Pep Guardiola: "Raiola offered me Mkhitaryan and Pogba two months ago.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Oh please. Pep isn't a moron.

He brought up bought names knowing it would create a shit storm and deflect attention.

Why didn't he bring up Lukaku's name? because Lukaku isn't being dropped. Nice way of trying to unsettle Pogba before the game.
Because he wasn't offered Lukaku... its not rocket science buddy.

el3mel

or

3- It happened with the consent of the player (maybe to try and get better terms with us given we signed Sanchez around that time) and Pogba is doing the natural thing of denying it because it can't be proven.
Doesn't make sense. If Pogba wanted to play with a certain card why didn't he just used Madrid who were having a very poor season at this time and will be looking for a rebuild, instead tell Raiola to offer him to City who are having a machine in midfield and walking the league. No one in the club would believe this. It's very lame.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
There's long-standing bad blood between raiola and pep with zlatan having a piss poor time of it at Barcelona after claiming it was his dream club. That's like the first time I've seen zlatan act humble.

Zlatan is raiolas biggest client so naturally there must have been a lot going on back and forth.

Pep usually doesn't drag these out and give them credence but the midweek loss to Liverpool must surely have ruffled feathers and bruised egos making him a lot more vulnerable.

Edit: I don't think raiola would have offered any of his clients to Pep after the zlatan experience.

RedCurry

I can see Pogba now really trying to score a goal in the derby to do the "say what?" celebration.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Meh..

If we sold pogba to city it'll be for a record breaking deal.

We are not selling pogba, our best player and poster boy.

Cheap shot from pep, i doubt it's true. Raiola is a greedy fat cnut but he's not stupid. This could backfire as it's a breach of gentlement agreement between agent and manager, this is off the record stuff even if it's true.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
They've won the title, safe to say its Pep reacting to cnutish remarks from Raiola instead of massive mind games for a game that counts for less than the game they play after that.
Daft to suggest that Pep doesn't care about this game. He wants to win every game, especially against Mourinho, especially against United at home when they can win the title that day.

roonster09

FA Cup Predictions 2023/2024 winner
Scout
or

3- It happened with the consent of the player (maybe to try and get better terms with us given we signed Sanchez around that time) and Pogba is doing the natural thing of denying it because it can't be proven.
It goes both ways. Best way to go at agent is saying he has offered his players to the rivals and it can't be proven anyways. I don't think anyone is dumb to offer ManUtd player with so big contract to city.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I actually don't think this is Pep trying to get one over Jose or Man Utd.
I think he's trying to create a situation for Raiola and we are just collateral damage.

R o o K

Its all about money, Pogba is not top dog anymore, Alexis is. Raiola did not like that and wanted new terms. So the dirty tricks started since January, bad performances, pretend injuries, etc etc. Jose obviously not gonna take it, he know all the tricks in the book.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Guardiola looks like a complete loony in that press conference. This might actually damage City when it comes to dealing with agents, he's just put out the dirty laundry of Riola. Who's to say he won't do it to another agent that he doesn't like?

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Can people just stop the mind games comment? The derby tomorrow means feck all. Raiola has been insulting him for some time and he has made these comments in reply to them. It'll make United angry at Raiola for shit-stirring.

CA1

If Guardiola had a proper couple of tough months even weeks at a club, he'd have a meltdown bitching about everything. He was close last season when City lost a couple on the bounce before Christmas 2016.

He's a great coach but a really weak, sorry excuse of a man.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Or maybe Pep just made up this shit to have a go at Raiola.
Why would he make this up? Does he need to start a war in the press room with Jose because he's so far behind in the league? There is zero reason for Pep to want to lie and cause a potential media war with Jose and Raiola, it does him far more harm than good.. we all know what happened last time himself and Jose went at it in the press room. Why risk it?

Does it increase our chances of winning at the weekend? Does it feck, we're massive favourites regardless. To lie and make this up is putting himself under un-needed pressure and against the wrath of Jose (when they have been really civil to each other since arriving in Manchester) for nothing.

You don't play mindgames with Jose when your 16 points ahead of him, the last thing you want to do is fire him or his club up for no reason.

SwSw

Because he wasn't offered Lukaku... its not rocket science buddy.
Or Pep is a cnut who is trying to unsettle a key player of ours. Is not hard to think out of the box buddy.

Varun

Staff
Daft to suggest that Pep doesn't care about this game. He wants to win every game, especially against Mourinho, especially against United at home when they can win the title that day.
Where did I say he doesnt care about the game?

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
Can people just stop the mind games comment? The derby tomorrow means feck all. Raiola has been insulting him for some time and he has made these comments in reply to them. It'll make United angry at Raiola for shit-stirring.
I don't think it is 'mind games' with Mourinho, but diverting attention from the disaster midweek.

Varun

Staff
Exactly :lol:

They have the title in the bag, a far more important game after the one they play against us but hey, he did it for the mind games.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Raiola told BBC Sport he did not speak to Guardiola but did not deny telling City of the players' availability

Interesting line that one.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
He mentioned it in the conference for the derby :lol:

He could have worded things very differently, and many respectable news outlets would be willing to hear his side of the story since Riola has been insulting him for a while.

Depending on the timing of this conference, it could also be a response to Mourinho who implied that we beat City to Sanchez.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Pep is always talking about other clubs player. This was really cheap shot. I hope that jose will react on this

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Saying this a day before the game is pretty low.
Oh come come, there is no way Jose wouldn't use what he could. I don't have a problem with Pep saying this. I have a problem with Raiola however.

Oldyella

or

How would he know what Sanchez was going to get if this was an offer of Pogba/Mhiki and Mhiki was part of the Sanchez deal?

SwSw

Unsettle him to what end?
Don't you find the timing great? Is pretty clear we are going to rely on Pogba to drive us forward or pick passes from deep.

So, City leaking such news in an attempt to hopefully disrupt Mourinho's selection considering Mou had one whole week to prepare.

Pep has been moaning about how little rest they had. Could see this as another attempt to gain some sort of advantage.

el3mel

So basically Raiola confirms that he did offer the players.
That's what I understood. He's basically saying he offered the players to City not to Pep and he didn't talk to the latter.

deafepl

Oh please. Pep isn't a moron.

He brought up bought names knowing it would create a shit storm and deflect attention.

Why didn't he bring up Lukaku's name? because Lukaku isn't being dropped. Nice way of trying to unsettle Pogba before the game.
Lukaku is not dangerous as Pogba is. City sees Pogba as more dangerous players because of his creativity in counter-attacking, once City misplaced pass in the final third and we caught them off guard, Pogba is only one capable of starting counter-attacking with his pass. Obvious, he is trying to unsettle Pogba, that's really low. Not cool.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Or Pep is a cnut who is trying to unsettle a key player of ours. Is not hard to think out of the box buddy.
Given the private message you've just sent me, I'd say your opinion of a persons character doesn't matter to me.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Raiola confirms he hawked Pogba to City. Shocking behaviour.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Very immature from Poop Flopiola.