g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.
Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
What about PSG Chief? To replace Cavani. Maybe move Mbappe up top or use Dybala as a false 9?
IMO They wont be replacing Cavani with a big cash attacking signing till they have off loaded the likes of Pastore, ADM and Moura, yet that is proving hard to do. If they replace him at all it will be with Alexis Sanchez for free, else he stays put. For me Man City is the team we should fear in any race for dybala. I have doubts Aguero is there for the long term and Pep is a fan of dybala type players as attackers.

Allegri just said he can't play CF(starting 20 meters from the goal) because he needs to start 50 meters away from goal and could play as a CM(mezzala -in a 3) in an attacking team(like city or barcelona)

Truth be told, he can start from anywhere, the important thing is he's given freedom to roam, play down the middle and generally find his own position on the pitch. If you ask him to stick to a wing/inside channel, you lose a lot of his potential
Nah. You cant lose anything by letting a guy with his skill set have free reign to attack a defence rather than carry the burden of running a team from midfield.

Silas

They wont be replacing Cavani with a big cash attacking signing till they have off loaded. If they replace him at all it will be with Alexis Sanchez for free else he stays put. For me Man City is the team we should fear in any race for dybala.
City won't be in for him once they get Sanchez, which is pretty likely. Real will most likely be our competition.

City won't be in for him once they get Sanchez, which is pretty likely. Real will most likely be our competition.
I dont believe
Real will attempt to sign him and Hazard in the same window when they are too similar. And Hazard really wants to play for them and unless Zizou is sacked, he is a Hazard fan. I believe they will want a proper cf as a partner/long term replacement for CR7. They'll probably end up next season with Isco alternating with Modric as one of the two 8's, Hazard in the hole and a cf from Kane, Icardi , Lewandowski or Aubameyang to partner CR7 with bale- benzema as back up forwards.

Silas

I dont believe
Real will attempt to sign him and Hazard in the same window when they are too similar. And Hazard really wants to play for them and unless Zizou is sacked, he is a Hazard fan. I believe they will want a proper cf as a partner/long term replacement for CR7. They'll probably end up next season with Isco alternating with Modric as one of the two 8's, Hazard in the hole and a cf from Kane, Icardi , Lewandowski or Aubameyang to partner CR7 with bale- benzema as back up forwards.
True, forgot about Hazard. Avoiding a bidding war would be good for our chances.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I think RM will move for Hazard.
I don't agree that Dybala is nailed on for them.

izec

If he leaves, Real, PSG and City are the biggest threats for his signature and the likeliest destinations

RRCE

If he leaves, Real, PSG and City are the biggest threats for his signature and the likeliest destinations
Unfortunately, I think you’re exactly right. Real will soon be desperate to move on from the Ronaldo, Bale and Benzema era. Time will inevitably catch up with Ronaldo, if it hasn’t already (still an unbelievable player, but clearly past his prime). Bale’s injury troubles have rendered him unreliable, and likely disposable. Benzema...well, he’s good but may be getting stale in Madrid. Barcelona have added young attacking talent, and Dybala could well be Real’s response. Neither PSG nor City need Dybala, in my opinion, but that won’t stop either of them. I suppose Dybala could represent an Aguero replacement. Both clubs seemingly have no regard for how much money they spend. Moreover, they’re proving to be ruthless in their pursuit of “glory”. They wouldn’t bat an eyelash at adding Dybala if they viewed him as an upgrade on an already very good player. As Jose pointed out recently, City will indulge Pep’s every whim and desire.

Andersons Dietician

Apparently the 5th most valuable player at 154mil.

Neymar 188. mil
Messi 178.5 mil
Kane 172 mil
Mbappe. 170 Mil
Dybala. 154. mil
Dele. 151. Mil

Lukaku is 8th
Pogba 10th
Rashford 15th
Martial 48th

Intresting Ronaldo is 49th.
I’d say it’s some bum list because Oblack, Courtois and Donarouma are in the top 100 but not DeGea. it’s a list that has been compiled by the Football Observatory of the 100 most valuable players.

150 mil is about the price I thought Dybala would be anyway and now that Courtois Just went for similar then yeah about 150 mil sounds like the market rate.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Dream on.

When have we ever pulled off a transfer like this one?

Pogba is not the same but the only possible exception that anyone could even try and suggest.
Pogba was the same to be fair. Let's wait and see.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
I could see Real shifting two of their front three and buying Dybala and Hazard to replace them.

Would be a very Real Madrid flashy move.

KingMinger22

Pogba was the same to be fair. Let's wait and see.
Except we had a history with him.

The competition for him was quite weak. Real were never that serious it appears.

Also, Dybala will cost at least 50% more. While fees have appreciated in line with that, our revenues have note grown that much over that period.

I’m sceptical that the board are really going to be willing to spend the sort of fees it takes to get the absolute elite talent.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Dream on.

When have we ever pulled off a transfer like this one?

Pogba is not the same but the only possible exception that anyone could even try and suggest.
Hence why I said dream signing. I don't think we would pull it off but I would love to see it happen, think he is exactly the type and caliber of player we are missing.

I know what you mean about Pogba, but there is that wee percentage of hope. We can but dream.

KingMinger22

Hence why I said dream signing. I don't think we would pull it off but I would love to see it happen, think he is exactly the type and caliber of player we are missing.

I know what you mean about Pogba, but there is that wee percentage of hope. We can but dream.
Agreed.

One thing I think most us can agree on is:

If we don’t start semi-regularly pulling off signings like this one, we will never be an elite team or compete at the very top.

Barca and Real have dominated for a decade now with the Simply policy of regularly signing absolute superstars. City and PSG look to be joining them.

We cannot buy Mikis, Matas and hopefuls like Martial and expect the same results.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Except we had a history with him.

The competition for him was quite weak. Real were never that serious it appears.

Also, Dybala will cost at least 50% more. While fees have appreciated in line with that, our revenues have note grown that much over that period.

I’m sceptical that the board are really going to be willing to spend the sort of fees it takes to get the absolute elite talent.
Except player himself said he had chance to join Madrid but didn't.

Jose made comment about impossible to sign Pogba when he was Chelsea manager, City tried and couldn't sign him. Pogba is every bit of any big transfer and more superstar than Dybala.

KingMinger22

Jose made comment about impossible to sign Pogba when he was Chelsea manager, City tried and couldn't sign him. Pogba is every bit of any big transfer and more superstar than Dybala.
Fair points.

However, the exceptional circumstance that cannot be denied is he had a history with us.

It’s very unlikely we are Dybala’s first, second or probably even third choice.

Of course, it’s certainly possible we could pull this off of the board are willing to be bold.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Fair points.

However, the exceptional circumstance that cannot be denied is he had a history with us.

It’s very unlikely we are Dybala’s first, second or probably even third choice.

Of course, it’s certainly possible we could pull this off of the board are willing to be bold.
I think Jose has made it clear that we are in for some marquee players. We will do the groundwork if that's true.

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford

Pogba isn't South American.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Real have surely got to be gearing up for a marquee signing, they've been very conservative the last couple of years pulling in pretty big profits over the previous couple of summer windows. They haven't really had a massive splurge since the Ronaldo/Kaka window which was over 8 years ago now, even when they brought in Galactico signings like Rodriguez and Bale they shipped out the likes of Ozil and Di Maria to make room and limit the costs.

With Ronaldo seemingly a bit in decline this season, Bale perma-crocked and Benzema being a bit wank, combined with the fact they aren't having a particularly great season so far, you have to be believe they're thinking about a big move somewhere down the line. Dybala would be towards the top of that list I'm sure.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Agreed.

One thing I think most us can agree on is:

If we don’t start semi-regularly pulling off signings like this one, we will never be an elite team or compete at the very top.

Barca and Real have dominated for a decade now with the Simply policy of regularly signing absolute superstars. City and PSG look to be joining them.

We cannot buy Mikis, Matas and hopefuls like Martial and expect the same results.
Agreed. We need to be signing the real marquee players who will help return us to the forefront. Dybala certainly would be a player in that bracket.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
And he also had already strong links to Utd.
Ultimately Pogba accepted the better offer. Dybala will do the same. So, as always, it's a matter of how bad the interested clubs want him and how far are they willing to go

Andersons Dietician

Ultimately Pogba accepted the better offer. Dybala will do the same. So, as always, it's a matter of how bad the interested clubs want him and how far are they willing to go
I’m just going to put this out there but if City get Sanchez i’d Imagine Aguero would be on the Real Madrid hit list and I’d imagine Pep might be ok with that. I’d also guess that Hazard is high on their wish list it’s just could Madrid get he and Dybala and write it off under FFP as that would surely be 300+mil for those two.

Dybala would I think probably prefer Spain. I’m sure he has said he’d like to go to Barca at some point as well.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I’m just going to put this out there but if City get Sanchez i’d Imagine Aguero would be on the Real Madrid hit list and I’d imagine Pep might be ok with that. I’d also guess that Hazard is high on their wish list it’s just could Madrid get he and Dybala and write it off under FFP as that would surely be 300+mil for those two.

Dybala would I think probably prefer Spain. I’m sure he has said he’d like to go to Barca at some point as well.
Re: FFP - to sign both we'd be moving two of the BBC, so there shouldn't be any problems.

AndyJ1985

Not really. Do you think they wont add next summer when they can? They will spend another 200m easily and with the sale of Aguero, can justify even more
They can only register a limited number of players like the rest of us. They can't keep buying indefinitely.

izec

They can only register a limited number of players like the rest of us. They can't keep buying indefinitely.
Of course they can. They just need to sell the other squad players. They wont buy another 7 players, but 2-3 for a nice sum is realistic.

I also never said they would go certainly for Dybala, but it isnt impossible for them. They wouldnt think twice about spending 150m on him if needed, same for PSG. Real is the more likely destination for me, but you never know

Status
Not open for further replies.