Pep Guardiola: "Raiola offered me Mkhitaryan and Pogba two months ago.

Martial

So basically Raiola confirms that he did offer the players.
Actually I think he means when he offers players, he offers them to City not Guardiola, but the last line says he doesn't want to say whether Pogba was one of them.

redpatron

Interesting low blow by Pep, I wonder if Mino and his goons are going to run into the Eithad and throw a chair at a City bus window.

Varun

Staff
Don't you find the timing great? Is pretty clear we are going to rely on Pogba to drive us forward or pick passes from deep.

So, City leaking such news in an attempt to hopefully disrupt Mourinho's selection considering Mou had one whole week to prepare.

Pep has been moaning about how little rest they had. Could see this as another attempt to gain some sort of advantage.
They have the title won ffs. The game they play after us is much more important for them.

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
Pep is always talking about other clubs player. This was really cheap shot. I hope that jose will react on this
It was a well deserved shot against Raiola, not against any players or clubs.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Actually I think he means when he offers players, he offers them to City not Guardiola, but the last line says he doesn't want to say whether Pogba was one of them.
It doesn't matter. He shouldn't be offering our players to City.

Smores

Pep does not handle losing well does he, think his prides a little hurt :lol:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Why would he make this up? Does he need to start a war in the press room with Jose because he's so far behind in the league? There is zero reason for Pep to want to lie and cause a potential media war with Jose and Raiola, it does him far more harm than good.. we all know what happened last time himself and Jose went at it in the press room. Why risk it?

Does it increase our chances of winning at the weekend? Does it feck, we're massive favourites regardless. To lie and make this up is putting himself under un-needed pressure and against the wrath of Jose (when they have been really civil to each other since arriving in Manchester) for nothing.

You don't play mindgames with Jose when your 16 points ahead of him, the last thing you want to do is fire him or his club up for no reason.
Easy. Just make up things to make Raiola look like an idiot. Pogba has denied it, so it would look like player is just saving his face. Raiola will deny it and people will say he is lying. There is nothing to lose for Pep and a great chance to put Raiola in his place.

Varun

Staff
Raiola told BBC Sport he did not speak to Guardiola but did not deny telling City of the players' availability

Interesting line that one.
Pretty much confirms that he did offer them players. Bloody hell, how stupid can you get? It's basically a move where you have nothing to win and everything to lose.

spiriticon

The less Raiola players we have for the future, the better.

The guys is a stain.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Easy. Just make up things to make Raiola look like an idiot. Pogba has denied it, so it would look like player is just saving his face. Raiola will deny it and people will say he is lying. There is nothing to lose for Pep and a great chance to put Raiola in his place.
And Raiola has admitted it.

Martial

Obviously, but Raiola doesn't actually confirm he offered Pogba or any of our players to City in those quotes, just that when he does offer players from any club, he does it to City not Guardiola.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I think people are reaching.
Of what use is mind games to Pep at this point?
I was widely reported in February that Raiola had offered Pogba around. Doesn't mean that Pogba is actively looking to leave.
This to me sound like Pep trying to get back at Raiola with something he knows Raiola would be extremely uncomfortable coming out.

Still a scummy thing to do. However i'd expect no less from football agents nowadays. Their big pay days are contract renewals or transfers.
No doubt about it, Lukaku needs to be the last of his players that we sign.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
I think Guardiola really wanted to win the CL with City. It would have really cemented the idea of it being a 'project'. But since they are hanging off a cliff in the CL, he has doubts about the quality of this team. He knows what it takes to do well in this competition, and this City team have not done well so far, which might be eating him up.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
He mentioned it in the conference for the derby :lol:

He could have worded things very differently, and many respectable news outlets would be willing to hear his side of the story since Riola has been insulting him for a while.

Depending on the timing of this conference, it could also be a response to Mourinho who implied that we beat City to Sanchez.
I thought Jose made a point of saying he wasn't sure whether or not City were after him when asked by Stone whether United's pulling power was equal to City.

Smores

Jeez some in here don't like Saint Pep criticised do they

RedDevil5

I believe Pep. As for Raiola, what's his play to offer Pogba to a rival without his permission to do so? He would likely be fired for that. Think about it. What the heck would be his play? There is none. He works FOR Pogba, not the other way around.

With Mkhi gone and smoke about Pogba's relationship with Mourinho, this doesn't look good. I am not confident right now that Pogba will be here next year.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
Nobody is arguing that Raiola is a massive cnut. I'm not sure why he would call Guardiola a 'dog' and a 'coward'. It's beneath grown men to do that kind of silly name calling. He is also very wrong in shopping around his players, but he has done that in the past as well. We knew he was a cnut when we signed players from him. What happens between Guardiola and Raiola is hardly our concern. But I think it's a bit sinister that Guardiola is making a big song and dance about all this. Who leaked the embargo stuff anyway?

And another thing, Pogba and instagram post. You have hardly lit up the league to do this sort of bullshit. It's unnecessary and if you are underwhelming tomorrow, gives another soft target to critics. Complete moron.

manunited1919

Explain brave mind games to me?

"Mind games" are talking shit. End of.

There is no subtle mastery to it, despite what some people think.
Cowardly mind games = spreading what is most likely an outright lie involving one of our key players the day before the derby.

Bwuk

Don’t believe for a minute Pogba was offered to City.

Martial

On another note, it's not like Ronaldo's agent hasn't "offered" him to us almost every Summer.

But it's purely for negotiating position, rather than any actual move materialising.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Jeez some in here don't like Saint Pep criticised do they
If you're referring to me, then I don't care much for Pep. I just think if it was the other way around, Jose would sit on this until it would become useful. IMO it makes sense. I'm not really moralising any of it, it's part and parcel...

Adisa

Guardiola has already done what he set out to do.
This was all about getting back at Raiola.
It's now emerged that he offered someone to City.
This puts him in an uncomfortable situation with us.

Varun

Staff
On another note, it's not like Ronaldo's agent hasn't "offered" him to us almost every summer.

But it's purely for negotiating position, rather than any actual move materialising.
To us, not Barca.

Who gives a...

As soon as there is a bit of pressure or he is questioned he goes like this. Just sounds really pathetic. You can see why characters like Zlatan had no respect for him.

clarkydaz

It was a well deserved shot against Raiola, not against any players or clubs.
Agree with this completely. Ok, its Pep and our players before the derby, but that slimeball parasite has been revealed in public. And the Pogba tweet also looks stupid as Raiola has admitted it. Put a lot of heat and embarrassment on him and his client

Martial

To us, not Barca.
I wouldn't rule it out that it hasn't happened in the past.

This has only been unprecedentedly revealed by a manager because Pep has took personal offence to Raiola's comments.

Adisa

On another note, it's not like Ronaldo's agent hasn't "offered" him to us almost every Summer.

Terrible comparison.
More like offering Ronaldo to Barca.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Pep and Mino are peas in a pod aren’t they?

BigRedScouser

Supports
Liverpool
Mourinho and Pep, City and United are massive rivals. He owes Mourinho and United nothing. If there is a 'super agent' offering United players to City, it deserves to get exposed. We can all see the main person in the wrong is Raiola here. Every fan would be disgusted by Raiola's actions, and it's very embarrassing to United and Mourinho. In terms of trying to really hurt Raiola, it's an effective move.

Pep is probably still wrong to expose it, but man I love the drama. I'd also love it if clubs and players stopped dealing with bloodsuckers like Raiola.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
I thought Jose made a point of saying he wasn't sure whether or not City were after him when asked by Stone whether United's pulling power was equal to City.
He said something along the lines of 'I don't know, you should ask City whether they went after Sanchez'. Which I think is a reference to them leaking all the details of his contract to the press, which they wouldn't have had if they weren't competing for Sanchez.