Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUnchies

Would you rather us sign nobody if Ronaldo leaves?
Yeah nobody if it’s Dybala. I don’t get it, this guy hasn’t done anything for like 3 years but here you are acting like he’s on fire.

The caf want Martial and Rashford gone because they haven’t developed in the past few years but yet you want us to sign Dybala?

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Injuries taking their toll/accumulating?
Not injuries, just a persistent, alarming conditioning issue for a 28yo professional athlete… feck, he can’t run anymore: one or two sprints and he’s gassed. He is also snail’s pace, when trying full throttle. I think a proper medical examination would find the underlying issue, but he just can’t find a team right now.

Stadjer

Not injuries, just a persistent, alarming conditioning issue for a 28yo professional athlete… feck, he can’t run anymore: one or two sprints and he’s gassed. He is also snail’s pace, when trying full throttle. I think a proper medical examination would find the underlying issue, but he just can’t find a team right now.
Didnt he have a bad case of covid? Anyway if he signs for a club he does need to do a medical. That is a proper medical examination isnt it?

the_cliff

Ok I get what you meant.

In terms of options though, these intrigue me based on what I've seen of them. No idea what type of forward ETH would want or what their price would be, but...

João Felix or Nkunku - Both very unlikely. Atletico may be open to it but sounds like JF isn't. Great all round players that I think would be good for at least 10-15 league goals.

Osimhen - Athletic, good goalscorer, incredible in the air. Could lead the line well as a lone CF. Not sure what he'd cost, Napoli always quote high prices but never seen the waters tested.

Zapata - If we want a target man that is good with the ball at his feet, I think he's a decent option. I think he's basically what Lukaku tries to be as a player, but he doesn't score as much as Lukaku. Like him as a player though and he could fill the role for a year or two of that's what we need.

Schick - Good goalscorer, reminds me of RVP at times. Not sure they'd sell but I feel it could happen if we pushed. Correct me if I'm wrong but do Leverkusen have the means to turn down a reasonable bid and is he that attached to them? I know he signed a new deal recently but I still feel like a bigger team could make it happen if they really wanted to.

Danjuma - impressed me as a LW but hearing he played as a CF last season. Intriguing if true, he's got the attributes of a good player to fulfill that role. A constant thorn in a CBs side that is reasonably strong but also fast and good at carrying the ball. For the right price I'd be happy to see it given a go. Put up decent numbers as a CF last season, including 5 goals from that position in the CL. Seems to have gotten injured quite a bit so missed games to really hit double figures in the league. 6 goals and 2 assists from 9 games in that position according to info I could find online. He's versatile too in that he can play LW, which I thought was his primary position until I was told he played CF last season and looked into it more.

Ekitike sounds a player with good potential, but I think Garnacho even more so. I certainly wouldn't be against him being given plenty of opportunities and recent stories have suggested ETH will fast track him.
That's a very good list. Personally I don't rate Osimhen and Zapata as highly as you but ETH did do wonders with Haller so it is entirely possible as they are a similar profile of player. My personal choice would be Felix and I have heard Atletico are interested in selling but as you said it's unrealistic.

The problem imo and I could be wrong is after seeing the reports from Ornstein and the reliable Journos we didn't move for Nunez as we didn't have a big enough budget to upgrade the striker issue and all other positions ETH wanted to upgrade. ETH chose to concentrate on the midfield and the defence first and use Ronaldo for the season. So unless the Glazers decide to give us an extra 80m emergency fund the majority of those options are unrealistic.

Other than Danjuma (who I believe Villareal had an agreement with West Ham for 35mill) and Schick you're looking at north of 60 mill for all of those names.

Of course ETH could decide to pass on a RW and get Danjuma/Schick that's also an option but I'd personally much prefer Dybala and a RW provided we're not paying him a fortune.

Let's see what he decides to do.

Nick.

Feel like this would be a dreadful signing. Ronaldo really is screwing us over if this is what we are having to resort to.

Trex

If we gamble on him it must be on decent wages, maybe with appearance and goal clauses not some stupid deal that we'll regret.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
That's a very good list. Personally I don't rate Osimhen and Zapata as highly as you but ETH did do wonders with Haller so it is entirely possible as they are a similar profile of player. My personal choice would be Felix and I have heard Atletico are interested in selling but as you said it's unrealistic.

The problem imo and I could be wrong is after seeing the reports from Ornstein and the reliable Journos we didn't move for Nunez as we didn't have a big enough budget to upgrade the striker issue and all other positions ETH wanted to upgrade. ETH chose to concentrate on the midfield and the defence first and use Ronaldo for the season. So unless the Glazers decide to give us an extra 80m emergency fund the majority of those options are unrealistic.

Other than Danjuma (who I believe Villareal had an agreement with West Ham for 35mill) and Schick you're looking at north of 60 mill for all of those names.

Of course ETH could decide to pass on a RW and get Danjuma/Schick that's also an option but I'd personally much prefer Dybala and a RW provided we're not paying him a fortune.

Let's see what he decides to do.
There was a report the other day saying that if Ronaldo leaves then ETH wants Danjuma and Antony. I'd be happy with that but it would take our signings to over our reported budget. Although a lot depends on the FdJ situation.

It's a shame because I liked the look of a few CFs recently, moreso than those in my list (apart from Felix and Nkunku), but they've all moved. Vlahovic, Nunez and Richarlison, who I do like as a player and is another versatile option. Nkunku and Felix are my top choices by far though. I think if the right coach can get hold of Felix then he'd become a top level CF. At the moment he's just doing a good job helping Someone shithouse his way through games by being their outlet on the counter. Complete waste, but he's apparently happy.

Of those listed, Schick is the most likely to replace Ronaldo's goals I feel.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Thats rather worrying. Would be surprised if ETH backed that. Would rather we move for Jonathan David

pocco

loco
That is worrying. Like you say there must be an underlying health issue, possibly covid related. Are clubs genuinely not interested in him? As in, he's struggling to find a club that wants him?

the_cliff

There was a report the other day saying that if Ronaldo leaves then ETH wants Danjuma and Antony. I'd be happy with that but it would take our signings to over our reported budget. Although a lot depends on the FdJ situation.

It's a shame because I liked the look of a few CFs recently, moreso than those in my list (apart from Felix and Nkunku), but they've all moved. Vlahovic, Nunez and Richarlison, who I do like as a player and is another versatile option. Nkunku and Felix are my top choices by far though. I think if the right coach can get hold of Felix then he'd become a top level CF. At the moment he's just doing a good job helping Someone shithouse his way through games by being their outlet on the counter. Complete waste, but he's apparently happy.

Of those listed, Schick is the most likely to replace Ronaldo's goals I feel.
I'd be happy with Danjuma and Antony but with the ridiculous fee Ajax are asking for I'd say it's not likely.

Felix would be my dream signing, I reckon ETH would turn him into a monster he has the potential to win Balon D'or imo.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
More than Lingard is still a mile off 500k :lol:

I reckon he'd take half that, not that I think we should pay him that. 200k on a 2+1 contract.
Based on what?

You'd be happy to take him on £200k?

Yeah, good luck, with that plus the signing on fee for a guy who's been slightly above average in Seria A.

But, we're desperate I guess .

saivet

Forget the wages and him rejecting us but I really don't think he is all that good. We sign him and I think in a year or two we'd all be wanting him out or replaced.

pocco

loco
I'd be happy with Danjuma and Antony but with the ridiculous fee Ajax are asking for I'd say it's not likely.

Felix would be my dream signing, I reckon ETH would turn him into a monster he has the potential to win Balon D'or imo
Agreed. Nice to see others that rate him too. I remember he was criminally downplayed on here when he first left Benfica to join Atletico and people saw him playing for Portugal. Would love to dig out some of those posts now. I'm really surprised Pep didn't throw the Haaland money at him instead.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
Based on what?

Yeah, good luck, with that plus the signing on fee for a guy who's been slightly above average in Seria A.

I mean he's had no takers in Serie A, so he won't have much leverage to ask for such a high signing on fee or wages tbh. At reasonable wages, he's worth a punt.

croadyman

He would be our starting striker. Miles better than anything Martial or Rashford have produced the last 2 seasons.

Like Eriksen, on a free a no brainer. I dont see the strikers available this summer when Ronaldo leaves, and FdJ, Martinez and a winger will cost money.

He is not the dream player currently, but for 3-4 years perfect to have, as technically excellent and versatile for ETH i imagine
Yeah Martinez, Malacia, Frenkie along with Eriksen & Dybala on frees is quality window. I know it doesn't address issues at RB and DM but it's sorting LCB, CM and right sided attacker.

RC89

Based on what?

A guess more than anything. But based on the fact he doesn't appear to have any high paying suitors currently other than Inter. I can't imagine they're offering him 250k, so yeah I think he'd take it.

Happy is a strong word. I'm not particularly interested in him but if ETH is then I think 200k is probably okay given he's a free transfer and so long as there's no huge signing fee.

croadyman

If we are looking to replace Ronaldo's output, i think we would have to go for Lewandowski or Benzema, which is unrealistic. The only other 2 players moved to our rivals and Mbappe signed an extension. Kane is not coming either. If we have to buy a replacement for Ronaldo, it will be a decent downgrade output wise.

Lets hope we have a plan.
Yeah neither would want to join us

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He’s actually shite these days isn’t he? We dodged a bullet a few years ago. Let’s not revisit it. I only want the hungriest players to come here, especially in what has proven to be a totally flat lazy attack. I think Martial could probably do as good of a job at ST and that’s not saying much at this point

Woziak

Good way of looking at it actually
Perfect way of looking at it plus he can play inverted wide right, not the quickest but clever can also play as right sided number 10 in a 3421 or 4321 or even 3223 formation so Dybala plus Eriksen with no fee and 28 and 30 represents good value, basically we swapped Pogba wages for these two and mo transfer fee, just get a swap deal worth Ronaldo for Frankie or Lewandowski and it’s all good

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Wouldn't be a United summer window without the obligatory big name forward panic signing

Woziak

A guess more than anything. But based on the fact he doesn't appear to have any high paying suitors currently other than Inter. I can't imagine they're offering him 250k, so yeah I think he'd take it.

Happy is a strong word. I'm not particularly interested in him but if ETH is then I think 200k is probably okay given he's a free transfer and so long as there's no huge signing fee.
I think ETH sees him in Dusan Tadic role so it could work

flappyjay

I see his reputation still lives for some people. I would rather we don't sign anyone sometimes that's the best option. Rather than committing finances on a player that will surely make a farce when we push him to the bench when we get an out an out forward. The guy is finished. Looks like redcafe likes these Woodward type signings more than they would like to admit.

Ted Lasso

Never came close to reaching his potential having got comfortable in Turin, can barely keep his place there. Better off giving Martial another season to disappoint.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He is just 28. Few years ago he was my dream signing, now he is a serie a reject.

MrEleson

Isn’t even that prolific a scorer generally and his fragility is increasing with each passing season. He’s also a bad tactical fit as he’s neither a CF nor a good enough false #9, is slow, etc. Wouldn’t take him unless utterly desperate.

mav_9me

Agreed. Nice to see others that rate him too. I remember he was criminally downplayed on here when he first left Benfica to join Atletico and people saw him playing for Portugal. Would love to dig out some of those posts now. I'm really surprised Pep didn't throw the Haaland money at him instead.
Imagine how good Felix would be in this city side. Perfect pep player no?

UDontMessWith24

Free transfer with a contract that reflects his lack of demand and an acceptance of being a squad player should be the conditions.

DepaysCowboyHat

Throwing up the Dybala Mask is a much better and more sophisticated way to celebrate a goal than the siuuuuuu anyway, and better to imitate for fans without sounding like a stabbed piggy.
Sign him up!

Redcy

He's played nearly 300 games for Juventus in 7 years.
He has missed nearly 40 games in the last two seasons.

His record is pretty average, and he is unlikely to want less than massive wages. Didn't want to come here originally and you guys are the same people who moan about fdJ not begging us to come.

Could he do well for us? Maybe.. and like you say I am not sure we will have much choice if we want a striker.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
He has missed nearly 40 games in the last two seasons.

His record is pretty average, and he is unlikely to want less than massive wages. Didn't want to come here originally and you guys are the same people who moan about fdJ not begging us to come.

Could he do well for us? Maybe.. and like you say I am not sure we will have much choice if we want a striker.
Not me :confused:

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Don’t know how anyone could read this post from a Juve fan and still think this is a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.