper. Apparently he has offers from Premier League clubs. If he was being sold to a PL club I'd demand £30m. Pickford went for £30m so that sets the price.

In a world where Jordan Ibe is being sold for £15m, and since then fees have went up another level, so those fees are in the correct region.
I know what you mean... but experience tells us it’s not going to work out like that. Nobody will pay 15m for Blind nor for Darmian. It’s Just not going to happen.

Nedved

I see you are getting laughed at but I think we could push for £80m, so £100m isn't too far wrong.

Mkhitaryan £20m
Blind £15m
Darmian £15m
I think we could demand a high fee for Romero, as he is clearly a top, tried and tested keeper. Apparently he has offers from Premier League clubs. If he was being sold to a PL club I'd demand £30m. Pickford went for £30m so that sets the price.

In a world where Jordan Ibe is being sold for £15m, and since then fees have went up another level, so those fees are in the correct region.
Darmian will primarily be of interest to Italian clubs who would absolutely not pay that amount for him today. De Sciglio, an Italy international and a very similar player, went to Juve this summer for around £9m from a rival with billionaire owners.

Expect a loan offer with a £10m buyout clause.

United Pro

De Sciglio, an Italy international and a very similar player, went to Juve this summer for around £9m from a rival with billionaire owners.
That deal was related to Bonucci going the other way wasn't it? Similar to how we allowed Rooney to leave on a free. Saying that, you're not wrong and if we are to sell to say Napoli or Juve, we should try including a player coming in the other way.

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
Will sign for Real. They will undoubtedly be looking to make a splash this summer.
No room for them to add another attacking player the level of Dybala.

Doesn’t make sense for Dybala either to put himself in such a logjam there.

Micky Targaryen

Why are we even discussing the price of Romero? :lol:

We are most certainly not letting him go at all. Indispensable and best second keeper in the league. We'd be crazy to let him go.

Back to topic, was gutted when City snapped up Aguero, so I'm hoping we're not messing about with Dybala.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool

Players don't care about that. He'll back himself to come out on top.

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
Players don't care about that. He'll back himself to come out on top.
I just don’t see it happening, from Dybala’s perspective and more so RM’s perspective. What they have going on there and have built is nothing short of remarkable. The world class quality starters+depth is absolutely insane and they’ve been the top club in the world the past 2 seasons so why bother messing with something that ain’t broke?

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
I just don’t see it happening, from Dybala’s perspective and more so RM’s perspective. What they have going on there and have built is nothing short of remarkable. The world class quality starters+depth is absolutely insane and they’ve been the top club in the world the past 2 seasons so why bother messing with something that ain’t broke?
Ronaldo is 32. Benzema is 30. And Bale is presumably about to be over the hill before any of them. Within a season or two, there will be questions asked.

As Bob Paisley said "let them lose their legs on someone else's watch."

ti vu

It's breaking this season. Benzema doesn't score enough. Bale is crock. Ronaldo yet to gets on his pomp. Asensio needs more goal. Isco has been underhwhelming. Modric seems like declining. Defense is thin and being hit with injury plague.

Madrid was clearly in for MBappe, and rumor that try to steal Dembele at last minute. They clearly needs some quality injection, especially the result doesn't look pretty for them with Barcelona running away with the league.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
But not this season. They will look to refresh and replenish their attack.

It's breaking this season. Benzema doesn't score enough. Bale is crock. Ronaldo yet to gets on his pomp. Asensio needs more goal. Isco has been underhwhelming. Modric seems like declining. Defense is thin and being hit with injury plague.

Madrid was clearly in for MBappe, and rumor that try to steal Dembele at last minute. They clearly needs some quality injection, especially the result doesn't look pretty for them with Barcelona running away with the league.
This.

They haven't had a marquee signing for some time and it's what they are legendary for.

Bale is an absolute crock. Benzema is on his last legs. Ronaldo is old enough that you have to be looking at a replacement strategy.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat

That's not how the absolute elite clubs think such as Real and Barca though is it?

And, actually they have plenty space for him.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
With Barca seemingly going for Coutinho and having bought Dembele, and RM reportedly being hot on the purchase for Hazard, there just might be an opening here.

Bayern could do with him, but I don't think they will spend the dosh it will take, nor will Dybala be willing to play in the BL.

We might be in with a chance, even though he has spoken ill of the PL and us previously.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Hazard+Dybala+Kane could come up to around €500m total between the three of them. If we can raise some €300m from the BBC it might be doable :drool::drool::drool: (unfortunately we're not getting anywhere close to that. We'd do well to get half that amount :()

black_crow

I know people think that Juve will sell Dybala once he wants to leave, but that isn’t true. They won’t sell Dybala and they made that pretty clear. Paris got already a warning.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
If he's looking to move, we should be all over this. Will cost a load but he's just special. Great player to watch.

ti vu

I know people think that Juve will sell Dybala once he wants to leave, but that isn’t true. They won’t sell Dybala and they made that pretty clear. Paris got already a warning.
You don't know Juventus for their famous motto? Any player has a price. When the player wants to leave, Juve won't say no at the right price. The question is whether Dybala wants to move or not.

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
You don't know Juventus for their famous motto? Any player has a price. When the player wants to leave, Juve won't say no at the right price. The question is whether Dybala wants to move or not.
@ the bolded, has always been the case for Juventus

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
But not this season. They will look to refresh and replenish their attack.

This.

They haven't had a marquee signing for some time and it's what they are legendary for.

Bale is an absolute crock. Benzema is on his last legs. Ronaldo is old enough that you have to be looking at a replacement strategy.
they will target and get hazard

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
Feels Real bound, could be cheaper than Kane, especially when they look like splurging on Hazard.
Real are set up front and have quite the surplus. If anything they need a mid/wing player more than anything. Hazard makes sense, Dybala not so much and they’ll only be able to get one in the Summer in which case I’m sure they’ll prioritize Hazard who’d be a much better fit for them considering their squad depth.

AN17

Real are set up front and have quite the surplus. If anything they need a mid/wing player more than anything. Hazard makes sense, Dybala not so much and they’ll only be able to get one in the Summer in which case I’m sure they’ll prioritize Hazard who’d be a much better fit for them considering their squad depth.
Could you elaborate on the first part ?

The way I see it, Bale and Benzema have become liabilities, Ronaldo on rocky terms with the club and they have sold Morata too. Surely two of those will move on in the summer if there are takers.

Apart from Asensio and Isco, I don't see who Real have got for you say they are on a surplus in attacking dept.

They can easily manage 2 galacticos next summer especially if they finance a part of it with sales. And you can bet your bottom dollar Florentino will do just that if Barca make a mockery of the league campaign with the squad they have.

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
Could you elaborate on the first part ?

The way I see it, Bale and Benzema have become liabilities, Ronaldo on rocky terms with the club and they have sold Morata too. Surely two of those will move on in the summer if there are takers.

Apart from Asensio and Isco, I don't see who Real have got for you say they are on a surplus in attacking dept.

They can easily manage 2 galacticos next summer especially if they finance a part of it with sales. And you can bet your bottom dollar Florentino will do just that if Barca make a mockery of the league campaign with the squad they have.
Pretty much answered for me. They still have 5 elite/world class attacking options up front @ the bolded. Because of that, it’s still considered a surplus regardless of whatever’s said because on their day they’re still one/some of the best in the world.

Why I think they’re most likely to splash big money for a mid/wing player rather than an attacking player up front since they’re sill more than set there.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Pretty much answered for me. They still have 5 elite/world class attacking options up front @ the bolded. Because of that, it’s still considered a surplus regardless of whatever’s said because on their day they’re still one/some of the best in the world.

Why I think they’re most likely to splash big money for a mid/wing player rather than an attacking player up front since they’re sill more than set there.
Did you read anything other than the names? Do you know how transfers work?

Red_toad

They're playing Benzema who's been pretty crap, Ronaldo is wanting out, Bale is a crock. Not so sure they're set up up front imo. Kane and Hazard will be their big buys and they'll rip off someone for a past it Ronaldo and an injured Bale to recoup part of a massive investment in their team, that is overdue. Isco means they won't be after Dybala, indeed I'd expect United to have a very good chance of landing him if Jose likes what he sees.

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
Did you read anything other than the names? Do you know how transfers work?
Would you like to educate me on how Dybala is a given for them?

They're playing Benzema who's been pretty crap, Ronaldo is wanting out, Bale is a crock. Not so sure they're set up up front imo. Kane and Hazard will be their big buys and they'll rip off someone for a past it Ronaldo and an injured Bale to recoup part of a massive investment in their team, that is overdue. Isco means they won't be after Dybala, indeed I'd expect United to have a very good chance of landing him if Jose likes what he sees.
True. Hazard is pretty much inevitable for them. An attacking option however I only see if they sell off one of Bale/Benzema which I don’t see them being in a hurry to do so. But if they do, like you say I seem them getting someone like Kane ahead of Dybala.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
@ the bolded, has always been the case for Juventus
Every big club works like that, except the sheiks owned ones. You just don't keep a star player who wants to leave, it's only a matter of money

If we go out against PSG, the BBC will be sold wholesale

AN17

Not really.

Benzema has been stinking up the place for a while, Bale is a croc who isn't any better. Neither of them are world class anymore like you claim to be.

And Ronaldo while he may still have a couple more top seasons left is looking like he's on a downward trajectory. They'll need to find an adequate replacement soon.

It's fine if you choose to believe in what you've said despite some of us pointing out how it may not be well reasoned.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Would you like to educate me on how Dybala is a given for them?
I think you've missed the point, because he never said that. It's not that Dybala is a given for Madrid, but you can understand why they would be interested in him considering the forwards they've built the team around are on the wane. It's called future planning and is just sensible.

All you've done is focused on the names of the players mentioned without considering the reality - that Bale, Benzema and even Ronaldo all seem to be on the decline and will need replacing. For our sake, I hope those that run Real Madrid share your line of thinking.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Hazard+Dybala+Kane could come up to around €500m total between the three of them. If we can raise some €300m from the BBC it might be doable :drool::drool::drool: (unfortunately we're not getting anywhere close to that. We'd do well to get half that amount :()
Rather have Hazard, Icardi, Neymar

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
What’s the point of signing him when Mourinho’s favoured formation Is a 4231?

To accommodate him we’d have to switch to a 433 and I just can’t see Mourinho going with that.

Pyroblazer

That's a hot jacket, man
What’s the point of signing him when Mourinho’s favoured formation Is a 4231?

To accommodate him we’d have to switch to a 433 and I just can’t see Mourinho going with that.
Why? He is a number 10, so he is better suited to 4-2-3-1 than 4-3-3. But he can also play from the right or even as a striker/false 9. I don't really see any problem when it comes to formation. Also let's face it, as much as people want to ignore it, Jose won't be here forever, so not signing players for the next 5,6 years because of him would be silly and it's not like he can't change formation too. You just take a player with Dybalas quality when you need it and have the chance to get him.

Status
Not open for further replies.