Peterson, Harris, etc....

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Pinocchio vs Elmo. What is with him and puppets?

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
What's his beef with elmo? I need some context to fully enjoy this.

Charlie Foley

Pinocchio vs Elmo. What is with him and puppets?
That podcast that was shared says when his kid was young (I think his son) he watched certain cartoons constantly and that framed how he thinks about everything. Obsessed with the little mermaid for one.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
I try to avoid learning anything about these gobshites but I saw this gem:

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
Imagine being around during the time when we taught the Africans the wheel.
Born too late to teach the Africans the wheel. Born too soon to explore space. Born just in time to see Shakira sing Waka Waka.

Last edited:

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
How do you even teach someone how to work? What does that even mean?

Trequarista10

Feels like this is suited to this thread...

This guy! He was real plain/straight edge then went on a podcast where the host gave him weed brownies that were way to strong for him and he went full schizo afterwards. The video is probably still on YouTube, it's kinda hilarious and terrifying.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
What does that even mean? Reduced road deaths are bad because wokeness?? What?
I can only assume that it is curtailing the freedoms of the great American motorist in the name of woke ideas about safety and carbon footprint etc. A slippery slope that can only end in oblivion!

Lemoor

What does that even mean? Reduced road deaths are bad because wokeness?? What?
Even when he was supposedly the best thing western intellectuallism had to offer taking his stuff anywhere close to literally was absolutely hilarious. It does feel even more like a performance nowadays.

Withnail

Even when he was supposedly the best thing western intellectuallism had to offer taking his stuff anywhere close to literally was absolutely hilarious. It does feel even more like a performance nowadays.
Well he's well and truly jumped the shark with regard to making serious points about anything but I don't pay a huge amount of attention to him so this just seemed incredibly odd to me.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I find it interesting that he claimed so many young men are inspired by his speech (Peterson). Because his view on all things in life seem to be very pessimistic and give you little hope if you are just an average human being. Stuffs like the higher IQ you have the more successful career you will have and categorizing works based on IQ (I agree when it comes into scientists but not the rest like accountant, etc). How is that inspiring?

"Ah yes you struggle in life? Let me tell you something that will change your life - whats your IQ? below 100? you were born to be at the bottom of the ladder so be happy and dont strive for things above your league. Now work as a Janitor thats the best job for you". Meanwhile in real life, there are a lot of rich people who are not very educated nor bright, but are very likeable and people want to do business with them.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
I find it interesting that he claimed so many young men are inspired by his speech (Peterson). Because his view on all things in life seem to be very pessimistic and give you little hope if you are just an average human being. Stuffs like the higher IQ you have the more successful career you will have and categorizing works based on IQ (I agree when it comes into scientists but not the rest like accountant, etc). How is that inspiring?

"Ah yes you struggle in life? Let me tell you something that will change your life - whats your IQ? below 100? you were born to be at the bottom of the ladder so be happy and dont strive for things above your league. Now work as a Janitor thats the best job for you". Meanwhile in real life, there are a lot of rich people who are not very educated nor bright, but are very likeable and people want to do business with them.
I think people are just charmed by the happiness he projects.

Lemoor

He has hundreds of views that were never meant to be fully consistent with each other. Every person I met that liked him and was familiar with anything more than few soundbites was extremely picky about things that they took seriously and which were just inane ramblings that should never be taken literally.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
He has hundreds of views that were never meant to be fully consistent with each other. Every person I met that liked him and was familiar with anything more than few soundbites was extremely picky about things that they took seriously and which were just inane ramblings that should never be taken literally.
Nietzsche is worth wading through for the nuggets of wisdom among the nonsense. This guy...