g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He didn't lower his demands to play in Spurs' new stadium? I'm shocked.

Zed 101

This is off topic and i know i'm breaking the rules so to speak, but i want to replay to this.

I agree that with Pogba it most likely has nothing to do with his nationality or his race, but i think there is something else. I think some people can not stand the fact that he left and became a great player. We got him back, and since then he is judged by impossible standars by some. Even in his most productive season ever (and fresh from a WC win), it is not enough. How many people want him gone even though they know how important he is to the first 11, it defies logic.

I fear that last seasons failure has done a number on some of our fans. Wanting your best players out and not wishing to have some other great players based on nationality, not good :lol:
Fans like me watch the games as I am sure you do and judge the player on what we see not on stats, (which if you deduct his penalties are not nearly so impressive), if watching the games week in week out you can tell me you are happy with what Pogba puts on the pitch well then you must be watching different matches to me, or have Pogba tinted glasses on

I agree he can be quality but he is in the Nani as and when bracket not in the Ronaldo every match bracket

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Right so if this is true .. what was the point in submitting an official bid? A conversation beforehand about whether it was even remotely possible we could meet his wage demands would have avoided us wasting time on it.

Again, like I said previously .. just doesn't smell right to me at all. Levy is many things but not an idiot, he knows when a deal isn't going to be possible. Everyone could see we wouldn't meet the wage demands.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Right so if this is true .. what was the point in submitting an official bid? A conversation beforehand about whether it was even remotely possible we could meet his wage demands would have avoided us wasting time on it.

Again, like I said previously .. just doesn't smell right to me at all. Levy is many things but not an idiot, he knows when a deal isn't going to be possible. Everyone could see we wouldn't meet the wage demands.
You've been Dyballared...know how that feels

Feed Me

I'm hungry

This is exactly the complaint I have with United’s pursuit of Dybala

jackal&hyde

Fans like me watch the games as I am sure you do and judge the player on what we see not on stats, (which if you deduct his penalties are not nearly so impressive), if watching the games week in week out you can tell me you are happy with what Pogba puts on the pitch well then you must be watching different matches to me, or have Pogba tinted glasses on

I agree he can be quality but he is in the Nani as and when bracket not in the Ronaldo every match bracket
I don have glasses tinted of any kind i just watch football. From football i see a player playing in a decent team being fantastic (Juventus); i see a player in a decent team wining the WC (France); i see a player whom all his manager have nothing but good things to say.

I can say that as a United fan i am happy with what Pogba has produced. He doesn't looked bothered? Yes friend, he is not messi. He is a great player that depends of other players. Like Kante, Hazard, Vidic, etc.

If i deduct his penalties i am not so happy with all the assits? Or the chances created?

Why do you think i am writing in the Dybala thread? I want the team to have one other player that can create chances. If we don't get that, we will have last season all over again. Pogba marked by half of the opposition team while we kick Mctominay for not being a good DM and Pogba for not wining every game.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
It makes more sense with United though. You have far more funds and maybe there was some leeway with the original demands.

With us, we knew he proved too expensive for United and we're also aware we have a strict wage structure. Unless he was about to halve his wage demands (why would he do that?) it was never going to be even slightly possible, so why waste time on it?

Feed Me

I'm hungry
It makes more sense with United though. You have far more funds and maybe there was some leeway with the original demands.

With us, we knew he proved too expensive for United and we're also aware we have a strict wage structure. Unless he was about to halve his wage demands (why would he do that?) it was never going to be even slightly possible, so why waste time on it?
It was a non-starter for both clubs in the sense it was widely reported he has no interest in leaving Juve and certainly not for the PL

The fact Spurs and United are pissing around at this stage of the market sums up the lack of a joined up approach

You boys have been stung into action by Poch’s wobble in the press recently while we are just perennially incompetent

It’s okay though, we’ve signed a quick young lad from Swansea

macheda14

(replying to you in two posts) It wasn't much of a waste of time, as soon as you hear he's available you table a bid to try and get top of the queue, then his agent sends over his demands. It has been stretched out by the press, but probably took no time at all and didn't hinder you making moves for other players.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
It was a non-starter for both clubs in the sense it was widely reported he has no interest in leaving Juve and certainly not for the PL

The fact Spurs and United are pissing around at this stage of the market sums up the lack of a joined up approach

You boys have been stung into action by Poch’s wobble in the press recently while we are just perennially incompetent

It’s okay though, we’ve signed a quick young lad from Swansea

I think it's worse from our perspective for sure, because we saw you fail at it (a club with far more funds than us) and decided 'yeah, we'll have a go at that' for some bizarre reason. Just screams of trying to keep Poch/the fans happy by showing 'ambition' with big bids for players we know won't be possible to actually sign.

You've had a weird window for me. AWB/Maguire will definitely improve you defensively but it's strange how little you've done to improve your midfield & attack.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I’m glad this has happened. It finally showed all of us that Ed has truly learned his lesson with the Sanchez feck up

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
(replying to you in two posts) It wasn't much of a waste of time, as soon as you hear he's available you table a bid to try and get top of the queue, then his agent sends over his demands. It has been stretched out by the press, but probably took no time at all and didn't hinder you making moves for other players.
Just seems pointless. Anybody could have told us his demands would be too much.

JB7

There was no pursuit ffs, Juventus offered him in exchange and we spoke to his agent and pulled out. I don’t get how this is so complicated for people to understand.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
There was no pursuit ffs, Juventus offered him in exchange and we spoke to his agent and pulled out. I don’t get how this is so complicated for people to understand.
We made a contract offer, we wouldn't of done that had we not wanted him. The contract offer if you believe reports suggest we really wanted him too. Also you wouldn't get our manager name dropping him if he wasn't on our radar

Feed Me

I'm hungry
I think it's worse from our perspective for sure, because we saw you fail at it (a club with far more funds than us) and decided 'yeah, we'll have a go at that' for some bizarre reason. Just screams of trying to keep Poch/the fans happy by showing 'ambition' with big bids for players we know won't be possible to actually sign.

You've had a weird window for me. AWB/Maguire will definitely improve you defensively but it's strange how little you've done to improve your midfield & attack.
Those defenders will be hung out to dry by our shocking midfield. Our strikers will flatter to deceive when it comes to scoring, we will end up with a GD of about 20 - scoring 60 odd and conceding 40 odd

I don’t even know why I let myself get so angry because the same thing happens every year so there should be no surprise to it

The club talks a good game but has no interest in investing at a level to get us competing

That’s why they gave the manager’s job to a raffle winner

Amarsdd

The way the people were talking over here I thought Dybala was taking a pay cut to play for Tottenham with their CL, their new stadium, their manager and their amazing achievements.

JB7

We made a contract offer, we wouldn't of done that had we not wanted him. The contract offer if you believe reports suggest we really wanted him too. Also you wouldn't get our manager name dropping him if he wasn't on our radar
I’m sure we did offer him a deal, as he was a player we were happy with in exchange for Lukaku. We did pursue him in the way other clubs have pursued Lukaku for example, he was just a solution we’d have been happy with and pulled out when we felt he wasn’t worth what he wanted.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Took us a long while to ascertain he was no interested

Besides, why did we even entertain it? I thought we were all about looking at a new profile of player?

It’s all bollocks - Woodward tried dick swinging again and we got rejected

Amarsdd

I'm not sure if you read Ole's quotes properly. He was only mentioning him in passing as at that time Dybala was never an option. So that is not like we were chasing him. Juventus then suddenly offered Dybala to us for whatever reason, and only then we started to talk to Dybala's agent. And it soon became clear we were not going to meet Dybala's wage demands. Whereas Tottenham knew what happened between us and Dybala but still bid for him without making sure they can meet Dybala's wage demands.

joedirt87

How is this still stupidly happening? We have sold Lukaku to Inter and Juve ain't gonna sell Dybala now with no striker coming in
they would buy Icardi.

Start the clock, get ready for Blah Blah Blah part 2

redshaw

How is this still stupidly happening? We have sold Lukaku to Inter and Juve ain't gonna sell Dybala now with no striker coming in
With Lukaku going to Inter it may well be Icardi going to Juve. So they sell Dybala then buy Icardi.

Status
Not open for further replies.