Pedro | Agreed terms with Chelsea

where will Pedro go?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AKDevil

Something just occurred to me. This idea that united had doubts about Pedro.
What a load of bull. Woodward was the one who started all this by briefing united were going to sign him.
No way would he have done that and pursued it without LVG's say so.
Embarrassing to miss out, embarrassing to try and lie about it too.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I think he'll be great for Chelsea. Surprised Mourinho hadn't snapped him up quicker. He's just as relentless as Willian with far more composure, tactical positioning, and finishing ability.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Something just occurred to me. This idea that united had doubts about Pedro.
What a load of bull. Woodward was the one who started all this by briefing united were going to sign him.
No way would he have done that and pursued it without LVG's say so.
Embarrassing to miss out, embarrassing to try and lie about it too.
It certainly seemed like he was interested:

"It is a process," said Van Gaal in a news conference: "When he has signed I come to you and say: 'Hey, Pedro is here.' That is not the case and we shall wait and see."

Van Gaal has spoken of a wish to acquire more attack-minded players with the speed and creativity Di Maria possesses and it was suggested to him that the 28-year-old fits the bill.

"I hear, and Pedro is a player like that," he replied. "So write it!"

Rich_H_1989

lost in a street fight to van gaal
Memphis and Schweini aren't marquee signings?

You guys have easily done the best business thus far out of anyone in the PL. You guys have gone all Real Madrid now and lust after big names.
I agree with you to an extent... We have done really well this summer and that shouldn't be forgotten! But we do need more firepower to really compete for the league.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
What?
I wanted Pedro.
I woke up to read about Chelsea interest, thought it's bollocks, went for a lunch, got back and was amazed that all hell broke loose. :)
You said you dont tend to overreact yet that ruined your day. I hope you have something to look forward to later today. It's just some player who we're not buying. No one died or anything

Roman Bellic

Prick
Beat Brugge decide Pedro isn't worth it - doesn't seem like a reasonable plan.

We are definitely in for a player or 2.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Seriously I 100% hope we get Griezmann instead. Massssssive Utd fan, would be unreal here with memphis. Would take N0.9. Feck Pedro, and lets get Griezmann!.
Doesn't he have the highest release clause in Atlético history?

Mali_Zeus

You said you dont tend to overreact yet that ruined your day. I hope you have something to look forward to later today. It's just some player who we're not buying. No one died or anything
Ah, yeah, when you put it that way. I have a lot of things to look forward. :) I dont know why I'm so fussed about this or football in general.

Ballache

Supports
Martial

You guys have easily done the best business thus far out of anyone in the PL. You guys have gone all Real Madrid now and lust after big names.
Not all of us, most United fans I know are happy with the squad. The only annoying thing for me is the whole DDG saga.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

Don't really care, he is not in the Sanchez/Hazard category, that's the kind of player we really need, can't get it this summer though, but i'm quite happy with the squad right now.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
There was something I read that our first signing since launching the new kit has to be an Adidas player? Pedro wears Nike so it could be a reason for the breakdown.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

I believe so as well unfortunately though we don't actually seem to be any closer to where we want to be

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
As much as i think LVG is a weird man i dont blame him for this Pedro move. If he thinks that Mata, Januzaj, Young, Herrera, MopHead are enough to play behind the striker - then it's all good.

The transfer has been a weird saga. it seemed that we were convinced that we want the player and we are bargaining over a million or two.
Weird but understandable.

Iron Stove

Doesn't he have the highest release clause in Atlético history?
€80m / £56m

A lot of money, but we've paid more than that before. He's brilliant, but the fact that he just signed a contract stops me from going full muppet.

Lewis.no.9

€80m / £56m

A lot of money, but we've paid more than that before. He's brilliant, but the fact that he just signed a contract stops me from going full muppet.
You wouldnt need that though. I think if we bid £40-£45million he would instantly want out and cause a stink via his agent.

antohan

like you would need to meet that to buy him if we were interested.
Such a key player? With no time to secure replacements? With the form he has been in going into the season? Atlético would be mad to sell, you could only get him if it was out of their hands, i.e. triggering the release clause.

Lewis.no.9

Pedros buyout clause was 150million euros wasnt it?. Yet he is joining Chelsea for £22 million.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
I don't know what to believe because of all the online shite. If they turned round and said we were never in for him I might believe it. The Internet is fecking shite.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Very disappointed because it seems that we have made a decision not to sign him based on three games, in two of which we actually cried out for a player like him. He will probably score 10+ goals for Chelsea this season and be very good for them. He is better than Willian and offers them something new up front.

antohan

Pedros buyout clause was 150million euros wasnt it?. Yet he is joining Chelsea for £22 million.
Buyout clauses usually mean nothing much in Spain... except when a player has just signed a contract renewal and the highest one in a club's history is slapped on it. It's a very clear sign of not being interested in doing business.

On the other hand, the fact it isn't extravagant like the Pedro clause indicates Griezmann doesn't want to be completely out of bounds for other clubs. But that doesn't mean he will get all stroppy to try save us a few bob, if we want him we have to pay the release clause. We won't, forget about it.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
At least we don't have to pretend Pedro is a good player any more.

He isn't good enough to wear United red. Chelsea are only about to buy him as a back up player like Cuadado is.

antohan

At least we don't have to pretend Pedro is a good player any more.

He isn't good enough to wear United red. Chelsea are only about to buy him as a back up player like Cuadado is.
Nah, we could have done with him, clearly.

FujiVice

Two wins in the league, one from an own goal and one from a deflection.

F Pedro. Who needs creativity?
They all hit the net, no matter how they go in. If we arent scoring goals, the players need to step up. Pedro would have been a fine signing, but he wasnt going to make a world of difference. He isnt Muller or Ronaldo. We have a lot of creative players. Mata, Memphis, Rooney. There is no excuse for us not to be scoring goals with that lineup.

SammyUnited_83

Two wins in the league, one from an own goal and one from a deflection.

F Pedro. Who needs creativity?
Could be worse, we could have drawn, lost a game, subbed our longest serving defender at half time, conceded 4 goals and be under intense scrutiny for heavily criticising our medical team for no reason.

We missed out on a player, who let's face it no one was talking about 3-4 weeks ago, hardly on the Shearer, Ronaldinho, even Ramos levels.

We have Memphis. F Pedro.

Sereques

I don't believe we drop interest. Somebody made a massive mistake and they are trying to save face.

Status
Not open for further replies.