Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andersons Dietician

Re: FFP - to sign both we'd be moving two of the BBC, so there shouldn't be any problems.
I’m sure Real aren’t that short of a penny or two but I wonder how much they’d really generate selling two of those 3. For example if they sold Bale and Benzema or Ronaldo in one of those combos they’d clear up a lot of wages but not sure they’d get 80 mil for Bale and Benzema. Ronaldo is a weird one as his worth is more than just his football ability so who knows what the market would be like for him.

Just if United FFP max is reportedly 280mil and they are supposed to be the FFP leaders seems like serious buisness would need to be done on Reals part and haven’t they been more interested in bringing in young talents recently than the galatico model?

deafepl

Adidas Twitter leaked Dybala by welcoming Dybala to the theatre of dream then deleted it quickly :p:p:drool:

deafepl

Watch, the media will be going insane on this and will report it for weeks

BlahRules

Dybala could have moved to the EPL long a go but he decided to stay in Seria instead as Barcelona and Real Madrid was not interested.

If we buy him, then we would have to throw in a lot of money at him. Also, hope Barcelona and Real have his position occupied.

IrishRedDevil

I’m sure such a massive revealing would at least involve a picture/video and a better hashtag. A misspelt tweet just hasn’t got the same wow factor.

deafepl

Barcelona and Real Madrid got hacked before, not long ago. I hope it would happen same thing to United with announcing Dybala or Ozil signing on twitter :lol::smirk:

Nick.

Virtually impossible that Adidas would make the same mistake as Nike barely a week ago. It's fake.

cyberman

I’m sure such a massive revealing would at least involve a picture/video and a better hashtag. A misspelt tweet just hasn’t got the same wow factor.
It's clearly fake but welcoming tweets like these aren't uncommon. Look at Nike with Coutinho

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
If I was confident we can get him and will try, then City are welcome to Sanchez. I’d take Alexis over Griezmann though.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
btw, that might just have been adidas announcing he's signed up with them

izec

If City miss out on Sanchez, i can imagine them going hard for Dybala in the summer. A big name signing they will want to make and he could be on the move in the summer.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
If City miss out on Sanchez, i can imagine them going hard for Dybala in the summer. A big name signing they will want to make and he could be on the move in the summer.
This is a fear of mine too. Perfect Agüero replacement.

Andersons Dietician

Wonder if we do get Sanchez if this supposed intrest would be dead in the water or just solidify us playing 4231 as the only way I could see both playing is Sanchez right or left, Dybala central. Guess you could put Dybala on the right and have him operate like Mata does.

Womp

idiot
Wonder if we do get Sanchez if this supposed intrest would be dead in the water or just solidify us playing 4231 as the only way I could see both playing is Sanchez right or left, Dybala central. Guess you could put Dybala on the right and have him operate like Mata does.
Bigger problem than tactics would be the financial aspect. If we sign Sanchez, I don't see us being able to afford Dybala, especially with us needing a CM and a fullback at least.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
One or the other would make the most sense.

DdeGoat

That line-up would be devoid of much creativity. Dybala is more a second striker than a creative number 10 or a Silva type player who can come in from the flanks. If Jose plans to play Sanchez behind the striker, then Lemar or Fekir would be better choices to play on the right.

I don't think we need a "right winger" to play on the right as you'll read on here. What we need is a better player than Mata or Mkhitaryan.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Lukaku

Sanchez
Dybala
Martial/Rashford/Lingard

Pogba
Matic

Shaw
Bailly
Jones
Valencia

DDG

We can dream...

AndyJ1985

Lukaku

Sanchez
Dybala
Martial/Rashford/Lingard

Pogba
Matic

Shaw
Bailly
Jones
Valencia

DDG

We can dream...
Tbh if we were to get Sanchez and Dybala I don't think Lukaku would be needed. It'd be better balanced to push Pogba further up and add another CM. Dybala Sanchez and Martial could be incredible.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Tbh if we were to get Sanchez and Dybala I don't think Lukaku would be needed. It'd be better balanced to push Pogba further up and add another CM. Dybala Sanchez and Martial could be incredible.
I think you are right to be honest

I think we'll go for Ozil instead of Dybala mind

redNATION

We need two CMs with Fellaini and Carrick both leaving. 433 suits us, and gets the best out of Pogba. If we get Dybala, Sanchez would go left, Dybala right, and Lukaku or Martial up front. Of course, we still have the full back issues to sort out.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Agree with this. Still, I doubt we’d prioritise another forward. I also think we’ll go for Pulisic next summer.

Andersons Dietician

Bigger problem than tactics would be the financial aspect. If we sign Sanchez, I don't see us being able to afford Dybala, especially with us needing a CM and a fullback at least.
Yeah, do have to wonder tho as apparently our FFP limit is 280mil. Ed has said that if a player is available and we want them then the money is there. If we’d have gotten Griezman would that have affected deals for Lukaku and Matic or would the 80 mil have been made available on top of the which looks like a set fee of 150mil.

Do agree we would still need other positions like CM and a RB looked at and if Fellaini leaves, Carrick retires then we might need 2 CM depending on McTominay and Pereira.

Personally I think Dybala would be around 150mil so that budget would be gone in one move.

rotherham_red

I still think we'll go after him this summer. Before January, we needed a 10 to replace Mkhitaryan, a winger, a squad player striker, and a midfielder (potentially a FB or two as well, but honestly, I'd rank that pretty low on the priorities with the likes of Shaw and TFM around). If we get Sanchez, then that's the winger and bench striker positions sorted, and all that would be left is the 10 and the third midfielder to play alongside Matic and/or Pogba. I think we're going to get Ozil on a free, as it would free up funds and well, it's a no brainer to get someone that good on a free transfer, and he played the best football of his career with Jose. But what makes me think we'll get Dybala, or someone of that ilk, is that Jose has already stated that we are going to spend Pogba-level money for at least one player this summer, and I can't see any other positions on the pitch that we would be justified in spending that sort of money on. The room in the squad will be made through the sales of Mkhitaryan and Mata, IMO.

Can't see City's need for him either. He's not a CF and they already have Jesus there and so many other talents in the attacking positions that he would be able to play. It would be overkill and a pointless signing for them.

rotherham_red

Yeah, do have to wonder tho as apparently our FFP limit is 280mil. Ed has said that if a player is available and we want them then the money is there. If we’d have gotten Griezman would that have affected deals for Lukaku and Matic or would the 80 mil have been made available on top of the which looks like a set fee of 150mil.

Do agree we would still need other positions like CM and a RB looked at and if Fellaini leaves, Carrick retires then we might need 2 CM depending on McTominay and Pereira.

Personally I think Dybala would be around 150mil so that budget would be gone in one move.
You also have to factor in sales - Mkhitaryan will be gone for at least £20m simply because of his contract having so much time left to run, with big question marks over the futures of Darmian, Blind, and Mata. Collectively I'd say that they would fetch just £40m (£12m, £15m and £20-25m respectively). Add that to the Mkhitaryan sale, and the fact that we have a surplus to last season's budget as well, we easily have enough to spend more than £150m.

Status
Not open for further replies.