Peterson, Harris, etc....

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Peterson is the most cringeworthy person alive. Puts Elon Musk to shame. This is almost unbearable.

Puts Tolkien to shame. Totally beats the Witch King's speech to Gandalf

Sweet Square

Peterson is the most cringeworthy person alive. Puts Elon Musk to shame. This is almost unbearable.

Aren’t benzodiazepines supposed to chill the person out ? I’ve took similar stuff before and just got really into Tarkosky films. How is this fecker so angry all the time.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Puts Tolkien to shame. Totally beats the Witch King's speech to Gandalf
There's not a doubt in my mind that's the sort of thing he was imagining. Some people play up the cringe stuff, but he definitely, absolutely, for shit sure believes that he comes off as the coolest motherfecker on the planet. It brings new levels to the cringe that you just don't get with self-awareness.

Gehrman

Aren’t benzodiazepines supposed to chill the person out ? I’ve took similar stuff before and just got really into Tarkosky films. How is this fecker so angry all the time.
He got off them. By putting humself into a artificial induced coma in eastern europe that nearly killed him.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

:lol: Jesus. He’s such a fecking nerd. They both are actually. Part of what makes them so impossible to take seriously is the stench of dweeb off them. Which I also think contributes to them being such terrible people. Too many wedgies and purple nurples as a child. Classic bad guy origin story.

Kaos

I don't see how he's risen to the position of prominence that he has. All I've gotten from this chancer is pseudo-intellectual waffle which he's used to coat this misogynistic and anti-trans narrative, and those on the right have swallowed it up and praise him as this intellectual powerhouse. Similar to Ben Shapiro in fact, albeit without the obnoxious fast talking or insistence on solely debating college kids.

That Richard Dawkins clip posted above had it spot on - he serenades his (often thick) fans with words they don't understand, so they only assume it to be true. Almost like a Carmine Lupertazzi jr of the social media sphere.

Giggsy PO

Wimbledon Prediction Champion 09
And now imagine you are his patient. I doubt you would be better of.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Guess how much front row center tickets are to see this cnut in Savannah fecking Georgia? $1324 a pop.

:lol::lol::lol:

Laurencio

I'm half-convinced he's running a psychological experiment, and making a shitton of money while doing it. He used to be a decent academic -

It all dates back to a series of papers published in 2012 and 2013.
Extreme Liberalism and reactivity to arousing stimuli: a neurophysiological investigation
Spiritual liberals and religious conservatives
System justification and electrophysiological responses to feedback: Support for a positivity bias.
Confounding valence and arousal: What really underlies political orientation

The conclusion from these papers is fairly straight forward. Liberals are hard to get engaged, it requires thoughtfulness and attention to detail. They are very rarely influenced by strong emotions. One of the papers found that conservatives are strongly emotionally influenced by both positive and negative feedback, while liberals generally don't seem to be. Hmm...

Followed by two very different type of papers
A scalable goal-setting intervention closes both the gender and ethnic minority achievement gap
Why do conservatives report being happier than liberals? The contribution of neuroticism

The first is a paper which seeks to understand how you can ensure that women and ethnic people are not unfairly disadvantaged in academia.Jordan B Peterson was involved in a paper that aimed to study how to close the gender and ethnic minority achievement gap in universities, and proposed active intervention to do so.

The second is an analysis of how the emotions, and the Big Five traits differ between conservatives and liberals, and how that affects their view of life. The Big Five is something that keeps propping up in all papers he co-authors, and seems to predict fairly consistently what psychological traits are associated with people that have conservative political views. He wrote extensively about these Big Five personality traits earlier on in his career. The most interesting thing about this really, is that at this point it seems that his papers are suggesting conservatives are easier to manipulate into engagement than liberals.

After this he starts publishing books aimed at conservatives, holds speeches and publishes videos. His research into conservatives continue. How does the Big Five traits influence conservative views and what common denominaters are there - what makes a conservative engage in an issue.

From dispositions to goals to ideology: Toward a synthesis of personality and social psychological approaches to political orientation
Ideological reactivity: Political conservatism and brain responsivity to emotional and neutral stimuli.
Improving the effectiveness of performance feedback by considering personality traits and task demands
Interpersonal Resonance: Developing Interpersonal Biofeedback for the Promotion of Empathy and Social Entrainment
An orderly personality partially explains the link between trait disgust and political conservatism
Amniotic testosterone and psychological sex differences: A systematic review of the extreme male brain theory
Don't get too excited: Assessing individual differences in the down-regulation of positive emotions

The papers he has co-authored are essentially a manual on how to manipulate conservatives;

I think he found a golden goose in his research, and ran with it.

Bebe

I'm half-convinced he's running a psychological experiment, and making a shitton of money while doing it. He used to be a decent academic -

It all dates back to a series of papers published in 2012 and 2013.
Extreme Liberalism and reactivity to arousing stimuli: a neurophysiological investigation
Spiritual liberals and religious conservatives
System justification and electrophysiological responses to feedback: Support for a positivity bias.
Confounding valence and arousal: What really underlies political orientation

The conclusion from these papers is fairly straight forward. Liberals are hard to get engaged, it requires thoughtfulness and attention to detail. They are very rarely influenced by strong emotions. One of the papers found that conservatives are strongly emotionally influenced by both positive and negative feedback, while liberals generally don't seem to be. Hmm...

Followed by two very different type of papers
A scalable goal-setting intervention closes both the gender and ethnic minority achievement gap
Why do conservatives report being happier than liberals? The contribution of neuroticism

The first is a paper which seeks to understand how you can ensure that women and ethnic people are not unfairly disadvantaged in academia.Jordan B Peterson was involved in a paper that aimed to study how to close the gender and ethnic minority achievement gap in universities, and proposed active intervention to do so.

The second is an analysis of how the emotions, and the Big Five traits differ between conservatives and liberals, and how that affects their view of life. The Big Five is something that keeps propping up in all papers he co-authors, and seems to predict fairly consistently what psychological traits are associated with people that have conservative political views. He wrote extensively about these Big Five personality traits earlier on in his career. The most interesting thing about this really, is that at this point it seems that his papers are suggesting conservatives are easier to manipulate into engagement than liberals.

After this he starts publishing books aimed at conservatives, holds speeches and publishes videos. His research into conservatives continue. How does the Big Five traits influence conservative views and what common denominaters are there - what makes a conservative engage in an issue.

From dispositions to goals to ideology: Toward a synthesis of personality and social psychological approaches to political orientation
Ideological reactivity: Political conservatism and brain responsivity to emotional and neutral stimuli.
Improving the effectiveness of performance feedback by considering personality traits and task demands
Interpersonal Resonance: Developing Interpersonal Biofeedback for the Promotion of Empathy and Social Entrainment
An orderly personality partially explains the link between trait disgust and political conservatism
Amniotic testosterone and psychological sex differences: A systematic review of the extreme male brain theory
Don't get too excited: Assessing individual differences in the down-regulation of positive emotions

The papers he has co-authored are essentially a manual on how to manipulate conservatives;

I think he found a golden goose in his research, and ran with it.
Do you think this happened, or might it be that he dove deeply enough that he started to become the abyss he was staring into?

True answer is likely a mixture of both I suppose.

Withnail

I saw a bit of this debate on a clip on Tiktok and Peterson is just absolutely infuriating here. I don't know how Delahunty, who I don't know much about, keeps his cool with the constant interruption, obfuscation, moving the goalposts and word salad gibberish coming out of Peterson. I went back and tried to watch the full thing but couldn't get through it. It doesn't start off too badly but from around the 36 min mark onward Peterson is just being ridiculous.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
He justs calls him a old fool and asks if he dont knows death when he sees it, dont he?

Then again, that alone is a thousands times better than whatever drivel Jordan spouts.
Hold on just a goddamn second, have I missed Peterson comparing himself to a maiar up in here? A line has to be drawn.

Gehrman

He justs calls him a old fool and asks if he dont knows death when he sees it, dont he?

Then again, that alone is a thousands times better than whatever drivel Jordan spouts.
I sucked at being a nerd there. Yeah its something like that but the whole passage is great. Perhaps i was more thinking along lines of Jaime's speech to the Tully lord during the siege of riverrun but i went for the wannabe dark lord vibe.

BootsyCollins

I sucked at being a nerd there. Yeah its something like that but the whole passage is great. Perhaps i was more thinking along lines of Jaime's speech to the Tully lord during the siege of riverrun but i went for the wannabe dark lord vibe.
You are a much better nerd than me as i have no idea what the Tully lord is, but i am guessing its GoT?

Giggsy PO

Wimbledon Prediction Champion 09
If you want to see Peterson totally exposed in a debate (I dont mind to say even destroyed) watch his duel with Slavoj Zizek.

Trequarista10

While I agree, I sometimes think that he died before he had the chance to land on the wrong side of one of the big issues of the day.
Even more reason I wish he was still here. The polemic nature of the debates at the moment is a problem. I wish there were more high profile and respected intellectuals who crossed the divide, could take a popular stance on some issues and unpopular on others (or which are popular with different tribes). Which is difficult because they would face being ostracised by both tribes, and many start of one side or seemingly centrist and then get driven or incentivized to commit to one extreme, but Christopher would have been smart and honourable enough to pull it off imo. Not even sure who it could be argued does that now? I know some people used to like Harris but I always found his tone gratingly dull, and I think his stock has fallen now.

Gehrman

While I agree, I sometimes think that he died before he had the chance to land on the wrong side of one of the big issues of the day.
I think depends what the big issues of day is. He was vehemently antitheist. By current day standards he would be labelled as an Islamophobe and probably is. He was a free speech absolutist. He was a supporter of the iraq war till the day he died. He would still be far more eloquent on modern day issues than the rest of the lot. Woke is a very broad term but going by his life he would most likely be on the anti woke side of things. He couldn't care less if what he considers to be true offends people.

Last edited:

Charlie Foley

Yeah, because the world needs another war monger.
I’ll reply to these both at the same time because I think my response to either addresses both. I get what you’re saying, since post 9/11/Iraq War he wasn’t quite as captivating as before, though he still did some great work on the likes of Trotsky and Orwell in that time. And his, ahem, eulogy of Jerry Falwell is GOATed. But there are many topics today that I wonder what would his opinion be on it, I’m at least interested in that thought. It would be funny to see him shit talk some of the spoofers mentioned in this thread for one thing. I’ve never once thought boy what would Peter Hitchens think about that

Gehrman

In Canada what are the apparent social media rules for a licensed psychologist to free express themselves especially on political hot topics? About half my friends are psychologists or therapists and they don't hold back on social media

Edit: Nvm

Last edited:

RedDevilQuebecois

What a total bellend. This has to be a very new low coming from him. :mad: :mad: :mad: :nono: :nono: :nono:

Last edited: