Pep: “I’d like more fans to come Saturday”

Skeezix

Props to the local fans who support and attend matches of local clubs (be it big or small clubs). They make or break the atmosphere.

But I see no reason by City fans, or fans of other PL clubs (or say even the local supporters of United) to mock the non local fans, be it tourists or foreigners who took the time to travel, spend their hard earned money and limited time to go watch a game of Manchester United or Liverpool.

I especially admire those season ticket holders from Ireland, Scotland, London, etc who travel all the way to Manchester to attend home matches.

Some of us from outside the UK watching through the TV, or paid streams can only dream of maybe watching it live one day in the stadium.

The excuses 'tourist, foreigner helping fill stadiums' by that City Supporter representative is false and beyond pathetic.

Fluctuation0161

He said he'd like to manage elsewhere particularly south America in the future, nothing about wanting out. You guys are grasping at straws. He'll see out his contract and leave.

You do realize there is very little difference in cost of his and oles squad, one has the trophies to show for it though. Better to be at least a successful chequebook manager than a failure
He inherited a much better squad to start with and then got the quality players transferred in that he needed much sooner.

Hardly a a reasonable comparison. If Pep had taken over the United squad that Ole inherited, and then had to wait this long to get a good squad, he would've left years ago. :lol:

Either way, he'll be off soon.

Fluctuation0161

Will Pep go to PSG? It's that or retire, I don't see him every coaching anything but a team of the very best. He won't want to be exposed by doing average with an average squad.
He will likely take a break for a few seasons till the right offer comes in.

mu4c_20le

I think you can only really judge them on equality this season because before Pep was just adding to a top side whereas we were building a squad from a totally different league position. It’s closer this season and fair enough if City finish above us but I think it’s unfair to judge our spending as the same..
This. Even last season when we took them to within like 6 or 8 points, they had two world class XI's while we barely had a fully fit one.

Zen86

I’ve not heard any BOGOF tickets and fireworks advertised on the radio recently. More concerned with trotting Grealish down the red carpet instead.

432JuanMata

I always found it weird when people say he spend a billion so him dominating domestically isn’t a achievement or is too be expected yet the same people hope he leaves as City won’t be as good :houllier:.

I hope he does leave as even if City spend the same they won’t be as good

RUCK4444

I always found it weird when people say he spend a billion so him dominating domestically isn’t a achievement or is too be expected yet the same people hope he leaves as City won’t be as good :houllier:.

I hope he does leave as even if City spend the same they won’t be as good
I think everybody thinks he’s a good manager, just that he needs a shite tonne of cash to implement his style.

They would definitely be a lot worse off without him

Ludens the Red

Props to the local fans who support and attend matches of local clubs (be it big or small clubs). They make or break the atmosphere.

But I see no reason by City fans, or fans of other PL clubs (or say even the local supporters of United) to mock the non local fans, be it tourists or foreigners who took the time to travel, spend their hard earned money and limited time to go watch a game of Manchester United or Liverpool.

I especially admire those season ticket holders from Ireland, Scotland, London, etc who travel all the way to Manchester to attend home matches.

Some of us from outside the UK watching through the TV, or paid streams can only dream of maybe watching it live one day in the stadium.

The excuses 'tourist, foreigner helping fill stadiums' by that City Supporter representative is false and beyond pathetic.
Great point that. It’s used as a stick to beat United with but it’s one thing coming from Ireland/London etc watching games from home but it’s another and massive hard work if you’re a season ticket holder doing it. Every game is basically an away game for you.
And the second one is laughable too. The tourist thing is massively overstated and it’ll be proven this season as a lot of non EU supporters won’t be attending old Trafford because of covid but the ground will still be full every other weekend.

432JuanMata

Great point that. It’s used as a stick to beat United with but it’s one thing coming from Ireland/London etc watching games from home but it’s another and massive hard work if you’re a season ticket holder doing it. Every game is basically an away game for you.
And the second one is laughable too. The tourist thing is massively overstated and it’ll be proven this season as a lot of non EU supporters won’t be attending old Trafford because of covid but the ground will still be full every other weekend.
I’m from Dublin and usually get over too about 3/4 PL home games a season. I have to pay for my ticket, return flights, hotel and spending money. It cost a bomb and that is why it always upsets me when people mention tourists as a bad thing

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
This whole thing just cracks me up :lol:

HOW DARE HE ASK US TO SUPPORT THE TEAM!! APOLOGISE NOW!

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020

Welshist!!

Spot on though mate.

Offsideagain

The idea of any company, and all PL football club are companies, is to make money. They can do that by attracting fans to the stadium and spend money of food, drinks and shirts etc. The more fans, the better the chance of making more money, it not hard. Trevor Sinclair said on TalkSport ‘The hard core 45,000 season ticket holders are local Mancunians’ . This is not true as demonstrated by two callers to the show the other day from Harrogate and Blackpool. City cannot rely on ‘local’ fans as Sinclair says they are poor and cannot afford to watch every home match, so they should encourage ‘tourists’ to go but they won’t as they will ridiculed by the ‘local’ fans. I hope it festers and Guardiola does one.

Offsideagain

Just had a peek at total attendances in the US Major Soccer League. Guess who comes bottom with 157,000 total attendance, yep New York City FC. Atlanta are top with close to 700,000 or there about. Quite a difference. Must be some excuse for it. Sinclair will know ha ha.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
They were a squeak and a half away from doing the quadruple a few months ago and now the manager is asking for fans to come to matches. Odd club.

432JuanMata

They were a squeak and a half away from doing the quadruple a few months ago and now the manager is asking for fans to come to matches. Odd club.
Your first sentence is the reason for your second sentence.
They nearly did the quadruple yet they can’t fill there stadium for a CL match

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Imagine having one of the best club sides in Europe but being unable to fill your stadium.

They're a championship club that won the lottery, nothing more nothing less.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
That role at PSG with Messi (and the full head of haired fraud Poch) is never looking as appealing as it is now. Do it Pep! Do it for the Baldies! :cool:

The One and Only

I think pep will walk away after this season whatever outcome will come at the end of the season. Most probably they will get Conte. I will be happy if pep stays though. Conte with that squad will be game over in my opinion.

City will give raioa whatever he wants then family payment then 1 mn a week wage .Give Haaland as a present for Conte to sign for them.
Pep is a better manager than Conte and a league winning machine. Also his teams are much better to watch. Pep hasn't been successful in the CL, but Conte has a much worse record. I don't think any City fan would swap Pep for Conte.

Personally i'd be delighted to see the back of Pep

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Pep is a better manager than Conte and a league winning machine. Also his teams are much better to watch. Pep hasn't been successful in the CL, but Conte has a much worse record. I don't think any City fan would swap Pep for Conte.

Personally i'd be delighted to see the back of Pep
Yet he made only one final with that city before that not even one semi in Europe with city which is comparable to Conte s record in Europe.

Pep is purist and always not want to compromise his style of play which is good of him but always had that weakness of no plan b.

Conte is tactically adjustable and not purist like pep and also winning leagues like pep if not better.I think they had a choice they still take pep but Conte next better bet after him can create efficient team at least in winning games.

BerryBerryShrew

Anyone want to bet that when there is media scrutiny of the (inevitable) swathes of empty seats at the Emptihad tomorrow, they will claim on Bluemoon that they stayed away deliberately to protest against Pep?

The One and Only

Yet he made only one final with that city before that not even one semi in Europe with city which is comparable to Conte s record in Europe.

Pep is purist and always not want to compromise his style of play which is good of him but always had that weakness of no plan b.

Conte is tactically adjustable and not purist like pep and also winning leagues like pep if not better.I think they had a choice they still take pep but Conte next better bet after him can create efficient team at least in winning games.
Conte has crashed out of the group stage in the last 2 editions of the CL. In fact Inter under him finished bottom of the group and didn't even make the Europa League last year. He has won just three of his last 15 games in the CL. His overall record is 12 victories, 11 draws and 11 defeats. His best finish is a QF in 2013 losing 4-0 on aggregate to Bayern. His CL record is atrocious. How is it comparable in anyway to Pep's record Conte is good at winning league titles. But Pep is even better and plays much better football.

There seems to be a clear pattern to most of your posts. Anyone or anything remotely connected to Chelsea is better than everyone else

432JuanMata

I get that City don’t have the fan base the size of the other top clubs in the league but the fan on sky saying most have kids on Wednesday as a excuse was insane.
It’s the same for every club yet Old Trafford, Anfield and Stamford Bridge is full for CL midweek

Crustanoid

Their 6 fans have nowhere to hide over this. Pep has literally now said they're a small club with a chronically shit fanbase, who resemble diahorea after a night out on the curry....he's said he should step aside and it was a mistake to get involved with such an embarrassing heap of shit that was Man City and also said their history was funnier than a City fan saying they supported City before 2008. All in all the most hilarious press conference ever.

432JuanMata

I was reading City fans on blue moon and Twitter gone mad at Pep with some saying they hope he leaves.
He might of spend a billion but the domination he has done domestically with them is insane and if he leaves doesn’t matter who comes in they will be worse

432JuanMata

Since Pep took over he has spend a Billion in that time we spend nearly 900m. I always said you take their and our owners away we can still spend that money and they can’t. I’ve always said if Pep took over here the time he took over City we would have league titles and be in there position.
The reason I’m saying that is the City fans turning on him over this would be in for a shock if he left. Yes they would still have a great side and yes they still be up there but he has got them winning nearly every league game over the last 3/4 seasons that some of their fans believe any top coach could do it but their wrong.

I really hope he leaves them as I’ve always been a fan of his since watching all his tactics videos and hate seeing him there.

Fluctuation0161

Since Pep took over he has spend a Billion in that time we spend nearly 900m. I always said you take their and our owners away we can still spend that money and they can’t. I’ve always said if Pep took over here the time he took over City we would have league titles and be in there position.
I can't believe this is the second similar post I've seen saying this. It is ridiculous when you consider the quality of squad he inherited at City. We've only just got a squad capable of competing this season!

432JuanMata

I can't believe this is the second similar post I've seen saying this. It is ridiculous when you consider the quality of squad he inherited at City. We've only just got a squad capable of competing this season!
He might of started with a better squad but there is no way he wouldn’t of won the league here spending 900m. There was thread ages ago about it and nearly everyone agreed we would win the league under him

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I think it is dawning on him that the "project" is a sportswashing project for a the UAE at a tinpot club.
Haha. I'd say he's known that from the start. It's probably dawning on him that he's not going to be able to rise above it through sheer personal brilliance, and add the lack of CLs and seeing that electric OT atmosphere the other weekend is grating on him.

I don't think it's a coincidence that he starts complaining about the attendance after that Ronaldo carnival at OT.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Hart Zabaleta Sagna Kolarov Clichy Mangala Fernando Navas Yaya Demichelis Sterling KdB Aguero Silva Kompany Bony Fenandinho

That was rated as the 17th oldest squad in the league before Pep joined. Most of the guys left City for immediate retirement, unfancied leagues or full retirement