Pedro Neto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you seen Olise? He's pretty quick, at the very least a lot quicker than Antony. Olise can easily burst through multiple defenders, whereas Antony can't do that at all. Plus he cuts inside a lot like a typical winger.
Olise is not as quick as Antony. I don’t know where people are getting this “Antony is slow” thing from. He’s rapid.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Wolves will probably demand close to what Ajax are asking for Antony this close to the new season. This is why the club needs to get it through their thick skulls that preparing for every window and nailing down your targets as soon as possible is essential.
And our fans need to get through their thick skull that for this window a new manager, with different direction has different targets than those that were on the list for the last guy.

Aeryis

Olise is not as quick as Antony. I don’t know where people are getting this “Antony is slow” thing from. He’s rapid.
You're right, he's not as quick as Antony, he's quicker. Watch them both play. Olise can skip past defenders easily, Antony can't. People keep saying Antony is slow because he is. He's not our player (yet), so no need to be in denial.

TheReligion

Abusive
You're right, he's not as quick as Antony, he's quicker. Watch them both play. Olise can skip past defenders easily, Antony can't. People keep saying Antony is slow because he is. He's not our player (yet), so no need to be in denial.
I’m sure the Ajax lads posted speeds and Antony was faster than people thought. He’s not slow at all.

Dazzmondo

Hadn't heard of any links with him. He's talented for sure and Wolves are desperate to sell players as they have no money atm so he would be relatively cheap I imagine. Last season his end product wasn't great though. I know he's still young and you'd expect that to improve but I wouldn't really want us relying on him too much tbh. Certainly significantly ahead of the level of any of our young attackers atm though (our backups I mean, not our starters). Has been playing as a false 9 in pre-season for Wolves also so could even potentially fill in for Martial in the case of an injury. I think I'd personally prefer Olise still who has a buy-out clause of £35m but overall not the worst option.

Robaldo

Neto was amazing for Wolves before his injury, so the only (albeit major) question is how he recovers from it.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
Neto would be an amazing signing for United.

He was absolutely fantastic for Wolves pre injury and I honestly thought he would be a nailed on Liverpool player due to his playing style, he's relentless.

Would be a big upgrade on Rashford at LWF.

mu4c_20le

Damnit, people need to stop randomly bumping transfer threads without an update. Got me all excited.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Finally a little (barely but I'll take it) link. Can we will this into happening? Would love it if we signed him. Hard working, huge pace, good dribbler, creates chances, huge potential, left footed and can play on either wing.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
not sure we know he's fully back from his injury?

Telsim

Finally a little (barely but I'll take it) link. Can we will this into happening? Would love it if we signed him. Hard working, huge pace, good dribbler, creates chances, huge potential, left footed and can play on either wing.
Tier 5 :nervous:

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
This one would excite me. We'd ruin him in a couple of games, mind, as is the United way.

Castia

Class player. If he recovers 100% from his injury he’s gonna be at an elite club next summer.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
"Among clubs offered Neto"

The way that's worded it suggests Wolves are open to letting him leave. Or am I reading it wrong?

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
"Among clubs offered Neto"

The way that's worded it suggests Wolves are open to letting him leave. Or am I reading it wrong?
Always get the feeling at Wolves that they get these Mendes clients on the understanding that a reasonable fee is enough to pry them away, so I imagine they are ways offered about.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Yeah, that's my interpretation as well. Like Wolves have been offering him out!
Bit of a red flag isn't it? He's a decent enough player but if Wolves aren't that desperate to hold on to him then is he really going to be good enough for us?

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Would 100% take this lad, also doesn't look like the injury has affected him all that much from what I've seen in the last two games.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Would be a step in the right direction. He's a good player and plays the game at high speed/high intensity.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Bit of a red flag isn't it? He's a decent enough player but if Wolves aren't that desperate to hold on to him then is he really going to be good enough for us?
Mendes prefers them to move on, you just have to look at Nunes (he rejected Wolves earlier in the window).

bosnian_red

Mendes runs Wolves. He got them Cunha, so he's probably telling them they have to let Neto leave reasonably.

People need to stop thinking a player being offered out is a red flag. That's not a thing.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Mendes runs Wolves. He got them Cunha, so he's probably telling them they have to let Neto leave reasonably.

People need to stop thinking a player being offered out is a red flag. That's not a thing.
What's Pedro Neto's numbers been in the PL?

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Yeah, unless it was just worded incorrectly! On the flip side, if they're not desperate to hold onto him, they won't try and fleece us for him! But I wouldn't think they'd willingly try and sell anyway. They just signed Guedes from Valencia, iirc. So maybe Podence and Guedes is their intended starters? I wouldn't mind a punt on Neto at a decent fee - especially if we're able to land FDJ, plus it seems EtH is keen on another CM, RB and forward (should Ronaldo leave). We're not going to have a ton to spend on an attacker considering our owners.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
11 goals in 94 apps for Wolves so far. Almost a goal every 9 games.

Sign him up. Hahahaha

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
Those numbers will only get worse at the graveyard of dreams.
His first season wasnt great even performance wise but the full season he had the season before last (he was injured most of last season?) he was excellent. Both feet, very quick and direct. I am the most pessimistic person ever but have no doubt he would be a dream in comparison to watching Rashford stink out the left wing

bosnian_red

What's Pedro Neto's numbers been in the PL?
He's a young winger with potential. Excellent ball carrying and dribbling. Pacey. Good defensive work rate. He's not much of a goal scorer but he's good for his chance creation. Left footed and can play either wing.

United isn't in a position to sign already elite level players. Going for Neto now is like Liverpool going after Jota right on the verge of him blowing up. Its a smart signing and there's a lot of analytics that point to Neto being one that will make a big step up.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
He's a young winger with potential. Excellent ball carrying and dribbling. Pacey. Good defensive work rate. He's not much of a goal scorer but he's good for his chance creation. Left footed and can play either wing.

United isn't in a position to sign already elite level players. Going for Neto now is like Liverpool going after Jota right on the verge of him blowing up. Its a smart signing and there's a lot of analytics that point to Neto being one that will make a big step up.
Big difference there though....

Jota came into a team that was settled and world class and where his contribution wasn't really going to be telling.

We are a shambles and kind of need players to hit the ground running.

On the face of it he's not a bad player but the price won't be cheap and the demands on him will be high even if that's unfair on the lad.

Status
Not open for further replies.