Not open for further replies.

Ole’s Wheel

Supports
CR7

Let’s.

fecking.

Gooooooooooo!

izec

I'd wait until Di Marzio says anything. People will be trying to seem like they're ahead of everybody else when they're actually just talking shite. We've had 2 completely contradictory tweets in here in the past half hour. They are all just guessing.
I agree. The guy who first broke story is the best one for this

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.

Gotta say, they're not treating him with very much respect tbh

linkovic

Sounds like bs if Dybala has said no but theres gonna be "new meetings today". He could have turned down a contract proposal and is asking for more money? What do you guys think, are we gonna see some movement on this today or is it going down to the wire...?

Devil may care

You know some of the comments in this thread are worrying if the club feels the same way, if it thinks that it shouldn't put the work in convincing players, making them believe and enthusiastic about the project and the future, if that's the case then it's no wonder why we are struggling when it comes to signing top players and maintaining a certain level of ambition within the playing staff. When I look at the fan base, I see a lot of "new money" mentality, fans who think that we just have to snap our fingers and players are supposed to run in our direction while their clubs have the obligation to bend over.
Exactly, the days of Fergie are gone, where when United came calling players came running and clubs did business. Now players have many more options and lots of "smaller" clubs now have lots of funds, for instance the Maguire/Leicester situation. We also have to work doubly hard on a South American player I feel and in this case we are asking a player to leave the penthouse for a regular apartment at the current moment, we need to sell the Theatre of Dreams to him, it's where we needed a guy like Rio or Evra amongst the bankers and lawyers on the transfer negotiating team IMO.

TsuWave

Also, the narrative that he’s being shown his coat at Juve is eerily similar to the Di Maria situation at Madrid. Ultimately we need players who desperately want to come here, not ones who are getting pushed out and choose United just for the money.
people keep saying this, but we are a Europa league club with an unproven manager and relatively poor squad. there won't be many quality players (similar calibre to Dybala's) "desperate" to come to us. Plenty of the teams have benefitted from other teams "pushing" good players out. I remember people used to eagerly wait for the Real Madrid yearly summer sale.

Marcelinho87

This sounds very harsh at first, but after thinking about it... isn't that exactly what a player does to a club when he wants out? Don't see why it can't go both ways.
Exactly.

It is also why we are stuck with a load of shite like Rojo and Darmian etc because they are happy to sit and lap up wages for nothing.

Pace Abuser

Too many of us are used to the United standards. This is Juventus, they're ruthless with their squad management.

elnorte

Freaky fly day

Let’s.

fecking.

Gooooooooooo!
Great stuff. Those tweets certainly allay fears anyone ever had about his willingness to join and his ability to fit into the team.

Bojan11

people keep saying this, but we are a Europa league club with an unproven manager and relatively poor squad. there won't be many quality players (similar calibre to Dybala's) "desperate" to come to us. Plenty of the teams have benefitted from other teams "pushing" good players out. I remember people used to eagerly wait for the Real Madrid yearly summer sale.
For every Di Maria there is a Robben or Sneijder. Di Marias character wasn’t made for England. He just wanted a easy life and he gets that at PSG.

Devil may care

Didn’t know you turned into Brock Lesnar, champ?
Forget Maguire, there's our new CB, he wont even need a partner, he can just stand in front of the 18 yard box and teams will constantly pass it wide while the striker hangs out in midfield.

Ole’s Wheel

Supports
CR7
Honestly speaking, kind of feel bad for Dybala but it’s quite comical at the same time.

He’s got no clue as to why Juvé have changed their tone all of a sudden while showing him the exit and to top it off, they’re unnecessarily dragging him through the dirt.

Man is being put through the blender right now

ChaddyP

For every Di Maria there is a Robben or Sneijder. Di Marias character wasn’t made for England. He just wanted a easy life and he gets that at PSG.
Good thing there are No reports of Paulo floating with the idea of going PSG over us then ;)

Infestissumam

I feel bad for Dybala. The way he is discarded by Juve is unbelievable ... and all for Romelu freaking Lukaku :houllier:

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
feck respect, this is how it should be done.

Don't want a player anymore, make sure they damn well know about it.
I understand this approach towards players who are not good enough and have been given plenty of opportunity, but Dybala has performed consistently well for the majority of his time there and was shifted out when Ronaldo was signed through no fault of his own.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
look Manchester united aren't the most attractive club right now , but i don't like the fact that Dybala is asking for huge pay increase to play here the allure of Old trafford is fading .
We can't offer Champions League. The allure of Old Trafford is not the problem, the contests we compete in is.

But unless the news headlins today are completely made up, Ronaldo adviced Dybala to go sign here. Plus Paul Pogba is still a member of this team, and him and Dybala are buddies from his Juve days. It's not all doom and gloom.

Acquire Me

We can't offer Champions League. The allure of Old Trafford is not the problem, the contests we compete in is.

But unless the news headlins today are completely made up, Ronaldo adviced Dybala to go sign here. Plus Paul Pogba is still a member of this team, and him and Dybala are buddies from his Juve days. It's not all doom and gloom.
We are a powerhouse and the worlds most famous club. Also, we will be back in the good company soon.

Ole’s Wheel

Supports
CR7
Good thing there are No reports of Paulo floating with the idea of going PSG over us then ;)
Some of us really are shameful...we’re lucky enough he hasn’t flat out denied joining us because we’re not even a CL side as he’s one of the most talented/valued players in the world.

Look, I’m going to be completely honest here: Most players in Dybala’s feet would prefer PSG over us. Better wages, better lifestyle, CL football, easier league. But PSG aren’t in the market so it sucks to be Dybala - and again, he hasn’t denied us, it’s just that we weren’t his top priority. I don’t blame him and there’s certainly no harm in that if he had other preferences above us.

Status
Not open for further replies.