Pep: “I’d like more fans to come Saturday”

padr81

Supports
Man City
edit - replied to wrong post

I live just outside of Newcastle and you see loads of City tops up here, go to footie training with my youngest and I'd say there are more City tops than Liverpool, Chelsea, probably on a par with United.
I'm in the south west of Ireland and you see them for sure, not nearly as many as united or Liverpool, on a par with Chelsea I'd say. Im involved with u16 and u14. Not that's it's a huge sample size but for sure.

The big 2 still dominate by miles though easily making up 60-70 percent, the rest split between City, Chelsea and the Spanish big 2. Never see Spurs and rarely Arsenal. I would say globally it's those fanbases we are eating into as opposed to United or Liverpool

With adults our shirts are non-existent

Thunderhead

Supports
City
I'm in the south west of Ireland and you see them for sure, not nearly as many as united or Liverpool, on a par with Chelsea I'd say. Im involved with u16 and u14. Not that's it's a huge sample size but for sure.

The big 2 still dominate by miles though easily making up 60-70 percent, the rest split between City, Chelsea and the Spanish big 2. Never see Spurs and rarely Arsenal. I would say globally it's those fanbases we are eating into as opposed to United or Liverpool

With adults our shirts are non-existent
yeah, don't see many adults up here with City tops but 5 years ago it was rare to see a kid in one, now there a bloody loads, you can't grow a fanbase that was historically local in 5-10 years, in 20 years if City are still challenging for honours every year this won't be talked about, you'll get the day trippers coming for the experience like I and many others have done in Spain going to Camp Nou and the likes, if City are at home the day trippers will get tickets to us, if United are at home they'll get tickets for them, currently if United aren't at home the day trippers probably don't bother unless they want to see a player in particular, I'd probably not have done Camp Nou if it wasn't for wanting to see Messi.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Footy humor had Boris Johnson's (has blue thick) tweet: Dear @ManCity, I'm not sure you got my memo, but you are now allowed fans back in the stadium to a FULL capacity.

Regards,

Boris Johnson, Prime Minister

Posted Sep 15, 8:14 PM.

I wanted to posted here, but is days "tweet not available"

RoyH1

Why don't they fly some fans in from Abu Dhabi for the CL matches in Etihad planes? Win, win for them.

FatTails

Probably been mentioned already but amazing how they don’t make as much money from Etihad tickets, they don’t have as many fans worldwide as the likes of Liverpool and United (not even close), yet somehow they can outspend everyone and not break any FFP rules :wenger:

God works in mysterious ways.

sangria

Probably been mentioned already but amazing how they don’t make as much money from Etihad tickets, they don’t have as many fans worldwide as the likes of Liverpool and United (not even close), yet somehow they can outspend everyone and not break any FFP rules :wenger:

God works in mysterious ways.
Their players are extremely humble and are willing to take relatively low salaries for the privilege of playing for City. In other news, their playing and managerial staff have extremely well paid second jobs working for UAE-related clubs and enterprises.

In other words, whatever wages they report for FFP purposes, double it and you've got the real numbers.

RedDevil@84

I don't know why it was made such a big deal. There were very less fans for the CL game, he asked more fans to be on Saturday. The fans group did not even have to respond or make a hue and cry about it.\

Anyways, Pep bringing out his "psychological move card" by saying "I will step aside if you don't like me"

Deery

Dreary
I don't know why it was made such a big deal. There were very less fans for the CL game, he asked more fans to be on Saturday. The fans group did not even have to respond or make a hue and cry about it.\

Anyways, Pep bringing out his "psychological move card" by saying "I will step aside if you don't like me"
Thought that was a pretty cnuty move by Pep, give off I’m bigger than the club vibes.

The United Irishman

"Martial is championship material at best"

Deery

Dreary
From today's quote:

"I don't want to be like United, Liverpool, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, like Madrid or like all the big clubs. We are who we are. I like it."

Small club. He want out, doesn't he?
It’s like the first steps in wanting away, didn’t he mention something about leaving or taking a break a few weeks ago?

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Go on City fan, tell him you've got a problem with him. Call his bluff.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Pep is spot on. Now its probably hypocritical of me to side with him over the fans as I haven't been to a City game in over 10 years (as I used to bring my mum but she's in her 70's now and the trip from Ireland is not easy) but he's right. I don't even think he was on about the number of supporters as much as the complete funeral home the stadium felt like. We were playing a CL game, which had 9 goals, 2 goals ruled out and a red card. Hugely entertaining and the atmosphere was atrocious. I know there'll be City fans who read this and are like "I was there it was great" but it was fecking dead, end of story. Its sad. This was Pep's "prawn sandwich brigade" moment imho and one the support brought on themselves.

The numbers we can do nothing about in truth, We haven't a big enough supporter base to fill the stadium consistently, we have a very similar number to what we had 10-15 years ago. It is what it is, it takes time to build a global fanbase and to get the regular day trippers etc.. and we'll need another 10-20 years. We consistently are in or around the top attended team in the PL but we absolutely have one of the quietest atmospheres, the irony to this is we don't have a lot of the glory hunters that United, Liverpool, Arsenal etc.. do, so they can't be blamed for the lack of atmosphere, its down to the hardcore regular support. A lot of our supporters are so used of losing they've never adapted to winning and they are "only happy when its raining", they just live to criticise, moan cry and talk shit about other clubs instead of supporting our own especially the groups around my age (40ish)

What hilarious is some of our support wanting Pep out for this, saying they don't care if he walks. They've been given everything over the last 10 years, one of the best teams ever to play in English football, one of the best managers ever to grace English football, some of the best players ever to grace English football and they still can't lose the little man complex. They need to suck it up, we're not United, Real, Barca, Liverpool etc.. and we are still many years from being those clubs, they need to suck it up, get the chip of their shoulder and accept that. We are decades from being one of those clubs and as Chelsea have found out winning those global/day tripper fans is harder as time goes one as they already have a team from parents etc...

These whinging crying cnuts are not going to back down and they could well drive Pep outta the club when his contract is up, such is the pettiness of some. I'm glad he didn't apologize for speaking the truth. The place was a morgue on Wednesday night and I'm sure it didn't go unnoticed with the players.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
We have seen Pep singing Oasis song even after their CL final defeat. I feel like the song was his escape. I can picture him feeling quite depressed managing such an irrelevant club that he spends his time getting wankered, drinking his problems away while listening to Oasis.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
What’s kind of depressing is that United-fans are mocking the «empty» stadium, because lord knows we can’t take challenge them on anything else these days. I’d love 55.000 at Old Trafford and 10 trophies the last few seasons - we have lots of tourists from Korea and Scandinavia and zero trophies - as well as a very poor atmosphere every game. Over time of course, City will fill the stadium as they get new fans every single day.

And that guy commenting on behalf of the City-fans, jeesh what an absolute snowflake. Probably saying stuff like that to get an invite to the stadium, meet the players and take a few photos.
I disagree with this post and I definitely don't think the poster is a moany sadboy. I definitely do NOT think that. He's great.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Shit no way!! :eek: :eek:

I even brought my price down between £30-£32 and could still find loads of seats in any stand I want. And the game kicks off in 22.5 hours. :lol:
Just a quick guesstimation by clicking on the blocks which have between 5 and 50 tickets available each, depending on location, shows that there are 5,000 tickets still on general sale at the low end, and potentially 10,000 on the higher end. It’s not even a big stadium.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Just a quick guesstimation by clicking on the blocks which have between 5 and 50 tickets available each, depending on location, shows that there are 5,000 tickets still on general sale at the low end, and potentially 10,000 on the higher end. It’s not even a big stadium.
I think most clubs don't allow you to buy more than 1 ticket per purchase for PL games, unless you're on some kind of family membership. It seems like you can buy about 6 tickets per purchase here.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
They dont really need money. So they should be giving out free shirts for those who come and watch. Cant help but to think they have some of those seats "reserved" to make it seem like they have more fans than they actually do.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Shit no way!! :eek: :eek:

I even brought my price down between £30-£32 and could still find loads of seats in any stand I want. And the game kicks off in 22.5 hours. :lol:
We like to keep our space at the etihad in case you guys come and push it over.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Chequebook manager..
He said he'd like to manage elsewhere particularly south America in the future, nothing about wanting out. You guys are grasping at straws. He'll see out his contract and leave.

You do realize there is very little difference in cost of his and oles squad, one has the trophies to show for it though. Better to be at least a successful chequebook manager than a failure

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
I think pep will walk away after this season whatever outcome will come at the end of the season. Most probably they will get Conte. I will be happy if pep stays though. Conte with that squad will be game over in my opinion.

City will give raioa whatever he wants then family payment then 1 mn a week wage .Give Haaland as a present for Conte to sign for them.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
I think pep will walk away after this season whatever outcome will come at the end of the season. Most probably they will get Conte. I will be happy if pep stays though. Conte with that squad will be game over in my opinion.
Will Pep go to PSG? It's that or retire, I don't see him every coaching anything but a team of the very best. He won't want to be exposed by doing average with an average squad.

Deery

Dreary
He said he'd like to manage elsewhere particularly south America in the future, nothing about wanting out. You guys are grasping at straws. He'll see out his contract and leave.

You do realize there is very little difference in cost of his and oles squad, one has the trophies to show for it though. Better to be at least a successful chequebook manager than a failure
I think you can only really judge them on equality this season because before Pep was just adding to a top side whereas we were building a squad from a totally different league position. It’s closer this season and fair enough if City finish above us but I think it’s unfair to judge our spending as the same..

Sviken

From today's quote:

"I don't want to be like United, Liverpool, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, like Madrid or like all the big clubs. We are who we are. I like it."

Small club. He want out, doesn't he?
Pep's been miserable since day 1 of taking the job at City. Throwing shots at them, hinting about leaving, outright disrespecting City by calling them a "small club" (he is right). You can see he absolutely hates being in charge of that souless club, but how can you turn down as a manager unlimited money? it's every manager's dream. Can't blame him. Nevertheless, he looks like he is about to call it quits in a year or two.

Deery

Dreary
Will Pep go to PSG? It's that or retire, I don't see him every coaching anything but a team of the very best. He won't want to be exposed by doing average with an average squad.
Back to Barcelona I would imagine to be their saviour.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.

One has spent that taking over a team already winning titles, one has spent that trying to undo 5 years of utter shambolic mismanagement, not comparable

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
I don't think he will go there. He will coach a national team in my opinion will be Brazil or Argentina.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Pep's been miserable since day 1 of taking the job at City. Throwing shots at them, hinting about leaving, outright disrespecting City by calling them a "small club" (he is right). You can see he absolutely hates being in charge of that souless club, but how can you turn down as a manager unlimited money? it's every manager's dream. Can't blame him. Nevertheless, he looks like he is about to call it quits in a year or two.
+ he earns at least 40m every season.

FatTails

City will give raioa whatever he wants then family payment then 1 mn a week wage .Give Haaland as a present for Conte to sign for them.
The ultimate prize they want is the CL. Not sure they’d go for Conte, who would dominate the league, but hasn’t historically done well in the CL.

Zidane?