Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
And that's the point, has no one learnt anything?
Three is nothing to learn here. Every player is different, not sure why they have to be linked.

We have signed many young players who flopped, few world class players who flopped and also few old players who flopped.

Trying to think of the big money buys that have actually worked out well for us.
Keane,RVN,Ronaldo,Rooney,Rio,RVP and maybe Pogba at a stretch.

Womp

idiot
He looks happy enough today. Certainly doesn't look like he's being forced out of his dream job against his will.
He burst into tears once the car drove off, knowing his future was at Old Trafford. Gotta feel for the kid, hate to see it

RuudTom83

They should be no real pressure on him tbh. He is just replacing Lukaku! so a few goals and a half decent control...then he is a resounding success :)

dove

I get why people are worried we are repeating same mistakes but we should not compare it with Sanchez deal as it's very different. Alexis has already started showing signs of losing a bit of his physical attributes and many Arsenal fans called him out for the exact same issues he has with us but for some reason our board and majority of our fans ignored it. When we signed him I said that that swap doesn't make any sense. Dybala is 25. Perfect age and is yet to reach his prime in a couple of years. We are potentially getting a player who wouldn't look out of place at any club in the world and you definitely can't say that about Lukaku. Of course Dybala will not solve all our problems but if we want to build a quality team, this is the exact type of players we should be targeting, the ones who know how to play with the ball at their feet.

Womp

idiot
People saying our big name signings in recent times have been shit are correct. What they're overlooking is the fact that our signings in general, for the most part, have been shite. Overlooking potential World class players simply cause we've been burnt in the past is how you stay in 6th.

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
Everyone is overlooking one major aspect though - Di Maria was also Argentinian and failed here.
No one is overlooking that. The number of posters here that have said the same thing is just a joke. Aguero and Tevez spring to mind and they turned out fine footballers albeit the latter being a bit of tool. Why not speak positive about a potential exciting signing. See you post stuff like this gets me depressed mate.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Three is nothing to learn here. Every player is different, not sure why they have to be linked.

We have signed many young players who flopped, few world class players who flopped and also few old players who flopped.
If you truly think that then you're a lost cause

Again I repeat you do not just sign a good player because they become available, you scout them, you weigh up their longevity, you weigh up whether they really want to be here or not, you weigh up whether their wage demands will have a knock on effect, you weigh up if they really fit into what you're trying to build and if all those things check out then you buy them

It's the gung ho approach that landed us with the likes of Di Maria, Falcao and Sanchez, I expect this kind of attitudes from fans who know nothing but not the people who run the biggest club in the world

mu4c_20le

They should be no real pressure on him tbh. He is just replacing Lukaku! so a few goals and a half decent control...then he is a resounding success :)
I think his biggest improvement over Big Rom is the way he can bring the best out of Rashers and Martial.

Womp

idiot
No one is overlooking that. The number of posters here that have said the same thing is just a joke. Aguero and Tevez spring to mind and they turned out fine footballers albeit the latter being a bit of tool. Why not speak positive about a potential exciting signing. See you post stuff like this gets me depressed mate.
Wasn't being serious pal

The expectations are that low because of Lukaku. I suppose you cant really lose if this is your view on this potential transfer.:D

Eddy_JukeZ

I hope when I wake up, this is close to being finalized.

Either through a swap deal or us just selling Lukaku.

Nick.

I can't help but feel everything indicates he doesn't want to come. I'd rather Bruno if we had choose

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
If you truly think that then you're a lost cause

Again I repeat you do not just sign a good player because they become available, you scout them, you weigh up their longevity, you weigh up whether they really want to be here or not, you weigh up whether their wage demands will have a knock on effect, you weigh up if they really fit into what you're trying to build and if all those things check out then you buy them

It's the gung ho approach that landed us with the likes of Di Maria, Falcao and Sanchez, I expect this kind of attitudes from fans who know nothing but not the people who run the biggest club in the world
Oh, I didn't know the complete conversation. I thought you were giving random Sanchez example.

Also bold part, calm down.

mu4c_20le

People saying our big name signings in recent times have been shit are correct. What they're overlooking is the fact that our signings in general, for the most part, have been shite. Overlooking potential World class players simply cause we've been burnt in the past is how you stay in 6th.
Also for most of those names, their fans couldn't be arsed about them leaving. From what ive seen so far, 99% of juve fans are against this, with the remaining 1% cautiously being optimistic about Lukaku being a better fit for them than Paolo.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Trying to think of the big money buys that have actually worked out well for us.
Keane,RVN,Ronaldo,Rooney,Rio,RVP and maybe Pogba at a stretch.
Robson, McClair, Hughes, Pallister, Cole, Yorke, Stam, Carrick, Nani, De Gea, and even Berbatov to an extent (he won the PL golden boot with us and that hattrick vs Liverpool :drool:).

So yeah, plenty of big money signings were a success.

Cypriot

I can't help but feel everything indicates he doesn't want to come. I'd rather Bruno ifvwe had choose.
I just don't see why his agent would meet with Ed Woodward against the will of the player he represents? If he met Woodward, it's because Dybala is at least interested. His preference is obviously to stay at Juve, but I don't think moving to Manchester United is a hellish prospect :lol:

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
Wasn't being serious pal
Well you got me there. Sorry, a bit touchy this morning. Dying for him to sign so I can rest easy knowing we’ve got a very very good player in a swap deal with a player who can’t trap a ball to save his life.

Zeno

One week ago there were 80 posts on this thread. But it’s moving into top gear now. What are the odds it will overtake the Maguire thread before either resolves?

SATA

I hope he goes right into the training ground and have his chat with Sarri. No point doing training with a club that doesn’t want you

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Who would you actually have us sign? You would never look at most of the names on that list and expect them to flop, unfortunately some players do well at a club and some don’t.
Actually yes in hindsight you do look at almost everyone of those players and understand why they flopped

Di Maria - never wanted to be here, and was played anywhere but the position he excelled at in Madrid.
Sanchez - when he was bought all fans assumed he would play RW, alas the manager played him in the one position where we were already stacked which in turn had knock on effects for the two young players making that position their own
Schweinsteiger - legs gone, Bayern practically giving him away
Falcao - off the back of at least one major knee injury
Kagawa - to this day I dont understand why we bought a number 10 when he was never going to play ahead of Rooney or Welbeck. Fergie even said before we signed him we wouldn't be changing our style of play to accommodate him

Now you'll obviously argue that hindsight is a wonderful thing but you wouldn't of needed hindsight had proper scouting gone on before hand

SATA

Get hyped.
I have never seen him play much but wow i can see the Messi comparisons there. And then i watched it further again and wonder myself why Juve is pushing him out and for Lukaku of all people who can’t even do a quarter of that

Status
Not open for further replies.