Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scholsey2004

I'd say if we get Sanchez and ozil then spending circa £140m on dybala would be insane. If there's no rush for a couple of seasons at least then we can wait. City picked up Bernardo Silva for what? 25-30m? There will be players come up who won't cost the farm. We can concentrate on the full back positions then where we've got two 32 year olds and darmian who isn't great.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
I'd say if we get Sanchez and ozil then spending circa £140m on dybala would be insane. If there's no rush for a couple of seasons at least then we can wait. City picked up Bernardo Silva for what? 25-30m? There will be players come up who won't cost the farm. We can concentrate on the full back positions then where we've got two 32 year olds and darmian who isn't great.
Why?

We do not have any bonafide world class attacking players. Adding one isn't enough IMO.

Look at the very best teams in Europe. They have several top class attackers.

IrishRedDevil

Silva was over £50m.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Dybala should be a priority, if he’s open to coming here. He’s the type of signing that can change the landscape of the PL for many years, like City signing Aguero or Kevin.

pensionator

Supports
Juventus
I think the article is quite harsh on him.

The thing is that Allegri makes him play like a mid-fielder, and that’s indeed the role he has in mind for him. During press conferences he repeated several times that according to him Dybala cannot be a striker in a top team, and that the perfect place for him is the midfield. And for an offensive midfielder I think his stats are very high (and Allegri thinks it too, as he says that 20 goals is the maximum Dybala can score at best).

So that’s the mistake, judging his performance based on goals. An indeed, with him on the pitch our goal average was of 3 goals per game, now is of 1. He makes the team play way better, even if he does not score.

Reactions: Invictus

ZAGREB RED

If it was a choice between him and Ozil in the summer, not sure which way I'd like it to go. Ozil being "free" obviously puts a lot in his favour.

Nedved

BBC have done a good feature on him.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42715734

Worth a read, especially those who follow him sporadically or through YouTube.
Good read, but saying time is running out for a 24 year old who is the best forward at one of the World’s biggest clubs is harsh.

Even the likes of Ibrahimovic and Zidane had at age 24 just moved to Juventus and needed time to turn into world class players, peaking around 30.

Comparing everyone to teenage superstars Mbappé, Neymar or Messi is not quite fair.

Fraud

I would go for Paulo, too. Even if I think that Mesut is almost as good, Dybala is younger and has a higher ceiling. I'm pretty sure that Ozil will want to earn a lot more, too.

redshaw

He's always stood out as a top player to me after Pogba while other Juve players were being talked about.

Would be fantastic to sign him but he looks so at home there and maybe Madrid or Barca will take a punt. With Juve getting to the CL final as well I'd be surprised to think we're on this Argentines radar right now.

Why do people think we will get Dybala? What are the quotes/sources that are keeping this alive?
I read recently if other clubs want him then Dybala would have to ask to leave. He's said to have impressed United over the last 12 months and I'm sure Agent Pogba is singing his praises. United have come up the most but I'm sure other clubs are seriously looking now. I think we'll see lots more clubs being linked soon.

beingshe7don

I don't see Dybala coming here especially if we get Ozil. I would invest in Ozil and a kick ass CM. Jorginho, Milinkovic Savic, Weigl, Kroos. We've got to fill our No. 7 and No. 10 shirts considering Zlatan will be gone.

Get Ozil, give him the No. 10
Get Sanchez, give him the No. 7
Get Kroos, give him the No. 8

Devil may care

I don't see Dybala coming here especially if we get Ozil. I would invest in Ozil and a kick ass CM. Jorginho, Milinkovic Savic, Weigl, Kroos. We've got to fill our No. 7 and No. 10 shirts considering Zlatan will be gone.

Get Ozil, give him the No. 10
Get Sanchez, give him the No. 7
Get Kroos, give him the No. 8
Thus dooming us to 4-2-3-1, all of these #10 types should be off the table once Sanchez is complete, we need the #8 that frees up Pogba so we can play 4-3-3 as our base formation week in and week out and Kroos, while unlikely, would be a huge get. I'm big fan of Dybala but to me the Sanchez deal means he's impractical if the plan is to build a well functioning team as opposed to filling specific shirts with big names.

beingshe7don

Thus dooming us to 4-2-3-1, all of these #10 types should be off the table once Sanchez is complete, we need the #8 that frees up Pogba so we can play 4-3-3 as our base formation week in and week out and Kroos, while unlikely, would be a huge get. I'm big fan of Dybala but to me the Sanchez deal means he's impractical if the plan is to build a well functioning team as opposed to filling specific shirts with big names.
Buying Ozil, Sanchez and Kroos does not limit us to a 4-2-3-1. It gives us multiple options, game and opponent dependent. For tougher teams, we could easily play 4-3-3 with

Sanchez --- Lukaku --- Ozil
---- Pogba ------ Kroos ----
---------- Matic -------------

And the a 4-2-3-1 to go and attack
------------ Lukaku ------------
-- Martial -- Ozil -- Sanchez --
----- Pogba -------- Matic/ Kroos -----

And 3-5-2 as well if needed.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
No goals in the CL this season and no goals against the top sides in Italy. What's up with that? How has his performances against top sides been this season? I remember him scoring against Barca last season.

Devil may care

Buying Ozil, Sanchez and Kroos does not limit us to a 4-2-3-1. It gives us multiple options, game and opponent dependent. For tougher teams, we could easily play 4-3-3 with

Sanchez --- Lukaku --- Ozil
---- Pogba ------ Kroos ----
---------- Matic -------------

And the a 4-2-3-1 to go and attack
------------ Lukaku ------------
-- Martial -- Ozil -- Sanchez --
----- Pogba -------- Matic/ Kroos -----

And 3-5-2 as well if needed.
It doesn't work like that, not only does it mean Martial gets dropped in most big games, but players like Kroos and Ozil expect to play almost every game, specifically in the league, Kroos certainly isn't going to come in to share a role, and neither is Ozil, if we bring Ozil in the CM we get will be second tier, thrown in to add a body in big games, the way Jose used players like Mikel and Ramires.

Andersons Dietician

Not a fan of the 4231 but if it’s the route we are going to go down I’d rather it was Dybala than Ozil. Jose has played that 4141 formation quite a bit. Wonder if Jose would have the guts to play that in the big games or would he shift back to the 4231. Dybala can sort of play as a midfielder. Probably doesn’t have the workrate of Lingard but he is certainly better at the controlling aspect of a game.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Let's go for it, feck it I have total confidence in us pursuing any player now :lol::D to see this guy in our side plus Pogba, Martial, Sanchez and co would be immense :drool:

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Na.. there will be top clubs courting him in the summer. I don't think we stand a chance honestly.

Axkiko

I don't see Dybala coming now after Alexis. We should look after central midfielder, central defender and full back first.

E-mal

I was watching an analyst who was asked who Sanchez will replace in the starting eleven and if the forward was good enough compared to City's. He said united should add another forward close to Sanchez level and replace Lukaku from the line up, although he did say he has never rated Romelu.
In my opinion though we need an extra right sided forward, may be Dybala or Marhez.

Scholsey2004

Dybala right now is a better signing than ozil because of his age at least. But when ozil is free and dybala is 140m+?

Zlatattack

So now that Ozil is off the menu, lets bump this thread, hope someone from a tabloid newspaper reads it, or reads a tweet about the idea made by someone on the Caf and kicks off the next lot of rumours.

Trizy

Still don't get his hype. Tidy player but won't improve us massively in my opinion.

Other areas need addressing and I'd rather two 75m signings than 150m on Dybala.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Mourinho literally said yesterday that his attack is complete and his focus is on other areas. So no, let’s not bump this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.